Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Anyone else having issues with Ribbon Dancers not showing up in lineage tiles? I'm getting blank pictures as seen below, though the sprites are showing up fine on view pages and scrolls.

FbrLAl3.png

It doesn't look to be affecting any other dragon, just Ribbon Dancers and just as that sprite size. Disabling my ad blockers and other addons didn't do anything. Not sure when this started happening since it seems to be specific to one dragon sprite, but as it doesn't appear to be a problem on my end I'm stumped.

Edited by Nine

It seems like an adblocker issue because the image info gives this address right now - https://dragcave.net/images/Ads7.png

But you say disabling your adblocker didn't help? So I am a bit stumped.

My Ribbon Dancers are showing just fine.

If it is an adblocker issue they will reappear once that image address changes.

Edited by purplehaze

I agree, that surely points to it being some kind of ad blocker. I can get the image to show after disabling everything-- including things unrelated to adblocking, so I guess I have to play whack a mole to figure out which are the culprits. I've never had any problems before or on other sites, but seems like an easy enough fix.

Well, I suspect the problem will resolve itself in time when the image gets a new address, and those addresses change frequently. Of course something else may disappear later when it gets a similar address. ;) 

@Lady_of_The_Forest Well, it takes 24 hours (to the second) for you to get back your scroll space, and 14 days (to the second) for the broken shells to disappear.

On 11/11/2019 at 5:05 AM, Fuzzbucket said:

I just looked and you didn't mention wanting to support it at all.

image.thumb.png.2c98b100e68498ebdfd8275146da9e36.png

And what do you mean by paypal buttons? I don't see any, except ofc on the subscription page...

1 hour ago, ElpuntThing said:

image.thumb.png.2c98b100e68498ebdfd8275146da9e36.png

And what do you mean by paypal buttons? I don't see any, except ofc on the subscription page...

The donation button in this thread is likely what they were referring to. 

Over the Halloween holiday, I used Purples (even though I know they won’t reject their mates during the holidays)  because I thought I remembered reading that you can have a rejection after the holidays using the same mates if they were going to reject each other anyway. (To stave off a “silent rejection” that might have happened during the holiday.) So as a precaution, because I like a lot of the pairs I bred, I used Purples. 

Now that the holidays are over, I really don’t know if I wasted my Purples and if I need to still  use fertility—for that first post-holiday breeding—on all of those pairs I bred over the holidays with Purples.

Advice/clarification would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. :)

Edited by missy_

2 hours ago, missy_ said:

Over the Halloween holiday, I used Purples (even though I know they won’t reject their mates during the holidays)  because I thought I remembered reading that you can have a rejection after the holidays using the same mates if they were going to reject each other anyway. (To stave off a “silent rejection” that might have happened during the holiday.) So as a precaution, because I like a lot of the pairs I bred, I used Purples. 

What you heard was true until February last year when TJ changed it. Quote the TJ:

* Fertility will not be removed from pairs during event breeding, since it has no effect anyways.

* Pair compatibility will be completely ignored during event breeding. This means that new pairs that breed during an event but would refuse otherwise will not be marked as such after the event, potentially wasting a breeding (if you breed them and they refuse anyways) but allowing the use of fertility after the event.

If fertility does turn out to have been used you should make a help thread as it's a bug.

Edited by Shadowdrake

L

26 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

What you heard was true until February last year when TJ changed it. Quote the TJ:

If fertility does turn out to have been used you should make a help thread as it's a bug.

Thanks, Shadowdrake.

I understood the first part of what you said, that TJ changed it.   Thank you—I didn’t know he changed it. But the last sentence in your post confused me, as I did use fertility.  It seems like that wouldn’t be a bug if I used fertility during the event but more like fertility wouldn’t be useful, since it wouldn’t take effect. 

2 hours ago, missy_ said:

I understood the first part of what you said, that TJ changed it.   Thank you—I didn’t know he changed it. But the last sentence in your post confused me, as I did use fertility.  It seems like that wouldn’t be a bug if I used fertility during the event but more like fertility wouldn’t be useful, since it wouldn’t take effect. 

What I meant (as TJ said) is that fertility will stay applied on the dragon and doesn't need another purple to reapply it since it had no effect and wasn't used. If the fertility you put on the dragon was used up during of holiday breeding (even though it shouldn't), that would be a bug. You can check by grabbing another purple and seeing if the dragon can have fertility applied or if it's grayed out.

Edited by Shadowdrake

On 11/15/2019 at 12:07 AM, Shadowdrake said:

What I meant (as TJ said) is that fertility will stay applied on the dragon and doesn't need another purple to reapply it since it had no effect and wasn't used. If the fertility you put on the dragon was used up during of holiday breeding (even though it shouldn't), that would be a bug. You can check by grabbing another purple and seeing if the dragon can have fertility applied or if it's grayed out.

Oh, I see now! Also learned something useful. Didn’t know Purple unused would stay applied until it is used. Is there a time limit?

Just tried a Halloween pair and it worked. Thanks! ^_^

21 minutes ago, missy_ said:

Oh, I see now! Also learned something useful. Didn’t know Purple unused would stay applied until it is used. Is there a time limit?

No. :)

No limit. Stays until the next time you breed that dragon. I have one that I accidentally used fertility on years ago and never bred. He is still greyed out on the list when I go to use fertility even now.

Edited by purplehaze

9 hours ago, StormBirdRising said:

OK, so I clicked on Discord from my scroll, is that the Official Drag Cave Discord?

Where's that link? :o I don't see it?

On 11/16/2019 at 5:49 PM, Fuzzbucket said:

No. :)

On 11/16/2019 at 7:14 PM, purplehaze said:

No limit. Stays until the next time you breed that dragon. I have one that I accidentally used fertility on years ago and never bred. He is still greyed out on the list when I go to use fertility even now.

Thanks! ^_^ 

Eeek. All DC pages are suddenly blank? Is this just me? oO

This was happening to me, which is why I came to check here, but it seems it has gone to the maintianence mode screen now.

Edit: it's back.

Edited by VioletWhirlwind