Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

11 hours ago, olympe said:

Try to upload your pic to an external site (and use the IMG link from that site in your sig), and you won't have that border. (If you look at the various pics in fuzbbucket's signature and copy their URL, you'll find that the pics hosted on DCF have a border.)

I'll do that, thank you!

9 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Really ?

Off I go. Wait - can I be bothered ? XD

Depends on how long you can live with that gray border...  XD   

Update:  I used Google Photos, and it did the job.  Don't use the link they give to share, though.  Right click and choose "Copy image address/URL", and it actually shows the image, not just the link.

Edited by blackdragon71

7 hours ago, blackdragon71 said:

I'll do that, thank you!

Depends on how long you can live with that gray border...  XD   

Update:  I used Google Photos, and it did the job.  Don't use the link they give to share, though.  Right click and choose "Copy image address/URL", and it actually shows the image, not just the link.

Your signature is just the square you see when an image doesn't load with a string of numbers.  If I try to open that in a new tab I run into a dead end at a google log in page.  Not good if you aren't a google user.

41 minutes ago, Dracaena said:

Your signature is just the square you see when an image doesn't load with a string of numbers.  If I try to open that in a new tab I run into a dead end at a google log in page.  Not good if you aren't a google user.

I'll load it up to Flickr, then and see if it works better for others.  It took me hours to make, darn it, I want to show it off.  :P

2 minutes ago, blackdragon71 said:

I'll load it up to Flickr, then and see if it works better for others.  It took me hours to make, darn it, I want to show it off.  :P

Other random thought, see if there is anyway to set permissions on your google photos to let anyone view regardless of login.

I tried that, but unless I make the entire thing viewable to the public, I can't.  And not everything in my photos is for public consumption.  Nothing bad, just private unto me and selected individuals.  Can you see the Flickr version I just did?  

38 minutes ago, blackdragon71 said:

I tried that, but unless I make the entire thing viewable to the public, I can't.  And not everything in my photos is for public consumption.  Nothing bad, just private unto me and selected individuals.  Can you see the Flickr version I just did?  

I can, though you may want to make it not a link(it goes to it's Flickr page) or link it to the thread.

@blackdragon71 I see your signature now and it looks nice. :)  prpldrgnfr is right about the way it's linking and has a good suggestion.

Morning all, I wondered if there were lineage templates available, please? I swear there were but I'm being silly and can't find them at all! Thanks for your help!

Like this?

templateemptylineagel8uq7.png

They are usually in any "Breeding Plans" threads for new releases. Also, there is a lineage preview generator here:

Thanks Ruby Eyes - it's much appreciated (yeah, I am using Heart of Blue, but I can't seem to fit all the dragons I need to in the first gen without it looking really strange!) 

I answered my own question, please don't mind me! 🐲

Edited by Ylla
Figured it out

21 hours ago, prpldrgnfr said:

I can, though you may want to make it not a link(it goes to it's Flickr page) or link it to the thread.

21 hours ago, Dracaena said:

@blackdragon71 I see your signature now and it looks nice. :)  prpldrgnfr is right about the way it's linking and has a good suggestion.

Suggestions taken to heart!  Imgur does it better.  :)  Thank you!

5 hours ago, blackdragon71 said:

Suggestions taken to heart!  Imgur does it better.  :)  Thank you!

You're very welcome!  :) 

Has anyone gotten a PB green Spinel lately? Particularly from CB parents?

I think I saw someone post a PB green shortly after the change. I could try, if you like.

ETA: Bred 13 PB 2nd gen Spinels, all were purple. And I'm out of purple Spinels to breed.

Edited by olympe

Finally got a green, but it's a 4G PB from green parents.

I want to make an egg gif for a festival of eggs entry, but I don't know how to do that. I have the sprites made, but I don't know how to make the frames into a gif. What programs do y'all use?

6 hours ago, On_Your_Left said:

I want to make an egg gif for a festival of eggs entry, but I don't know how to do that. I have the sprites made, but I don't know how to make the frames into a gif. What programs do y'all use?

https://gifmaker.me/ It's online, and it's free.

7 hours ago, Keileon said:

Finally got a green, but it's a 4G PB from green parents.

Well, green Spinels, when bred to anything but a purple Spinel, cannot breed more purples.

See here, pretty much the last couple of posts between TCA and me.

What - from an image ?

Get the image from the wiki or somewhere (dc image links don't work.) Add it to a post (Insert other media > image from url.) Insert it. Then double click it to edit and there's an add link option.

Like this: latest?cb=20091211214438

2 minutes ago, blueberry_ said:

How do you change your username? Or can you change it?

On Dragcave itself: not at all.

On the forums: At the top is your username, with an arrow next to it - click that, then in the dropdown box click "Account Settings". You'll see your "Display Name" there and on the right a button that says "change".