Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

With the whole '17 Vday fiasco, will there be a spriter's alt?

I don't have confirmation one way or another, but since the sprite is anonymous, I really doubt it.

I was reading on the wiki that alt black dragons have two sets of sprites for hatchlings, and it seemed to imply that it was possible for people to get both sets frozen on their scroll? I guess I'd like to know more about that, how feasible it is, and if there are any scrolls that have examples of having both sets. There's probably a thread on this somewhere but I don't even know where to start o_o;

I was reading on the wiki that alt black dragons have two sets of sprites for hatchlings, and it seemed to imply that it was possible for people to get both sets frozen on their scroll? I guess I'd like to know more about that, how feasible it is, and if there are any scrolls that have examples of having both sets. There's probably a thread on this somewhere but I don't even know where to start o_o;

They seem to cycle, so for some period of time the curled alt is more common and at others the sitting alt is more common. There doesn't seem to be a consistent observed pattern about this rotation that I know of.

Just keep trying to hatch alts. You can keep an eye on fansites for which version you see there for when you should try the alt lotto for whichever version you're looking for.

There's no trick to getting one or the other. Just luck and good timing.

And there's no limit to how many alts you can have or which forms. Just what you can hatch/trade for.

Yes, you can freeze both on your scroll. The type of hatchling the alts have just seem to fluctuate every so often, there's no real formula to it. So for a while there will be sitting ones, for a while there will be curled ones. Just collect some, freeze them, and wait for the next type to become common again (as... common as alt blacks get anyway).

I have over 500 dragons and i had the gold trophy on my scroll yesterday, but it's gone back to silver today even though i still have over 500. is that normal/will it sort itself out or is there a problem

Do frozen dragons count towards the trophies ? or only adults?

regardless nothing has changed for it to have gone back down to silver so its very frustrating

I have over 500 dragons and i had the gold trophy on my scroll yesterday, but it's gone back to silver today even though i still have over 500. is that normal/will it sort itself out or is there a problem

Do frozen dragons count towards the trophies ? or only adults?

regardless nothing has changed for it to have gone back down to silver so its very frustrating

Did you release any dragons? Did you kill any adult or frozen hatchies that just reached two weeks of death? Did you make any zombies - I believe they don't count towards your trophy but am not positive?

Adults and frozen hatchies both count, yes, but the trophy is dependent on your current total, not just if you reached it once.

Allure says you're one away from 500 adult/frozen hatchies, so you should at least get it back soon.

Did you release any dragons? Did you kill any adult or frozen hatchies that just reached two weeks of death? Did you make any zombies - I believe they don't count towards your trophy but am not positive?

Adults and frozen hatchies both count, yes, but the trophy is dependent on your current total, not just if you reached it once.

Allure says you're one away from 500 adult/frozen hatchies, so you should at least get it back soon.

ah ok it seems I must've done something like that then (i didn't think i had but maybe i released something ?)

also didn't realize eatw was counting my growing dragons in the total as well, i thought i was at 508 but since its really 499 that makes sense.

thank you for the help!

i cant wait for something to grow up so I can get gold back again!

ah ok it seems I must've done something like that then (i didn't think i had but maybe i released something ?)

also didn't realize eatw was counting my growing dragons in the total as well, i thought i was at 508 but since its really 499 that makes sense.

thank you for the help!

i cant wait for something to grow up so I can get gold back again!

Veskler your gold trophy is back biggrin.gif

The seasonals switch based on when the calender has the seasons change. This is only based on the northern hemisphere however. So winter seasonal will stop appearing on the spring or vernal equinox when it's officially spring.

Spring Equinox 2017 in Northern Hemisphere will be at 6:28 AM on Monday, March 20, so I would expect them to change on the 20th, or maybe the 21st?

Are celestial eggs highter chance to produced than other breed eggs?

Depends on the relative rarity and how well the other parent breed is breeding. I haven't bred my celestials all that much but they could be suffering from what many new breeds suffer from: absolutely overwhelming the breeding results of anything it is younger than. I tend to think that celestials are a little more uncommon than common, so I think they tend to have better success of being mixed clutches than many other newish and newer breeds are. But, as I said, I don't do a whole lot of celestial breeding because I'm too lazy to have to corporealize and breed, lol.

(I did do some test breedings just now with horrendous luck and results were: two no interests - celestial/neb, celestial/gon - a refusal - celestial/brute - and a four egg evenly mixed clutch from celestial/neb.)

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Are celestial eggs highter chance to produced than other breed eggs?

I've been doing a Celestial x Royal Blue lineage, and at first got nearly all celestials. Lately it has evened out somewhat, but I still get more Celestials

Same here - I'm doing them with 2 colours of lunars and at first almost never got lunars - but it seems to be settling. Now I MOSTLY get mixed clutches, but every time it's been a single egg it's still been celestial.

Hm, honestly I couldn't find anything in the FAQ, so I'll ask here:

Why do some of my dragons show "rejected" when I try to breed them?

For example I wanted to breed my Deep Sea dragons (both are CB) to each other.

Last time I tried was on the 28th Feb. (Which gave me no egg.) This time I can't breed them, because the link to "breed" doesn't show up, instead it tells me "rejected".

This has happened to me with several pairs now. My Flamingos, my Pumpkins, one of my two pairs of Ridgewings, Shallow Waters, Skywings (and some more)... All of them have been bred last time on the 28th of Feb with the exakt same mates I wanted to try this time and are now rejecting each other.

I know there is something with the biomes, so you can't breed every dragon to every mate and getting an egg (plus the fact that there are pygmies, drakes and so on) - but I'm trying to breed two of the same species of dragon.

If there is something about this issue in the help, FAQ or somewhere else, I would be happy to get a link. smile.gif

Cheers

Seriva

Edited by Seriva Senkalora

They don't like each other, they rejected each other and so you can not breed them.

To lower the chance of rejection you use purple dragons BSA fertility

So this can happen anytime to dragons, even if they have succesfully been bred in the past?

Too bad, I lost some nice pairs... :/

Thank you.

Cheers

Seriva

Edited by Seriva Senkalora

So this can happen anytime to dragons, even if they have succesfully been bred in the past?

Thank you.

Cheers

Seriva

If they are proven pairs that worked outside the holiday, I would PM TJ a screenshot of progeny or multiple action log actions of them breeding if you have them. This is a glitch. I think he can reverse it, but I'm not sure.

Edited by Jazeki

Thank you.

Cheers

Seriva

No. If they have bred successfully in the past then they should be good as a pairing. If their first breeding does not say they refuse to go near each other then they should not show rejected later. The only exception to that is holiday dragons that have only bred successfully during their holiday season. Since refusals are turned off for holiday dragons during their season, they may still refuse out of season.

If none of those dragons showed a refusal the last time you bred them they should not be showing rejected now. Did any of them produce an egg before? If they did and you have proof of it, from their progeny list or whatever, I would send a PM or email to TJ because it is most certainly a glitch. If none of them produced an egg then it is hard to prove a glitch.

This has happened to me with several pairs now. My Flamingos, my Pumpkins, one of my two pairs of Ridgewings, Shallow Waters, Skywings (and some more)... All of them have been bred last time on the 28th of Feb with the exakt same mates I wanted to try this time and are now rejecting each other.

Pumpkins are Halloween-only dragons (breedable only in the week before and including Halloween), so they would always refuse each other out of season.