TJ09

2015-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 9th Birthday

Hmm, I like all the new dragons but the especially the spotted drakes - they are quite charming.

To each their own!

Why are people only supposed to keep their "negativity" to themselves? Why is there this tendency of only allowing positive comments on artistic creations? I see this not only on Dragon Cave. Why are dozens of not very constructive comments in the style of "OMG I love it!!!111" legitimate and someone stating "I hate them, their head is weird, the horns ..." is told to keep their opinion to themselves? Apart from the fact that I find this much more constructive than the generic "yay you're awesome", why are we only allowed to give the artists positive feedback? How can someone improve their work when they are always only told that it is "awesome"?

I'm not defending true haters here, but there is a difference between unfair bashing and an honest, blunt negative opinion.

Besides that, for me the dragons are not "OMG awesome" for me, but I like the Pygmies, I think they'll fit well to Pumpkins on Halloween. The Two-Headeds also look fine, just the Drakes are a bit boring to me. But I'll collect them anyways (because this is a collection game and I'll always collect all dragons, even if I don't like them. So much about that).

I have a problem with the wording.

Phrases like "I hate" "it's ruined" and so on are not OK in my book.

Critique with "I dislike because" or "XY doesn't work for me" is absolutely fine. And they are honest and blunt as well.

And with that I shall walk out of this argument.

I really LOVE the Pygmies and the printing on the green ones look like from a jungle cat. Awesome!

Managed to get all of them in less than 15 minutes xd.png

procedure for observing opinion you consider rude:

think 'wow that's mean'

post your own positive feedback

report it if you think it goes that far

move on

No one's going to change anyone's mind here, there's no sense arguing.

You have just did the opposite of what your stated as your procedure unsure.gif

Personally, I'm not going to let a bunch of people who can't even create sprites themselves disrespect the artists here. I think DragonCave is a brilliant community as a whole but then you get the ungrateful ones who expect perfection in terms of their own personal preferences. Most of the people who are claiming to dislike the sprites are happy enough to collect them which is highly hypocritical.

Keep verbally bashing the artists and let them feel unappreciated, eventually, some will just give up altogether and we could all thank the people who felt the need to cast their negative opinions. Hopefully the artists will appreciate that most of the community here have respect and will stick around to share their talent.

Don't be a hater, especially when you can't comprehend what sprite art consists of wink.gif

Edited by Sinion Kabe

I have a problem with the wording.

Fine. But should your problem be everyone else's problem? Should people censor their views /words to satisfy you at all times, everywhere and anywhere? That seems to be the message I get from some here.

Personally, I don't have one iota of a problem with how anyone worded their views here today. Nobody was saying that the artists suck, that they shouldn't ever create another dragon. Nobody was saying that the dragons were flat out crap. These artists have created countless wicked cool dragons. That doesn't mean that EVERY dragon that EVERY artist puts out there will be well received and loved.

I don't hate any dragon. I don't even really dislike the two head that much as a whole. I just don't gel with certain aspects of it. Big deal. I mean, really... >_<

Personally, I'm not going to let a bunch of people who can't even create sprites themselves disrespect the artists here.

You're not going to 'let'.... Who are you again? Nobody 'disrespected' the artists here, some people simply didn't like this or that about these particular dragons, or didn't like one or more of these particular dragons. So what? If any artist here thinks they'll ALWAYS be able to please everyone, and that everyone SHOULD love everything they do, they're living in a fantasy.

-removed comment-

Edited by rubyshoes

I wanted to comment on some things I saw in this thread: firstly, rare non-dragons. Generally, I have enough of rares, they frustrate me. But in this case I would make an exception, since breedable non-dragons are under-appreciated. Besides the metal pygmy concept looks amazing. So.

On the Hooktalon underbelly - I love this. It is very realistic, did you notice how many lizards have this soft underbelly? Besides the dragon looks um well fed, which I happen to find adorable.

The female pygmy sprite looks great, I'm trying to find a mate but uh, few choices there. Maybe the Seawyrm?

The complaining just seems to get worse and worse with every release or change that is made to the site. Seriously, can't we all just be nice and get along?? If you don't like a dragon, don't have it on your scroll. There is no need for saying negative things. People work hard to make these dragon sprites and they are proud of their accomplishments. I am super appreciative that they take the time to make these gorgeous sprites so we are all able to have them on our scroll. Negativity is only going to cause problems, so honestly, just hold back. Yes, everyone has a right to their own opinion, but everyone should be decent enough to use tact when they are making comments. You are not always going to like something. You are not always going to be able to catch every dragon. Just be happy that we have the site to be able to collect dragons, and one where we can interact with others.

With that being said, I love these new adult sprites, particularly the Greater Spotted Drakes, which I think would look amazing with Hollys. The Pygmy colors are positively fantastic and I cannot wait to make a lineage with them. As for the two-headed, I love the colors and the poses. We needed more two-heads and Pygmys, so thank you so much for giving us these gems! And green dragons... we ALWAYS need more green dragons because they go well with many of the other colors, and would be great to pair with the Christmas lovelies.

You have just did the opposite of what your stated as your procedure  unsure.gif

Nah, I'm not commenting on the rudeness or otherwise of the feedback there, I'm being annoyed at people bickering when obviously nothing will come of the argument.

