Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Hey, has there been any talk about an option to resurrect dead eggs that no kill action was used on? Like a one time attempt when we try to revive a dead dragon?

12 minutes ago, priscel said:

Hey, has there been any talk about an option to resurrect dead eggs that no kill action was used on? Like a one time attempt when we try to revive a dead dragon?

Not to my knowledge, but I suppose you could post a suggestion.

1 hour ago, Sophiera said:

I was busy during valentines and I wanted to check out the other paths of the Valentine Visual Novel game... but then I noticed that I can't access it anymore! Will it be hosted again? Or by a different user? :(

Probably not. Only TJ knows for sure.

7 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

Not to my knowledge, but I suppose you could post a suggestion.

Thanks, but my suggestions usually don't get very far. So I'm good with your reply. I appreciate it :) 

Edited by priscel
grammar =P

Did we ever get individual art credits for those amazing dragons in the events? All I ever saw was a general list of all the people involved in the event.

On 2/21/2019 at 1:55 AM, QVic said:

@olympe and @Ruby Eyes

I got a bunch of pretty valentine checkers this year.  Most of which I won't be able to continue (like this Rosebud).  I will check out the Special Release and the Holiday Kin thread for my luck. Thank you both. :)

Ohey, I bred that!

3 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Ohey, I bred that!

Yes you did! And thank you so much!!! It is so pretty!!!!! :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

Hello, I'm wondering how to obtain a 2g SAlt. Its my wish to own a breeding pair of SAlts ever since I joined.

I did see some trades a few days ago but the chance didn't seem very high that they'd accept my offer due to me being fairly new and not really having anything interesting. 

And since most/pretty much all Spriters don't want any PM's regarding Alt offspring (which I understand, because they're probably getting asked often), I really wonder where people get all these 2gs from. :)

1 hour ago, nordana said:

Hello, I'm wondering how to obtain a 2g SAlt. Its my wish to own a breeding pair of SAlts ever since I joined.

I did see some trades a few days ago but the chance didn't seem very high that they'd accept my offer due to me being fairly new and not really having anything interesting. 

And since most/pretty much all Spriters don't want any PM's regarding Alt offspring (which I understand, because they're probably getting asked often), I really wonder where people get all these 2gs from. :)

I'm not sure whether I understand you correctly, but you cannot acquire spriter's alts at all - only SA kin. Even if you get an offspring of the same breed as the SA, it will be the normal variety, not the SA.

Oh yeah,sorry. I meant 2g Altkins.

Typed too fast and too early in the morning, i guess :D

13 hours ago, nordana said:

Most of the people who get them at this point are close friends of the Spriter. For the average person it's much harder. I'd suggest:

1) Checking a spriter's profile soon after they have a new Holiday released; this is usually when they're most open to trades, since they don't already have an existing wait list. Some people might not want trades even then, but it's when I've had the most luck.

2) Subscribe to spriter's posts. A few of them post trades for 2g Alt kin fairly often, and some will take big offers of common hatchies, delivered over a period of time, instead of rare things.

3) Check the AP during holidays. Most spriters breed their holidays during these times, and the extras from the clutch are automatically abandoned. It's certainly a strategy that has paid off for well for some--saw a person this year who caught 4 2gs during Valentines because they had the good fortune to be in the AP when the spriter's breedings rolled through!

Above all, though, have patience. Many, many people want these 2gs and accordingly they're very hard to get. But it can and does still happen. Hang in there and good luck!

So I noticed a pair I bred during Valentines wasn't popping up on the recent bred mates. Odd, but I thought maybe a new mate won't show up on top if it bred only on the holiday breeding. Then I went to breed them and they refused... for real? https://dragcave.net/progeny/8Hxs4 the fell and her refused.

So, did they not show up because of the refusal, or because new mates won't show up on top?

I also noticed a pair (witchlight x soulstone) won't show up on her recently bred list either. Is it because holidays? 

I'm also noticing my Floral Crowned aether mate isn't showing up and I'm afraid they'll result in refusal too. I'm locked so I can't test it. 

Future refusals or new mechanic (or an old one I never noticed)?

editing for- I know refusals are turned off for holidays, but I thought if they bred during holidays they would outside too, if they hadn't been bred together. I guess that makes sense they can refuse, but still I thought it would show up on top, for recently bred.

