Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

On 4/17/2019 at 3:45 PM, Zalom said:

I'm gonna do it.

If you succeed, then please tell me :3

5 hours ago, Keileon said:

How long across can a single image be in the signature until it doesn't fit?

The forum won't limit you anymore, but whoever views your signature might see only part of it, depending on their screen size.

(Excessive signature images are one reason why I set the forum to not display signatures for me anymore, but the profile still shows them, of course.)

18 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

The forum won't limit you anymore, but whoever views your signature might see only part of it, depending on their screen size.

(Excessive signature images are one reason why I set the forum to not display signatures for me anymore, but the profile still shows them, of course.)

Reason for my asking being I was working on a new signature banner. :) Was trying to figure out the dimensions I could get away with so it'd display like this

AahbqPa.png

rather than like this

7PUEb8W.png

But for reference, the banner I have now is 850px across and displays fine on computer. Mobile probably looks a mess though, unfortunately.

2 hours ago, Keileon said:

Reason for my asking being I was working on a new signature banner. :) Was trying to figure out the dimensions I could get away with so it'd display like this

AahbqPa.png

rather than like this

7PUEb8W.png

But for reference, the banner I have now is 850px across and displays fine on computer. Mobile probably looks a mess though, unfortunately.

The top one looks fine in your post on my mobile, if that helps at all.

when using the  SEARCH function ... it no longer retains previous searches

rather miss that .. a lot

inputting every time is a bit of a pain as is now keeping a paper list of previous searches

15 hours ago, RealWilliamShakespeare said:

Is the forum still looking funky for anybody else after the update? I still can't see the title of the "next unread topic", or the badges for artists. Do I need to clear my cache or are they just not working yet? (I would just clear my cache to check but I've got a lot of tabs open for uni work and don't want to until I know there's no potential of losing my work lol)

It's an intended change that helps the forums load faster.

5 hours ago, orphaned said:

when using the  SEARCH function ... it no longer retains previous searches

rather miss that .. a lot

inputting every time is a bit of a pain as is now keeping a paper list of previous searches

What do you mean by retaining previous searches? I'm not sure I understand.

1 hour ago, TJ09 said:

It's an intended change that helps the forums load faster.

That applies also to the missing artist badges ? That IS a shame.

23 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

That applies also to the missing artist badges ? That IS a shame.

? Artist badges are appearing just fine as far as I can tell. They're absent on mobile, but that's not strictly new (depending on how you consider their broken half-hidden state a while back).

Before I ask anything, let me just clarify my state of mind: I have a history being a non-voluntary scapegoat in the past, to put it gently. I cannot not say I ever became used to being punished for what someone else did or said I did, whether that punishment was physical or otherwise (and there were plenty of both occurrences and results), but the semi-conscious expectation of it happening is still there. That I am extremely apologetic and don’t (or might be afraid to) complain when I do deserve something like a punishment also stem from this, but those are irrelevant here.

Anyway, I am currently feeling a bit paranoid with what happened to Hopsketch(?), and the likeliness of it happening again to other people?

I know it’s not my place to ask about, but is how it sounds like a unsupported claim for a bannable offense enough to have a scroll burned accurate? Or am I just being paranoid?

Edited by Montre

2 hours ago, Montre said:

Before I ask anything, let me just clarify my state of mind: I have a history being a non-voluntary scapegoat in the past, to put it gently. I cannot not say I ever became used to being punished for what someone else did or said I did, whether that punishment was physical or otherwise (and there were plenty of both occurrences and results), but the semi-conscious expectation of it happening is still there. That I am extremely apologetic and don’t (or might be afraid to) complain when I do deserve something like a punishment also stem from this, but those are irrelevant here.

Anyway, I am currently feeling a bit paranoid with what happened to Hopsketch(?), and the likeliness of it happening again to other people?

I know it’s not my place to ask about, but is how it sounds like a unsupported claim for a bannable offense enough to have a scroll burned accurate? Or am I just being paranoid?

I would say this.

I would HOPE that IF there are any claims of bannable behavior, the mods would look into said claims before taking any decisive action to ensure that the claims are in fact TRUE. After all, just because a claim is made doesn't make it so as you validly point out... AND, after all, that is their responsibility. I get the SENSE that our mods take their jobs pretty seriously, and I don't THINK that they would scapegoat someone. I understand your concern of course, BUT we don't KNOW what happened in the case of Hopsketch, exactly. I don't know that the mods would ADVERTISE their reasons for their decision publicly. Given how much we DON'T know, I am not particularly worried. 

Of course, I am not a mod and I can't really speak definitely. Just my thoughts on it.

Edited by JavaTigress

6 hours ago, TJ09 said:

? Artist badges are appearing just fine as far as I can tell. They're absent on mobile, but that's not strictly new (depending on how you consider their broken half-hidden state a while back).

Where are they supposed to be, did the artist badges move? 'Cause they used to be on the left side of the person's posts, under their name/level/etc, but I'm not seeing them anymore either. I've checked posts by birdzgoboom, Pixxelation (PieMaster), Fiona, Marrionetta, and a few others, and I don't see any artist badges anywhere on their posts. 

