Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Of all the times I didn't glance at the member information, ahaha x'D

---

Is it usual for a Nhiostrife x Aeon pair to bear mostly Nhisostrife children? Or am I just very unlucky? My breeding plans have been set months back because of this and I was wondering if it was a thing that was bound to happen and something I should expect. :0

edit because typo whoops

Basically any pairing that pits something released in the last few years against an older breed is doomed to be a rough time. In your case Aeons are also semi uncommon while Nhios are common, which makes the odds even worse.

So, no, nothing unusual, unfortunately. If you'd like to join me in my GRAND CRUSADE to change this, you can pitch your support here: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=166130

Or, you know, just read all the horror stories and take comfort in not being alone tongue.gif I have two ember x spirit ward pairs who have yet to give an ember in a year of breeding...

Basically any pairing that pits something released in the last few years against an older breed is doomed to be a rough time.

But Aeons are newer than Nhios ...

Basically any pairing that pits something released in the last few years against an older breed is doomed to be a rough time. In your case Aeons are also semi uncommon while Nhios are common, which makes the odds even worse.

So, no, nothing unusual, unfortunately. If you'd like to join me in my GRAND CRUSADE to change this, you can pitch your support here: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=166130

Or, you know, just read all the horror stories and take comfort in not being alone tongue.gif I have two ember x spirit ward pairs who have yet to give an ember in a year of breeding...

Nghaaa. So I guess I'd been very lucky with my first few NhioxAeon pairs. Thank you!

But Aeons are newer than Nhios ...

Derppp omg I'm dumb X'D

Never mind then! Maybe just rarity issues or bad luck.

Where do the Sinii Krai sort? Because if it's between Silver and Skywing, like it says in the release thread mine are missing from my scroll. ohmy.gif

Why does scrolling on Forum sometimes not work? How do I fix it rolleyes.gif

Where do the Sinii Krai sort? Because if it's between Silver and Skywing, like it says in the release thread mine are missing from my scroll. ohmy.gif

They seem to hide between your Blue-Bandeds and Blusangs huh.gif Temp sort by breed packs them between Silvers and Skywings though.

They seem to hide between your Blue-Bandeds and Blusangs  huh.gif Temp sort by breed packs them between Silvers and Skywings though.

Thanks. I just checked, that's exactly where they are (between bluebands and blusangs). I didn't have a clue.

Edited by StormBirdRising

What happens when an egg hatches which in a trade? Does it use up my trade?

It's happened to me. I had to set up a new link for the hatchie.

What happens when an egg hatches which in a trade? Does it use up my trade?

Yes, your Magi goes on cooldown.

They seem to hide between your Blue-Bandeds and Blusangs huh.gif Temp sort by breed packs them between Silvers and Skywings though.

I wonder if being "blue edges" confused them in sort. o_O

They're not sure which language they're supposed to be speaking, LOL.

This sounds more like an issue on your computer's end. I'd need more detail to be able to help either way, though. ^^

Yes, your Magi goes on cooldown.

To add to the answers, if you cancel the teleport before the egg hatches, then the magi is immediately available to teleport again, and you can re-link the hatchling. ^^

It sometimes happens to me too. Opening the forum in a new tab worked for me. (I'm using Chrome.)

Pretty sure TJ's said ratios don't count anything older than a year, so technically any pair involving two breeds older than a year makes the release dates irrelevant. Only the ratios themselves should matter at that point.

Not that it matters for this case - Aeons are less than a year old - but in general.

I wonder if being "blue edges" confused them in sort. o_O

They're not sure which language they're supposed to be speaking, LOL.

StormBirdRising, what sort are you using? If it's legacy breed sort, they may internally be called "blue edge" or something like that. I'm still on legacy breed sort and that's where mine are. New breed sort doesn't rely on internal names but on the publicly shown names, so new breed sort should (theoretically) put the Siniis with the other S dragons.

Pretty sure TJ's said ratios don't count anything older than a year, so technically any pair involving two breeds older than a year makes the release dates irrelevant. Only the ratios themselves should matter at that point.

Not that it matters for this case - Aeons are less than a year old - but in general.

StormBirdRising, what sort are you using? If it's legacy breed sort, they may internally be called "blue edge" or something like that. I'm still on legacy breed sort and that's where mine are. New breed sort doesn't rely on internal names but on the publicly shown names, so new breed sort should (theoretically) put the Siniis with the other S dragons.

Despite what TJ's said, I've seen way too much evidence that new breeds stay stubborn long past the first year, even with relative rarity considered. See my ember x spirit ward example. And admittedly embers are a bit less common, but if you look at the thread I linked there are other cases even closer in rarity that are just as ridiculous.

So I just messed around with the email settings on forums, could someone just send me a random PM so I can make sure the PM to Email function is working correctly? Also, what happens when this is enabled?

Send me any updates sent by the board administrator

Enabling this option will add your email address to the administrators mail list and you will receive any updates sent.

Thanks!

So I just messed around with the email settings on forums, could someone just send me a random PM so I can make sure the PM to Email function is working correctly? Also, what happens when this is enabled?

Enabling this option will add your email address to the administrators mail list and you will receive any updates sent.

Thanks!

Just sent you a test PM. smile.gif

Also, what happens when this is enabled?

Thanks!

I've never gotten an email about updates from the forum, and I'm fairly certain I've had the option enabled since I signed up nearly a decade ago. So presumably, there's never been any kind of update TJ felt needed anything other than posting in the News thread. ^^

I've never gotten an email about updates from the forum, and I'm fairly certain I've had the option enabled since I signed up nearly a decade ago. So presumably, there's never been any kind of update TJ felt needed anything other than posting in the News thread. ^^

Ah really? Darn it. I was hoping it would be something like each time TJ posts in the News thread I would get an email. Is there a option like that?

Ah really? Darn it. I was hoping it would be something like each time TJ posts in the News thread I would get an email. Is there a option like that?

Usually, you could subscribe to a forum and get emails when a new topic is posted, but any News post of TJ's with an image requires some coding, so the topic is done elsewhere and basically imported into/moved to News, which doesn't give you a notification.

So basically, you just have to keep a good eye out on the forum or main page of the cave. ^^

I really wanted email notifications for news as well and I've had to settle for following the unofficial Tumblr blog instead. That only works if you actually use Tumblr of course. But I think you can get blog notifications from Tumblr, hmm.

So basically, you just have to keep a good eye out on the forum or main page of the cave. ^^

*sighs* Maybe I'll see if I can get an actual human to PM me whenever there is a News post...but I doubt anyone is willing. What is the Tumblr blog? I don't use Tumblr, so I don't really know.