Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

I was just going to say I offer different things over and over if I really want something - and - see, it often works ! Congratulations ! A lot of people ask for things others see as nothing much - it all depends what they want at any given time. I have offered 2g prizes for commons when I had a stuck lineage.

Am I mis-remembering? I though unsuccessful kills didn't count against kill totals, but I had three kills out of five tries and I'm out of kills now. Has it always been thus?

Do you have any eggs that were killed by vampire bite or earthquake? Those count toward your "kill" limit.

Ah, forgot about my vampire bites being less than two weeks ago. Thank you!!!

Will this hatchling survive? It wasn't sick when I fogged it. This is due to someone's attempt to viewbomb it. When it hatched, it had less than 1000 views. This is due to some jerk. How many views can a hatchling get before it gets sick? It's at 5 days 20 hours.

IMG_0212.thumb.jpeg.54688d337dda666e4fdd0ec48a591849.jpeg

i'm really surprised, after this site has been around all this time, that DC still allows eggs and hatchlings to die from viewbombing. 

I have hidden my scroll, removed my name from my scroll, and checked all of the hatcheries, but someone is targeting that hatchling because I had it in a high value trade. (It's a CB White Vespine.) I have said no to a few trade offers and wonder if it was someone whose trade I declined.

Anyway, I'm just trying to figure out how much abuse a hatchling can take before it suddenly dies -- and whether it is safe to leave it out for trading. :blink: Would it get sick for sure? Would I have any warning at all? Or would it simply get too many views and immediately die?

39 minutes ago, missy_ said:

Will this hatchling survive? It wasn't sick when I fogged it.

Keep it fogged for a full day.  That should help its chances of survival.

1 hour ago, missy_ said:

whether it is safe to leave it out for trading. :blink: Would it get sick for sure? Would I have any warning at all? Or would it simply get too many views and immediately die?

If you still want to trade the hatchling, you can stun it, which will prevent it from gaining views for 48 hours. Otherwise I'd just hide it for a while until putting it back up for trade.

3 hours ago, missy_ said:

Will this hatchling survive? It wasn't sick when I fogged it. This is due to someone's attempt to viewbomb it. When it hatched, it had less than 1000 views. This is due to some jerk. How many views can a hatchling get before it gets sick? It's at 5 days 20 hours.

IMG_0212.thumb.jpeg.54688d337dda666e4fdd0ec48a591849.jpeg

I don't think it will die with this data, it's not really high for a hatchling. I guess it's sick because of gain views too fast, It would recovery after fogging a few hours/a day. But need to careful for another viewbomb.

7 hours ago, 04uni said:

If you still want to trade the hatchling, you can stun it, which will prevent it from gaining views for 48 hours. Otherwise I'd just hide it for a while until putting it back up for trade.

This. And whatever TJ tries to do, viewbombing isn't going to go away, and I am one of those nasty people who support the sickness mechanic as a general thing, though perhaps it could use a tweak. That said, neglected fans are very much against restricting rapid viewing rates and I absolutely take their point.

Might be a related question - how rare is white vespine? I'm not really interested in drakes so I never paid attention. How would it be ranked among the other rare dragons?

Just now, Cute_Dragons said:

Might be a related question - how rare is white vespine? I'm not really interested in drakes so I never paid attention. How would it be ranked among the other rare dragons?

Decently rare. Vespines are pretty uncommon, and I would say whites happen 15-20% of the time. You could trade one for 2 astraels or 2 for 1 gold.

10 minutes ago, FuecocoBoi09 said:

Decently rare. Vespines are pretty uncommon, and I would say whites happen 15-20% of the time. You could trade one for 2 astraels or 2 for 1 gold.

Thank you! I feel Astraels are relatively easy to catch and that sounds like a good deal

3 hours ago, Cute_Dragons said:

I’m currently at 36/1 for white Vespines. I’d say they’re rarer than red Dorsals or tan Ridgewings but that might be because more people are still trying to get their scroll goals. 

I have bought all but one of my white Vespines in the market. I have been pretty lucky there. I think I have gotten a white each time after only 3 or 4 yellows. I know others have not been that lucky, though.

Do dragon requests ever actually go on the site? If so, is there a list of dragons on dragon cave that stem from the forums?

1 hour ago, Modusiticate said:

Do dragon requests ever actually go on the site? If so, is there a list of dragons on dragon cave that stem from the forums?

They do, yes. I remember I waited for the release of the Pillow dragons for what felt like ages after they were completed. But only if TJ picks them from the list of completed dragons, making a dragon is no guarantee that it will be released on DC. Once you’ve completed a dragon, the forum thread will be hidden so people have a chance to forget about the dragon. There are also parts of the forums that aren’t public where the artists work on dragons in secret and of course they communicate off-site as well.

I seem to remember from their release threads that the Antareans and the Pipio Pygmies came from DR. There are most likely others, too, that I am not remembering.

How do rare x rare breedings work? does it increase the chance of getting a rare compared to rare x common, or would it be the same?

Iirc it should be a bit higher? However you'll get a lot more no eggs, I know that for sure

"Breeding red x gold has the same chance of getting a red egg as red x magi--the gap between those two pairings is filled with "no egg" breedings."

So I imagine it's going to be the same with rares - breeding rare1 x common has the same chance of throwing a rare 1 as breeding rare1 x rare2, but rare1 x rare2 is going to throw less eggs than rare1 x common since chance of getting rare2 is way less than getting the common egg

(however this is extrapolation from known information, instead of actual confirmed fact, so there's a chance this is incorrect)

Edited by Moriaty

1 hour ago, 04uni said:

Iirc it should be a bit higher? However you'll get a lot more no eggs, I know that for sure

In my experience, what you get is loads and loads of no eggs. And then more no eggs.

1 hour ago, Moriaty said:

"Breeding red x gold has the same chance of getting a red egg as red x magi--the gap between those two pairings is filled with "no egg" breedings."

So I imagine it's going to be the same with rares - breeding rare1 x common has the same chance of throwing a rare 1 as breeding rare1 x rare2, but rare1 x rare2 is going to throw less eggs than rare1 x common since chance of getting rare2 is way less than getting the common egg

(however this is extrapolation from known information, instead of actual confirmed fact, so there's a chance this is incorrect)

I think this becomes more interesting if you consider breeding rare1 x rare1, like pb golds or silvers. If breeding gold x red has (x) chance of breeding gold and a bigger

chance of giving red (and a chance of no egg/no interest etc), if you breed gold x gold, is the chance still (x), or double (x) because there's a chance to get the breed of each parent...? Like, if your objective is just to get a gold regardless of pairing, it would then be better to do gold x gold even though the chance of no interest/no egg would be larger. 

Still just speculating here, obviously. 

I have a (fogged) blue Sapphire hatchie, currently at 6d18h with these numbers:

• Overall views:3,159
  • Unique views:248
  • Clicks:1

I want it to stay blue, so what's the best way to keep those OV under 4000?

I was thinking of waiting until it's around 3d left and dump it in several ERs, aka raising UV so it grows up before OV go too high... Does that seem doable?

1 hour ago, Aleoleo said:

I was thinking of waiting until it's around 3d left and dump it in several ERs, aka raising UV so it grows up before OV go too high... Does that seem doable?

Yes, I think they can grow up <4000 ov if they have around 450 uv. If it didn't grow up around 3800 ov, fog it again and wait until lower time. They only need +1 ov to grow up if they achieve their grow up line.

Edited by D-wing