Gruff

What is your current bad luck.

Statistics question: did you use Fertilize on them? If you did, that would mean a special refusal mechanic like Turpentines have. If not, you should get more Purples smile.gif

I almost never use the bsa, unless attempting to breed rares and metals ^^"

Statistics question: did you use Fertilize on them? If you did, that would mean a special refusal mechanic like Turpentines have. If not, you should get more Purples smile.gif

Why so? From what I know, it only reduces refusal chance, not rules it out completely? I do have purples but the page to implement that is a pain so I just roll with the risk. :'/ Even without purple, 3/6 refusal is kinda crazy.

Current bad luck: hatching without influence as usual for new release, but genderswaps have not been easy.

Edited by Amaterasu-sama

Why so? From what I know, it only reduces refusal chance, not rules it out completely? I do have purples but the page to implement that is a pain so I just roll with the risk. :'/ Even without purple, 3/6 refusal is kinda crazy.

Well, since Fertilize was changed, so far I have seen refusals reported only for the following cases:

- holiday/holiday pairs (aka cannot produce outside holiday)

- holiday/GoN pairs where the holiday is of neutral alignment (aka cannot produce outside holiday)

- holiday/non-holiday pairs that already had refused before

- turpentines

- non-fertilized pairs

When someone reports a refusal, I'm always asking if they used Fertility, and so far, ALL refusals were one of the 5 cases above. I'm still waiting for someone reporting a refusal despite Fertility for non-holiday non-Turpentine dragons. Hence my wild conclusion. rolleyes.gif

Well, since Fertilize was changed, so far I have seen refusals reported only for the following cases:

- holiday/holiday pairs (aka cannot produce outside holiday)

- holiday/GoN pairs where the holiday is of neutral alignment (aka cannot produce outside holiday)

- holiday/non-holiday pairs that already had refused before

- turpentines

- non-fertilized pairs

When someone reports a refusal, I'm always asking if they used Fertility, and so far, ALL refusals were one of the 5 cases above. I'm still waiting for someone reporting a refusal despite Fertility for non-holiday non-Turpentine dragons. Hence my wild conclusion. rolleyes.gif

That is very interesting. Since my draguns are so trigger happy in showing me the refusal card, I will now use fertility for all and see if any of them refuses. Will let you know. wink.gif

Sounds good ^^

Now, I have waited for the green Fire Gem dropping hour, managed to arrive at the :05 drop, and, thanks to slow page-loading, I caught a Lunar Herald and a Stone instead. Hooray, egglocked.

edit: and my Vamp kills the Stone instead of turning it (was hoping for a repulse).

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Wait, what? Turpentines have a special refusal mechanic? What is different?

On topic, out of my eight uninfluenced Tetras, seven gendered male and one female. rolleyes.gif I guess I should have influenced, but I figured with 50/50 odds they'd come out 4-4, maybe 5-3 or even 6-2 if I was unlucky. 7-1 is very bad luck, though. Like flipping a coin 8 times and getting 7 heads, it's highly unlikely. I guess it could be worse, since at least I have one female. Time to catch some more!

On topic, out of my eight uninfluenced Tetras, seven gendered male and one female. rolleyes.gif I guess I should have influenced, but I figured with 50/50 odds they'd come out 4-4, maybe 5-3 or even 6-2 if I was unlucky. 7-1 is very bad luck, though. Like flipping a coin 8 times and getting 7 heads, it's highly unlikely. I guess it could be worse, since at least I have one female. Time to catch some more!

You could try swapping pairings around, maybe? With Fertility, this time.

They have a higher chance at refusals when bred outside of their comfort zone, supposedly. Not sure if anything (or how much) changed since their introduction, but there was even a data collection thread on that:

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=136016

and as far as I can tell, the new Fertility doesn't override the Turps' special pickiness.

Nuts. I may have missed the light Lumina breeding window for an egg I'm trying to trade for...

Nuts. I may have missed the light Lumina breeding window for an egg I'm trying to trade for...

Next would be middle of indigo Lunar time, most likely smile.gif

My bad luck: Picked a plum from the fruit basket here in office. It was rather sour. tongue.gif

I'm trying to get blue Fire Gem as it's time for them in the volcano. In last drop there was an egg with description "This egg is very reflective, almost metallic-looking." - I refreshed page twice before it dissapeared from cave - after this I checked description because I didn't remember it, and well, it was first CB gold I saw in DC since I started playing...

Maybe next time I at least will try to click it - I know I had little chance to get it but without clicking it's certainly harder to get laugh.gif

None of my rares are producing eggs. Normally they give me at least one or two, but none? Does this always happen after a big release? I really need to start paying attention to that. dry.gif

The last 5-min drop in the volcano seemed to only have 2 eggs in it. I did not know that was possible. I have a reasonably good connection and was refreshing pretty quickly, so I don't think I missed it. Never seen that before.

I haven't done much, so I'd say that my bad luck would be my very young eggs getting sick a bunch.

I haven't done much, so I'd say that my bad luck would be my very young eggs getting sick a bunch.

Your eggs are likely getting sick because you're getting them views too soon. Generally, you'd want to wait at least 24 hours before putting new eggs into hatcheries, they're a little tougher by then. Lower time eggs from the AP shouldn't have that problem, and can usually be added to hatcheries right away.

Edited by prpldrgnfr

Stupid Vamp, you were *not* supposed to kill this egg. dry.gif

None of my rares are producing eggs. Normally they give me at least one or two, but none? Does this always happen after a big release? I really need to start paying attention to that. dry.gif

Same for me. In the last days I bred about 10 golds/silvers who didn't produce an egg (well, not really surprised) and 7 coppers bred with holiday mates didn't produce a single egg too

Same for me. In the last days I bred about 10 golds/silvers who didn't produce an egg (well, not really surprised) and 7 coppers bred with holiday mates didn't produce a single egg too

Huh, I usually find the opposite! Immediately and shortly after a holiday or new release I tend to suddenly have more successful breedings than I can easily juggle.

Totally self-inflicted bad luck, but it's just occurred to me that getting so AP happy the other day means I'm soon to be hatchie locked. Darn it. All those delicious low time CB commons will be filling up my scroll goals so I can't bring myself to drop them, but I'm also itching to fill up on more fire gems. dry.gif

Edited by shopfront