Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Starting to think that I'm being targeted. I've got FIVE dead eggs. Most of them are extremely common breeds as well, like a white or dark green. One is breedable, hardly a new breed, and the one time I FINALLY catch myself a Xeno (astrapi) it's dead within 24 hours. All 5 are viewbombed to death. I've never had this happen before. I've never lost an egg to sickness since I joined the site. I work during the day, I can't watch eggs at work or be on my phone. I can only guess I ticked someone off and they are maliciously attacking my eggs with a single-minded focus of killing them all. So far, they have succeeded. So my question is:

What the hell do I do to protect my scroll from malicious viewbombs?

1 hour ago, Dragon Mage said:

What the hell do I do to protect my scroll from malicious viewbombs?

Fog your eggs, fog your hatchlings, hide your scroll in account settings if you want to be super safe. That's all that's needed. Once they're around 12-24 hours away from hatching time (or even closer if you want to be safer), you can add to whatever hatcheries you want and they'll be almost completely safe from any sort of attack due to their low views. Just fog everything regardless of its worth unless you don't care if it dies, and unhide only when they're ready to be added. You can hide your scroll after they've been added to prevent anyone from messing with your hatchery entries such as removing them or adding to more, and also prevents anyone from stalking your scroll in case of a particularly dedicated viewbomber.

3 hours ago, SaltySenpai said:

So I've been playing since 2012 and have had a Shallow Water Dragon for years and clicked "Splash" more than I can count, and still don't have a Magikarp badge. Does it no longer exist?

I got my Magikarp badge years ago so I can't say for sure that it's still obtainable, but I haven't heard anything about it not being. You only have one Shallow Water? If I remember correctly it takes around 100 Splashes to get the badge (possibly a bit more?), most people use a handful of Shallow Waters to get there faster.

21 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I got my Magikarp badge years ago so I can't say for sure that it's still obtainable, but I haven't heard anything about it not being. You only have one Shallow Water? If I remember correctly it takes around 100 Splashes to get the badge (possibly a bit more?), most people use a handful of Shallow Waters to get there faster.

Yes only one. I didn't think I could use more than one for the Splash. I'm egg locked but will look out for more to see if it helps. Is there anyone I can talk to to confirm or deny that it's still obtainable? Cause if it's not I won't look for more since I'm on a project that needs me to be egg locked for awhile.

Edited by SaltySenpai

In a long lineage like this one YRjHd, is there a way to figure out which of the dragons' lineage goes to gen one? Or do I really have to click all the 38 (!) dragons that appear in gen 8?

8 minutes ago, painless_j said:

In a long lineage like this one YRjHd, is there a way to figure out which of the dragons' lineage goes to gen one? Or do I really have to click all the 38 (!) dragons that appear in gen 8?

Check for "There's more!" links here:

http://www.allureofnds.net/NDER/Lineage.php?dcode=YRjHd&gen=13&mate=

(reduces the clickery to 14 links for you)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

How long does it take for your freezes to recharge? I've been freezing a bunch of stuff from the AP and used all 18 freezes. There's no cooldown listed, just that I've used too many in the "past several weeks." Will they start coming back once it's been "several weeks" since my first freeze or is there a predetermined reset time?

v Thanks everyone! That help page is really useful. Looks like I'll have to wait 11 days. :')

Edited by cbussiere

Your freezes in the past two weeks, along with the dates used, are listed at https://dragcave.net/help/actions#freeze  You can look at the dates listed and easily figure out when you'll be getting freezes back (although you'd have to check your Action Log for the actual times).

17 hours ago, SaltySenpai said:

So I've been playing since 2012 and have had a Shallow Water Dragon for years and clicked "Splash" more than I can count, and still don't have a Magikarp badge. Does it no longer exist?

I also have only 1 shallow water and I finally got my magikarp badge last year (well done Aurupisca!). 100 days of clicks feels way longer than it is, IME! If like me, you only play on-and-off, and you don't remember to do it every day, it does feel like forever.

My thread (in help) just got marked "answered" and locked, but despite finding the source of the weirdness I had, my question itself wasn't actually answered? But I can't even see which moderator locked it, to PM them about the misunderstanding 😕 My question itself, which granted I didn't make very clear, was "is there another way for me to support the site".

4 minutes ago, ElpuntThing said:

I also have only 1 shallow water and I finally got my magikarp badge last year (well done Aurupisca!). 100 days of clicks feels way longer than it is, IME! If like me, you only play on-and-off, and you don't remember to do it every day, it does feel like forever.

My thread (in help) just got marked "answered" and locked, but despite finding the source of the weirdness I had, my question itself wasn't actually answered? But I can't even see which moderator locked it, to PM them about the misunderstanding 😕 My question itself, which granted I didn't make very clear, was "is there another way for me to support the site".

Could you link me to your thread so I can do a little digging? I might just end up PM-ing a mod since we aren't getting a solid answer. And yes, I'm not on everyday. I just feel like it's discontinued cause it mentions something like that vaguely on the wiki. But I'm not 100% sure.

So, uh... I don't wanna look dumb but, does DC's main site use/enter DST? 

During the week of Halloween event my city finished DST so my clock was 2 hours behind the main site, but a couple of days later -right now- I'm just 1 hour behind like when I was on DST.

I don't think it would be something serious, just caught my eye. 

The main site follows DST. So it just switched back to Standard time on 3 Nov.

4 hours ago, SaltySenpai said:

Could you link me to your thread so I can do a little digging? I might just end up PM-ing a mod since we aren't getting a solid answer. And yes, I'm not on everyday. I just feel like it's discontinued cause it mentions something like that vaguely on the wiki. But I'm not 100% sure.

My thread doesn't have anything to do with shallow waters, idk if that was clear ^^;

But re magikarp: if it were me I'd make a full thread after not getting an answer here ^_^ But you can PM a mod if you'd prefer a quick response.

29 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

The main site follows DST. So it just switched back to Standard time on 3 Nov.

Oh, okay. Thank you so much! ^_^

How do you get rid of undead dragons from your scroll? I accidentally killed and revived a dragon that I don't want to keep, but there's no option to abandon it. Is it stuck on my scroll permanently?

23 minutes ago, randomperson100 said:

How do you get rid of undead dragons from your scroll? I accidentally killed and revived a dragon that I don't want to keep, but there's no option to abandon it. Is it stuck on my scroll permanently?

That is what the Soulpeace dragon was created for. It has a BSA called expunge that lets you get rid of your undead. If you don't know, Soulpeace is a hybrid that can be obtained by breeding a White and a Daydream together.

26 minutes ago, randomperson100 said:

This is what Soulpeace dragons were invented for ^_^

57 minutes ago, randomperson100 said:

Soul Peace Dragons can Expunge unwanted Zombies.

Again, I see a help thread getting marked answered before the question has actually been addressed. Is there at least a way to see which mod was responsible for the thread closure?

correction: it was the user changing the thread title this time, the thread isn't locked. still, doesn't change the issue I had with my thread.

Edited by ElpuntThing

Which one ? I saw one changed to "answered".... That's how you ask to have them closed.

But you can always PM a mod and ask.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

On 11/8/2019 at 1:14 PM, ElpuntThing said:

Well I can answer that for you - yes; you can donate. There are PayPal buttons all over the scroll pages, and there's one in a thread here, too:

And it certainly didn't come over in your thread. I just looked and you didn't mention wanting to support it at all.