Gruff

What is your current bad luck.

I had a matched pair of Pyropes I was going to give away in the departures thread, but the second I unfogged them the little buggers grew up. dry.gif

Wanting to accept an offer on a trade, but the other trader is locked. And they have a hidden scroll and no forum account. :/

...the 2G holly I spent so much time trying to get..

It's gone from my scroll. I accidentally abandoned the wrong holly. I am almost crying because I spent almost all my break on DC trying to get a 2G holly...

She just refused him... was so excited to create an alternating checker sad.gif

At least they can produce holiday offspring. Currently on the scramble hoping to find any Almandine x Mistletoe stragglers, but I don't think that's a very common pairing unfortunately :/

This has less to do with eggs and more to do with the Christmas game...

I did Day 8 after checking my eggs. It was fun and particularly easy for me since I am good with puzzle games. Then the glitch with the Naughty and Nice options happened. I picked Nice only to get the Naughty ending. Day Complete.

I check the board and saw many others who played wound up with the same thing happening to them.

Odeen comes along to fix the problem where their results are switched to being how they should be minus the Nice still have the watch in their inventory and the Naughty don't.

It got my hopes up. Bull.

Later I see comments by others being able to restart Day 8 completely over so their result can be correct.

I got my hopes up. Bull.

Someone emails me giving suggestions on how she was able to restart a day by using a method.

I got my hopes up. Bull.

I see again many hours later more reports of their results having been changed despite the glitch screwing their answers.

I check my game in hopes again. censorkip.gif it.

Is there anyone else who played Day 8 when the glitch was going on and didn't get their result fixed? I feel so alone on this... sad.gif

GAH! What was a perfect Thuwed spiral Holly was totally wrecked by being bred to a mess of a Copper line! Whyohwhyohwhyoh!?

Bred her for him. Refused. sad.gif

Bred her for this AP find. Refused. sad.gif

Guess they'll have mates next Christmas at least, but darn, but my CB Solstice breedings turned out to be for refusals.

Was able to breed him and was hoping he would be a good mate for her. Of course, they refused! dry.gif

(But I should be able to breed them next year during the holiday. That's some lemonade. wink.gif)

Still have not found proper holiday future mates for:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/IRtQz,

https://dragcave.net/lineage/HcWrV,

https://dragcave.net/lineage/XGHR6,

https://dragcave.net/lineage/XAoc4,

https://dragcave.net/lineage/fhmkd or

https://dragcave.net/lineage/e44eF, I really wanted a mate for her.

These are all mates I can not breed for myself, and the odds of finding them this year are falling now, especially since I'm egg-locked until tomorrow. sad.gif

Looks like this will be my 5th year of not catching a 2nd gen Holly. One of these years I'll learn to give up. rolleyes.giflaugh.gif

@Riverwillows: Congrats on your Holly!

Edited by Nicola

I only got one cause I started bugging a guy who had a CB back in June....lol....just gotta keep trying hon!!! Took me almost 8 years!!!

Edited by Riverwillows

The clutch of eggs I've been stalking for a mate for her will be hitting the AP while I'm on a 6 hour drive home. Curses! My favorite pairing wil go unmated another year.

If anyone find the 4th gen WM x RC from Arella's Festive King, I will find a way to pay you back!

Edited by Gryphonic

They refused. As I have no CB Golds (or CB Solstices), that means I'll have to trade for another 2G.

No, it doesn't. You can re-breed them during the next Christmas breeding season. (If you want a mate before then, I can always breed you one. smile.gif)

As to "bad luck:" all my trades are taking forever to wrap up.

I guess it's "bad luck" that I missed the memo on Mistletoes. I took for granted that, just like every other Christmas dragon except Hollys, they would be one gender only. Now I have a USELESS 2nd gen because it's male. mad.gif I can't get a replacement for it now. dry.gif Seems like every time I come back to play, something happens that drains any happiness I used to get from Dragon Cave away.

Edited by Allspice

Another Christmas breeding and no 2nd gen Holly for me. tongue.gif On the bright side, when I do finally manage to get one it'll be that much more exciting.

No, it doesn't. You can re-breed them during the next Christmas breeding season. (If you want a mate before then, I can always breed you one. smile.gif)

As to "bad luck:" all my trades are taking forever to wrap up.

Well, they will only give me a Solstice then. Thanks a lot for your offer, another kind person has already promised to breed me a mate. smile.gif

I'm having the worst Holiday luck... yet another one of my dragons misgendered. It being male makes it utterly useless sad.gif I wish my Mistletoe and Holly could swap genders because having them both misgender sucks. My 3g Holly now can't produce nice 4gs for me to gift next year, and my Mistletoe from Wrapping Wing has no mate if it's male.

Edited by dragonstar

That Canopy has been sitting on my scroll for years without a perfect mate, and now they refuse? ... mad.gif

At least they can breed next year, but I really wanted to send some nicely lineaged Canopies to the AP. A refusal is not what I wanted to get from my only CB Snow Angel's breeding. rolleyes.gif

A Chronos popped up in the AP just as I took a drink of my soda, so I missed it. Booooo. xd.png

This little jerk waited something like 5 hours to hatch just so I could have yet another Sunset dragon. It could've hatched when I picked it up at 12-something pm (cave time) but chose to wait until 6pm.

Is this a thing I'm just not aware of? Do Sunrise/Sunset eggs purposefully wait to hatch after a certain amount of time? This happens to me all the time. Curse you, time zones. D:

This little jerk waited something like 5 hours to hatch just so I could have yet another Sunset dragon. It could've hatched when I picked it up at 12-something pm (cave time) but chose to wait until 6pm.

Is this a thing I'm just not aware of? Do Sunrise/Sunset eggs purposefully wait to hatch after a certain amount of time? This happens to me all the time. Curse you, time zones. D:

Yes, they only hatch in specific windows.

i'm three for three with post-holiday refusals. two can have the common mate re-bred and i did have the foresight to get a back up for the one that can't (knock on wood, since i only got one back up). but wow is this discouraging!