Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

I'm so glad it isn't just me. I have on occasion messed things up some, as I have rather rigorous security settings on my browser (that's why I looked in several.)

Can artists choose whether or not to display their badge - is that part of it, perhaps ?

Does this maybe need its own thread, as TJ didn't seem to get what we were on about ?

ETA: I have done:

Edited by Fuzzbucket

OK and what on EARTH is that freedom is life's great lie doing showing up under my name on that link ??? It's part of Infinis' sidebar....

Edited by Fuzzbucket

I think the forum chose to show one of the pics you posted in that thread as a preview. It appears to have some sense of humour :lol: 

Edited by Chococat0815

Sure - but my image was tiny - that's HUGE !

I was wondering something. The Special Release Offspring Gifting Group is one of my favorites. Is there a thread that works like this, where you can easily request something, but for year-round dragon breeds? If not, is it against the rules or should I maybe make one? ^_^ I know I would both use and love to donate to a thread like that. 

3 minutes ago, blah said:

Click the gold badge in my signature. :)

I am familiar with the Breeding, Gifting thread! It's just not really quite the idea I had in mind. I was thinking more something where you request the egg you need, no lists, (like how the Special Release Gifting Group works now) and more focused around lineage rather than breed, since I've always thought Breeding, Gifting was more about getting dragon breeds you are missing...:huh:

I have had great results from posting in my signature...

28 minutes ago, Aqub said:

I am familiar with the Breeding, Gifting thread! It's just not really quite the idea I had in mind. I was thinking more something where you request the egg you need, no lists, (like how the Special Release Gifting Group works now) and more focused around lineage rather than breed, since I've always thought Breeding, Gifting was more about getting dragon breeds you are missing...:huh:

Since you're not allowed to ask for CB eggs on B,G many people come there to request lineages and currently most lists are always empty anyway. But I see what you mean, B,G has rather strict rules both for requesting and for in-thread posting.

57 minutes ago, Aqub said:

I was wondering something. The Special Release Offspring Gifting Group is one of my favorites. Is there a thread that works like this, where you can easily request something, but for year-round dragon breeds? If not, is it against the rules or should I maybe make one? ^_^ I know I would both use and love to donate to a thread like that. 

Like this?

If this has been addressed somewhere, let me know. I apologize if it's been asked...but...where are the Red Dorsals and Tan Ridgewings in the Market? Is there a reason they aren't there? Or am I just not seeing them on my phone? I have caught Purple after Purple (trying to get a Tan Ridgewing mostly) but have had no success, so I looked at the Market...no Tan Ridgies or Red Dorsals. 

Or do we just buy a Dorsal/Ridgewing egg and possibly end up with a Tan/Red? I'm confused. Love Tan Ridgebabies!

I don't even know how to explain it.  I somehow without doing anything went from ads yesterday evening to ad blocking by 11 eastern. I've cleared cookies (no clue how that was going to help) Tried unblocking (no blocks but one available anywhere) and still it tells me I am blocking ads. I had hoped it would fix itself today but nope.

Am open to suggestions.

Edited by dtwrites
Fixed. (It fixed itself.)

46 minutes ago, Suzumiya said:

Or do we just buy a Dorsal/Ridgewing egg and possibly end up with a Tan/Red?

Yes.

5 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Yes.

Really? That's...kinda cool. It's like playing the lottery! 

I have no idea if this is the place to ask, and I know it kinda depends on the individual, but,

Which is rarer and 'worth' more, sitting Alt Black or lying Alt Black?

And are either of them worth more than a Cheese?

4 minutes ago, Justie said:

I have no idea if this is the place to ask, and I know it kinda depends on the individual, but,

For scroll purposes, I would trade a Cheese for a lying Alt just because I already have a sitting alt. So yes, I think it depends on the person. I got the last adult dragon I need for scroll goals last night, and a lying alt is something I need for my frozen hatchie goals. I personally have seen far more sitting alts than lying alts. I've never, in years, hatched a lying alt. They were all sitting alts. So for me, yes. Others might be the total opposite.

23 hours ago, Justie said:

Lying and sitting are both cycling in rarity, there are phases where (almost) every alt is a sitting one and phases where almost every one is a curly. Judging by the trading hub I'd say we are entering a sitting phase.

But mostly it depends on person and scroll goal. I for example have finished my frozen black alt set but I'm STILL willing to pay quite handsomely for curly s1s no matter the lineage because I have a project going with them and imo they are among the cutest sprites on all of DC.

Edited by Herk

Thanks @Herk. That was both helpful and succinct!! I get it a lot better now. I had no idea there was a cyclical thing going on.

Question about Guardians of Nature...if this is answered elsewhere, please point me! 

I have 3 GoNs. 1 female and 2 males. If I released a male, would I be able to try again for a second female? Or do we just get 3 summons, total, no matter what?

3 minutes ago, Suzumiya said:

If I released a male, would I be able to try again for a second female?

Yes.

42 minutes ago, Suzumiya said:

For scroll purposes, I would trade a Cheese for a lying Alt just because I already have a sitting alt. So yes, I think it depends on the person. I got the last adult dragon I need for scroll goals last night, and a lying alt is something I need for my frozen hatchie goals. I personally have seen far more sitting alts than lying alts. I've never, in years, hatched a lying alt. They were all sitting alts. So for me, yes. Others might be the total opposite.

Thank you too Suzumiya! I only just realised you had answered as well. 👍 My confidence as a trader is rising!

14 minutes ago, Justie said:

Thank you too Suzumiya! I only just realised you had answered as well. 👍 My confidence as a trader is rising!

My answer was more vague. I also didn't know about the cycle that Herk mentioned, so I learned something else new!

And thank you, @Ruby Eyes. I'm tempted to try this. I need a second female for a lineage continuation...but it just took so long to get all three of them!

Is there a mechanical difference between the "no interest" and "no egg" breeding results? They both give the same end result, but is it something like "this pair isn't very compatible" vs "ratios prevented an egg"?

21 minutes ago, Keileon said:

Is there a mechanical difference between the "no interest" and "no egg" breeding results? They both give the same end result, but is it something like "this pair isn't very compatible" vs "ratios prevented an egg"?

I believe so, yeah. I *think* I remember it being confirmed that if a pair continually gives 'no interest' then, while it's not an outright refusal, it might be better to try a different pair because they may not be very compatible.