Gruff

What is your current bad luck.

Having some mixed feelings on how to influence my vine egg. I need more male 2nd gen regulars, but also my first 2nd gen pb female alt. I chose female. Another extra is no big deal in a growing collection.

Currently in the process of a lineage project working with gemshards, which is just bleh, as you can probably imagine. xd.png

I just need a CB male red. The last time I got a male red was in march...of last year. >.>

My vampire bit an egg with a cool code and killed it. Now I'm egg-locked for 24 hours. dry.gif

My friends were nice enough to help me with my themed project, yet somehow I just got totally scroll locked xd.png Now I'm like - should I abandon this really nice pink/cheese/paper/whatever egg in order to hold another hatchi, or should I just wait??? I feel so bad even though my friend was like it's okay....

Trading. Who'd a thought a simple little bloodswap would be such a pita? dry.gif

sigh...

Edit: and I was camped out, refreshing over a Fire Gem in Volcano, and missed a Gold under it. Bah!

Congrats to somebody with faster reflexes/connection!

Edited by Gryphonic

Another CB Gold breeding cycle with no success for breeding a 2nd gen Gold so I can breed a mate for him I've been trying since Sept. more than half a yr. I only have 2 unrelated Golds to try getting a mate from. Wish people would mass breed Tangars instead of the Mints clogging the ap, might increase my chance for breeding a Gold. rolleyes.gif

Just bred some Tangars, 18 breedings yielded half as many Tangar eggs. I only did proven pairs because, and here's my bad luck:

I actually ran out of Purples! rolleyes.gif Never thought this could happen with my collection xd.png

the double-cousin (I keep opposite sex versions of the same grandparent pairs) of an alt I got earlier alted as well. It comes off like a humblebrag and I did build in my own silver lining, but it is still a little setback because I take greater pride in the lineages the closer I get to building them from scratch. It's like a prize for having patience and sustained effort.

I just discovered that I had logged a trihorn as CB when it's not, and somehow didn't check until I went to influence the grandkid. Now I have to raise a CB and redo two generations. Drat. dry.gif

Edited by Gryphonic

As I'm filling my spreadsheet in, I've noticed... my April Fool's Balloon misgendered despite influencing. And so did the right-side-up Mint. This means all of them are females, therefore cannot breed. Brb screaming

Had two green Fire Gems I wanted to breed to two Tetras. *Both* pairs refused. Aaaahhhh!

* The horrible feeling when my project dragon refuses her mate *

This is like the seventh (pretty sure it's above 5) refusal I had for this project. And I'm still on Gen 2. AGHHHHHH

No matter how many reds I get, I never have enough incubates to last/stagger throughout the whole two weeks.

No matter how many reds I get, I never have enough incubates to last/stagger throughout the whole two weeks.

Did some math, so here.

If ALL your eggs are cave born, it takes 2 days to refresh for another 7 eggs, which means that in the 14 days interval, you'll have in total 49 eggs so 50 reds would be needed

But then there're also gifted and AP eggs, which take far less time; sometimes AP dragons would be even incuhatchable, meaning you don't even need to wait. If I try to average them out and assume it take 1 day to hatch any eggs, you'll need around 100 reds.

Of course if you take more AP eggs you'll probably need more reds, so 150 should be a safe amount.

(And I only had 38.......)

Therefore - let's get as many reds as possible!

CURRENT BAD LUCK:I NEED MORE EGG SLOT RAWGHHHH

Edited by IOU

Did some math, so here.

If ALL your eggs are cave born, it takes 2 days to refresh for another 7 eggs, which means that in the 14 days interval, you'll have in total 49 eggs so 50 reds would be needed

But then there're also gifted and AP eggs, which take far less time; sometimes AP dragons would be even incuhatchable, meaning you don't even need to wait. If I try to average them out and assume it take 1 day to hatch any eggs, you'll need around 100 reds.

Of course if you take more AP eggs you'll probably need more reds, so 150 should be a safe amount.

(And I only had 38.......)

Therefore - let's get as many reds as possible!

CURRENT BAD LUCK:I NEED MORE EGG SLOT RAWGHHHH

I think I have 36 adult reds here. The AP being full of incuhatchables is ever so tempting. I keep collecting more reds, but I'm starting to think no amount of incubates will be enough to sate my desire to hatch everything ASAP.

The true bad luck: there is no platinum trophy/8th slot to look forward to. (yet...)

Man, SERIOUSLY! The parents of this: https://dragcave.net/progeny/DiG7h need some serious spanking! Why do they keep giving Nebbies or "no interest" when I need a golden Lunar?! What do they think how often golden Lunars can even be produced?!

Edited by Ruby Eyes

In the process of Festival of Eggs-hunting (and just regular egg-hunting), I have missed: an Aeon, a Magma, and a Lunar Herald.

Asked for a bloodswap for a lineage - traded for an ungendered hatchie and it gendered incorrectly.

Last time I make the mistake of trusting without precog, yikesss. rolleyes.gif

Edited by coo_

Missed a copper because I was once again lazily flipping through biomes, not ready to click or stop flipping because I didn't expect to find anything of worth. rolleyes.gif