Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

1 minute ago, Ruby Eyes said:

On Dragcave itself: not at all.

On the forums: At the top is your username, with an arrow next to it - click that, then in the dropdown box click "Account Settings". You'll see your "Display Name" there and on the right a button that says "change".

Oh, okay, thank you! Do you happen to know how to start a teleport/trade?

1 minute ago, blueberry_ said:

Do you happen to know how to start a teleport/trade?

You need an adult Magi dragon for that, teleporting is its BSA (Breed-Specific Action).

Until you have one, other people can set up trades with you. For offering on someone else's trade or accepting someone else's transfer, you don't need a Magi of your own.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

6 minutes ago, blueberry_ said:

Oh, okay, thank you! Do you happen to know how to start a teleport/trade?

@blueberry_  I just sent you a link of a couple of magi hatchling.  Check your PM. :)

Edited by QVic

1 hour ago, Ruby Eyes said:

You need an adult Magi dragon for that, teleporting is its BSA (Breed-Specific Action).

Until you have one, other people can set up trades with you. For offering on someone else's trade or accepting someone else's transfer, you don't need a Magi of your own.

Thank you for the help! And thank you @QVic for the magi hatchlings, they're very adorable!

Okay, hopefully this isn’t too stupid of a question, but is there a maximum amount of dragons you can have? I know there is a limit for eggs, but I don’t know if there is one for how many hatchlings and/or dragons you can have at a time. If so, what’s the limit? Also, how do I make a signature?

Edited by blueberry_

12 hours ago, olympe said:

Well, green Spinels, when bred to anything but a purple Spinel, cannot breed more purples.

See here, pretty much the last couple of posts between TCA and me.

This was fixed recently, sometime around the VDay release. Now it appears PB spinels can breed both red and green. I've definitely gotten reds from green parents.

My concern lies in that I think there's either a ratio mishap or another bug, as I've not gotten a 2G PB green Spinel since the fix.

@Keileon I'd really like to see a lineage like that, though... 

Also, it appears that PB Spinels from red/purple parents can't be green any more...

27 minutes ago, blueberry_ said:

Okay, hopefully this isn’t too stupid of a question, but is there a maximum amount of dragons you can have? I know there is a limit for eggs, but I don’t know if there is one for how many hatchlings and/or dragons you can have at a time. If so, what’s the limit?

There's a limit for GROWING things (eggs + hatchies) that's three times your egg limit and no limit on total dragons, there are scrolls with well over 10,000 dragons out there ;)

3 minutes ago, Herk said:

There's a limit for GROWING things (eggs + hatchies) that's three times your egg limit and no limit on total dragons, there are scrolls with well over 10,000 dragons out there ;)

Oh, wow.p, that is quite a lot of dragons! Sorry for bothering you but do you happen to know if there is a place where other users assist others in completing their scrolls/dragon collection? And how do you change your signature? 😓

In addition to what Herk already said, you can always check your current limits here: https://dragcave.net/help/egglimits

(There is also a great mentoring system in this forum if you'd rather have somebody to ask all those questions to - I'm only mentioning this because sometimes people feel silly asking some questions in public -> here is the link to the mentoring project ^_^)

2 minutes ago, blueberry_ said:

Oh, wow.p, that is quite a lot of dragons! Sorry for bothering you but do you happen to know if there is a place where other users assist others in completing their scrolls/dragon collection? And how do you change your signature? 😓

At the top left is your username with an arrow next to it - click that, then in the dropdown box click "Account Settings" and there will be an option to change your signature.

The whole DC forum has areas specifically for breeding or trading where you can get help with lineage projects or trade your eggs for some you need more.

Edited by Soulsborne

2 minutes ago, blueberry_ said:

There are several gifting threads in the 'Trading' subforum. There's the wishlist thread and a LOT of users are happy to help out if you pm them - we usually put that in our signature or profile.

If you click on your username in the upper left corner you can find 'account settings, then you choose signature which lands you here

Also - I'm a mentor if you want to pm more questions :)

4 minutes ago, blueberry_ said:

There are several trading and gifting threads in the Trading Subforum (under Site Discussion).

And, regarding your signature: https://forums.dragcave.net/settings/signature/

(Or go to the top left corner of the forums. Click on your user name there. Choose Account settings in the drop-down menu. Then choose Signature. Edit. Save. ;) 

26 minutes ago, Herk said:

There are several gifting threads in the 'Trading' subforum. There's the wishlist thread and a LOT of users are happy to help out if you pm them - we usually put that in our signature or profile.

If you click on your username in the upper left corner you can find 'account settings, then you choose signature which lands you here

Also - I'm a mentor if you want to pm more questions :)

Thank you very much for the assistance!

