Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

I wouldn't even worry about "several ERs". Let it out around 2.5 days and put it in your usual ERs....

Thank you both, I'll try that then!

Edited by Aleoleo

I have some questions wrt. illness and the Ward bsa. that someone in here may be able to reply:

1. If I use Ward on an egg and it gets sick, will it be immune to dying even if I just leave it to get more views, as long as the Ward lasts?

2. If a warded egg gets sick, is the better strategy to hide it (to remove sickness), or just to leave it to hatch?

3. Can a hatchling that cracks from a warded but ill egg get sick and potentially die from sickness?

11 minutes ago, alci said:

I have some questions wrt. illness and the Ward bsa. that someone in here may be able to reply:

1. If I use Ward on an egg and it gets sick, will it be immune to dying even if I just leave it to get more views, as long as the Ward lasts?

2. If a warded egg gets sick, is the better strategy to hide it (to remove sickness), or just to leave it to hatch?

3. Can a hatchling that cracks from a warded but ill egg get sick and potentially die from sickness?

1. Yes but ward only lasts 6 hours and it could immediately die once it wears off.

2. Depends on time left. If a sick egg is capable of hatching I usually try to get it to do so then fog the hatchling. Hatchling are much harder to kill with sickness (but not impossible). If it's too young or really badly sick ie: far too many views too fast maybe fog it anyway and hatch 12-24 hours later.

3. Possibly but much less likely once it hatches.

Edited by DragonLady86

Just want to double check... I can use a cb valentine today to breed a kin and it will cool down again in time to breed on the first day of valentine breeding?  

Thank You @Stromboli

Edited by Tawanda001

How are 2-heads filtered in the encyclopedia?

#Two-headed Dragon does not work, even though that seems to be their official encyclopedia type. I think I tried all other variations like 2-headed, two headed, two head, etc., and haven't stumbled on the right combination, yet.

5 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

How are 2-heads filtered in the encyclopedia?

#Two-headed Dragon does not work, even though that seems to be their official encyclopedia type. I think I tried all other variations like 2-headed, two headed, two head, etc., and haven't stumbled on the right combination, yet.

#twoheadeddragon

I think we've got all the filter tags here: https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Dragon_Encyclopedia#Filters

I have 2 questions:

One is if I worry about a dragon's name being too close to something offensive, is there a place I could ask? I mean my own names not others'. It did happen a few times I wasn't sure and just changed name. I can't recall the names anymore.

Second is I wonder if there's a "name this dragon" thread? I looked around a bit and found nothing, but who knows. I just like naming dragons somedays.

There is this thread for checking names:

I don't recall ever seeing a "name this dragon" sort of thread.

Were you interested in helping other people name their dragons, or are you looking for names for your own dragons?

If you are looking for help, there are some helpful fantasy name generators online and Confused Cat has one that suggests names based on the dragon's code. http://confuseddragons.com/script/name.html

Thank you for the name check thread! It led me to this thread: 

That is rather old. Not sure what to think of it, some places don't like old threads being revived.

I like naming dragons. The name generator is really cool!

Question re dragon descriptions. I tried describing one on 14 Jan. It is in my action log that I submitted a description. I  understand that it has to be approved and that might take some time. But shouldn't there be some visibility on the dragon that I,  at least, can see?

Pretty sure you'll need to turn on the show pending descriptions in the account settings. That, and enough people need to approve the description for it to show up as pending description.

On 2/3/2024 at 4:36 PM, lou-meow said:

That is rather old. Not sure what to think of it, some places don't like old threads being revived.

I like naming dragons. The name generator is really cool!

DC perfers an old thread be revived rather than a duplicate opened. :)

Have the shimmer eggs changed? Their pattern doesn't seem as obvious as before. (Maybe it's my phone...)

On 2/4/2024 at 10:03 AM, Iveolra said:

Pretty sure you'll need to turn on the show pending descriptions in the account settings. That, and enough people need to approve the description for it to show up as pending description.

Thanks.  I have the pending descriptions visibility turned on and I see descriptions marked as "pending approval" on other scrolls.  So I had assumed that would be the case with mine.  Trouble is, unless you make notes outside of DC, how do you know what descriptions you've submitted . . . ?

Edited by LadyMadonna

If you go back into the "describe" action you can see the currently submitted description. Personally, I have a private group that I put my described dragons in so I know which have [pending] descriptions. Additionally, only dragons who have 2 approvals on their pending description will show their description publicly on-page.

Edited by euphoric_poptarts

Ah, thanks.  Yep, I can see what I wrote when I try to describe again.  Just have to remember (or keep notes) of which ones I've submitted ;) .  Useful to know about the need for two peer approvals, thank you.  I've just spent an hour or two reviewing others.  Some are in desperate need of a re-write.  Some clearly done by those for whom English is a foreign language.  And some where I really wish I could make the minor tweak needed, ratther than rejecting.  It's a bit of a thankless task and I reckon should be worth more than one shard that you could easily earn in other ways.  I feel a suggestion coming on . . . ;)

You can say what should be changed, and abstain; the mods will take that into account when they go through things.

2 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

You can say what should be changed, and abstain; the mods will take that into account when they go through things.

Yep, I've been using abstain with comments.  Sometimes even approving with a tiny suggestion.  I'm only rejecting where there are a lot of errors and no space to detail them in the comments.  Thanks, Fuzzbucket.

Do the Xocoatls have a different official name? Because I can’t filter for them on the trading hub and since we can filter for other Valentine breeds, I’m confused. 

3 minutes ago, blah said:

Do the Xocoatls have a different official name? Because I can’t filter for them on the trading hub and since we can filter for other Valentine breeds, I’m confused. 

Have you unlocked them in the encyclopedia? They're showing up for me in the trade hub.

Edited by Diggie