Thanks to the sprinters and TJ!

o_o

the sprinters and TJ!

ಠ_ಠ

the sprinters

user posted image

ಠᴗಠ

Kickass.

Just showed the new adults to my housemate the pygmy hoarder. He loves the new bright green additions to his pygmy collection. biggrin.gif

o_o

ಠ_ಠ

user posted image

ಠᴗಠ

Kickass.

LOLXD

Also is it just me or are the eggs suddenly really easy to get now? o.o

MMMMmmmm the male Hooktalon oh goodness yes

Odeen did you design them to go nicely with the Bloodscales deliberately or is it just a beautiful coincidence? (Another one? xd.png)

*stares hard at remaining Magelight* Grow up darn you I need to see youuuu

I'm not a huge fan of two-headed dragons, but these are very lovely. The red is gorgeous. Thank you, Odeen! The rosette is a nice looking dragon, but the head pose I am none too certain of. Thank you, JOTB! And Marri, I don't know what you were so worried about- those beautiful little pygmies are perfect! That green is amazing, and while I haven't seen the female adult pose, yet, I'm sure it will be just as proud as the male's. Thank you for these!

Happy B-Day, DC, and here's to at least 9 more years!

Yaaay! Just got up to find they're back and caught more beauties! biggrin.gif

Thank you, TJ!

MMMMmmmm the male Hooktalon oh goodness yes

Odeen did you design them to go nicely with the Bloodscales deliberately or is it just a beautiful coincidence? (Another one? xd.png)

*stares hard at remaining Magelight* Grow up darn you I need to see youuuu

<Odie> i literally made hooktalons for bloodscales

<Odie> they are meant for each other

-earlier tonight in the IRC

Yay, finally been able to catch some eggs also! smile.gif Thanks...much better like this now smile.gif

The adults look absolutely wonderful, and there are going to be a good many Bloodscale x Hooktalon checkers from me. biggrin.gif Definitely my favourite from the Birthday releases!

Thanks Marri! OMG I knew it! They look too perfect together for that not to be true. biggrin.gif And Marri BTW I agree with the others, you had nothing to worry about, the Magelights are perfect. They give me a Halloweenly vibe for some reason, hence my urge to pair them with Dark Mysts and Pumpkins. biggrin.gif

Oooh... in fact, I have a PB G2 Pumpkin... I could do a G2 PB Magelight and then breed them for a mega-checker. Yay! Found a way to breed them with Pumpkins on my own scroll!

Edited by Lurhstaap

Was most excited for the two-headeds, but now that I see them... I'm not all that wild for the sprites. Her fat belly and closest hind leg look odd, and the one hand gets lost in the position it's in. The big claw on the same hand matches up with the neckline, so it took me a minute to realize that wasn't the neck's coloring. Something about her wings too-- I guess the membrane looks really short near the elbow.

The male is better, but again the one hand looks a little off. It almost looks like each head controls their respective arm, so they're kind of in the middle of doing different things. It'd be sort of endearing if that were the case. I'm sure I'll get venomous glares for bringing this up, but I do wonder if the whole "female lashes out violently at the males" trait would be given the greenlight if it the sexes were switched. It doesn't bother me, just makes me raise an eyebrow in thought. I like their head horn/crests.

The Greater Spotteds are okay... the furthest hind leg looks over-extended where it is, the wing membranes look rather short and inflexible (can't imagine they'd fly), and something about the shading doesn't match up perfectly with the body. Maybe it's an optical illusion with the spots. I like its head shape, almost amphibian.

The pygmy is okay, as well. The wing membranes and body color kind of blend in together, so I can't tell for sure if the male sprite's chest really is that thick and boxy looking. It makes the wing bones look a lot more thing and fragile then they probably are. The head frill things don't do anything for me, but I like the green color chosen.

Great sprites, thanks for giving us more pygmies/drakes and two-headed dragons. Though I wouldn't mind more. Much more biggrin.gif

I would pair Hooktalons with green Opals.

I'm not a huge fan of green x red breedings in most cases except when they're meant to be Christmassy, personally. But I think they look really classy with the blue Opal/Lindwurm. biggrin.gif Either way the two species pair quite nicely. Second-best pairing for Hooktalons after Bloodscales IMO. I also think they might look pretty good with Duotones, though not as good as the other two. I don't really like them with originals, personally.

Edited by Lurhstaap

Not really a fan of the female Hooktalon sprite. The color is great though.

Really liking the Magelight. *pokes other hatchie* grow you.

I'll admit, I hate the pygmies now. I don't like wyverns in the first place and their head is weird, the horns are shaped oddly and the beak is too avian. The two-heads? Male looks great, the female looks awkward, her stomach is hard to make out with her legs, and it makes her look splayed or box-shaped. The drakes are fine, though.

So yeah, I think that means I'm half severely disappointed because I really don't like half the sprites. I'm really annoyed about the pygmies, because the hatchlings are great. The adults ruined it.

Edited by BlindWolf

Great to see the biomes filled with the new release eggs; their earlier scarcity must have been a glitch. And I caught 3 more pygmies, gotta love those burning tails. tongue.gif

The other breeds look good as well, I may actually start breeding drakes for the first time. smile.gif

Thanks again to everyone involved for bringing three underrepresented species to the cave!

Edited by walkinslow

I really like the pygmies' coloring and concept! smile.gif Has there been any additional info about them from the spriter? Like, we've got the concept, but how are their preferred food, social structure, etc.?

Edited by Ripan

The Spotted Drakes, with their deceptively subdued colour scheme, are probably my favourite of the lot. Kudos to all three spriters though - the new dragons are all very lovely.

OOOOO, too tired to see straight right now, but love ALL of the colours on ALL of the dragons - and the Charizard only WISHES it was as a tenth as cute as the male Pygmy!

I'm trying to wait up for the adult female Pygmy, who may have grown up by now, but really too tired to be typing, lol.

I am going to breed my Greater Spotteds with Howlers. As soon as I can. And make a mirror lineage out if it. (might try ochre drakes too.)