26 minutes ago, olympe said:

There are several trading and gifting threads in the Trading Subforum (under Site Discussion).

And, regarding your signature: https://forums.dragcave.net/settings/signature/

(Or go to the top left corner of the forums. Click on your user name there. Choose Account settings in the drop-down menu. Then choose Signature. Edit. Save. ;) 

4 minutes ago, blueberry_ said:

Check your messages :)

Yo, my dragons refused even though they already had eggs together? Do Holiday breedings not count or something? I thought breeding during the Holidays meant they couldn't refuse during the Holiday and then they were already mated so of course couldn't refuse after that... :unsure:

image.png.259df3bfe47227e3c1dece3ef6d0aae6.png

image.png.742e5ef4fb3c91afdf02ef2be47f3bd8.png

Edited by Aqub

6 minutes ago, Aqub said:

Yo, my dragons refused even though they already had eggs together? Do Holiday breedings not count or something? I thought breeding during the Holidays meant they couldn't refuse during the Holiday and then they were already mated so of course couldn't refuse after that... :unsure:

If they were mates before the holiday, they will stay mates. If the holiday breeding was the first time they were paired, they can then refuse outside the holiday window.

Thanks for this - https://dragcave.net/lineage/ZQOlw - btw. :D

Edited by Lagie

5 minutes ago, Aqub said:

Nope, refusals are turned off entirely during holidays (for holiday dragon pairings) - so a pair that would have refused at first breeding can breed anyway, but that doesn't make them any more compatible out of season, unfortunately. Sorry to see that happened to you! x_x

Oh thanks, I didn't know that and thought I fell victim to some weird glitch. :P It's okay, it wasn't an important pair, I was just shocked to see it happen! 

Glad you like the egg @Lagie :D

Is there a new, unannounced change to the 'Abandon' action??

Trying to ditch a hatching that's ER before it can grow up on my scroll (it turned out to be the wrong gender) and I get a message "you leave it while it's sleeping, but it wakes up and begins to follow you" -->  I have never in my life had this happen before! 

Is it new?  Because frankly my feeling is "Thanks, I hate it!"  If this thing grows up on my scoll I'm going to release it into the wild (unless we can no longer do THAT either? In which case I guess I'll have to kill it) where it's no good to anyone, so why not just let me send it to the AP as a hatchling where someone will appreciate it?  AP hatchlings are always snatched up quickly!

Edit: I hit it with a Stun, so at least now it can't grow up on me.  Still really baffled as to why I had to use a Stun on this thing, though!  I've been looking all around the forums and haven't seen anything about the Abandon actions being changed.  Is this somehow not a new thing, and I've just spent eight years without running into it??

Edited by ferdelance

10 minutes ago, ferdelance said:

Is there a new, unannounced change to the 'Abandon' action??

Trying to ditch a hatching that's ER before it can grow up on my scroll (it turned out to be the wrong gender) and I get a message "you leave it while it's sleeping, but it wakes up and begins to follow you" -->  I have never in my life had this happen before! 

Is it new?  Because frankly my reaction is "Thanks, I hate it!"  If this thing grows up on my scoll I'm going to release it into the wild (unless we can no longer do THAT either? In which case I guess I'll have to kill it) where it's no good to anyone, so why not just let me send it to the AP as a hatchling where someone will appreciate it??

That has always been a possible outcome of 'abandon' but it happens very rarely.

3 minutes ago, Lagie said:

That has always been a possible outcome of 'abandon' but it happens very rarely.

Okay; wow.  I have been playing DC since Feb 2009 and have never run into this!

Guess I'll try to trade it for something, because at this point I just want it off my scroll ASAP.

Is it permanent??  Or is there a reset period so I can try again and succeed?  Because I've attempted to get rid of this thing like six times and it won't go away.

Edited by ferdelance

14 minutes ago, ferdelance said:

Okay; wow.  I have been playing DC since Feb 2009 and have never run into this!

Guess I'll try to trade it for something, because at this point I just want it off my scroll ASAP.

Is it permanent??  Or is there a reset period so I can try again and succeed?  Because I've attempted to get rid of this thing like six times and it won't go away.

I think it's permanent (kind of like how cats will always go to the person who is allergic XD ). A giveaway link at the Community Notice Board might be a way to have it leave.

After reading a couple threads in the Discussion forums, I have a question:   How exactly does mass breeding bring the time count on AP eggs down below 6 hours?   It seems to me like I am running into my own breeding attempts from less than 24 hours ago (when I wasn't mass breeding to "help the time") here and there in the AP, which would make them over 6 hours, rather than seeing eggs sliding toward the low-time mark.  

Well, it takes more eggs being bred than are being picked up. That is the only way the times can go down.