Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

How do you count Zombies; are they actual dragons or not?

I've just noticed that my scroll recently added a new page and there are 14 Zombies on it. So, since this would be a sort of special occasion for me, I looked up the total on both Eggs Around the World and Allure of Neglected Dragons. Neither one showed my count quite large enough to add the new page.

Frankly, I'm a bit disappointed so I thought I'd ask here. Are the fan sites correct, or is the page count on my scroll?

I'm not completely sure I understand what you're asking.

They're called Undead Dragons, and their type is dragons (encyclopedia). Yes, they are actual dragons.

IIRC, the last users had figured out, zombies do not count towards your trophy total.

AFAIK, there should not be any discrepancies between what your page settings are and the number of things (dragons, non-dragon creatures, tombstones, etc.) on your scroll. So if you have enough for 14 pages, that means you have 14 pages worth of things on your scroll. But if you're trying to count something specific, then your page number/scroll count according to custom sort may not be the correct way for you to count.

Thank you for your responses. I had always considered Zombies to be dragons since they had been dragons when they were alive. That's why I was surprised to see they weren't counted by the fan sites.

So, if I wanted to tell someone exactly how many dragons and other things I had on my scroll, I would have to get the number from the fan site, count my Zombies, and then add the two numbers together. Right?

Thank you for your responses.  I had always considered Zombies to be dragons since they had been dragons when they were alive.  That's why I was surprised to see they weren't counted by the fan sites.

So, if I wanted to tell someone exactly how many dragons and other things I had on my scroll, I would have to get the number from the fan site, count my Zombies, and then add the two numbers together.  Right?

Fansites only see things that the DC API shows them - and it doesn't show them the Undeads, even when they are visible (I just checked). Additionally, Undeads don't count for scroll trophy purposes either.

So yes, this is the way to tell the total of your scroll.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Guys, I... I just don't know how to use the search engine. It can't be that difficult, really. So I'd love to find threads about different Pygmy breeding plans, lineage suggestions, pairings and templates. (they appear after every new dragon release, you know what I am talking about?) I have no idea what to search for to find such threads, especially the Misfit one. When I try to search for Misfit, I get... well, all posts mentioning them, mostly trading posts. Or I get no results when I tick the "just thread titles" or whatever it is called.

Can you help me please? And maybe explain what I should do to find a thread using some rather vague key words? sad.gif I feel stupid.

Ewi, I'm not sure exactly when the membership started doing those breeding plan threads, but the Misfits may have been released before that was a common practice.

In general, searching titles only for something like that would be the best option. It may just be that there truly is no such thread.

I just did a search using +breeding +plans in the search field and set for titles only. I came up with two pages of results, but the only pygmy that came up was the Kyanite, which is the most recent.

So there is no secret insider trick to find things like this? I am terribe with computers and forums, thought maybe there are some tags or whatnot that I was missing, thank you for your answer biggrin.gif I will use the + to narrow down the search finds, that seems to be the key. And maybe I will find something to help me out.

Thank you Purplehaze smile.gif

Guys, I... I just don't know how to use the search engine. It can't be that difficult, really. So I'd love to find threads about different Pygmy breeding plans, lineage suggestions, pairings and templates. (they appear after every new dragon release, you know what I am talking about?) I have no idea what to search for to find such threads, especially the Misfit one. When I try to search for Misfit, I get... well, all posts mentioning them, mostly trading posts. Or I get no results when I tick the "just thread titles" or whatever it is called.

Can you help me please? And maybe explain what I should do to find a thread using some rather vague key words? sad.gif I feel stupid.

Lemme help you out on searching, first!

First, it sounds like you were using advanced search right above your inbox. I use it a lot because it allows you a little more customization, such as telling it that you only want to search thread titles, like you tried searching. That way you don't get the result of every single thread where someone once mentioned misfits or whatever your keyword is. However, where I think you went wrong is that you did not uncheck the "Search in child forums if sub category is chosen?" option. So your search returned all trading posts as well as posts from every single SD section. If you uncheck that, it will search only the main SD section, which is where breeding plan threads are posted. Next, I would suggest checking "Show results as topics" because that will also lessen your search. If you search by post, you get every single post mentioning your keywords, even if that's multiple posts from the same thread. Unless you're looking for a specific post, I usually stick to showing results as topics.

Next, under "Search by Keywords", there's an Advanced Usage Help pop-up. I suggest getting to know the tricks in there because, aside from my oddly good memory for exact title names and/or exact phrasing of certain posts, it's my secret to successful searching. These tips aren't just useful in the advanced search. You can also use them to use the little search bar available in each section. So, for example, instead of searching (misfit breeding plans) and getting every single thread where a post mentions misfit, breeding, or plans, you can search "misfit breeding plans" and get results with any threads where "misfit breeding plans" is all mentioned and in that order. Or you can search +misfit +breeding +plans and get the threads where all three of these are mentioned in a single post, even if not in that order. It can really help to lessen results and find the threads you're looking for quicker and more easily.

Okay! Now that all being said. Breeding plan threads like you're describing didn't start popping up until after most the pygmies had been released. So there's a kyanite breeding plans thread. You can also find magelights in the 9th birthday plans thread, named after the release instead of the dragons. That's it, though, so there's no wonder you couldn't find what you wanted!

Someone did create general Drake Breeding Plans thread, but there's not one for pygmies. You're not the only one interested in pygmy lines, though, so I would encourage you to create the pygmy one (or a specific one, if you just want to know about a specific pygmy) if you do want to see people's ideas. :3

Lemme help you out on searching, first!

Woah biggrin.gif

Thank you Socky! You are right about the "Search in child forums if sub category is chosen?", I have no idea of what it even means, and I definitely wasn't looking for any child forum biggrin.gif Thanks for all the links and suggestions, looks like there is some hope for me.

I don't have the courage to create a thread to be honest, I guess I will just uhm leech off from other people's invention for now tongue.gif

I've been looking around and not found anything, but does DC not have a rule against using languages other than English on the forums? I thought it did?

I've been looking around and not found anything, but does DC not have a rule against using languages other than English on the forums? I thought it did?

Yes, English-only, please, so mods can moderate all posts. It's not explicitly stated anywhere, but I was just talking about this elsewhere. I would like to see it in the rules. :3

What dragon's description reads: This metallic egg shows faint iridesence in moonlight?

What dragon's description reads: This metallic egg shows faint iridesence in moonlight?

Lunar Herald Dragons.

Lunar Herald

Edit: ninja'd. ninja.gif

Edited by Laura-Borealis

Ah thanks guys. For some reason it wasn't ringing any bells and I thought it was a new dragon. laugh.gif

Not a new release, I think. This glitch has happened several times in the last few weeks. Somehow there aren't eggs generated for the hour. Then normal drops resume the next hour. I expect at the 9:00 am drop things will sort themselves out.

Not a new release, I think. This glitch has happened several times in the last few weeks. Somehow there aren't eggs generated for the hour. Then normal drops resume the next hour. I expect at the 9:00 am drop things will sort themselves out.

Indeed, they're dropping again now.

When does spring start officially for dragon cave?

Thanks.

First day of Spring is the first official calendar day, so March 20th this year. (Its usually either the 20th or the 21st).

What do you mean by leaks ? just cheats, info about upcoming game stuff and so on ? Probably that's OK in General discussion There are all sorts of categories there that would seem to fit.

Edited by fuzzbucket