Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

5 hours ago, Mewtie said:

You can search members by their scroll name. Ellenai seems to be Elen on the forums.

I don't know when that was added, but I'm really not sure that should be a thing. many users have different names for a reason.

^Given that the account settings still say "The username you use to log into the main site. This will only be made visible to global moderators and administrators" I think it was an unintended change. @TJ09 Could we get a clarification, please?

9 hours ago, Fly-by-Night said:

Sorry, but what is a photo box?

I meant those little boxes you see when there should be a picture there.  Not saying it is one, just reminded me of them.

On 10/26/2019 at 7:00 PM, Mewtie said:

You can search members by their scroll name. Ellenai seems to be Elen on the forums.

20 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

I don't know when that was added, but I'm really not sure that should be a thing. many users have different names for a reason.

I didn't think you could search MEMBERS as such; what I have done on occasion is search for the scroll name as a word; it often shows up in trading and then...

ETA just tested and that's what works; my scroll name IS different and does not come up under a member search,

Edited by Fuzzbucket

I'm noticing the 5 min drops in Halloween biome are suddenly -within the last hour- really short.

Can these PLEASE be extended a bit or something? Anything? 
We have extremely slow internet, (I think it's a elderly hamster on a wheel and some rubber bands), and it's near impossible to catch any Omens. This is the 3rd year of trying for those, and it's just frustrating.

(We're in very rural area and only have satellite internet avail, period. Sooo sloww)

7 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

ETA just tested and that's what works; my scroll name IS different and does not come up under a member search,

You probably tested in the wrong spot. If you just click the magnifying glass to get to Advanced Search, then Member Search, there is an input field for the dragcave username field.

It should be hidden for anyone but admin and mods, but it isn't. @TJ09 Could you hide it, please?

Is anyone else seeing more ads flying around since this past hour?

Like in the cave there's a very misaligned one in the cave entrance, there was one smack dab in your face if you clicked on a trade (not anymore), and here on the forum they're between every third to fourth post.

Anyone else seeing this or is it just me?

17 minutes ago, Ripan said:

Is anyone else seeing more ads flying around since this past hour?

Like in the cave there's a very misaligned one in the cave entrance, there was one smack dab in your face if you clicked on a trade (not anymore), and here on the forum they're between every third to fourth post.

Anyone else seeing this or is it just me?

No, not just you. I have been inundated and it's irritating and frustrating.

Screenshot_20191028-080638.thumb.png.90a1f680bdbdc734d8d21a23f2de341b.png

Everywhere.

Screenshot_20191028-080651.thumb.png.801c29244173e4294b7633f5b3a36ad7.png

They sneak down from the top.

Screenshot_20191028-080929.thumb.png.300e8cf7274ee2692dfe58037d569fd8.png

And block access to the notifications.

@TJ09, has something changed with the forum ads? And it's in the cave, too.

Screenshot_20191028-081255.thumb.png.96a5632de37bbd3acea42ae858d225c3.png

Edited by Lagie
To add cave shot.

11 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I didn't think you could search MEMBERS as such; what I have done on occasion is search for the scroll name as a word; it often shows up in trading and then...

hate to break it to you but yours does come up this way. 

10 hours ago, Uther_Pendragon said:

I'm noticing the 5 min drops in Halloween biome are suddenly -within the last hour- really short.

Can these PLEASE be extended a bit or something? Anything? 
We have extremely slow internet, (I think it's a elderly hamster on a wheel and some rubber bands), and it's near impossible to catch any Omens. This is the 3rd year of trying for those, and it's just frustrating.

(We're in very rural area and only have satellite internet avail, period. Sooo sloww)

This is because there are only a certain amount of eggs that will drop at a time, and a LOT of people in the biomes, meaning everything gets snatched up immediately. Unfortunately, that's just how it goes. I've been so hopeless at grabbing anything this year that I've just given up for the moment; it might be best to wait until Tuesday or Wednesday when the rush has died down and try hunting really early in the morning/late at night when the majority of players are asleep.

If you want Halloween eggs to drop more frequently or have more eggs drop at once to give you a better chance, it would probably to worth making a post in the Suggestions/Requests forum to get your suggestion out there, although I feel like it's probably been brought up in the past.

Thanks, The William Shakespeare!

Yes, I've been attempting around the clock (hello 2AM) and since our internet is so slow, I still can't catch the Omens. I'm now barely seeing drops, really, it's that quick/Net that slow.

(I'll def try your Tues/Wed suggest as last hope because I want to get full set of new ones when they release)
If it weren't so arrrgh, I would laugh. It shouldn't be this darn hard.

I've spoken up before, but I guess there must not be a way to factor in players like my fam who have spotty, almost dial-up speeds.

7 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

You probably tested in the wrong spot. If you just click the magnifying glass to get to Advanced Search, then Member Search, there is an input field for the dragcave username field.

It should be hidden for anyone but admin and mods, but it isn't. @TJ09 Could you hide it, please?

OK (not that I have an advanced search button....) But at least as a direct member search it doesn't work...

9 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

not that I have an advanced search button

You should have that magnifier glass button next to the search input field. Leave the field empty and click the glass directly to get to dvanced Search.

So what happens to eggs that you autoabandon to the AP? Do they appear there but you just can't pick them up, like eggs that you've picked up and dropped from the AP manually? Do they never appear at all, and thus you get a different AP view than everyone else? Or do they appear and you can pick them up along with everybody else?

I'm breeding some checkers to the AP, and want to know if I should bother looking for them later or not. 🙂

1 minute ago, tjekan said:

Do they appear there but you just can't pick them up, like eggs that you've picked up and dropped from the AP manually?

Exactly. Until someone else picks them up and drops them again (so until someone else is their last owner.)

It's very much possible to pick up dragons from the AP that you auto'ed - at least once they've been picked up and abandoned by someone else. I'm pretty sure I've caught my own eggs on occasion. Especially around Valentine. "Oh, that lineage matches one of mine perfectly! Let's check if they're unrelated... Wait, the names of the parents are awfully familiar...  Dang it!"

Edited by olympe

Don't know if this is a glitch or not, but I've noticed that topics don't show who last posted on mobile.  I don't remember if they did before, but I realized that last night and thought 'huh, that's strange, was it always like that?'.  They do show it on PC though.

screenshot for reference 

AD1F7BB9-09A5-4E25-86D6-D4D9A671C2A6.png

2 hours ago, Draconiusultamius said:

Don't know if this is a glitch or not, but I've noticed that topics don't show who last posted on mobile.  I don't remember if they did before, but I realized that last night and thought 'huh, that's strange, was it always like that?'.  They do show it on PC though.

screenshot for reference 

Nope. They don't on mobile.

4 hours ago, Draconiusultamius said:

screenshot for reference 

Lol I remember getting confused about this around a year ago. I think they got rid of it in the new forum software update? I find it kinda annoying especially because I swear we used to have it, but I think it helps the site load faster for people so we make do without.

i never saw it mobile. I remember it annoyed me from the first day I had to play on my tablet.

when it says there’s no limit for the halloween event (this is my first), am i right to assume it means no limit on halloween eggs you can pick up? and if that’s the case does it only apply to users that have plat trophies? i can’t seem to pick up anymore eggs so i’m a little confused c; 

2 minutes ago, nazguul said:

when it says there’s no limit for the halloween event (this is my first), am i right to assume it means no limit on halloween eggs you can pick up? and if that’s the case does it only apply to users that have plat trophies? i can’t seem to pick up anymore eggs so i’m a little confused c; 

the egg limit is the only limiter.  Christmas and Valentine eggs have a limit of 2 CB per scroll.