TJ09

2015-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 9th Birthday

I don't think the ratios are that much out of whack. I think that you have to be diligent to catch them. The alpine ones and desert ones were dropping in the wee early hours with at least one egg per five minute drop. I didn't check the forest ones since I had more of those than the others. People also seem very willing to trade their eggs. I traded for three alpine dragons yesterday.

Again, it all boils down to the fact that we had nearly 2 days of solid new releases in one drop. The ratios have to adjust. Users will also adjust their hunting according to what the adults look like.

Honestly? I'm not. There was a chance to get them even if you missed them in the next few days after a release. There was a chance to get them after your initial eggs hatched. With this, if you haven't been able to egglock yourself right after the announcement, boom, your chances at getting another pair or whatever you need to complete your collection is gone.

Guess what else people have been saying for ages: "make golds easier to get", "people are hoarding release eggs they're meanies put a quota!" etc etc. Doesn't mean it should be done.

Even though there was a lower chance at getting new release eggs after a release with the previous method there was a way higher chance that what we have right now. And people were giving them out more frequently too. With this messed up ratio, we have a period of drought right after the 2 days of initial flood and then however long it takes for the ratios to even out. With the last method there was a sort of trickling off. It's why you see gemshards and anagallis eggs still popping up.

What if it takes months to rebalance the ratios? What if it takes weeks? Are we going to have to suffer a drought after a release every single time? Well that makes me look much less forward to new releases.

Most people who caught eggs either during the Release or the following day have had their eggs hatch and either gone back for reloads or are doing so now.

Once that first wave has filled or re-filled their scrolls, it should be easier to snag some new eggs. smile.gif

But if people DO have a chance to catch them quickly on that first day or two, it does make it easier for those coming afterward, because more people are locked and not so many hunting all at once through random Drops when hunting is much harder for slower people.

Unless things have been changed, the overall ratios balance slowly over the year (?), not suddenly after just being Released to 'fill up' again, unless during the hour/day.

If the biomes are moving, the new eggs'll turn up - but people especially now, during a Release, have little or no room to take blocker eggs just to see if anything turns up, so the biomes are likely still moving slowly and slow Refreshes mean that many of us will miss seeing many of those which do appear.

But you have to believe they're out there, lol - at least some people are seeing them and as the faster catchers fill up, so will the rest of us. laugh.gif

Eh, the cave blockers aren't moving...this seems pointless. The last time I remember new releases being this hard to get was the coppers and the rare almandines....

Edited by Diame

Is it still possible to get ANY of these eggs? If so, where would I find them?

I've been off the computer for several days and can't believe I totally missed this.

Yes, but it's not easy.

Alpine, Desert, Forest.

Diame: They'll be shuffled around at 5 minute intervals after the hourly drop, so you can just watch the shuffles. Won't guarantee a new egg will appear, but it will give more opportunities.

curio: It's still possible. The pygmies are in the alpine, the (assumed) drakes in the forest, the two-heads in the desert.

Diame: They'll be shuffled around at 5 minute intervals after the hourly drop, so you can just watch the shuffles. Won't guarantee a new egg will appear, but it will give more opportunities.

curio: It's still possible. The pygmies are in the alpine, the (assumed) drakes in the forest, the two-heads in the desert.

The Biome has to be clear for that. And with the countless egg blockers there are, this won't happen.

Edited by Diame

The Biome has to be clear for that. And with the countless egg blockers there are, this won't happen.

The first three eggs are literally shuffled from the hour's generated list in five minute intervals, not just when all the eggs have been picked up.

Most people who caught eggs either during the Release or the following day have had their eggs hatch and either gone back for reloads or are doing so now.

Once that first wave has filled or re-filled their scrolls, it should be easier to snag some new eggs. smile.gif

But if people DO have a chance to catch them quickly on that first day or two, it does make it easier for those coming afterward, because more people are locked and not so many hunting all at once through random Drops when hunting is much harder for slower people.

Unless things have been changed, the overall ratios balance slowly over the year (?), not suddenly after just being Released to 'fill up' again, unless during the hour/day.

If the biomes are moving, the new eggs'll turn up - but people especially now, during a Release, have little or no room to take blocker eggs just to see if anything turns up, so the biomes are likely still moving slowly and slow Refreshes mean that many of us will miss seeing many of those which do appear.

But you have to believe they're out there, lol - at least some people are seeing them and as the faster catchers fill up, so will the rest of us. laugh.gif

That's not what I'm saying though. That's what it used to be like. Now since there is a drought due to the sudden increase in eggs, there's going to be less eggs dropping right now after the initial 2 days. Which actually makes it harder for people who missed the 2 days or want seconds. That's the problem that I keep mentioning.

The first three eggs are literally shuffled from the hour's generated list in five minute intervals, not just when all the eggs have been picked up.

Are you sure they're "literally" shuffled? >>

Anywaaaay, it didn't used to be like that. They must've changed the mechanic of it.

Anywaaaay, it didn't used to be like that. They must've changed the mechanic of it.

They are literally shuffled and a new set of three replaces them. I can't remember when the change occurred because I rarely hunt, but it's been this way for at least a year.

Yes, they are shuffled automatically; no clearing required. It's been like that for awhile, but you're certainly correct in that it wasn't always like that.

Yeah, it's been like that for over a year now. I remember being around when the thread that suggested it was around, but I'm not sure when, exactly, it was put into motion.

I just saw a whole biome full of the two-headed at the hourly refresh, so they are still dropping. The pygmies were in their biome for over a minute, too.

Edited by harlequinraven

The dam broke loose for the Pygmies! Loads and loads of pygmies now. xd.png

I just saw a whole biome full of the two-headed at the hourly refresh, so they are still dropping.

seems like something's changed, they're suddenly v abundant.

Is it fixed, then? I just got two* more little eggs from the alpine with relatively no trouble, and they look like they're dropping at a good rate, at least at the top of the hour.

*Edit: Three more. Apparently, I caught two during the lag, rather than the one that actually showed up with the code. xd.png

Edited by blackdragon71

Last release there was some bug with the drop after the normal drop period. Maybe it happened again?

On the first release day, I caught two of each new egg, and an extra of the pygmy one.

I now have only one of each and two of the pygmy. sad.gif

Did something happen with this release? Were eggs pulled due to a glitch? I KNOW for certain I caught seven in total, I was egg locked when I stopped for the day.

Edit: Whoops, skimming isn't foolproof for reading comprehension. xd.png I answered the question you posted in help, though. Check your action log to see if anyone abandoned the eggs you're missing.

Edited by Tehya Faye

On the first release day, I caught two of each new egg, and an extra of the pygmy one.

I now have only one of each and two of the pygmy.  sad.gif

Did something happen with this release? Were eggs pulled due to a glitch? I KNOW for certain I caught seven in total, I was egg locked when I stopped for the day.

You have at least one dead egg on your scroll from May 10, (I did not check further), so you could not have been egg locked with seven eggs. At most, you could have had 6.

Edited by harlequinraven

You have at least one dead egg on your scroll from May 10, (I did not check further), so you could not have been egg locked with seven eggs. At most, you could have had 6.

Am I missing something? The 10th was 13 days ago, the release was about three days ago... Why are you saying the other person couldn't have been locked with seven eggs? Dead eggs only count for 24 hours but the shells stick around for awhile.

Edited by kerrikins

Dead eggs block their slot for only 24 hours. The shell will remain for 2 weeks, but not block after the first 24 hours.

Edited by wbmorgan