Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

I got a question. Why is the heartstealing dragon in the blue section when you order your dragons in rainbow colour? It has always bothered me and still do.

If I have a hatchling that was laid on the 7th, and i've had it longer, and then I get an ER egg of the same breed that was laid on the 6th, how will they sort? Does it go by date of "birth" or just which one grows up first?

I got  a question. Why is the heartstealing dragon in the blue section when you order your dragons in rainbow colour? It has always bothered me and still do.

I think the sprites are sorted by the highlight colors of their adult color pallet? That is the only thing I can think of. I've been trying to figure out the rainbow sort rules, and so far I have this:

Adult color pallet-->Age of said dragon-->???. That is why I have some frozen red hatchlings scattered throughout my adult red dragons if I sort by rainbow.

If I have a hatchling that was laid on the 7th, and i've had it longer, and then I get an ER egg of the same breed that was laid on the 6th, how will they sort? Does it go by date of "birth" or just which one grows up first?

I think it goes by what time it came to your scroll. If you temp sort by age, the dragons are arranged by the time they came onto your scroll.

Edited by xeyla

I am willing to donate to DragCave because I love it here and I use it a lot. However, I want to know - there are two options for the 1 Month... one says "Buy Now" and the other says "Subscribe".

user posted image

If I select "Buy Now" does that mean it is not recurring? I would prefer not to have something that is recurring, yet I'd like to donate to this site somehow.

Hope this question makes sense.

Edited by Silverwinter

I am willing to donate to DragCave because I love it here and I use it a lot. However, I want to know - there are two options for the 1 Month... one says "Buy Now" and the other says "Subscribe".

user posted image

If I select "Buy Now" does that mean it is not recurring? I would prefer not to have something that is recurring, yet I'd like to donate to this site somehow.

Hope this question makes sense.

It appears that the buy now is a one time contribution, whereas the subscribe option is a recurring thing.

It appears that the buy now is a one time contribution, whereas the subscribe option is a recurring thing.

I see, thank you! If it's recurring anyway, not a problem, I just have to remember to keep track of when it takes money out and I am very forgetful. tongue.gif

EDIT: I got it, don't think it's recurring, woohoo

Edited by Silverwinter

I see, thank you! If it's recurring anyway, not a problem, I just have to remember to keep track of when it takes money out and I am very forgetful. tongue.gif

EDIT: I got it, don't think it's recurring, woohoo

The Buy Now one is not recurring. smile.gif I know from experience.

Why is the holiday wall so short this time? The breeding week is not over yet, but there are already several rows of non-holiday eggs in the AP. Not complaining, just curious.

I think it goes by what time it came to your scroll. If you temp sort by age, the dragons are arranged by the time they came onto your scroll.

I think it's egg laid date/time. The currently oldest hatchling on my scroll sorts at the top of my growing things even though I got it gifted as a hatchling, not an egg (which means it came onto my scroll after some of the other hatchlings).

Why is the holiday wall so short this time? The breeding week is not over yet, but there are already several rows of non-holiday eggs in the AP. Not complaining, just curious.

It's likely to regenerate as people breed more. This happened last night, too.

As far as why... no real idea. I would be tempted to guess that the limited number of CB Valentines relative to the number of CB Halloweens means a smaller breeding pool of Vals relative to what we see at Halloween, but Christmas had a giant wall too so that explanation doesn't hold water.

Is anyone else having problems with the site showing a 300 error (something about a invalid ccertificate?) when you try to access it? I can get to the forums just fine (obviously), but the actual site won't load. I've tried resetting the computer and clearing my cache, but it hasn't worked.

Is anyone else having problems with the site showing a 300 error (something about a invalid ccertificate?) when you try to access it? I can get to the forums just fine (obviously), but the actual site won't load. I've tried resetting the computer and clearing my cache, but it hasn't worked.

You're not the only one. Dunno if natli resolved that, though.

My suggestion would be clear cache/cookies -> logout from DC/log back in -> restart browser -> restart computer, trying again after each step (I do see you've tried some of these already). If nothing fixes the problem for you, a screenshot might be useful.

You're not the only one. Dunno if natli resolved that, though.

My suggestion would be clear cache/cookies -> logout from DC/log back in -> restart browser -> restart computer, trying again after each step (I do see you've tried some of these already). If nothing fixes the problem for you, a screenshot might be useful.

I can't even try to log out or back in, though. The page just will not load to that point. Here's how the page looks on my end.

Deleting dragcave.net cookies would log you out effectively.

If you try to access http://dragcave.net/, are you redirected to https://dragcave.net/ or can you play on the HTTP connection without issues?

I'm automatically redirected; that was one of the first things I tried. I'm looking at the dev tools for my browser to see if I can sidestep it for a single site or not right now; hopefully it helps.

Check your browser for addons that attempt to redirect you to the https version of a site, and deactive that. I know there is one for Firefox, at least ...

If there is one, it's not an easily accessed part of it. I suspect part of the problem is my use of an archaic browser, but this has never been a problem before. (sorry for delayed responses, i'm hitting up google to see if i can solve it with informationfrom there as well)

V Bah, I was afraid of that. Thank you for your help, guys!

Edited by Guillotine

I'm automatically redirected; that was one of the first things I tried. I'm looking at the dev tools for my browser to see if I can sidestep it for a single site or not right now; hopefully it helps.

Somehow I'm not surprised. I had similar issues on Firefox awhile back; I ended up having to wait it out. I seem to recall being able to access the http version of DC on Chrome even while Firefox was spazzing out, though, so you might find some success there.

I think the lack of AP Vday eggs is because everyone is waiting til Vday to breed. I bet on Vday the AP will be so clogged with old vday eggs it might last a day or two after. Because there will also be new eggs that people will grab and AP also.

Edited by Riverwillows

Do holidays not gain the day when they hit the AP ? I bred all my spares this morning and they were all picked up in moments ! You'd think they'd be behind something pretending to be at 8 days....

The AP currently has only 1 or 2 pages worth of Valentine eggs, it seems (sometimes you see non-holidays peeking through that wall), so they do get picked up quickly, each of them, and thus gain zilch.

Plus, they never get more than 7 days total, so I guess your eggs just mixed in with the other 7-dayers.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

OH fair enough. Though at least one went down to 6.22 - you'd think it would have stuck at 7 days, as I only just bred it over breakfast !

My Valentines aren't hatching at 4 days. Is there another click site I could add them to?

They are in AoND, Silvi's, and EAtW.