Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Question about Guardians of Nature...if this is answered elsewhere, please point me! 

I have 3 GoNs. 1 female and 2 males. If I released a male, would I be able to try again for a second female? Or do we just get 3 summons, total, no matter what?

3 minutes ago, Suzumiya said:

If I released a male, would I be able to try again for a second female?

Yes.

42 minutes ago, Suzumiya said:

For scroll purposes, I would trade a Cheese for a lying Alt just because I already have a sitting alt. So yes, I think it depends on the person. I got the last adult dragon I need for scroll goals last night, and a lying alt is something I need for my frozen hatchie goals. I personally have seen far more sitting alts than lying alts. I've never, in years, hatched a lying alt. They were all sitting alts. So for me, yes. Others might be the total opposite.

Thank you too Suzumiya! I only just realised you had answered as well. 👍 My confidence as a trader is rising!

14 minutes ago, Justie said:

Thank you too Suzumiya! I only just realised you had answered as well. 👍 My confidence as a trader is rising!

My answer was more vague. I also didn't know about the cycle that Herk mentioned, so I learned something else new!

And thank you, @Ruby Eyes. I'm tempted to try this. I need a second female for a lineage continuation...but it just took so long to get all three of them!

Is there a mechanical difference between the "no interest" and "no egg" breeding results? They both give the same end result, but is it something like "this pair isn't very compatible" vs "ratios prevented an egg"?

21 minutes ago, Keileon said:

Is there a mechanical difference between the "no interest" and "no egg" breeding results? They both give the same end result, but is it something like "this pair isn't very compatible" vs "ratios prevented an egg"?

I believe so, yeah. I *think* I remember it being confirmed that if a pair continually gives 'no interest' then, while it's not an outright refusal, it might be better to try a different pair because they may not be very compatible. 

7 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

I believe so, yeah. I *think* I remember it being confirmed that if a pair continually gives 'no interest' then, while it's not an outright refusal, it might be better to try a different pair because they may not be very compatible. 

This explains so much. And helps me so much. Time to try my tinsel and various Monarchs with different mates to see if they're more compatible. Continuous no interest from a Monarch/Tea pair for weeks...gonna see if they like one of the new Black Teas better. And my tinsel REALLY hates this specific White Zyumorph. Time to...er...try to catch another White Zyu. 

Is there an option to track trades in the trade hub?

Sometimes there are trades I would like to follow / track because I don't have what the person wants but I know I could put up an offer soon (eg. egg on cool down or my dragons are in cool down and can't breed yet).  However, since my encyclopedia is not completed, there are many breeds I cannot search.  There are many times I couldn't find a specific trade again and I just don't have time to go through hundreds of pages of trades ....

Just now, QVic said:

Is there an option to track trades in the trade hub?

Sometimes there are trades I would like to follow / track because I don't have what the person wants but I know I could put up an offer soon (eg. egg on cool down or my dragons are in cool down and can't breed yet).  However, since my encyclopedia is not completed, there are many breeds I cannot search.  There are many times I couldn't find a specific trade again and I just don't have time to go through hundreds of pages of trades ....

I bookmark trades I want to come back to.

4 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I bookmark trades I want to come back to.

Oh! How?

14 minutes ago, QVic said:

Oh! How?

On my phone, I click the star in the search bar; on the laptop, same thing. The star is usually at one end or the other of the search bar.

dc bookmark.jpg

OH!!! Of course.  I thought DC has a bookmark function!! Silly me.  I guess that's a good way to keep track.  Thanks @Lagie!

Random question I suddenly wondered about. If the new eggs are dropping in the coast, desert and jungle, then why are all the eggs gone in the other biomes?

13 minutes ago, Charity322 said:

Random question I suddenly wondered about. If the new eggs are dropping in the coast, desert and jungle, then why are all the eggs gone in the other biomes?

because when a release happens only they drop for X many hours.  Since neither egg is in the other biomes nothing is there.

1 minute ago, DragonLady86 said:

because when a release happens only they drop for X many hours.  Since neither egg is in the other biomes nothing is there.

Ah, I always assumed that if the new ones didn't drop in a particular biome then it was business as usual. I have learned something.

13 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

Other eggs are actually mixing in right at the beginning, just not a lot of those. Since the egg creation depends not only on ratios (new breeds are ALWAYS underpopulated) but also on biome visitors (TJ mentioned that some years ago), the majority of eggs will be created for the biomes that were announced in the news thread, because that's where nearly everyone is waiting for them.

What's the best way to get this tinsel to hatch without it getting sick? https://dragcave.net/lineage/zKeSp

He's at around 2 days and he's taking up an important egg slot. He needs to hurry up, but I don't want to get him sick!

Also, I know it's here somewhere...but where's the best place to ask for help influencing and hatching something? I don't think anyone will volunteer right now because of the new release...but I can hope. I'm out of male pinks. :(

http://hatching.club/index.php

Not let me down yet 

But don't forget to take him out again ! (In fact, I hide them when they hatch, myself !)

ETA I see it hatched - don't know what you did but well done !

Edited by Fuzzbucket

1 hour ago, Suzumiya said:

What's the best way to get this tinsel to hatch without it getting sick? https://dragcave.net/lineage/zKeSp

He's at around 2 days and he's taking up an important egg slot. He needs to hurry up, but I don't want to get him sick!

Also, I know it's here somewhere...but where's the best place to ask for help influencing and hatching something? I don't think anyone will volunteer right now because of the new release...but I can hope. I'm out of male pinks. :(

Do you mean this thread?

https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/158260-random-scroll-help-and-missed-connections/

I'm not sure if they do hatching too, though. Seem it's just erasing influences... Asking in the discord might help for influence+hatching, though :) (or if you see me online when you are, feel free to PM me)

I have hatched for people in my time to have an influence hold up - from that thread. But not during a release !

Usually I'll take the egg when it's incuhatchable, influence and then hatch and return. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

4 hours ago, Suzumiya said:

I think this is what you meant:

Don't know if this is still active.

I'm a bit confused really. I have almost all of my dergs set into "categories" that they belonged to Light Affinity, Fire Affinity, Cave Born,, Bred By and so fort. Just had a neat little drop down list that you clicked what you wanted or another page to create a new on. Now when I try to add anyone, it takes me to a whole new page, but I need to add another elementa affinity. It just keeps taking forever and forever to try and find my dragons at all. I finally give up and just close that window. is it something new? 

If you mean groups - go to your account, go to groups, and select add new group. 

Has anybody gotten an egg from a (light) Lumina x Holiday pair recently?

I've been trying to breed a Lumina x Snow Angel egg for someone for several weeks now (10 breeding attempts in total), using fertility every single time and sometimes switching the Lumina mates, but I got absolutely nothing. (Not even a dark Lumina.)

Today I decided to try the rest of my Luminae with random Holiday mates. I used fertility every time again, but: NO EGGS. I do occasionally get eggs from Lumina x Lumina (and possibly other, not sure) pairings that I breed for the AP or for Z codes.

Do they just... really, really dislike holiday dragons? o_O