Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

If I have a multi-clutch of eggs - can I trade/gift the extra? Do the eggs on the teleport have some kind of a grace period?

If I have a multi-clutch of eggs - can I trade/gift the extra? Do the eggs on the teleport have some kind of a grace period?

From the FAQ: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=48

Q: Can I teleport/trade/gift holiday dragons that I catch or breed?

A: Yes, you can. You will not be able to grab a new caveborn of that holiday unless you have space for the breed. If a newly released holiday is in a teleport, it still counts towards your limit for the dragon while it's on your scroll. If you breed a past holiday, you can keep it and teleport it with no time limit. Do note that you can only keep one egg from a multiclutch, though, and you must preform the keep action in order to keep it on your scroll for yourself, to trade, or to later abandon. Valentine's dragons may still have a 24 hour limit before an extra egg of that species is auto'd off your scroll.

Needs a bit of updating for the non-limit on bred dragons, but yeah. You can only ever keep one egg from a multi-clutch.

I thought freshly bred eggs would auto in 30m if you didn't pick one to keep, Socky? Did that change?

What happens if I offer a trade, but cancel it? Do I still have to wait the cool down period of two days?

What happens if I offer a trade, but cancel it? Do I still have to wait the cool down period of two days?

I'm assuming you're referring to a trade you've created, since offering on someone else's trade doesn't require a Teleport. Canceling your own teleport immediately frees up the Magi for use as long as you manually cancel the TP. Having the TP canceled by an egg hatching or a hatchie growing up will, if memory serves, put your TP on the usual 2-day cooldown.

I'm assuming you're referring to a trade you've created, since offering on someone else's trade doesn't require a Teleport. Canceling your own teleport immediately frees up the Magi for use as long as you manually cancel the TP. Having the TP canceled by an egg hatching or a hatchie growing up will, if memory serves, put your TP on the usual 2-day cooldown.

Awesome, yes I was the one that created the trade and it worked perfectly.

Thank you very much!

I thought freshly bred eggs would auto in 30m if you didn't pick one to keep, Socky? Did that change?

I think the year I edited that, there was a bug in the first few days where the abandon time was extended.

As I said, still needs edited. xD The whole FAQ does. >_>

You're absolutely right that needs changed. The 24 hour limit was for teleporting when there was still a breed limit on bred holidays.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

From the FAQ: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=48

Q: When does a teleport link expire?

A: Either when you cancel it or when the egg dies or hatches or the hatchling dies or grows to an adult. If the teleport is automatically canceled because the dragon dies or grows up, the magi still has to go through the cooldown. [/b]If you cancel the teleport yourself, the magi is immediately able to teleport again.

^^

Does refusal are still active for Valentines on Valentine event breeding? I wanted to bred my Rosebud with Thalassa today, and on mates list Thalassa was greyed out - as rejected. I remember they refused each other, but it was for normal breeding in last year, not holiday one. Luckily I got another Thalassa that I bred with my Rosebud, but I thought that refusals are turn off for all Holidays on their Holiday breeding?

Does refusal are still active for Valentines on Valentine event breeding? I wanted to bred my Rosebud with Thalassa today, and on mates list Thalassa was greyed out - as rejected.

Iirc they should be able to breed during the event. (Though they'll re-refuse once the event is over.) I'm not sure why your Rosebud x Thalassa isn't working.

Does refusal are still active for Valentines on Valentine event breeding? I wanted to bred my Rosebud with Thalassa today, and on mates list Thalassa was greyed out - as rejected. I remember they refused each other, but it was for normal breeding in last year, not holiday one. Luckily I got another Thalassa that I bred with my Rosebud, but I thought that refusals are turn off for all Holidays on their Holiday breeding?

Depends from which mate you enter the breeding page. On the common mate rejected Valentines are still shown as rejected and greyed out.

You have to enter the breeding action from the Valentine's side and the rejected mates are on the end of the breeding mates but with the ability to breed. Tested it myself with my Val 09

Iirc they should be able to breed during the event. (Though they'll re-refuse once the event is over.) I'm not sure why your Rosebud x Thalassa isn't working.

Luckily I had another one that I bred with it, so it wasn't a big problem smile.gif

Depends from which mate you enter the breeding page. On the common mate rejected Valentines are still shown as rejected and greyed out.

