Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

when did the account page change?

I keep clicking change sort order when trying to check my active transfers today, have those two switched sides or is something else different

when did the account page change?

I keep clicking change sort order when trying to check my active transfers today, have those two switched sides or is something else different

Yeah it changed, about a week ago? I too kept clicking on Dragon Encyclopedia. rolleyes.gif

Did "breed" sorting change lately?

I haven't changed it in a long while but I wanted to see how my scroll would look if I sorted it by color, but when I put it back to breed sorting, the holidays now seem to appear to be in their respective breed names instead of being clumped by holiday. =/

It changed last August:

Breed Sort The "Breed" sorting option has been changed to use the breed's actual name (i.e. the one you can see in the encyclopedia) instead of the internal breed names. This change does not affect people who are currently using breed sort (if you had breed sort active before this change, your sorting choice will now appear as "Legacy Breed Name." If you change your sorting preferences away from "Legacy Breed Name," you will not be able to reselect it).

See full post here: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=9272694

For Alternative Custom Sort you must move each dragon manually into its position.

Why can't two dragons have the same name? I wanted to name all of my dragons but a lot of the names I want to use are taken.

You can try adding a surname to your dragons, or use multiple spaces within the name.

Not that you can't ask here, but you can also ask this over in Lineage Terminology. ^^

I don't know that I've seen a term for it, but maybe something like a Copy/Copied Line/Checker, Doubled Line/Checker, Doublet, or Inverse Mirror (maybe confusing, lol)?

I thought that thread had disappeared. It's under Breeding, not Help. Shucks.

Those are all catchy and much shorter than "lineage where the parents' lineages match". biggrin.gif Maybe "doublet" or "doubled line".

Can we still earn the Magikarp badge? I've been using the splash BSA almost every single day since last fall and still no badge :/

;_;" I figured it would be per dragon. Alternate custom sorting looked messy to me, though.

Is it really supposed to /not/ put your dragons in order by the time they grew? I had "breed" selected prior to organizing the tiles, but instead of listing them by date (aka first dragon of that breed at the first and last on the last), mine seems to be scattered. Is alternate custom sorting supposed to behave like this or am i missing something?

Yes, custom and alt custom sort will leave newer, unsorted dragons at the top of your scroll by age. Every time you change your custom sort it will start to place new growing things at the top again, even if you had other unsorted dragons.

One notable quirk: It starts placing new dragons in the second slot, not the first, so the first thing on your scroll will stay there. Some people use this for their Leetle Tree and I use it for a Chicken, but I think anything will work.

I usually don't edit my custom sort often to avoid messing up the age sort on my dragons. When I do change it, I (usually) move any unsorted dragons to the end of my scroll to be organized later, that way anything I pick up after saving doesn't get mixed in with them. Custom sort is the kind of thing that you either need to constantly edit or only edit once every so often, depending on how you set things up.

Edited by 11th

If a CB or "clean" egg were to be bitten by an inbred vampire would that egg now be considered inbred?

Nope he bitter is not considered when looking at vamp's lineages (except for sometimes if the bier is an ORIGINAL vamp from the Halloween cave release)

Can we still earn the Magikarp badge? I've been using the splash BSA almost every single day since last fall and still no badge :/

I got one this year(about two, three months ago I think?) so I think it still works! You can breed more Shallow Waters and use the splash BSA multiple times a day to speed up the process, if you haven't done it yet.

Been a bit since I've actually named anything or used the renaming feature but can dragons have the same name as others now or is it only once per dragon still?

Edited by demonicvampiregirl

Been a bit since I've actually named anything or used the renaming feature but can dragons have the same name as others now or is it only once per dragon still?

Still totally unique, one per name - and long may it remain so biggrin.gif

Still totally unique, one per name - and long may it remain so biggrin.gif

Ah, alright. That kind of sucks in a way but I know it's always been like that. I just wanted to know in case it changed while I wasn't paying attention. xd.png

There has been talk of name stealing from inactive scrolls, but it hasn't come to pass yet.

I think it's just you - I can pick up just fine....

About the upcoming Completed Requests changes:

I assume that the threads currently in DR that are nearing completion won't be moved until after the clear?

Some of my eggs in certain hatcheries are getting almost no views, while others are getting sick almost instantly. Is anyone else having the same problem?

Edited by DoodleNoodle14

Have you any in EATW ? I am told that those can get put in sigs in high-traffic forums...

EATW is protecting very young egg, put when you incubate a 7 day eggs this protection could be gone...

---------------------

Anybody else took a look at the presents from Holiday 2014 and lots of images are missing? The cute cat on top of the presents or the background of the greeting thingies. sad.gif

Anybody else took a look at the presents from Holiday 2014 and lots of images are missing? The cute cat on top of the presents or the background of the greeting thingies. sad.gif

Probably just one of those ad-block things.

Nope, deactivated my adblocker on that page... So am i the only one with that problem?

Nope, deactivated my adblocker on that page... So am i the only one with that problem?

No, the tags are missing, and I'm fairly sure I had at least one cat box.