Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Posted (edited)

Does flare tail pygmy egg/s1 hatchie sort blue/red? (or in another word, is there a way to tell if it's going to be blue or red before it grows to s2?

Went on testing by a few bred eggs and since they do seem to jump around the different colors I suspect my previous guess is correct. Would be nice if someone can confirm though

image.thumb.png.f0e2ceb9afaca167e3f874ac74cb8e41.png

Edited by Moriaty

34 minutes ago, Moriaty said:

is there a way to tell if it's going to be blue or red before it grows to s2?

Yes. They already sort by color as eggs and S1.

Thank you!! Nice to be confirmed

Hey, why does the hourly drop lag so much? 
It refreshes only after around 20s.

Because so many people are spam-refreshing the page....

Okay, so I read the thread about trade rules and now I am confused because I have done this before. If I pick up a 2nd gen SAlt from the AP (like an omen-kin from an omen-kin massbreed) and I want to trade it for a different lineage 2nd gen omen-kin SAlt, is it wrong for me to post something like "Have 2nd gen saltkin. Want to swap for a different 2nd gen saltkin?"  Due to the massbreed, there would potentially  be 50 (making this number up) or so omen-kin saltkins floating around at that point and I'm not asking for a specific one. Or can I not ask for any 2nd gen saltkins ever? 

Is it usual for Frosty Farming to look like this:

image.png.80296685a3be8f1fed87650003269ddb.png or

image.png.a0ce793a670260bc5eff874a8f01ce76.pngthis?

I tried reloading the page several times, and it usually works, but I've been reloading for the past 20 minutes or so and it's still not working.

Posted (edited)

So I've been trying to find the message link to myself for 15 minutes now... could someone please help me out and copy/paste it here?

Thank you very much @purplehaze both for the link and the tip! <3

Edited by Aleoleo

20 minutes ago, Aleoleo said:

So I've been trying to find the message link to myself for 15 minutes now... could someone please help me out and copy/paste it here?

Link

You can find it by clicking on that little envelope at the bottom of any of your posts.

Wasn't entirely sure what section of the forum to post this in, but there's another petsite I play called Furvilla that has a dwindling userbase. I was thinking of making a thread promoting the game in the advent people would be interested in joining. Would that be against the rules? If so, I'll refrain from making anything about it.

9 hours ago, Jazeki said:

Okay, so I read the thread about trade rules and now I am confused because I have done this before. If I pick up a 2nd gen SAlt from the AP (like an omen-kin from an omen-kin massbreed) and I want to trade it for a different lineage 2nd gen omen-kin SAlt, is it wrong for me to post something like "Have 2nd gen saltkin. Want to swap for a different 2nd gen saltkin?"  Due to the massbreed, there would potentially  be 50 (making this number up) or so omen-kin saltkins floating around at that point and I'm not asking for a specific one. Or can I not ask for any 2nd gen saltkins ever? 

At the moment the suggestion is that it's not OK - in your place, I'd put "Have 2gen saltkin. Want: Similar....!!" or "want bloodswap". But there was also a suggestion that it's OK during their breeding season. As you will know, in that thread we are begging for clarification of such matters. I can't see why we can't ask for "2gen saltkin" but not for a specific type....

MY current question - was their an outage/rollback while I was asleep ? Three eggs I could swear I influenced yesterday needed doing again...! No biggie - they had time, just weird.

3 minutes ago, requiesticat said:

Wasn't entirely sure what section of the forum to post this in, but there's another petsite I play called Furvilla that has a dwindling userbase. I was thinking of making a thread promoting the game in the advent people would be interested in joining. Would that be against the rules? If so, I'll refrain from making anything about it.

Should be OK here I think:

https://forums.dragcave.net/forum/30-adoptables/

4 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

At the moment the suggestion is that it's not OK - in your place, I'd put "Have 2gen saltkin. Want: Similar....!!" or "want bloodswap". But there was also a suggestion that it's OK during their breeding season. As you will know, in that thread we are begging for clarification of such matters. I can't see why we can't ask for "2gen saltkin" but not for a specific type....

Okay....I mean, I often pick up 2nd gen minty saltkins during massbreeds, so I don't really understand how it's okay during their holiday season, but not the rest of the year. Thank you, though!

Do join the thread: it is all startlingly unclear :D 

I don't understand how to read the time reference page. How can you tell when an eclipse is going to happen? How do you read the graph thing? O_O

8 hours ago, saltywench said:

I don't understand how to read the time reference page. How can you tell when an eclipse is going to happen? How do you read the graph thing? O_O

I don't know how to read that graph thing myself but maybe this thread could help you:

If you use Vampire Bite on a CB single gender holiday egg, can you then influence it to be the opposite gender?

Posted (edited)

WOW. FASCINATING thought.... Now I can't wait for February so that I can test !

Edited by Fuzzbucket

16 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

If you use Vampire Bite on a CB single gender holiday egg, can you then influence it to be the opposite gender?

14 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

WOW. FASCINATING thought.... Now I can't wait for February so that I can test !

I don't think holidays can be bitten.

I think you are "incorrect" - this year's wiki entry says:

and the list of biteables in the wiki list all the holiday ones.

Once an egg turns into a vampire, its mechanics change - to that of a vampire breed. So logically they should be influencable after a successful transformation.

Haven't tried it personally though, not a fan of high mortality rate.

Posted (edited)

As long as they're standard dragons, limited-release dragons can be bitten. I usually make a few vamps every Holiday and Valentine's season. eg: NH4cS, formerly a Sweetling.

At the point it becomes a Vampire Dragon, the egg is no longer a gender-restricted breed so I can't imagine it wouldn't be influencable, though I don't know that I've ever actually bothered to influence one. Gender doesn't matter a ton with vamps 😅

Edited by Stromboli

Interesting. Bitting a hoilday will not change their gender right? Is that means people can contral vamp's gender without pink or know it without aeon? Unless information +1. XD

29 minutes ago, DigitalGarden said:

Once an egg turns into a vampire, its mechanics change - to that of a vampire breed. So logically they should be influencable after a successful transformation.

Haven't tried it personally though, not a fan of high mortality rate.

Me, neither. But I was looking at a CB female Vampre at the start of a 2010 lineage and had a suspicion she might have started as a Sweetling egg. 

11 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I think you are "incorrect" - this year's wiki entry says:

and the list of biteables in the wiki list all the holiday ones.

XD You're allowed to say I'm wrong.

Thanks for the info!