You have to enter the breeding action from the Valentine's side and the rejected mates are on the end of the breeding mates but with the ability to breed. Tested it myself with my Val 09

Oh, I didn't know about that. I think that was the case then, but shouldn't it appear for both dragons the same way? Anyway, it's nice to know that it's that way, now I know what to do if I'll have any problems with other Valentine breeding - last year I had really a lot of refusals and I don't remember if there was some with my other Valentines. Thank you smile.gif

Oh, I didn't know about that. I think that was the case then, but shouldn't it appear for both dragons the same way? Anyway, it's nice to know that it's that way, now I know what to do if I'll have any problems with other Valentine breeding - last year I had really a lot of refusals and I don't remember if there was some with my other Valentines. Thank you smile.gif

I just found out last halloween by accident. I don't know much about coding but I guess it's easier to turn refuse off completely on the holiday's side than let the system check which mates were rejected in the past and turn refuse off.

I remember someone posting somewhere that there is a way to check how long the AP backlog is (but didn't explain in that post, and of course I forgot who it was). Since someone wants to try to catch a sibling of a valentine egg I will be breeding, I'm really interested now in figuring out smile.gif If there's a wall of 7 day eggs, the eggs could be sitting behind the wall for any time between 1 and 59 minutes, correct? Or is it even any time between 1 minute and 24 hours, because of the day added to AP eggs (I'm not sure if holiday eggs get that day as well)? How do I figure out, how long exactly an egg sits behind the wall before showing up?

Edit: Thanks for the detailed explanation, AGYK!

Edited by Ha-Ki

I remember someone posting somewhere that there is a way to check how long the AP backlog is (but didn't explain in that post, and of course I forgot who it was). Since someone wants to try to catch a sibling of a valentine egg I will be breeding, I'm really interested now in figuring out smile.gif If there's a wall of 7 day eggs, the eggs could be sitting behind the wall for any time between 1 and 59 minutes, correct? Or is it even any time between 1 minute and 24 hours, because of the day added to AP eggs (I'm not sure if holiday eggs get that day as well)? How do I figure out, how long exactly an egg sits behind the wall before showing up?

Your egg will show up in the AP when its time left is less than the last current AP egg's time left.

This is complicated by a few things, all related to a hidden extra day things get when they're first picked up. Eggs are shown on the AP as if the extra day was already there - so anything between 6d and 7d will show as 7d - but the extra time isn't actually added until the egg is picked up from the AP for the first time. You can check an egg's /view/ page to see how much time it has left before the extra day is factored in - a 6d egg will show as 6d on its /view/ page even if it shows on 7d on the AP and will be 7d when you pick it up.

When an egg is picked up and re-abandoned, the extra day sticks, but the egg's position in the AP seems to stick as well. This makes matters very difficult for holiday AP walls, because most of the eggs in the AP are repeatedly abandoned. As of right now, all eggs in the AP show 7d. I can't actually tell if this means everything in the AP is freshly bred or, more likely, if everything in the AP has been grabbed and tossed back. As a result, I have no idea what the true time of the AP is.

In order to determine when your egg will show in the AP, you'll need to figure out the true time of the eggs in the AP and compare them to the true time left on your bred egg. Good luck.

Is having the actual holiday breed name (such as Heartseeker) in the Encyclopedia new? Or did we have it last year?

I notice that all the Valentine's dragons and Halloweens have it, but none of the Christmas ones.

Christmas dragons were always just "Holiday (year)" while Valentines and Halloweens were always with their own breed names in the Encyclopedia. I do recall Arsanis in the top row right from the beginning, as well as having to hunt down the various Halloweens all over the Encyclopedia list ...

Am I the only one who has trouble with the Custom Sort saving? It tries for about 20 seconds, then I get an error page.

Am I the only one who has trouble with the Custom Sort saving? It tries for about 20 seconds, then I get an error page.

Alternate Custom works for me , I don't use the regular custon sort

Working fine for me. I just resorted everyone about 3 minutes ago.

incubate isnt working for me, like i go to incubate and when it asks for password confirmation when i hit the button to confirm it doesn't do anything. like the link is broken or something. is this just me?

incubate isnt working for me, like i go to incubate and when it asks for password confirmation when i hit the button to confirm it doesn't do anything. like the link is broken or something. is this just me?

Try clearing your cookies. That worked for someone else the other day who was having a problem.

Try clearing your cookies. That worked for someone else the other day who was having a problem.

still not working :'( nevermind, it took awhile but after a few minutes it started working again, thanks!

Edited by AvianCrow

I read the FAQ, but I didn't really get the answer I wanted.

user posted image

So, I was worried that my eggs might not get enough views in order to hatch. They are in my signature on a semi-active forum. Will they be able to hatch just fine, or should I add them to a fansite?