Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

A pretty minor thing, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

Honey drakes. Their description calls them honey drakes but the encyclopedia calls them honey dragons. All the other drakes have "drake" in their encyclopedia names, none of them have "dragon" except the honeys. Glitch? Oversight? Intentional?

I think this should be reported, since dragons and drakes are in different breeding groups.

Suggestions. Either a thread of its own or in forum feedback.

Is there an EASY way to count the total number of dragons in a non-eg non-inbred lineage ?

Uh, I just tried mis-using the inbred checker on AoND for just that purpose by putting the same code in twice. However, the result is that the dragon is, apparently, not related to itself. xd.png

However, if your dragon has a full sibling somewhere, you can enter those codes and will find a list of all dragons (save the ones you checked) from the lineage. And, considering that there's only a certain number of dragons shown per line, you should be able to figure out the actual number with a bit of maths. (The actual number of dragons shown per line depends on how big your screen is and how big your browser window is, so I cannot give you a fixed number.)

My Action Log only goes back to February 9, 2017. Is there a way to check on actions before that date?

It should go back a full 30 days. I have actions showing on mine from Jan 27. You do know that it now has extended to more than one page?

It should go back a full 30 days. I have actions showing on mine from Jan 27. You do know that it now has extended to more than one page?

Yes, my dear wub.gif I have 2 pages, but February 9 is the 1st entry.

It won't show the last page for some reason - I suspect that this is why StormBirdRising doesn't get to see the oldest actions.

It won't show the last page for some reason - I suspect that this is why StormBirdRising doesn't get to see the oldest actions.

sad.gif I am looking for a missing dragon. I'll just have to accept that it is gone (and I don't know why) sad.gif

Where is the best place on the forum to ask for a small change to the profile options?

If it's something that will require editing the forum software, it will be closed and you'll be asked to put the suggestion on hold until if/when the forum is upgraded. So if it's something that requires editing forum software, you'll just have to wait. D:

But if it's something that is already possible and is something as simple as an on/off switch, then Suggestions is where you request changes, as fuzz answered. ^^

For clarification, I"ll just add a quote from TJ about such suggestions that he made in closing a thread asking for a plugin to be added to the forum:

The usual spiel about not modifying the forum software applies here.

If, in the future, the forums are upgraded to software made this decade (which will hopefully happen) we can talk more about augmenting them with new features.

Is there a way to delete one's account on the forums?

No. Cave/forums, if you don't want your account, you can just abandon it and not log back in it. (Although this isn't a way to get around the just one account rule.)

It won't show the last page as in the last page linked doesn't load correctly or there's an extra page that isn't even linked?

Uh, I just tried mis-using the inbred checker on AoND for just that purpose by putting the same code in twice. However, the result is that the dragon is, apparently, not related to itself. xd.png

However, if your dragon has a full sibling somewhere, you can enter those codes and will find a list of all dragons (save the ones you checked) from the lineage. And, considering that there's only a certain number of dragons shown per line, you should be able to figure out the actual number with a bit of maths. (The actual number of dragons shown per line depends on how big your screen is and how big your browser window is, so I cannot give you a fixed number.)

ACTUALLY I found a way using the DC lineage page. (it is a massive messy but not inbred lineage....) Convoluted - but if you copypaste the lineage into a word document, you get every dragon and then you can save as text only and you get a list you can number. Like wow !

It seems to be showing the last page of mine. It says Viewing 2,001 to 2,014 of 2,014 and there are 14 actions showing on that page going back to Jan 27.

It won't show the last page as in the last page linked doesn't load correctly or there's an extra page that isn't even linked?

I can't see past Jan 28th. Which isn't a full 30 days.

If it's something that will require editing the forum software, it will be closed and you'll be asked to put the suggestion on hold until if/when the forum is upgraded. So if it's something that requires editing forum software, you'll just have to wait. D:

But if it's something that is already possible and is something as simple as an on/off switch, then Suggestions is where you request changes, as fuzz answered. ^^

For clarification, I"ll just add a quote from TJ about such suggestions that he made in closing a thread asking for a plugin to be added to the forum:

The usual spiel about not modifying the forum software applies here.

If, in the future, the forums are upgraded to software made this decade (which will hopefully happen) we can talk more about augmenting them with new features.

Thank you- and fuzz too. I wouldn't think it would require editing the forum software, but I don't know for sure. I'll start a thread.

How many CB Olive hatchies is an ND worth?

I was thinking of asking for about 20; is that reasonable? If I asked for more, would it be accepted?

(I've been experimenting - I just got my first to hatch biggrin.gif)

Any idea why my Frill egg is being so stubborn? It has more views than some of the adults on my scroll (2175 OVs, 146 UVs, 2 Cs, at time of writing), and it's at 3d12h, but it's just refusing to hatch! It only even started cracking after I refreshed the page a bunch of times to boost its OVs.

Any idea why my Frill egg is being so stubborn? It has more views than some of the adults on my scroll (2175 OVs, 146 UVs, 2 Cs, at time of writing), and it's at 3d12h, but it's just refusing to hatch! It only even started cracking after I refreshed the page a bunch of times to boost its OVs.

It's UVs are pretty low, so it's going to need a lot of views to make up for that.

It's UVs are pretty low, so it's going to need a lot of views to make up for that.

Oh, you're right! I hadn't realised that :)

I shall stick it in a couple more hatcheries. Thanks! :D

So odd question, I thought that Xenowyrm dragons would have offspring that were the same type as their parent (unless its 2 different Xenowyrm parents), but that seems to no longer be the case?

dragon

Dont get me wrong Im very happy with this dragon, but I wanted to know if this was a bug or the way it would be going forward so I could factor that into some of my breeding plans.

So odd question, I thought that Xenowyrm dragons would have offspring that were the same type as their parent (unless its 2 different Xenowyrm parents), but that seems to no longer be the case?

dragon

Dont get me wrong Im very happy with this dragon, but I wanted to know if this was a bug or the way it would be going forward so I could factor that into some of my breeding plans.

They can throw other xenos, it's just not common smile.gif