Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

So odd question, I thought that Xenowyrm dragons would have offspring that were the same type as their parent (unless its 2 different Xenowyrm parents), but that seems to no longer be the case?

dragon

Dont get me wrong Im very happy with this dragon, but I wanted to know if this was a bug or the way it would be going forward so I could factor that into some of my breeding plans.

Nope - no fluke. It's always been that way, Xenos can be either their parents' breed OR the Xeno associated with the Biome of the other parent, like that Silver is from the Desert where you'd find a Mageia Xeno wink.gif

Xeno x Xeno is completely random

Is telebouncing allowed?

I want to make a Neglected Dragon and I've only just heard of this strategy. I know there were issues with it because people were multiscrolling to telebounce with themselves, but my friend and I are wanting to make Neglecteds and to help each other by telebouncing back and forth together, and I hope that it's okay and not technically exploiting a glitch.

To refresh people, telebouncing is trading a dragon last second before it dies in the hopes that it will gain an extra hour (or something?) to live once it ends up on someone else's scroll.

Is telebouncing allowed?

I want to make a Neglected Dragon and I've only just heard of this strategy. I know there were issues with it because people were multiscrolling to telebounce with themselves, but my friend and I are wanting to make Neglecteds and to help each other by telebouncing back and forth together, and I hope that it's okay and not technically exploiting a glitch.

To refresh people, telebouncing is trading a dragon last second before it dies in the hopes that it will gain an extra hour (or something?) to live once it ends up on someone else's scroll.

An extra day. Yes, as long as you are not multi scrolling and there is another person with a different scroll that you do not own who you are bouncing with, you should be fine.

An extra day. Yes, as long as you are not multi scrolling and there is another person with a different scroll that you do not own who you are bouncing with, you should be fine.

Ok, thank you! Also I can't believe it's a full day, I was expecting to find out it was only 30 minutes instead biggrin.gif

Ok, thank you! Also I can't believe it's a full day, I was expecting to find out it was only 30 minutes instead biggrin.gif

If you have incubated the egg it will lose the effect of the incubate when it is teleported, thus gaining back that extra day.

TJ's Leave & Take page was empty - http://dcrecords.tj09.net/leaveandtake

So I bred an egg (dunno if I'm allowed to show link here?), and left an egg on there.

The egg was taken, but now the page is empty again. sad.gif

How is that so? I thought you had to LEAVE an egg first, before TAKING an egg. Hence the title Leave & Take. blink.gif

Edited by Frodo

So I bred an egg (dunno if I'm allowed to show link here?), and left an egg on there.

How is that so? I thought you had to LEAVE an egg first, before TAKING an egg. Hence the title Leave & Take. blink.gif

Someone may have found the link elsewhere, such as the departures page, so they didn't have to leave an egg.

Someone may have found the link elsewhere, such as the departures page, so they didn't have to leave an egg.

I didn't put it in Departure Lounge - only the Leave & Take page.

The system can be cheated. sad.gif

Then they should maybe report the person who took it if they cheated to get it o:

The system can be cheated. sad.gif

Urgh! SO tired of the greedy cheaters who steal and play dirty! They spoil it for everyone else! mad.gif

I rarely use Departure Lounge, cos so many people just snatch without a word, and keep the eggs on hidden scrolls so they can't be identified. mad.gif

Guess I won't be giving to the Leave & Take page anymore! dry.gif

They actually leave an egg but then they cancel the transfer...

Edited by Pluviophillia

They actually ...

That's what I meant. But I didn't want to give anyone ideas if they hadn't already figured it out.

Anyway, it is sad that a few people can sour everyone on gifting nice things. sad.gif

Can't TJ be told what egg it is so they know who cheated?

They can't hide there scroll from TJ

Well actually - to be fair to everyone - sometimes there is a good reason to cancel the transfer I put an egg up there a while back. It was there for over 24 hours and then someone who owed me a rather special egg PMd that they had bred it.

And I was locked with that Take and Leave egg.

So yes, hit me, I cancelled the transfer and APd it.

Tell me you wouldn't have done the same ? I will admit I hadn't taken an egg from there that time - but I might have done. And I would still have cancelled the transfer.

Yes, I would have done the same, Fuzz. But that doesn't seem to be what happened here.

If you have incubated the egg it will lose the effect of the incubate when it is teleported, thus gaining back that extra day.

Yes, someone sent me that in a PM as well, I definitely had a fundamental misunderstanding of what telebouncing was lol

Still possible to be influence failed?

Always possible, alas, and usually on the hard-to-replace dragons! rolleyes.gif

I went to check if a scroll I know is hidden temporarily is still hidden, and instead of "can't find" I got an error page "Can't connect, did you spell it right". I did it from the member's link, which always worked before. I then tried typing it in and that didn't work either... I tried two other browsers and got the same.

I don't know of any other hidden scrolls to test - is this a thing now ?

ETA I just remembered one and this seems to be peculiar to the player in question, si I shall PM them....

Edited by fuzzbucket

I don't know of any other hidden scrolls to test - is this a thing now ?

There is always TJ's own scroll wink.gif