Though admittedly I could have probably still gotten by with the shutting up procedure and will do that from now :3

Edited by ObsessedWithCats

Enough with all the arguing and rudeness. Everyone is allowed an opinion rather they like something or they don't like it. As long as the comment is made in a respectful non-rude manner.

Continued rudeness and arguing will get you a warning.

The female pygmy sprite looks great, I'm trying to find a mate but uh, few choices there. Maybe the Seawyrm?

I find their colours go together awesomely with the darkmyst pygmies. biggrin.gif (I also like seawyrm x darkmyst pairings, which I guess is a related aesthetic opinion. happy.gif)

I wake up to find...

*squeal*

ADULTS!!

I love all the sprites <3

Edit; and all my new release eggies hatched! Yay!

Edited by Esko_the_Wolf

Hooray, adults!

And pygmy WYVERYNS! The people who guessed that were right! How cool!

I really like the way all of them look. I like the colors on the pygmies, the patterning and the horns on the drakes, and the pose on the two-heads especially.

Thank you, artists and TJ!

Yay! Finally adults!

Again, I am pleased to see more Green Dragons added to the site.

Looking at the three of them - I like the fact that they *to me at least* are a bit plainer than some of the other Dragons we've gotten recently.

The Pygmy is probably my favorite. This is followed by the Drake - though I wish it didn't look so much like Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream...It's making me hungry smile.gif and then the Hooktalon.

Thank you TJ, Marrionetta, Odeen, and JOTB for these lovely Dragons - it's nice to have some new blood to play with for the lesser seen species of Dragons.

I'm not terribly sure about the dual-head and the spotted dragons, personally. But the pygmy is absolutely gorgeous.

Love the adults. My favorite is the spotted drake and the male hooktalon but as usual I plan on collecting my mini-hoard of them all. I'm looking forward to breeding the hooktalons with bloodscales and I'll probably purebred the spotted drakes.

edit: Forgot to mention I love the name magelight (and the pygmy color).

Edited by rubyshoes

Ooh, they've grown. biggrin.gif I like the Hooktalons best, though the female belly looks slightly weird to me. Greater Spotted and female Magelight look okay.

I dunno why but I think the Magelights will look good with Dark Mysts, maybe pumpkins too though I don't have cbs of Pumpkins to try it with. As for the Drakes...Howlers i think will look good.

I really enjoy the colors of the pygmies, may have found a breed to collect biggrin.gif

I'm disappointed by the Drakes, to be honest. Drakes are my favorite subspecies of dragon and I was hoping for an adult more to my tastes. The position, especially the far most back leg, looks awkward and I'm not a fan of the spots. Though they wouldn't be able to fly with those wings (the placement of the wing shoulder looks kind of non-functional, IMO?), I do like the design of them--very cute and adds a nice touch. The horns and head are pretty as well.

The male Hooktalon is beautiful. I love the color and shading on his wings. He'd make the best checker with male Bloodscales, and I'm kind of sad that I can't breed them together.

The underside of the wings on the female isn't doing it for me, but I love that chubby little belly. <3

Odeen, please keep making two-headed dragons, you're so good at it. *-*

The pygmies are adorable. Love the glimmer affect, and their descriptions are wonderful. They have a lovely iridescent feeling. The wings on the male look awkward, but I have nothing but good to say about the female. I'm sure they'll be fabulous with Dark Mysts.

Overall, I love the Hooktalons, really like the Magelings, but am not a fan of the Greater Spotteds. I'm thrilled that DC's birthday this year has celebrated those minority subspecies.

The adults are amazing, just as I expected. Thanks to the artists for their awesome skills! and for TJ for letting us share them.

The pygmies have got to be my favorites, and I can't wait till mine grow up to mate them with the dark mysts...I so hope they look as good as in my head.

The drakes look much different than I thought they would, and I wish they weren't drakes so I could mate them with non-drake breeds, but they and the Hooktalons will make great additions to my scroll.

Yeaaah, the Pygmies are my favs. Drakes in second, and two-headed in third.

Ooh, can anyone else imagine little kids putting their pet Pygmies in carved out pumpkins? Like little Jack-o-lanterns! They'd also be super useful during winter, they're little firestarters! Maybe the oil from their tails is collected and sold as firestarter! Marri look what you've done to me.. I've got Pygmy fever...

Edited by shadowfighter

Gotta love those adult sprites! My Minty baby hatched so I can move the name over, and there are some of the new eggs in the caves when I checked, so people can go and grab 'em!

I'm very disappointed the the 2-heads aren't hellhounds. That being said the Hooktalons are pretty epic and I love the wing pattern and the bright red colors.

For the drakes, I love the shades of green and brown chosen. Good call. ^^ The antler-horns look god too. I do agree with whoever said that the wings look too small fr flight. I hope that's just because of the position they're standing in.

Now I've had no great love for the Pygmy breeds and I'm not normally a fan of pale, pastel colors but I must say that the Magelights are my favorite dragon of this release. Like most everyone else, I like the female sprite best although the male is adorable too. I think this pygmy may make it onto my list of breeds to hoard once my scroll goals are complete.

Thank you artists for all your hard work in bringing us new members of three species that don't get enough love. And thanks to TJ for deciding to release these gorgeous dragons.