Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

*sighs* Maybe I'll see if I can get an actual human to PM me whenever there is a News post...but I doubt anyone is willing. What is the Tumblr blog? I don't use Tumblr, so I don't really know.

It's actually linked in my sig, as I help run it. =p

http://undragcave.tumblr.com

You can see the official social media sites on the help page, if you do facebook or twitter: https://dragcave.net/help

Here's how to get notifications for a certain blog on mobile: https://support.tumblr.com/post/12365919665...rite-blogs-okay

I don't know about getting emails any time a certain blog posts. I'm not sure that's possible even with xkit. I looked in my settings, but haven't looked around xkit, and didn't see anything for this.

Basically, you're going to have to be some degree of active on some site (DC, DCF, facebook, twitter, tumblr) to catch events as close to as soon as they happen. =x

If you offered to pay someone well with whatever type of eggs to PM you whenever there's a news thread, you might get a bite. =p

It's actually linked in my sig, as I help run it. =p

http://undragcave.tumblr.com

You can see the official social media sites on the help page, if you do facebook or twitter: https://dragcave.net/help

Here's how to get notifications for a certain blog on mobile: https://support.tumblr.com/post/12365919665...rite-blogs-okay

I don't know about getting emails any time a certain blog posts. I'm not sure that's possible even with xkit. I looked in my settings, but haven't looked around xkit, and didn't see anything for this.

Basically, you're going to have to be some degree of active on some site (DC, DCF, facebook, twitter, tumblr) to catch events as close to as soon as they happen. =x

If you offered to pay someone well with whatever type of eggs to PM you whenever there's a news thread, you might get a bite. =p

If you have mobile tumblr, a notification immediately pops up on your phone. If you're on the desktop site, a notification pops up on the side of your main dashboard. Tumblr usually sends weekly email updates if you have the settings enabled.

But I already sent pollyfirstfirst a PM about sending a message whenever there's a news post on DC. :3

According to the wiki "Undead dragons used to only be visible on scrolls between 12AM and 6AM DC time (EST), but now are always visible in the form of a tombstone, taking on their Undead sprite during the hours where they would previously only appear."

Right now (7:10 AM DC-time) I can see the tombstone of my zombie on the /dragons page, but not on the /user/Saikachan page. Is this the way it's supposed to be or is it a glitch? (For those of you who want to look, it's https://dragcave.net/view/u4nQh, among my mints, legacy breed sort)

According to the wiki "Undead dragons used to only be visible on scrolls between 12AM and 6AM DC time (EST), but now are always visible in the form of a tombstone, taking on their Undead sprite during the hours where they would previously only appear."

Right now (7:10 AM DC-time) I can see the tombstone of my zombie on the /dragons page, but not on the /user/Saikachan page. Is this the way it's supposed to be or is it a glitch? (For those of you who want to look, it's https://dragcave.net/view/u4nQh, among my mints, legacy breed sort)

I can see the Undead that you linked directly but no tombstone.

So we really should not be able to see tombstones on the scroll pages? And yes i also cannot see my own Undeads now when the Undeads are hidden.

May 21! smile.gif Dragcave was created in 2006.

As of this year, we are 11 years old! ohmy.gif

Oh no, I can't find mine on my scroll either. I hope it's a glitch, I'd hate if that's how it's supposed to be now.

Zombies also used to have a habit of wandering around one's scroll, so maybe that's what happened to yours - it's simply on a different page. xd.png

Sorry I can't check on my own scroll, as I don't have any zombies there.

May 21! smile.gif Dragcave was created in 2006.

As of this year, we are 11 years old! ohmy.gif

Well, I happen to know a woman who'll turn 102 that very day...

Edited by olympe

I feel like maybe they were always visible to YOU, but not always visible to others. I'd have to go look up TJ's original wording to see if this is a glitch, though. =o

My endless curiosity has gotten to me again guys. Sorry.

Where's Playdoh's lil in-cave spriter palette? Will they get one eventually?

My endless curiosity has gotten to me again guys. Sorry.

Where's Playdoh's lil in-cave spriter palette? Will they get one eventually?

Yes, they'll get it eventually. It's not an automatic process. TJ has to add it, and messing around with forum stuff can be time consuming.

Ok I think the situation with the zombies is the tombstones are only visible on the /dragons page (and their /view page) during the day, but at night when they're actual zombies they're visible on your scroll to everyone.

I think that's the way it's supposed to be and there isn't an issue- but knowing I saw people's zombies on their scroll a few days ago and then not being able to find the tombstones in the day really threw me off, as if something had changed tongue.gif it's probably always been this way?

I wish we could show off our tombstones though, I had planned all the biome tombstones so that they would look nice on my scroll when I had all the zombies but looks like no one will see them!

Zombies also used to have a habit of wandering around one's scroll, so maybe that's what happened to yours - it's simply on a different page. xd.png

Sorry I can't check on my own scroll, as I don't have any zombies there.

Zombies do NOT wander anymore. They did so before due to being invisible during the day, even to the owner, so if you added new dragons they would be shifted around.

Zombies show as tombstones during the day for the scroll owner, others can only see zombies at night. On the 31st of October (Halloween) Zombies are visible all day to all, and on the 31st of every other month everyone can see the tombstones* during the day.

*the last I checked, they may be visible as zombies now.

If you had a zombie visible at 7am it was either a. glitch that has been fixed or b. your board setting are off because of daylight savings time.

I tried to look for an answer but could not find one.

On some dragons that I click on my own scroll, the breed is showing on the right column of the page (below gender) and the breed name is a link that directs me to the specific dragon's Encyclopedia page. Some dragons don't show a breed at all, even though the breed exists and can be clicked through the Encyclopedia page itself. Why is that, and can I do something to fix it?

On some dragons that I click on my own scroll, the breed is showing on the right column of the page (below gender) and the breed name is a link that directs me to the specific dragon's Encyclopedia page. Some dragons don't show a breed at all, even though the breed exists and can be clicked through the Encyclopedia page itself. Why is that, and can I do something to fix it?

Many still aren't added, but those that are need to be unlocked in the Encyclopedia to show on the view page smile.gif

You unlock them with viewing many dragons of that breed ~ said that feel free to click through mine or even bigger scrolls ☻

If you've unlocked the breed in the Encyclopedia then there should be a link to it on the dragon's page. I think specifically the image has to be unlocked in the entry for the stage of the dragon that you're looking at (i.e. if you're looking at a hatchling, it won't have the link unless the hatchling image is unlocked).

But I think there have been some cases before of breeds being unlocked but not having the Encyclopedia link - Gemshards come to mind, can't think of any others right now.

Is it possible to delete a forum thread?

Only Moderators can. You could try PMing one.

Umm... This may sound silly but are we allowed to have some easter eggs from the festival of eggs on our sig? Do we need to ask for the artist's permission or something? xd.png

Anyone else getting a "HTTP 500 Internal Server Error" when trying to access DC? It's odd that I can't get to DC itself, but as I'm clicking things on DDF the frames are showing DC just fine...

''Users viewing this page: 0''

But someone was taking eggs? o.O

Thought I was the only one in there but refreshing showed someone was taking a bunch.

''Users viewing this page: 0''

But someone was taking eggs? o.O

Thought I was the only one in there but refreshing showed someone was taking a bunch.

The number of viewers is not a real-time number. I can't remember how often it updates, but it does not change with each person who comes or goes.