5 hours ago, Montre said:

2 hours ago, JavaTigress said:

I would say this.

I would HOPE that IF there are any claims of bannable behavior, the mods would look into said claims before taking any decisive action to ensure that the claims are in fact TRUE. After all, just because a claim is made doesn't make it so as you validly point out... AND, after all, that is their responsibility. I get the SENSE that our mods take their jobs pretty seriously, and I don't THINK that they would scapegoat someone. I understand your concern of course, BUT we don't KNOW what happened in the case of Hopsketch, exactly. I don't know that the mods would ADVERTISE their reasons for their decision publicly. Given how much we DON'T know, I am not particularly worried. 

Of course, I am not a mod and I can't really speak definitely. Just my thoughts on it.

I can see Hopsketch's groups just fine.... and I still get the hidden scroll message, not a charred one

6 hours ago, TJ09 said:

This is what I see: 1887910718_Image1.png.b0880fa0f2973395c5c4d7b3e7f64513.png598013241_Image2.png.23a44104c91e2578de2db760d8f24c5e.png

If I click on whatever that is below infi's name, it says I am not permitted to see this page. I am on a PC. And someone else reported this the other day, so at least then I wasn't alone.

I have tried in FOUR browsers....

ETAS Thanks Heather - me too. Can't see them ANYWHERE !

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Sorry in advance if I am not in the right section of the Forum to ask a question but could not find anywhere to ask a simple question.

Did post on Trading section but nobody bothered to answer.

Anyway, all I would like to know, is there the usual Easter egg collecting this year??????

5 minutes ago, owned by toys said:

Did post on Trading section but nobody bothered to answer.

Anyway, all I would like to know, is there the usual Easter egg collecting this year?????? 

Well, the TRADING section is certainly the wrong spot to expect answers for that.

Generally, such an event would start on Easter Sunday, if I recall correctly from previous years, but only TJ himself would really know.

(Considering that there was a thread for Easter Egg submissions from users this year, I'm pretty sure there will be the accompanying collecting event to go with that.)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

13 minutes ago, owned by toys said:

There most certainly will be one, since there was a thread in the news forum inviting people to submit eggs for it. As to when ...Ruby Eyes is right. It usually starts on Easter Sunday and lasts 3 days, I think.

XD I see Ruby ninja'd me with her edit!

Edited by purplehaze

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

This is what I see: 1887910718_Image1.png.b0880fa0f2973395c5c4d7b3e7f64513.png598013241_Image2.png.23a44104c91e2578de2db760d8f24c5e.png

If I click on whatever that is below infi's name, it says I am not permitted to see this page. I am on a PC. And someone else reported this the other day, so at least then I wasn't alone.

OKAY so this isn't just me lol, the little... incomprehensible thing under my name has been driving me nuts :'D

Odd - the little thing under Infinis has now vanished in Opera.... But it is still there under all artists in firefox.... including you - and try to view it and you get:

The page you requested does not exist

Edited by Fuzzbucket

TJ answered my question  

image.png.4ac2414699f353592df5abe7e5b7f84d.png

now only the current search shows

whereas before  .. other searches would show beneath the current search

such as

d c community

justie

purpledragonclaw    ...  would show beneath  the box with tiny little questions

12 minutes ago, orphaned said:

TJ answered my question  

image.png.4ac2414699f353592df5abe7e5b7f84d.png

now only the current search shows

whereas before  .. other searches would show beneath the current search

such as

d c community

justie

purpledragonclaw    ...  would show beneath  the box with tiny little questions

That might have been your own browser's doing (auto filling of forms). Maybe you changed something in its settings?

2 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

That might have been your own browser's doing (auto filling of forms). Maybe you changed something in its settings?

hmm

thank you for a responsive answer

I have changed nothing but gmail and google have been mucking up stuff a lot lately

I don't know about your browser, but mine updated several  things while I wasn't looking and it's driving me nuts trying to find out how to turn them off....

11 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Well, the TRADING section is certainly the wrong spot to expect answers for that.

Generally, such an event would start on Easter Sunday, if I recall correctly from previous years, but only TJ himself would really know.

(Considering that there was a thread for Easter Egg submissions from users this year, I'm pretty sure there will be the accompanying collecting event to go with that.)

Thank you for the reply Ruby - thought there would be one this year as I also noticed the Easter Egg submission.

Couldn't remember from past years whether it was just before or towards the end of Easter and hoped I hadn't missed it.  It's Easter Sunday here so shouldn't be too far away now.

I know Trading was the wrong place but still did think of all the DC members someone would have replied, even if only, to tell me

to get out of there :)

7 hours ago, owned by toys said:

even if only, to tell me

to get out of there :)

That's would be considered spam, too ;)

Anyway, it started. Happy hunting!

19 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I can see Hopsketch's groups just fine.... and I still get the hidden scroll message, not a charred one

This is exactly what I see too! It's a little broken link but only under some artists' names, and not others? Very odd.