TJ09

2015-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 9th Birthday

The wait for adults is the most agonising part of a release.

Having been in both places, I can tell you waiting for folks' reactions to the adults is actually far scarier.

Having been in both places, I can tell you waiting for folks' reactions to the adults is actually far scarier.

That makes sense actually /v\

For those who didn't make the dragons, the wait for adults is the most agonising part of a release.

*noms cornflakes*

So glad my timezone makes new-adults-time be a sensible waking time.

Has there ever been a bad reaction to adult sprites? DC's standards are pretty high, we've got awesome spriters happy.gif

C'mon, everybody loves Charizards.

Right?

EDIT:

*noms cornflakes*

So glad my timezone makes new-adults-time be a sensible waking time.

Has there ever been a bad reaction to adult sprites? DC's standards are pretty high, we've got awesome spriters happy.gif

I don't think there's ever been an overwhelmingly negative reaction, but there's always that small group of people who don't care for them (or actively dislike them).

Edited by The_Bucket

I want to see the dragons… but my resolve is weakening… my determination crumbling as tiredness overtakes me… I need motivation! Gotta think of the dragons!

Edit: I can't do it, bye guys

Edited by Niyaka

Odd, but somehow I think the new releases are affecting the other biome egg refreshes. Every now and then, another biome only has 1-2 eggs and sometimes even no eggs at all. I've only seen this in the volcano so far but I'm not sure if the new release is triggering this.

At 1:10 am DC Time, there was only a brimstone egg in the volcano. At 1:15 DC Time there was only one other egg added with the brimstone.

Is this a glitch or bug of some sort, or am I just being awkward?

Oh sweet summer child.

Yeah. Actually yes. Hence the anxiousness.

Here's to hoping, though!

*Stares at the hatchie timers* Turn to 4 days. Turn to 4 days. I want to see what you look like as adults!

Yep, definitely staying awake for a while longer. I'm too eager to find out what the adults look like to sleep and patiently wait until morning.

It'll be about 20 past I think the first ones grow up.

*bounces excitedly*

*hopes also for excellent reactions*

Oh sweet summer child.

Yeah. Actually yes. Hence the anxiousness.

Here's to hoping, though!

Do you mind if I ask which? o.o I find that difficult to imagine.

Here the Drakes are! Nice! Love the pose on the Hooktalon.

Bumping my predictions before the others grow up:

My current predictions on the dragons:

The pygmy looks like a birthday candle. That would make perfect sense. As for the name, not sure. 'Flame' something? Too wide of a range to really say.

The two-headed one looks like a puppy. 'Hellhound' falls into the right range, and honestly would fit the description of the dragon quite well.

The drake(?) is much more narrowable. Gray-Green. That means unless it is Graz, Grb, Grc, or Grd, it has to be Gre. Grea, Greb, Grec, Gred, and Gree, but only insofar as the last letter of Gree is less than n. Great-something seems most likely. Greed fits in there, but it seems unlikely.

All random guesses.

Was right about 'Great'. Totally wrong about the Hooktalons. And wrong about the Magelights, too! The hatchies really did look like candles. Melting and everything.

Edited by The_Bucket

Greater Spotted Drake adults, but still staring at the others!

Edit: And Hooktalon Dragons!

Edited by harlequinraven

"Greater Spotted Drakes" Cool, i like the design!

Hooktalons look fantastic too!!

and Pygmies look good as well!

Edited by _DJ_ Blaze

The rosettes on the drakes have spread out nicely in the adult :3 Can see the green properly now smile.gif

We were way off on the two-headeds' name tongue.gif Nice bright sprite, the red a lot of people were hoping for.

*pokes pygmy to catch up*

I'm most excited for the pygmy, why so slow? tongue.gif

edit: and it caught up :3 so cute, and the wyvern I'd hoped it would be biggrin.gif

Edited by ObsessedWithCats

Ooooooooh the Hooktalons are majestic! Probably my favourite two-headed breed now??

And the Spotted Drakes are nice and unique by drake standards. Purdy horns. Nice shoulders. Pretty spots. Time to see what drakes they go well with.

Magelight Pygmies! They're adorable <3 They continue to make me think of a super-special charizard. It's that flame on their tail.

Edited by rampaging wyvern

OH MY GODDDD THE HOOKTALONS AND MAGELIGHTS OMG OMG OMG

The Spotteds aren't half-bad either, but they don't make me go OMGYAY like the other two do. Still, an excellent release and very worthy of the birthday! I love that the Magelights are wyverns, and the gorgeous wings on the Hooktalons! (I also note that the Hooktalons are matriarchal - did someone see a certain thread a bit back or is it a coincidence? xd.png)

Cool adults! I like something about all of them, but can't decide if the Hooktalons or Magelights are my favorites. Kinda sad that I can't breed any of these to Sweetlings, but I'll be doing PBs with them anyway.

Ok I am liking the adults so far, love the bright red of the two-head and the pure spots on the drake. The pygmies are cute no matter what they look like. Thank you spriters and TJ for this release. biggrin.gif

They're ok. Not something I'll collect extensively though.

I do think the Two Headed looks fine though.

(I also note that the Hooktalons are matriarchal - did someone see a certain thread a bit back or is it a coincidence? xd.png)

It's coincidence: the hooktalons have been around longer than that thread.

It's coincidence: the hooktalons have been around longer than that thread.

I wasn't actually expecting an answer, but thanks for taking the time to inform me! That's really funny, then. xd.png I hope the OP of that thread likes the Hooktalons! (I sure do, it's lovely, OMG the wiiiiings)