Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Hey! Dumb question maybe, but recently I decided to breed and hatch for alt vine dragons.

TROUBLE is that I am finding it MUCH harder to tell if I have alts on vines than, say, blacks or Undines.

HELP PLEASE! 

MK, thanks, @Ruby Eyes

Like as far as I can tell the differences at S1 are pretty minor.... just a difference in color, and a slight one at that?

How can you tell so easily? Is there something I am missing.

The yellow is more gold on the alts, but depending on your monitor it can be really hard to tell.

1 minute ago, purplehaze said:

The yellow is more gold on the alts, but depending on your monitor it can be really hard to tell.

Hmmm... so what I MAY need to do is raise them to stage two, then if I am unsure ( Whent he different colored flowers appear.

If you have them both unlocked, comparing with the Encyclopedia page may help. But yeah, it's also monitor quality - contrast and brightness, mostly.

Is there a way to change writing size on the mobile version? 

I wanted to change some colours and the letter size of my signature but I currently dont have access to a computer. 

Doesn't seem like it's possible, but maybe I'm just missing out on something..

10 minutes ago, AislinnSi said:

When do the eggs "flip over"  in the biomes? Is it only on the hour?

On the hour all un-claimed egg are destroyed (or possibly just hidden, I've never checked) and a large new batch is added in. Every five minutes a small new batch is added in at the 'front' where they can be seen, without getting rid of existing eggs.

This behaviour is most obvious early in a holiday drop when the biomes are often emptied and you can actually see that new eggs appear in a previously empty biome.

11 hours ago, nordana said:

Is there a way to change writing size on the mobile version? 

I wanted to change some colours and the letter size of my signature but I currently dont have access to a computer. 

Doesn't seem like it's possible, but maybe I'm just missing out on something..

I've yet to find this too. So far, I don't think it's a thing we can do :(

7 hours ago, FiveSix said:

On the hour all un-claimed egg are destroyed (or possibly just hidden, I've never checked) and a large new batch is added in. Every five minutes a small new batch is added in at the 'front' where they can be seen, without getting rid of existing eggs.

This behaviour is most obvious early in a holiday drop when the biomes are often emptied and you can actually see that new eggs appear in a previously empty biome.

Thank you for the answer! 😊

@nordana @RealWilliamShakespeare

For different font sizes, while on mobile:

[size=n]text[/size]

Instead of n, enter a number from 1 to 8. The regular font size appears to be somewhere between 3 and 4.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

[size=6]example[/size]

example

For colored text:

[color=color]text[/color]

Entering a hex code for a color is also possible.

[color=red]example 1[/color]

[color=#464ae1]example 2[/color]

example 1

example 2

Edited by Mewtie

If I wanted to make a cute little drawing of several DC Dragons and place it in my signature, would I have to PM all of the spriters to get permission to draw and display their dragons?

30 minutes ago, HopSketch said:

If I wanted to make a cute little drawing of several DC Dragons and place it in my signature, would I have to PM all of the spriters to get permission to draw and display their dragons?

Check here first, most of the artists (I think) have filled this out to show what they do and don't allow and if they require PMs first:

29 minutes ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

Will bolt prevent a hatchie from gendering?

Nope. 

If I breed a pair (Floret x Floral-Crowned in this case) where the other dragon is a Floret, will the pair always give a Floret egg of the same color? I'm trying to get a golden one from the pairing in the parentheses, but they gave a purple one instead, and now I'm wondering if there's a possibility that they'll produce a golden one eventually.

In theory, you should be able to get either, I think.

42 minutes ago, olympe said:

In theory, you should be able to get either, I think.

Thank you for the reply! I'll keep trying then. :)

What the heck is that gray border around my sig banner, and how do I get rid of it?  I didn't make it with one.

Images tend to get them these days. Annoying but...

3 hours ago, blackdragon71 said:

What the heck is that gray border around my sig banner, and how do I get rid of it?  I didn't make it with one.

Try to upload your pic to an external site (and use the IMG link from that site in your sig), and you won't have that border. (If you look at the various pics in fuzbbucket's signature and copy their URL, you'll find that the pics hosted on DCF have a border.)

Edited by olympe

Really ?

Off I go. Wait - can I be bothered ? XD

Edited by Fuzzbucket