Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Exactly. Anyone with a space !

Looks like a rat? I think a new release item was accidentally added too early to the Encyclopedia.

Looks like a rat? I think a new release item was accidentally added too early to the Encyclopedia.

Oooh, new release happening soon?

So I have a very important egg for an IOU. When I got it, it had 96 views. It has now reached 102 after I unfogged it for only a few minutes. Is it being view bombed or is the egg perhaps on just one click site the previous owner put it on? Basically, is this normal activity? I didn't put it on anything.

Edited by pollyfirstfirst

So I have a very important egg for an IOU. When I got it, it had 96 views. It has now reached 102 after I unfogged it for only a few minutes. Is it being view bombed or is the egg perhaps on just one click site the previous owner put it on? Basically, is this normal activity? I didn't put it on anything.

It's really hard to tell after just a few minutes. It could be normal. Most sites remove fogged eggs, but not all of them do and for some of them it takes time for them to be removed. If you are able to watch it closely you can leave it unfogged, but I would hide it if you aren't sure and can't watch it.

Edited by purplehaze

Why all my Shimmers get sick when they hatch? I only use one hatchery that's not very popular and I checked and the eggs aren't viewbombed. The Tinsels don't get sick but the Shimmers do!

I swear Terrae dragons were in the Encyclopedia and now they're gone?! unsure.gif

I also noticed that fogged dragon ~ xd.png maybe it will be a new release happening this weekend xd.png

*it wasn't showing in "view" links, but it got fixed back smile.gif

Edited by WoLfgIrLyS

I swear Terrae dragons were in the Encyclopedia and now they're gone?! unsure.gif

I also noticed that fogged dragon ~ xd.png maybe it will be a new release happening this weekend xd.png

Terrae dragons are too still in the 'pedia:

https://dragcave.net/dragonopedia/111

And yea that new dragon is interesting! If its really a dragon..... I'm voting.... Rat Pygmy! Though it might be a drake..... tongue.gif

Cheers!

C4.

Why all my Shimmers get sick when they hatch? I only use one hatchery that's not very popular and I checked and the eggs aren't viewbombed. The Tinsels don't get sick but the Shimmers do!

I think the rarer the species is, the easier it is to get sick -- I've forgotten if my shimmers were more stingy than tinsels (though tinsels and shimmers were closer in rarity back then), but it definitely happened to my GoN. Tinsels are more common than shimmers, hence shimmers being more fragile.

Edited by MisaTange

Is there any way to tell when a user was last active other than their last post date?

Not that I know of. You might be able to tell if they are still playing the game by looking at their scroll, if you know their scroll name.

Be aware, though, that their last post date may not be accurate if they have a lot of posts. Mine, for instance, will often show no posts for weeks even though I post multiple times every day. When I look up "all posts" for myself right now it is showing my last post on Feb. 26, which is closer than it sometimes gets it! rolleyes.gif

*Squel!* Just summoned my first Guardian of Nature...after several months of trying. It's hidden, but what should I influence it? I don't need it for any specific lineage projects, so what should I influence it?...or just let it gender on it's own.

*Squel!* Just summoned my first Guardian of Nature...after several months of trying. It's hidden, but what should I influence it? I don't need it for any specific lineage projects, so what should I influence it?...or just let it gender on it's own.

Up to you! Unless you have a specific dragon you wish to breed it with.

Congrats!

^^Thanks...I think I might just infleunce it female. I dunno why. now just to summon two more ...

Question about breeding:

As far as refusals go, are pairs only in danger of refusal if it's the first time the two dragons are bred, or is there a danger of refusal every time I breed the pair?

Question about breeding:

As far as refusals go, are pairs only in danger of refusal if it's the first time the two dragons are bred, or is there a danger of refusal every time I breed the pair?

The first time only, unless you are breeding a holiday dragon and the first time it bred with a mate was during its holiday season.

Question about breeding:

Only the first time--unless it's a holiday pairing. Refusals are turned off during the holidays for specific holiday breeds. You'll know when it says something along the lines of "these dragons refuse to go near each other." Using a purple can help prevent a refusal for a first-time pairing.

So I have quite a valuable IOU egg on my scroll. There is no chance I can get another one. I owe this egg to a user, but they seem to be inactive. At first I gave them 3 days to reply to my PM to get the link, but I decided that as long as the IOU was growing up on my scroll they could claim it anytime. I know if I were in their place I would be quite devastated. As soon as it grows up (on my scroll) I will consider my IOU fulfilled. I did not directly PM them with a link, but told them to PM me back for the link as the egg is hidden and quite valuable. Now, I need some opinions. Am I doing the right thing? Should I ER the dragon? Any helpful advice would be appreciated.

So I have quite a valuable IOU egg on my scroll. There is no chance I can get another one. I owe this egg to a user, but they seem to be inactive. At first I gave them 3 days to reply to my PM to get the link, but I decided that as long as the IOU was growing up on my scroll they could claim it anytime. I know if I were in their place I would be quite devastated. As soon as it grows up (on my scroll) I will consider my IOU fulfilled. I did not directly PM them with a link, but told them to PM me back for the link as the egg is hidden and quite valuable. Now, I need some opinions. Am I doing the right thing? Should I ER the dragon? Any helpful advice would be appreciated.

I would ER it and then let them know that you have hatched it on their behalf and give them a day or so to reply since they seem to be reading your PMs. Either way, I would still say that at this point, you can consider your iou filled and you are now going above and beyond. I would also suggest that you take a moment to consider revising your own trade policy so this doesn't happen again. Hope this helps!

I would ER it and then let them know that you have hatched it on their behalf and give them a day or so to reply since they seem to be reading your PMs. Either way, I would still say that at this point, you can consider your iou filled and you are now going above and beyond. I would also suggest that you take a moment to consider revising your own trade policy so this doesn't happen again. Hope this helps!

No, I used message tracker and they have not replied. I just don't want to deprive them of such a beautiful egg. It is quite a lovely dragon, and if I were in there shoes I would be incredibly irked. Typically I give users a 1-3 day time period to pick up or reply to my PMs, but I consider this a special case. Nonetheless, when the dragon grows up I will consider my IOU fulfilled. Thanks! ... I hate fulfilling IOUs to inactive members...but it's a G2 Tinsel. What can I do?

No, I used message tracker and they have not replied. I just don't want to deprive them of such a beautiful egg. It is quite a lovely dragon, and if I were in there shoes I would be incredibly irked. Typically I give users a 1-3 day time period to pick up or reply to my PMs, but I consider this a special case. Nonetheless, when the dragon grows up I will consider my IOU fulfilled. Thanks! ... I hate fulfilling IOUs to inactive members...but it's a G2 Tinsel. What can I do?

Maybe try emailing?

And I hear you with hard to replace dragons. I've had that happen with holidays.

Maybe try emailing?

And I hear you with hard to replace dragons. I've had that happen with holidays.

Email is private...eh. I just added a dragon of theirs to a fansite (hope that's okay, it's at one hour and they seem to be inactive. Several dead eggs already)

If by any chance it's predatorfan, they are inactive just now due to a family disaster. If it is, in your place I'd influence it, hatch it and stun it... to give the BEST chance

Does the tracker show they have READ the PMs ?