Edited by Nightwalkerkey

28 minutes ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

So I noticed a pair I bred during Valentines wasn't popping up on the recent bred mates. Odd, but I thought maybe a new mate won't show up on top if it bred only on the holiday breeding. Then I went to breed them and they refused... for real? https://dragcave.net/progeny/8Hxs4 the fell and her refused.

So, did they not show up because of the refusal, or because new mates won't show up on top?

I also noticed a pair (witchlight x soulstone) won't show up on her recently bred list either. Is it because holidays? 

I'm also noticing my Floral Crowned aether mate isn't showing up and I'm afraid they'll result in refusal too. I'm locked so I can't test it. 

Future refusals or new mechanic (or an old one I never noticed)?

editing for- I know refusals are turned off for holidays, but I thought if they bred during holidays they would outside too, if they hadn't been bred together. I guess that makes sense they can refuse, but still I thought it would show up on top, for recently bred.

Refusals are definitely turned off for the holudays but if your first breeding with the pair is during the holuday, it basically doesn't count so you are starting from scratch if you then breed them after the holiday, and, yes, they can then refuse. They'll be fine again the next time the holiday comes around but you will never get a non-holiday from them.

but seeing that previous mates are listed at the top is that an indicator of pending refusal or just that whether they can/will breed normally hasn't been decided yet? o.O  I would hope the latter, so using a purple on them could still help. 

There are three positions in which you can find a mate in your breeding listing for holiday/nonholiday pairings:

If they show at the top outside the holidays, they have been bred outside the holidays already.

If they show at the bottom outside the holidays and with the breed button replaced by "rejected", they have been bred outside the holidays already, and refused.

If they show in their proper scroll order outside the holidays, they have NOT been bred outside the holidays yet. Use Fertility to prevent refusal.

Holiday/holiday breedings can't ever breed outside the holidays, so I think it depends on when their first breeding happened.

Until a year ago or so (not sure when it changed), any holiday breedings used to set the "has been bred already" flag, including the occasional hidden refusal that would only show on the next breeding outside the holidays (for holiday/nonholiday pairs). This has been changed when users reported refusals despite Fertility for pairs of holiday/nonholiday dragons.

So if a holiday/holiday's first breeding happened before the change, they show up in the mates list at the top. Otherwise, they don't remember each other.

edit: ah, here it is:

Edited by Ruby Eyes

This past Valentine's season, I saw someone in one of the hatcheries with a CB rosebud hatchling that was still growing (definitely NOT frozen.) Is there some way to acquire CB seasonal dragons not during their original holiday, or was I having a mid day hallucination?

4 minutes ago, AislinnSi said:

This past Valentine's season, I saw someone in one of the hatcheries with a CB rosebud hatchling that was still growing (definitely NOT frozen.) Is there some way to acquire CB seasonal dragons not during their original holiday, or was I having a mid day hallucination?

Yes, that's possible now! It didn't used to be possible to get CB holiday dragons after their initial release, but not too long ago TJ implemented a 'holiday biome', a special biome that appears only during the holiday (Valentines, Halloween, etc), where you can get CBs of any and all past holiday breeds. The 2-CB limit still applies for Valentines and Christmas though.

4 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Yes, that's possible now! It didn't used to be possible to get CB holiday dragons after their initial release, but not too long ago TJ implemented a 'holiday biome', a special biome that appears only during the holiday (Valentines, Halloween, etc), where you can get CBs of any and all past holiday breeds. The 2-CB limit still applies for Valentines and Christmas though.

Oh that's incredible. I look forward to snagging all the Arcana dragons I can! :D

16 minutes ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

Can dark green alts be male as well as female?

Of course. J8Xc0

Can light Lumina dragons be obtained from the cave during night time? 

Just found one so yes, they can. :P Not sure how it's shining in the sunlight when the sun isn't out!

Edited by Aqub

hasprecogchanged.PNG.97996229ab28b6b0bc36d390df2459d3.PNG

the precog bsa seems to have changed, earlier you could precog influenced eggs and s1 hatchlings too i believe, now you can't

(also, it's spelled 'infuenced' instead of influenced, and the bsa prompt still says to select an egg or hatchling)

The spelling was noted in another thread.

But that is a bit of a pain.... Then again - we can check our logs to see which way; it does potentially save an Aeon.

I have fat BUTTONS on my BSA pages...

361613033_Image1.png.7d08109cea25873c1281cbdd78471af1.png