Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

If you add an egg to a hatchery and then abandon it, does it stay in that hatchery? I'm thinking of abandoning some reds and adding them to a hatchery beforehand so it is easier to hatch them for the next owner.

If you add an egg to a hatchery and then abandon it, does it stay in that hatchery? I'm thinking of abandoning some reds and adding them to a hatchery beforehand so it is easier to hatch them for the next owner.

I think it does. Although updating your scroll in a hatchery might remove it?

Getting 500 internal server error after trying to alternate custom sort SAVE my dragons. Can get there just fine but after hitting save get the error. Any solutions- on chrome.

Anyone else having trouble adding dragons in click sites?

I'm getting errors and no connection to Dragon Cave on Silvi's Lair, DragHatch and hatching.club ... dry.gif

I'm getting errors and no connection to Dragon Cave on Silvi's Lair, DragHatch and hatching.club ... dry.gif

Silvi's Lair and DragHatch are working for me but are very laggy

Hatching Club doesn't work for me tough

Fansite section: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showforum=20

Silvi's, DragHatch, and dragon dump

Since it's happening with so many fansites, there must be a common thread in some connection issue somewhere. It's been continuing for a few hours, so I suppose it is time to contact TJ about it.

I think your impulse comes from a good place, but lots of us prefer to not have aid from others (that's why there's an option to mark your scroll as not accepting aid). Adding eggs to hatcheries before abandoning them is basically doing that. The people who pick them up won't know what hatcheries they're already in, so they won't have full control over their eggs.

Granted this is a risk we take in picking up eggs from the AP, and it almost never presents a problem, but it's something to consider when abandoning eggs.

Fogging doesn't always remove eggs from hatcheries, either. I can't remember which hatcheries keep them. unsure.gif

Fansite section: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showforum=20

Silvi's, DragHatch, and dragon dump

Since it's happening with so many fansites, there must be a common thread in some connection issue somewhere. It's been continuing for a few hours, so I suppose it is time to contact TJ about it.

Add Daily Dragon Fix to the list - I can add individual codes, but I can't add my whole scroll at once.

This page isn’t working

leviathan.thorngale.net is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

Add Daily Dragon Fix to the list - I can add individual codes, but I can't add my whole scroll at once.

(My links were to posts in those threads where the same issue was reported.)

How often do the Thuwed breeding lists open? And what does the page look like when they do, can you request an egg from a specific pairing, or do you get put onto a random list?

Just curious, I've been lurking around DC for about 7 years now and never seen the breeding list open tongue.gif

The Thuwed list doesn't open anymore, I'm afraid. Quote 'cause I'm too tired to write a proper answer (sorry!):

IIRC, it hasn't opened since around mid-2015. It used to be every few months, but it stopped when there was a glitch with the list system that meant users were able to sign up for multiple eggs at once. I think TJ kept breeding them in order to fulfil all remaining requests, just didn't open the list to any new ones.

To answer the rest of your question, I'm not sure it matters if it's not even available anymore, but there were different options you could choose: either an egg of a particular breed, or from a particular pair, or I think just random.

I logged on today - I use St Pat's skin - and all the fonts in the body of the page - dragon names etc have shrunk and changed to a different and smaller font.

It's ONLY the cave pages, so it isn't my browser - all other site I visit - including the forum - look just as they usually do. It isn't the zoom - the actual font has changed to another serif font. If I zoom in everything gets ridiculously large....

It seems to be something set in the CSS.Has anyone else noticed a change like this ?

ETA sorry - a hard refresh (my third) has cleared it, whatever it was...)

And to Seahorse - I did once get on the Thuwed list and the options were a random egg or a specific breed. (as each pair is "mated for life", picking a pair wasn't needed, I think.)

Edited by fuzzbucket

And to Seahorse - I did once get on the Thuwed list and the options were a random egg or a specific breed. (as each pair is "mated for life", picking a pair wasn't needed, I think.)

