Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

9 hours ago, TJ09 said:

As a heads up, at some point I'm likely to change the circle to a downwards arrow () to better match what the old forums looked like.

I've seen some people who didn't even think to look at the circle/stars, so that might be a nice touch.

8 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Shouldn't that be a scroll sprite then?

The scroll showed whether a topic was open, closed, had new replies, etc., but it wasn't the symbol you clicked on for new replies. ^^

Is there a way to find people by their OLD usernames? The new name change thing is annoying... e___e

And I'll ask again if anyone remembers the old map based dragons, or who made them / what happened to them.

On 7/16/2017 at 4:09 PM, dustpuppy said:

Would it be okay or would it be considered cheating (as in giving an advantage) to make a fan page or script that calculates the Dragon Cave moon phases/time of day etc. and displays what kind of egg of the time-based breeds is in season right now?

See my sig for something similar to what you are already looking for.  I didn't make it though.  At least one came from this topic:

3 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Is there a way to find people by their OLD usernames?

There is a thread for people who want to report their change: https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/179700-have-a-username-change-recently-report-it/

Google also can help, since its cache doesn't update instantly. If they posted, you may find that thread with google, along with possible a custom member title if they have one, which may help locate the post made by that person - with their new name on it.

5 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Is there a way to find people by their OLD usernames? The new name change thing is annoying... e___e

And I'll ask again if anyone remembers the old map based dragons, or who made them / what happened to them.

If you save profile links, they should auto-forward.

e.g. if you try to go to https://forums.dragcave.net/profile/1-nottj09/ it'll load my profile anyways, even though my username isn't "nottj09."

How do we use the copy/paste function in the signature?  I don't get the picture.

Edited by quinney

Can cb prizes from the monthly raffles be traded? I couldn't find the answer of the wiki.

1 minute ago, Niyaka said:

Can cb prizes from the monthly raffles be traded? I couldn't find the answer of the wiki.

Nope. Here's a screenshot TJ provided in the Raffle Discussion in SD when people asked what the screen looked like if you won:

winner.png

I am confused.

Someone just asked me if they bred an avatar of destruction with a soulpeace, it was possible to get an avatar of Creation. My gut reaction was - no. So I tried and got destruction.

But then I looked  it up and it says:

When you breed an Avatar x "normal" dragon  you will get:
Avatar egg of the same kind as its Avatar parent
Avatar egg which the Non-Avatar parent would produce
Egg of the same kind as its Non-Avatar parent

Does that really mean it's possible ? has anyone, ever ?

Edited by fuzzbucket

8 minutes ago, fuzzbucket said:

I am confused.

Someone just asked me if they bred an avatar of destruction with a soulpeace, it was possible to get an avatar of Creation. My gut reaction was - no. So I tried and got destruction.

But then I looked  it up and it says:

When you breed an Avatar x "normal" dragon  you will get:
Avatar egg of the same kind as its Avatar parent
Avatar egg which the Non-Avatar parent would produce
Egg of the same kind as its Non-Avatar parent

Does that really mean it's possible ? has anyone, ever ?

Soulpeaces have the elmental affinity of light, which would correspond to an AoCr, so I don't see why that shouldn't be possible.

It just never occurred to me that we could get different avatars without breeding two of them together. Thanks :) You are quite right - I actually just did it ! (it's in the AP if anyone wants it !)

Not sure if anyone knows this but....

If one releases a Guardian of Nature, does the summon option appear once again?

22 minutes ago, Ninetails said:

Not sure if anyone knows this but....

If one releases a Guardian of Nature, does the summon option appear once again?

AFAIK, yes if you release, no if you kill.

If I caught a Sunrise/set dragon egg at 12:06 AM cave time, can it hatch as a Sunset dragon?

1 minute ago, andromedae said:

If I caught a Sunrise/set dragon egg at 12:06 AM cave time, can it hatch as a Sunset dragon?

It's the time that it hatches that matters, so yes.

Hi, just, I can't see my dragons!! if I go to the link of my scroll I can, but when I go to the link https://dragcave.net/dragons   then it doesn't work!!!

It says "An error has occurred" rip

What's going on?? Be well, Monica

EDIT: I caught an egg in the abandoned and is working again, thanks

Edited by MonicaOP
New info

5 minutes ago, MonicaOP said:

Hi, just, I can't see my dragons!! if I go to the link of my scroll I can, but when I go to the link https://dragcave.net/dragons   then it doesn't work!!!

It says "An error has occurred" rip

What's going on?? Be well, Monica

I was going to make a thread about it, but it seemed to have cleared up with me. Perhaps you can now.

I was able to go to my scroll link just fine, but clicking onto the dragons link was broken for a while.

12 minutes ago, XDLugia said:

I was going to make a thread about it, but it seemed to have cleared up with me. Perhaps you can now.

I was able to go to my scroll link just fine, but clicking onto the dragons link was broken for a while.

Thanks XDLugia, yeah is better now with me as well, it cleared after I caught an egg from the abandoned page!! Thanks!! Be well

46 minutes ago, kreepers_killer said:

I made a post in the trading thread but I somehow need moderator's approval for it... any reason why?

We're trying requiring mod approval for certain DC links, which I believe flags if you just post plain DC links. It may end up being more work than it is useful (I just approved a trading post, a bingo post, and a breeding/lineages post), but with more versatility on this forum, we thought we'd look at some useful stuff.

On 20/07/2017 at 5:11 PM, quinney said:

How do we use the copy/paste function in the signature?  I don't get the picture.

Can anyone help me with this please?  What do I have to do to make the image show as it should?

Copy/paste just gives me a tiny blank box.

10 minutes ago, SockPuppet Strangler said:

which I believe flags if you just post plain DC links

I posted a DC link embedded in bbcode and got that approval thing. Is it all DC links or just view links?

31 minutes ago, quinney said:

Can anyone help me with this please?  What do I have to do to make the image show as it should?

Copy/paste just gives me a tiny blank box.

Copy the image's url/location, then you can use the old image code or the updated image code, which is open bracket, img=, the image url, and ending bracket.

26 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I posted a DC link embedded in bbcode and got that approval thing. Is it all DC links or just view links?

I think it must be flagging all DC links to creatures, view or lineage.

2 hours ago, SockPuppet Strangler said:

Copy the image's url/location, then you can use the old image code or the updated image code, which is open bracket, img=, the image url, and ending bracket.

Thank you for this.  Is there anywhere here to tell us how to to edit the signature?  I'm trying to do different things but getting nowhere.  Sorry I'm an editing luddite.