Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Most trade threads specify 'no IOUs'; are there any threads where it is allowed?

Not on this forum at least. It is a DC-wide policy not to allow them.

Edited by purplehaze

Most trade threads specify 'no IOUs'; are there any threads where it is allowed?

I THINK it is permitted to ask for holiday IOUs when a holiday is about to happen.

There isn't a thread for this particular fansite, so I ask here.

Ever since a login isn't required anymore on EATW, some little s... sweetheart decided to continously delete my trades. Now, it doesn't only delete them, but adds all my growing things and puts some cusswords in the textfield. If there's some kind of intelligence behind that, I presume it wants to get the account banned.

Did the same happen to anyone else?

I haven't had this happen to me yet, but I encourage contacting the owner of EATW if it happens again. They're somewhat active on DC, I believe. Take screenshots to send as well. It may encourage them to find some other way of verifying who adds stuff on the Dragonmarket.

There isn't a thread for this particular fansite, so I ask here.

Ever since a login isn't required anymore on EATW, some little s... sweetheart decided to continously delete my trades. Now, it doesn't only delete them, but adds all my growing things and puts some cusswords in the textfield. If there's some kind of intelligence behind that, I presume it wants to get the account banned.

Did the same happen to anyone else?

That means they are logged in on your account I believe....

You need to change all your passwords along with your email one!

Is it possible for a user to own both a CB holly and a CB Tinsel? I'm asking because I just saw a G2 Tinsel from Tinsel x Holly and died a little inside...also am I allowed to post lineage links to grown dragons that don't belong to me? What about growing dragons?

Is it possible for a user to own both a CB holly and a CB Tinsel? I'm asking because I just saw a G2 Tinsel from Tinsel x Holly and died a little inside...also am I allowed to post lineage links to grown dragons that don't belong to me? What about growing dragons?

Of course o: Why would it not be?

And no you can not post to dragons that do not belong to you and for growing dragons you have to post to the lineage

Edited by maylin

Of course o: Why would it not be?

And no you can post to dragons that do not belong to you and for growing dragons yo have to post to the lineage

Sigh...that good luck. So I cannot post to dragons I don't own but I can post lineage links to growing dragons I don't own...wut?

Is it possible for a user to own both a CB holly and a CB Tinsel?

Sure. Besides the fact that Hollies were released as a regular holiday cave drop, there is at least one player who won a Holly as a HM prize as well as a Tinsel in another raffle 3 years later.

And no, you cannot post lineage links to growing things you don't own either - those are usually being removed by moderators.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Sigh...that good luck. So I cannot post to dragons I don't own but I can post lineage links to growing dragons I don't own...wut?

No you can only post lineage links to growing dragons YOU own.

I had already said you can't post dragons you don't own, so I don't know how you got that mixed up >->

Edited by maylin

Don't you have to log in to post in/remove trades there ?

Don't you have to log in to post in/remove trades there ?

Not anymore. It has changed some time ago. Now the scroll name is the only thing you need.

Edit: Here is why is was changed.

Edited by rinoa26

Do they have a forum account?

They have one, but I don't recall what it is. Maybe someone can help you find it. I think they posted in TLQ at some point.

Edit: Their forum account is here.

Edited by Jazeki

I THINK it is permitted to ask for holiday IOUs when a holiday is about to happen.

During holiday breeding, we do allow "will breed x holiday" posts but only during their holiday breeding season and only for holidays.

I made one of those long-term IOU deals involving hatchies as payment. Now I

m having problems paying off the IOU because the other party always has a full mailbox or just doesn't return or respond to any correspondences. I have had one hatchie grow into an adult dragon, I let that go. What do you think is a good solution to this happening again. I was thinking if the hatchie grows before being taken by the other person I deduct that hatchie anyway from my total repayment.

Looking for some answers.

I made one of those long-term IOU deals involving hatchies as payment. Now I

m having problems paying off the IOU because the other party always has a full mailbox or just doesn't return or respond to any correspondences. I have had one hatchie grow into an adult dragon, I let that go. What do you think is a good solution to this happening again. I was thinking if the hatchie grows before being taken by the other person I deduct that hatchie anyway from my total repayment.

I'd just send them a PM explaining that yes you're having trouble reaching them and already had one grow up. I'd also give them a timeline (say a week) before you send more hatchies so they have time to read your PM and respond. After that yes any that grow up on you I'd count as paid. (Presumably you're sending hatchies full time and not just almost ER, right? xd.png)

I made one of those long-term IOU deals involving hatchies as payment. Now I'm having problems paying off the IOU because the other party always has a full mailbox or just doesn't return or respond to any correspondences. I have had one hatchie grow into an adult dragon, I let that go. What do you think is a good solution to this happening again. I was thinking if the hatchie grows before being taken by the other person I deduct that hatchie anyway from my total repayment.

I agree with ADP. I also suggest altering your own trading policy to indicate how long you are willing to wait before considering your side of a trade fulfilled. For example, I have in my profile that if I don't receive a response in 24 hours, my side of the agreement is fulfilled.

I'm just wondering, why do we no longer have 4 letter codes? I don't think we've used all of them up...

We didn't - TJ switched over before we could to avoid whatever hassle that would have caused.

2011-06-10 - UPDATES: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=117444

Five-letter Codes

To make room "for the future," all new dragons now have five-character ID codes instead of four. This certainly makes a lot of room for funny new words. Existing dragons are completely unaffected.

I'm just wondering, why do we no longer have 4 letter codes? I don't think we've used all of them up...

There are currently way more dragons than there are valid four letter codes. So while the swap to five letters came before four letters "ran out," we definitely would've had to make the swap by now anyways.

I agree with ADP. I also suggest altering your own trading policy to indicate how long you are willing to wait before considering your side of a trade fulfilled. For example, I have in my profile that if I don't receive a response in 24 hours, my side of the agreement is fulfilled.

Makes sense, thanks for the very reasonable answers.

I'd just send them a PM explaining that yes you're having trouble reaching them and already had one grow up. I'd also give them a timeline (say a week) before you send more hatchies so they have time to read your PM and respond. After that yes any that grow up on you I'd count as paid. (Presumably you're sending hatchies full time and not just almost ER, right? xd.png)

Right! biggrin.gif

The change 'get' to 'view' trick to see if ridgewings are tan or purple/what color morph in-cave eggs are doesn't work for me anymore. Is anyone else experiencing this? I'm assuming something changed. I get the error: "You can’t seem to find the dragon you’re looking for."