Picking a pair was also an option (but yes, it was from TJ's chosen pairs; you couldn't mix and match), in which case you could get any of the eggs possible from that pair.

So say you picked the blue copper x hellhorse pair, but someone signed up right before you for a blue copper. If, the next time TJ bred, a hellhorse was produced, even though were technically second on that list for that "pair", you would get a hellhorse that week, because the person ahead of you wanted a copper.

Whereas, if you picked, say, an ember egg, since the male and female embers both have chosen mates, you could have received an ember from a female hellfire or from a male marrow, depending on which produced first and where you were on the list, but you wouldn't know which pair the ember was from until it was on your scroll.

All of the options were OR, meaning you couldn't sign up two ways at once. It was random OR specific breed OR specific pair.

(I probably simplified how the list worked here, but yeah.)

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Picking a pair was also an option (but yes, it was from TJ's chosen pairs; you couldn't mix and match), in which case you could get any of the eggs possible from that pair.

So say you picked the blue copper x hellhorse pair, but someone signed up right before you for a blue copper. If, the next time TJ bred, a hellhorse was produced, even though were technically second on that list for that "pair", you would get a hellhorse that week, because the person ahead of you wanted a copper.

Whereas, if you picked, say, an ember egg, since the male and female embers both have chosen mates, you could have received an ember from a female hellfire or from a male marrow, depending on which produced first and where you were on the list, but you wouldn't know which pair the ember was from until it was on your scroll.

All of the options were OR, meaning you couldn't sign up two ways at once. It was random OR specific breed OR specific pair.

(I probably simplified how the list worked here, but yeah.)

Oops yes; spot on. I can get that - checkers and so on biggrin.gif

OK, the font thing I posted about a few posts back is back - but now only affects dragon names and headers - like the headers on active transfers page. Anything BOLD on such pages in fact. It's a small thing, I know - but I'd like to know WHY, and if I'm alone !

OK, the font thing I posted about a few posts back is back - but now only affects dragon names and headers - like the headers on active transfers page. Anything BOLD on such pages in fact. It's a small thing, I know - but I'd like to know WHY, and if I'm alone !

=o Apparently I missed whatever you posted. Could you possibly explain again? ^^;;

=o Apparently I missed whatever you posted. Could you possibly explain again? ^^;;

OK - reposting:

I logged on today - I use St Pat's skin - and all the fonts in the body of the page - dragon names etc have shrunk and changed to a different and smaller font.

It's ONLY the cave pages, so it isn't my browser - all other site I visit - including the forum - look just as they usually do. It isn't the zoom - the actual font has changed to another serif font. If I zoom in everything gets ridiculously large....

It seems to be something set in the CSS.Has anyone else noticed a change like this ?

Since then it has PARTLY settled and now seems only to be bold text at the tops of columns and the names of dragons on the BSA pages (list of those up for teleport, the numbers of the trades I have up there and so on. Look at the numbers of trades in particular, and the dragons listed never used to be bolded. They used to match the text saying "the following dragons..."

user posted image

I suspect this is peculiar to this skin, actually.... I asked a friend to check and when he switched to St Pat's he got the same thing.

I use Saint Pat's and my fonts look normal as usual. I'm using Chrome.

Edit: Sometimes the font changes for the text box when I am naming dragons, but everything is fine right now.

Edited by Jazeki

In default it's normal that those things are in bold. How skins work is a mystery to me, but is it possible that a feature of default could be accidentally appearing in St Pat's?

user posted image

But look at the NUMBERS of my trades - very strange. And the font of the names in bold isn't the same as the fonts of the sentence about it all....

The numbers in default are bolded too, though the image doesn't show it very well since it's small and the numbers are a lighter colour anyway. Compared to the teleport links, though, it's definitely bold. Either way, I do agree that the font change is both strange and clearly unrelated to the default.

If I release one of my 3 GoNs, will I get the summon BSA back?