Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

4 hours ago, SheridanCharon said:

Okay, so this is most likely just me, but on the hour drop just before this post, I grabbed two of the blue new two heads, but only one is appearing on my scroll. It could just be me accidentally clicking the same egg I already grabbed, but I am almost certain they were different codes. Could it be a glitch or was it just me?

Could you go through your history for the urls/bring up the page again and double check what the code(s) was/were?

Can someone explain to me how the Delayed AR in AoND works? I want to try some neglected experiments but I leave for a 10 day vacation very soon. I read the instructions but I still don't get it.

Very small question, but I remember in DR there used to be a beautiful dragon with its wings based on the looks of old maps. Can anyone point me to it?

On 17/07/2017 at 4:41 PM, SockPuppet Strangler said:

Could you go through your history for the urls/bring up the page again and double check what the code(s) was/were?

Did so and the code is coming up as belonging to someone else though there is no scroll name, and I don't want to put the code in case it actually does belong to someone. I clicked one and I thought I'd got it, clicked another which came up as gone, then the third which I definitely got and is currently sitting on my scroll. Which is what is confusing me, because the one that is one my scroll is the one I caught last. I'm guessing that I might be remembering wrong or something.

Edited by SheridanCharon

Is there any way in this new forum to return to a thread at the first unread post? The old forum automatically did that if you clicked on the right hand side where it lists the latest response. Now when I click there I get taken to that most recent response. On slow-moving threads that isn't a problem, but threads like new release announcements can have pages of responses since I last checked. I don't like having to backtrack through it all to see everything I missed, and don't usually remember where I left off.

Huh. I remember the old one doing it exactly like the new one does: if you clicked on the right-hand side (on the thread's title) on the forum listing, not from the thread listing inside the subforum.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

5 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Very small question, but I remember in DR there used to be a beautiful dragon with its wings based on the looks of old maps. Can anyone point me to it?

I don't recall such a dragon personally. =x But RainStar put a lot of time and hard work into updating the progress list, so if it's still around, you should be able to find it there. ^^

29 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Is there any way in this new forum to return to a thread at the first unread post? The old forum automatically did that if you clicked on the right hand side where it lists the latest response. Now when I click there I get taken to that most recent response. On slow-moving threads that isn't a problem, but threads like new release announcements can have pages of responses since I last checked. I don't like having to backtrack through it all to see everything I missed, and don't usually remember where I left off.

On the left side, click the dark blue circle/star for a thread that denotes you haven't read the topic. It'll bring you to the first unread response. Should also bring you to the first unread post if you click on the thread title from the main page of the forum, where it lists just the most recently posted in topic.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

39 minutes ago, SockPuppet Strangler said:

On the left side, click the dark blue circle/star for a thread that denotes you haven't read the topic. It'll bring you to the first unread response. Should also bring you to the first unread post if you click on the thread title from the main page of the forum, where it lists just the most recently posted in topic.

Bless you, Sock! I never thought of clicking there.

1 hour ago, SockPuppet Strangler said:

I don't recall such a dragon personally. =x But RainStar put a lot of time and hard work into updating the progress list, so if it's still around, you should be able to find it there. ^^

Ugh, they're not there T___T really hope they just got moved to private concepts...

Does anyone else miss the breed names that used to appear on the dragon's page? I sure do and am wondering why it had to go?

4 minutes ago, Oddsoxdi said:

Does anyone else miss the breed names that used to appear on the dragon's page? I sure do and am wondering why it had to go?

Which dragon are you missing it on? Because I still see it on the dragons I checked ...

Is it on a dragon you don't have unlocked in the Encyclopedia yet?

Edited by Ruby Eyes

1 minute ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Which dragon are you missing it on? Because I still see it on the dragons I checked ...

Is it on a dragon you don't have unlocked in the Encyclopedia yet?

That's probably it. Thanks for the prompt response.

Hi! I was trying to get back involved with Dragcave again after a many-year absence. I didn't (don't?) have posting access anymore, so I made a post in the intro thread. I think maybe it wasn't approved and I'm not sure why. I hope I'm able to participate again. Thanks!

55 minutes ago, Ahavah said:

Hi! I was trying to get back involved with Dragcave again after a many-year absence. I didn't (don't?) have posting access anymore, so I made a post in the intro thread. I think maybe it wasn't approved and I'm not sure why. I hope I'm able to participate again. Thanks!

Since we require intros to weed out spammers (which means that no users in the New Members group can post until they get an approved intro), we don't allow intros from members whose accounts are already validated. Right now, intros functions to welcome users new to the forum, not as re-intros for returning members. ^^

That is stated in the Intros Guidelines sticky: https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/109427-introduction-guidelines/

You've posted here, though, so I'm not sure what the issue is? If you can post here, you should be able to post elsewhere... Are you perhaps trying to post a new topic in a section where that's disallowed?

