Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

SO I don't know why but whatever TJ changed it messed up some names of my dragons... Why is that?!

"F O R  O T H E R S"

"G R O W I N G  D R A G S"

What is this " " ? :/ Now I have to go through all my 3,963 to see which names got changed or got randomly messed up for some reason mad.gif

*went through all pages 6 dragons got messed up ~

Edited by WoLfgIrLyS

Did you possibly have double spaces there? We come across the same issue in descriptions sometimes.

So this is gonna sound a lil censorkip.gif if I don't have context.

I was showing a friend some of the sketch for a dragon request and they asked if it would ever really get onto the site?

And I wanted to say "maybe one day" but I uh. Realized I wasn't sure.

Are there dragons from the completed sub-forum that actually made it into the cave? :?

I haven't been around the dragon request sub-forum long enough to know.

I... completely ignored your PM, didn't I? I knew I still had some to reply to. >_e

Anyway, to add to the lists already posted: BBWs, teimarrs, flamingos, sunsongs, royal crimsons, fevers, anagallis, falconiform, brute, gwyvern, harvest, speckle-throat, trihorn, tsunami, turpentine, black tips, glories, hellfires, ridgewings, nocturnes, nebulas, electric...

Did you possibly have double spaces there? We come across the same issue in descriptions sometimes.

Yes in those 2 cases but I also found some where I didn't have a double space...

If that is the problem which punctuation can I use instead of a blank space that works in the naming?

○ . - _ Do any of these work or something else that isn't letters/numbers?

Yes in those 2 cases but I also found some where I didn't have a double space...

If that is the problem which punctuation can I use instead of a blank space that works in the naming?

○ . - _ Do any of these work or something else that isn't letters/numbers?

I just came here to report the same thing - I ALWAYS use double spaces in my names to separate the generation/lineage marker from the 'real' name, so you can imagine what my scroll looks like.

But it only shows up whe I look at my scroll - not on the view page, not for others looking at my scroll... I'm pretty sure it will just go away, so don't worry to much Wolfgirlys

Edited by herk

Your scroll looks fine to me, herk.

I am using the old Blackout skin.

If I get over 500 dragons, and then release dragons so I end up with less than 500, what is then my final egg limit?

I just came here to report the same thing - I ALWAYS use double spaces in my names to separate the generation/lineage marker from the 'real' name, so you can imagine what my scroll looks like.

But it only shows up whe I look at my scroll - not on the view page, not for others looking at my scroll... I'm pretty sure it will just go away, so don't worry to much Wolfgirlys

Mine, too!

user posted image

*wills it to go away*

If I get over 500 dragons, and then release dragons so I end up with less than 500, what is then my final egg limit?

You lose your Gold trophy and fll back to Silver so 6/18

Your scroll looks fine to me, herk.

I know Tigerkralle - it's ONLY when I view my scroll as MYSELF rather than the /user/herk link wink.gif

Edited by herk

Same here. It's aggravating and I hope it gets fixed soon cause its annoying not being able to edit them out... Some of my dragons have it in their names twice...lovely...

Edited by braviary123

For the   thing, I found one with that today, went in to edit the name and it did indeed have two spaces there. Took out the extra space and the aberrant code went away.

My suggestion would be to try. Take out BOTH spaces (so it's all one word) then add a space again. If some weird code thing is causing them, that might clear it. If not, then backspace so that the last letter of the previous word is deleted, then type that letter and a space.

I've found that method works very well in most computer applications when there's some weird invisible code thing (that's a technical term!) causing issues.

My little question: I've been gone a long, long time, just came back. I'm using the transfer/trade option and currently I have an offer waiting to be accepted/rejected.

Just wondering what happens in each instance? Will the transfer just vanish if rejected? If accepted will I just suddenly be missing some eggs/hatchlings and have a new one?

For the   thing, I found one with that today, went in to edit the name and it did indeed have two spaces there. Took out the extra space and the aberrant code went away.

My suggestion would be to try. Take out BOTH spaces (so it's all one word) then add a space again. If some weird code thing is causing them, that might clear it. If not, then backspace so that the last letter of the previous word is deleted, then type that letter and a space.

I've found that method works very well in most computer applications when there's some weird invisible code thing (that's a technical term!) causing issues.

As lovely as that sounds I have over 6000 dragons and about 95% (or so) of them have a double space I WANT there. I WON'T be doing that manually to all of them wink.gif

My little question: I've been gone a long, long time, just came back. I'm using the transfer/trade option and currently I have an offer waiting to be accepted/rejected.

Just wondering what happens in each instance? Will the transfer just vanish if rejected? If accepted will I just suddenly be missing some eggs/hatchlings and have a new one?

Accept - your egg/atchie is switched out for the offered ones (as long as BOTH OF YOU have eough space otherwise you get an error message)

Decline - taht offer poofs and you can't see it anymore, the transfer itself stays open

As lovely as that sounds I have over 6000 dragons and about 95% (or so) of them have a double space I WANT there. I WON'T be doing that manually to all of them wink.gif

ALSO - several of mine have a double space because the name I wanted so much was taken, and a double space let me have it anyway - so I couldn't do what was suggested here !

If it is your offer on someone else's trade there are three things that can actually happen.

1. If the person accepts your offer you will suddenly find your egg/hatchling switched out for the one you were offering on.

2. If the person declines your offer nothing will happen on your scroll, but the offer will disappear from your list of active transfers.

3. If the person accepts someone else's offer without declining yours nothing happens on your scroll and the offer still shows on your list of active transfers until you actually click on the transfer link.

Seconded. It's affecting a good portion of my scroll. I usually use a double space after a name and its lineage marker, like "CB, 2G, 3GE".

Or like you I use it when I really want to use an in use already name.

So right now I'd have to go in and rename 90% of my scroll, just from the lineage marker ones alone. At almost 1900 dragons... ohmy.gifsad.gif

I'm working on a lineage project with song lyrics and some of my dragons' names need those extra spaces as that particular phrase was already taken. Although so long as the lineage view remains unaffected I can't complain too much

Edited by Chaos Rider

If you release enough dragons that you go under 500, then you will go back to a silver trophy and have the limits of a silver trophy. If you have more eggs/hatchies than that at the time, they will not be kicked off your scroll. You'll just be extra locked for a while.

{Snip}

Can this maybe be centered a little more? It's a fair bit wider (and left-er) than it was before tonight's layout tweaks.

Posting to say thanks for centering things~ Sadly, it seems to be justifying left again, though. :c

Edit: Visual for reference -- earlier vs. just now:

user posted image

Edited by 11th

I had the   thing yesterday, but it seems to be fine today without me having done anything. Now I have this, though...

Breed

Snowblind Aurea cannot breed because it has bred recently. Please wait $days_until_breeding days.

Why is that?

I had the   thing yesterday, but it seems to be fine today without me having done anything. Now I have this, though...

Breed

Snowblind Aurea cannot breed because it has bred recently. Please wait $days_until_breeding days.

Why is that?

Also happening to me

user posted image