Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

On 11/16/2019 at 5:49 PM, Fuzzbucket said:

No. :)

On 11/16/2019 at 7:14 PM, purplehaze said:

No limit. Stays until the next time you breed that dragon. I have one that I accidentally used fertility on years ago and never bred. He is still greyed out on the list when I go to use fertility even now.

Thanks! ^_^ 

This was happening to me, which is why I came to check here, but it seems it has gone to the maintianence mode screen now.

Edit: it's back.

Edited by VioletWhirlwind

2 hours ago, RealWilliamShakespeare said:

Why aren't Zyumorphs available in the market?

I don't think we've ever gotten an 'official' answer about that, but it most likely has something to do with the different variants and different biomes and such.... Which doesn't necessarily make sense because Xenos are the same and are in the market, but that's what most people assume. 

16 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I don't think we've ever gotten an 'official' answer about that, but it most likely has something to do with the different variants and different biomes and such.... Which doesn't necessarily make sense because Xenos are the same and are in the market, but that's what most people assume. 

Huh, good to know I'm not the only one in the dark! Thanks for answering ^_^ I would say maybe it's because you could "buy" your way into a Sino or something but the elemental trio are in there so... Hmm

16 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Which made more sense before the Coppers were added. But now they are in there with their different biomes and different variants, so it really doesn't make much sense since the Zyus are not really any different.

4 hours ago, RealWilliamShakespeare said:

Why aren't Zyumorphs available in the market?

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

There's one important difference between Zyus and Xenos. The site considers all 6 Xenos to be unique breeds, but Zyus are just one breed with 6 variants. The biome of origin of the CB Zyu (ancestor) determines its type. 

Although I think TJ should be able to work around it, but, well. 

Another thing that puzzles me, though: Why can't Zyus - which are all one breed - breed other types of their breed? Considering Xenos can breed other Xenos (which are different breeds), this is baffling.

How to unlock dragon sprites in dragon encyclopedia? Do I have to own these dragons, or visiting other people ones will be enough?=)

Visiting people's dragons will be enough - there is a bit of a quota like 1 dragon owned equals 5 dragons watched or something but clicking through other's scrolls works fine

You can also click your own dragons once a month for additional observations.

5 hours ago, DarkellaLord said:

How to unlock dragon sprites in dragon encyclopedia? Do I have to own these dragons, or visiting other people ones will be enough?=)

There's a thread to assist! One of the posts had a spreadsheet link.

On 11/19/2019 at 12:45 PM, olympe said:

There's one important difference between Zyus and Xenos. The site considers all 6 Xenos to be unique breeds, but Zyus are just one breed with 6 variants. The biome of origin of the CB Zyu (ancestor) determines its type. 

That *would* make sense.... Except Coppers are in the Market and they are considered 'one breed' according to the encyclopedia (and have the same biome-origin mechanism too). 

Forum-related question: Is there any way to 'mark as read' for Notifications? The list of recent notifications when you click the bell, I mean. I have notifications from weeks ago that are still showing as 'unread' (ie, not grayed-out)... I feel like maybe you have to actually click the notification in order to make it 'read' (oh wait, nope, just tried that and it's still not grayed-out...).... I'm confused.

I honestly haven't gotten the hang of those notifications yet. Sometimes, they grey out, sometimes, they don't. 😕 Most of the time, clicking on it and actually reading the post it is about helps. Opening the link in a new tab usually doesn't, I think.

23 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Forum-related question: Is there any way to 'mark as read' for Notifications? The list of recent notifications when you click the bell, I mean. I have notifications from weeks ago that are still showing as 'unread' (ie, not grayed-out)... I feel like maybe you have to actually click the notification in order to make it 'read' (oh wait, nope, just tried that and it's still not grayed-out...).... I'm confused.

Usually clicking on the notification to go to that thread will grey it out -- but not always. I have some that have stayed bold for weeks, but once they drop out of sight on the list I don't fret about it. ;) I'm not sure what makes the difference. It may be a glitch?

Is there a way to search archived posts in the Introduction Forum? I have tried inputting searches in various ways, but I can't seem to find my older posts in that forum (the ones that aren't current, that have been archived).

Thanks in advance. :)

Not really sure where to ask this but does anyone know the gender ratios for CB Prizes? Like are there more males or females floating around? Both generally (for all prizes), the ratio for shimmers, tinsels, and then each type?

(me trying to plan for when i hopefully win the raffle sometime in the next 10 years X'D)

Nope. Some prize owners want to keep theirs secret, and there are more of them every month. It may once have been possible to keep tabs on the existing prizes, but not anymore, by a long shot.Sorry! ^^;

Anyone else having a problem not getting forum notifications? I am subscribed to a number of threads on the forum, but as of today I am not getting notifications from some of them. Some are still working fine, though.

The two I am sure I am NOT getting notifications from are The Z Project and How High Can You Count Before a Mod Posts. Secret Santa and Count to 1,000,000 are still working okay. I'm not sure about some of the others because no one has posted in them yet today.