It did work now. Maybe it was just because it was in the intro forum. Sorry for the confusion.

Hey there! I've done a quick search through this thread but haven't found a direct answer to my BBCode / image upload question. Sorry if I overlooked, but hopefully someone can point me in the right direction!

With the forum updates, I've attempted BBCode. I've gotten used to the buttons up top now. However, I'm still encountering consistent issues when trying to insert an image. I use the "Insert other media" dropdown, attempt to input the URL of the image, and click "Save". While the image shows up in my editing field, the submitted post doesn't show the image. (example: current post in question; attempting to include this image).

I've tried various methods (input code, add image as attachment, direct link, tried and true but now defunct BBCode, etc.) but hit a wall atm, lol! Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciate. Thanks! ^^

I had a fogged to death hatchie revive successfully and want to check if I could have grown it to adulthood and tried to zombie it again. I don't think I could have because I used its revive so I froze it.

Before I froze it though I tried to put it in the departures thread and the site said I couldn't teleport something I didn't own lol

1 hour ago, panthera1 said:

Hey there! I've done a quick search through this thread but haven't found a direct answer to my BBCode / image upload question. Sorry if I overlooked, but hopefully someone can point me in the right direction!

With the forum updates, I've attempted BBCode. I've gotten used to the buttons up top now. However, I'm still encountering consistent issues when trying to insert an image. I use the "Insert other media" dropdown, attempt to input the URL of the image, and click "Save". While the image shows up in my editing field, the submitted post doesn't show the image. (example: current post in question; attempting to include this image).

I've tried various methods (input code, add image as attachment, direct link, tried and true but now defunct BBCode, etc.) but hit a wall atm, lol! Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciate. Thanks! ^^

What BBCode are you trying? It should auto-format when you post, and the old image tags should auto-update to the new style (which is an open bracket followed by img= followed by the image url and finally a closing bracket). Make sure that you're posting it in the default forum font, not in the coded font your listings are posted in.

newdragonformsmallest.png

Works for me. Just make sure that when it auto-hyperlinks, you go in and remove the link. If it auto-hyperlinks, then the image will show up as a link instead of an image.

I am having the same issue when I copy'pasta images themselves, though - they show up in preview but delete themselves out of my actual post. =\

13 minutes ago, Mangrit said:

I had a fogged to death hatchie revive successfully and want to check if I could have grown it to adulthood and tried to zombie it again. I don't think I could have because I used its revive so I froze it.

Before I froze it though I tried to put it in the departures thread and the site said I couldn't teleport something I didn't own lol

Once you've used revive once, the option is again, so your inclination was correct.

Odd that it said you couldn't teleport it. Sounds like I might need to report it. Could I get the code for the dragon?

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

9 minutes ago, SockPuppet Strangler said:

Odd that it said you couldn't teleport it. Sounds like I might need to report it. Could I get the code for the dragon?

Oh it's CWe0k

I assumed it might be kind of normal, I feel like I've seen people say similar things before. It died quite a long time ago so maybe the dates were messing it up. I was just making it in a one way trade and tried twice + got the same error message so I decided to just freeze it.

13 hours ago, purplehaze said:

13 hours ago, SockPuppet Strangler said:

As a heads up, at some point I'm likely to change the circle to a downwards arrow () to better match what the old forums looked like.

1 hour ago, TJ09 said:

to better match what the old forums looked like

Shouldn't that be a scroll sprite then?

7 hours ago, SockPuppet Strangler said:

What BBCode are you trying? It should auto-format when you post, and the old image tags should auto-update to the new style (which is an open bracket followed by img= followed by the image url and finally a closing bracket). Make sure that you're posting it in the default forum font, not in the coded font your listings are posted in.

newdragonformsmallest.png

Works for me. Just make sure that when it auto-hyperlinks, you go in and remove the link. If it auto-hyperlinks, then the image will show up as a link instead of an image.

I am having the same issue when I copy'pasta images themselves, though - they show up in preview but delete themselves out of my actual post. =\

Aha, thanks so much - must have been the font that I was derping on! Thanks for helping troubleshoot, I appreciate it! ^^

Edited by panthera1

Does anyone know where the thread with in-cave art permissions went? I would like to make some patterns/fan art of some of the in-cave dragons, but I want to make sure that the artist(s) who made the sprites are okay with it.

5 minutes ago, w5aw5 said:

Does anyone know where the thread with in-cave art permissions went? I would like to make some patterns/fan art of some of the in-cave dragons, but I want to make sure that the artist(s) who made the sprites are okay with it.

It's right here. 🙂 Under the regular Suggestions forum, not DR or CS.