Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Oh that's so weird. I didn't even notice. I was able to add it to a different hatchery so hopefully that'll be enough. Thank you for pointing that out. 😄

Two hatcheries were able to pull it from my scroll and two pulled it as the pumpkin hatchling. So weird.

7 hours ago, Mewtie said:

Here it is usually avoided to give dragons humanoid anatomy. I don't have much experience with the way TJ judges it, but on a previous version of the Tercorn Dragon, he did point out a strong resemblance to human hands.

Thank you very much. I have real problem with that, but I'll try to give my dragon I'm making more animalistic "hands". Mainly I draw humans and humanoids and it seems to be a constant problem here 😂

I'm curious about the lineage of this Pumpkin. The 2nd gen SA surprised me, especially since the CB is not an alt. Looking back in the lineage, it appears that there is also another 2nd gen alt that this one has sometimes been bred with. I had no idea that there was such a thing and can't find any info on it. Are these Marri's dragons?

Edited by purplehaze
stupid typo!

5 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I'm curious about the lineage of this Pumpkin. The 2nd gen SA surprised me, especially since the CB is not an alt. Looking back in the lineage, it appears that there is also another 2nd gen alt that this one has sometimes been bred with. I had no idea that there was such a thing and can't find any info on it. Are these Marri's dragons?

yes the alts do belong to Marri. 😁 I love the names

5 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Yes, the alt is. The pumpkins were created before spriter alts existed so TJ made all the pumpkins she currently owned into alts after it was implemented, including lineaged ones. I believe the only other lineaged alts are the snow angels because those are scroll-coded like the regular white\gold\tricolor versions.

8 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

Yes, the alt is. The pumpkins were created before spriter alts existed so TJ made all the pumpkins she currently owned into alts after it was implemented, including lineaged ones. I believe the only other lineaged alts are the snow angels because those are scroll-coded like the regular white\gold\tricolor versions.

Fun facts! Thanks for the answer. :)

Is there a "What is your current GOOD luck" thread out there as an inverse to the bad luck one? I swear there was, but I can't find it. XD 

12 minutes ago, Aqub said:

Is there a "What is your current GOOD luck" thread out there as an inverse to the bad luck one? I swear there was, but I can't find it. XD 

This is probably the closest thing:

Anybody good at math and DC mechanics here? How many Red dragons should I have to always have an option to incubate available, assuming I have 8 egg slots filled always and the CD for a Red is 2 weeks? 34 is not enough, as I find.

That depends on your playing style, really. If you hatch and release/gift/trade, you'll need more than if you keep everything you breed and catch, and if you only take eggs from the AP it mostly depends on the current AP times whether you even NEED incubate! XD

If all your 8 eggs hatch exactly at the age of 2 days (with incubate) and you keep all of them, you'll need 7x8=56 Reds.

I myself never run out with my 149 adults (it helps to have a PB Red breeding habit going on - plenty of people doing that and adding to the AP, too).

Edited by Ruby Eyes

3 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

That depends on your playing style, really. If you hatch and release/gift/trade, you'll need more than if you keep everything you breed and catch, and if you only take eggs from the AP it mostly depends on the current AP times whether you even NEED incubate! XD

If all your 8 eggs hatch exactly at the age of 2 days (with incubate) and you keep all of them, you'll need 7x8=56 Reds.

I myself never run out with my 149 adults (it helps to have a PB Red breeding habit going on - plenty of people doing that and adding to the AP, too).

I can see your point 😕 Yeah, I do trade and try to catch something low-time from AP every now and then. I'll be aiming for a hundred then :) I do grab reds from AP when I see them. Lineage doesn't matter for me in this case, and I take inbreds too.

In our settings we have the option to hide social media buttons in general - should that not also block the "Connect" box with all of them,  on the main page ? (This is the kind of reason I will continue to use an adblocker here; I can filter it away - but I should be able to set my pages not to have to see it if I like...) Is it intended ? I realise one rarely actually goes tot he main page, but still...

forum question: is there still a way to make sure that when i type ascii smilies:

:)

they don't automatically turn into emojis? :) There definitely used to be...

7 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

In our settings we have the option to hide social media buttons in general - should that not also block the "Connect" box with all of them,  on the main page ? (This is the kind of reason I will continue to use an adblocker here; I can filter it away - but I should be able to set my pages not to have to see it if I like...) Is it intended ? I realise one rarely actually goes tot he main page, but still...

That's something I've wondered for a long, long time. Don't think I've ever actually brought it up though. Logically I'd *think* that having 'Show Social Media Buttons' un-checked would mean not, yunno, seeing social media stuff. However, it does specify that it's talking about 'scroll and BBCode pages', not the front page.

