Gruff

What is your current bad luck.

I am working on the 4th generation on a all Nebula checker. Green/blue combo. I want it to be blue, so I influence with a pink for a girl. I have had five red offspring from this pair and not a blue one.

One I had grew to adult hood, one I froze, two others were given to others ... this one I think will be released as a wild dragon cause I don't know what else to do with them anymore.

Edited by Gruff

That time-dependency was introduced in early January, so there was no chance you could have gotten the news during the holiday itself wink.gif

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=165824

So your bad luck was just that your Solstices all happened to have been bred at the wrong time for your plans.

Holy crap, I must have been waaaaaay out of it, then! Either that or I consider it still "holiday" in January- that happens when one's spouse is an academic and always on a school schedule.

I must not even have looked at the adult sprites until the message was posted sad.gif

Edit: Was posted Jan 8, 2014, so I'm not insane! Woo! Woo! (Oh wait, yes I am!)

Edited by toyofubl

Well, wanted to name my Mistletoes intended for a lineage with Silvers after Elsa and Anna from Frozen. (Elsa Christmas and Anna Christmas)

I tried out both names some days ago and both worked, but I had only Mistletoe hatched so far, so I decided to name this little fella "Elsa Christmas". Today I wanted to name the other one and what do I have to see? Somebody already named a baby "Anna Christmas" and it is also a sibling from the one I named Elsa and child of my CB Mistletoe....somebody "stole" my name and also....the dragon named "Anna Christmas" is MALE! mad.gif

Edit: Guess I change names and improvise...

Edited by Yeronoco

....the dragon named "Anna Christmas" is MALE! mad.gif

I guess that's the bad luck of the dragon's owner: they didn't notice on time that Mistletoes are influencable.

Well, wanted to name my Mistletoes intended for a lineage with Silvers after Elsa and Anna from Frozen. (Elsa Christmas and Anna Christmas)

I tried out both names some days ago and both worked, but I had only Mistletoe hatched so far, so I decided to name this little fella "Elsa Christmas". Today I wanted to name the other one and what do I have to see? Somebody already named a baby "Anna Christmas" and it is also a sibling from the one I named Elsa and child of my CB Mistletoe....somebody "stole" my name and also....the dragon named "Anna Christmas" is MALE! mad.gif

Edit: Guess I change names and improvise...

With the rename function, you can use "spare" dragons or hatchies to save names while you're waiting for something to hatch/be bred/grow up. Saves a lot of heartache!

I guess that's the bad luck of the dragon's owner: they didn't notice on time that Mistletoes are influencable.

They seem to have noticed. Now the dragon's name is "Kristoff Christmas". I quickly named my dragons just as planned biggrin.gif

With the rename function, you can use "spare" dragons or hatchies to save names while you're waiting for something to hatch/be bred/grow up.  Saves a lot of heartache!

Yeah, I know that, but I didn't think it would be necessary...well at least now I have the names I wanted for my Mistletoes. This never happens to me again rolleyes.gif

Still no luck in catching more CB Metals, though. I was able to catch some several years ago, but now I don't even get to see a single one unsure.gif

I still haven't managed to get a 2G mistletoe or a 2G wrapping-wing and now I'm egg-locked >_< Happy with the ones I do have though and the event is really cool!

Caught someone's auto'ed egg last night and PM'ed them to return it, but as of yet it's still sitting on my scroll taking up an egg slot. sad.gif Never mind, it's safely home again now! :3 Edited by Amazon_warrior

Didn't know mistletoes could go either gender until it was too late. My 2gen mistletoe with radiant angel gendered wrong and I hate myself.

My bad luck is trying to find Hollies with decent lineages - so far they've all been pretty dismal. Sure confounds me why people make such butt-ugly lineages. Someone in the Xmas thread said it was a 'protest against those who love lineages' - so I feel I have the right to protest their fugly lineages.

Try the trading threads or lurk around the Community Departure thread - they can often drop good things there.

Bad luck? Well... it is half bad and half good... I was looking for Solstices for freezing into hatchies... an S1 and S2... The pickings were low so I grabbed what I could when one would magically appear... I finally got two eggs, but seeing the lineage of one... I can't freeze it! The lineage must continue! *Loyal/determined*

Eh... maybe I'll get my S1 Solstice hatchie next year. xd.png

My bad luck is trying to find Hollies with decent lineages - so far they've all been pretty dismal. Sure confounds me why people make such butt-ugly lineages. Someone in the Xmas thread said it was a 'protest against those who love lineages' - so I feel I have the right to protest their fugly lineages.

I hear ya. Sadly it seems the hideous lineages far outweigh the good ones this year. According to my encyclopedia, I've picked up about 70 mistletoe eggs and I've found only one worth keeping. I don't wanna know how many holly eggs I've gone through rolleyes.gif There are so many pretty mistletoe pairings, but I can't find any. I usually catch eggs in the AP and breed my own for mates after the holiday. Guess I'll just breed and keep my own eggs this year rather than breed for the AP.

But yeah, watch the departure threads. I gifted 7 stair and spiral hollies there the past two days and I picked up a gorgeous one there last night.

I can't find the third gen Winter Magi x Gold I need for my checker, been stalking the AP for one pretty much all week.

Can't get any trade offers for the stuff I'd like because everyone and their dog is gunning for Hollies ...

Mistletoes gendered wrong since I didn't get the memo until too late, and now my AP Solstice catches both turned to blue wings. This is turning into a whole year of lineages I won't be able to continue, lol...

I hear ya on the mistletoes, had to do a couple of them over again and still need one more. It's put me behind schedule too.

Bad luck in not being able to find a solstice x pillow checker anyone wants to trade for either. Have a lovely alt solstice checker who isn't going to get a mate until next year from the look of it.

So I caught an awesome 4g Autumn x Tricolor Snow Angel checker last year. In hopes of continuing it this year, I traded for a 2g from the same type of line, hoping to at least get a 3G going. So then, just now, I went back to look at the 4g and...

http://dragcave.net/lineage/tfXs3

Inbred on the mothers side. I never noticed. Super disappointing, kinda wanna annoyance kill it now. All that enthusiasm for nothing. :/ and the noninbred side doesn't have the owners name showing so I can't even ask for just that part.

Cannot seem to find any 2nd gen. Snow Angels with a Tri-Colored Parent with a common dragon as a mate. dry.gif

I keep catching dragons that have low numbers (Ex: 2 or 3/ II or III) in their names, so I think, "Oh cool, a 2nd or 3rd gen!" But nope, they end up being gigantic messy lineages instead. tongue.gif

My 3g holly misgendered and I was so excited... it was my first 3g and I realllyy wanted to have a clean stair and I probably won't be able to trade for another one unless I get really lucky next year.. it's even the lineage that I love [holly x winter] sad.gif

Edited by dragonstar

I didn't realize the Mistletoes could do either gender either *sigh* next year to start the pretty lineages... males only so far *pout*

I didn't realize the Mistletoes could do either gender either *sigh* next year to start the pretty lineages... males only so far *pout*

Me too... I found out about it just now, went back to check on my mistletoes and both of my 2nd gens misgendered dry.gif

Edited by Stormpaws

I've been on the Winter Magi list for a 2G from Gold on Breeding, Gifting all week, and I've been obsessively stalking the AP, but no luck. sad.gif I got a Gold of the same lineage from Breeding, Gifting earlier this year and I was really hoping I could get her a mate. With only a few hours of breeding left, I doubt it's gonna happen.

Nevermind! Just minutes after posting I got two offers of eggs from kind individuals who read my post. wub.gif Thank you Siliskor and DragoonEagle!

Edited by Sylph264