2 hours ago, ElpuntThing said:

forum question: is there still a way to make sure that when i type ascii smilies:

:)

they don't automatically turn into emojis? :) There definitely used to be...

No longer with the forum upgrade from summer 2017, sorry. Not with a simple checkmark, at least - you can try formatting though, like this: :) (I bolded the parenthesis)

3 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

No longer with the forum upgrade from summer 2017, sorry. Not with a simple checkmark, at least - you can try formatting though, like this: :) (I bolded the parenthesis)

aww :(

Well, it could be worse. ":)" actually looks pretty ok. Another forum I'm on turns :), and even : ) and (: into this:image.png.389a1a4d3a30af6572af79a727818e5d.png

Which is so ugly, and totally changes the tone I'm going for with its dead-eyed expression XD

Question: Is it possible to Stun a hatchling more than once? I've always figured it could only be once, but looking at the actual description in the Help section on the site it doesn't specifically say that. For Influence and Incubate, for example, it specifies that each egg can only be (action) once. 

22 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Question: Is it possible to Stun a hatchling more than once? I've always figured it could only be once, but looking at the actual description in the Help section on the site it doesn't specifically say that. For Influence and Incubate, for example, it specifies that each egg can only be (action) once. 

No, stun can't be used on the same hatchling more than once. Weird that it doesn't specify that like the others.

So I've been playing since 2012 and have had a Shallow Water Dragon for years and clicked "Splash" more than I can count, and still don't have a Magikarp badge. Does it no longer exist?

Edited by SaltySenpai
wrong name of dragon

Starting to think that I'm being targeted. I've got FIVE dead eggs. Most of them are extremely common breeds as well, like a white or dark green. One is breedable, hardly a new breed, and the one time I FINALLY catch myself a Xeno (astrapi) it's dead within 24 hours. All 5 are viewbombed to death. I've never had this happen before. I've never lost an egg to sickness since I joined the site. I work during the day, I can't watch eggs at work or be on my phone. I can only guess I ticked someone off and they are maliciously attacking my eggs with a single-minded focus of killing them all. So far, they have succeeded. So my question is:

What the hell do I do to protect my scroll from malicious viewbombs?

1 hour ago, Dragon Mage said:

What the hell do I do to protect my scroll from malicious viewbombs?

Fog your eggs, fog your hatchlings, hide your scroll in account settings if you want to be super safe. That's all that's needed. Once they're around 12-24 hours away from hatching time (or even closer if you want to be safer), you can add to whatever hatcheries you want and they'll be almost completely safe from any sort of attack due to their low views. Just fog everything regardless of its worth unless you don't care if it dies, and unhide only when they're ready to be added. You can hide your scroll after they've been added to prevent anyone from messing with your hatchery entries such as removing them or adding to more, and also prevents anyone from stalking your scroll in case of a particularly dedicated viewbomber.

3 hours ago, SaltySenpai said:

So I've been playing since 2012 and have had a Shallow Water Dragon for years and clicked "Splash" more than I can count, and still don't have a Magikarp badge. Does it no longer exist?

I got my Magikarp badge years ago so I can't say for sure that it's still obtainable, but I haven't heard anything about it not being. You only have one Shallow Water? If I remember correctly it takes around 100 Splashes to get the badge (possibly a bit more?), most people use a handful of Shallow Waters to get there faster.

21 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I got my Magikarp badge years ago so I can't say for sure that it's still obtainable, but I haven't heard anything about it not being. You only have one Shallow Water? If I remember correctly it takes around 100 Splashes to get the badge (possibly a bit more?), most people use a handful of Shallow Waters to get there faster.

Yes only one. I didn't think I could use more than one for the Splash. I'm egg locked but will look out for more to see if it helps. Is there anyone I can talk to to confirm or deny that it's still obtainable? Cause if it's not I won't look for more since I'm on a project that needs me to be egg locked for awhile.

Edited by SaltySenpai

In a long lineage like this one YRjHd, is there a way to figure out which of the dragons' lineage goes to gen one? Or do I really have to click all the 38 (!) dragons that appear in gen 8?

8 minutes ago, painless_j said:

In a long lineage like this one YRjHd, is there a way to figure out which of the dragons' lineage goes to gen one? Or do I really have to click all the 38 (!) dragons that appear in gen 8?

Check for "There's more!" links here:

http://www.allureofnds.net/NDER/Lineage.php?dcode=YRjHd&gen=13&mate=

(reduces the clickery to 14 links for you)

Edited by Ruby Eyes