TJ09

2015-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 9th Birthday

The forum represents what? 1% of the fanbase? 2% of the fanbase? 3%?

The game is not what happens in the forum. The forum is minority. So a minority play trades, the majority plays only collections in their scrolls.

So yes, I keep what I said, a rare 2 head or a rare drake won't make people collect them more. The 2% who play trades will collect them to trade, this doesn't mean the whole group of drakes or 2 head will be more popular.

Back up your statistics. Show me hard data.

Or, conversely, stop presenting your speculation as facts, please.

The forum represents what? 1% of the fanbase? 2% of the fanbase? 3%?

The game is not what happens in the forum. The forum is minority. So a minority play trades, the majority plays only collections in their scrolls.

So yes, I keep what I said, a rare 2 head or a rare drake won't make people collect them more. The 2% who play trades will collect them to trade, this doesn't mean the whole group of drakes or 2 head will be more popular.

You don't know anything about how the non-forumgoing playerbase plays, as they are functionally invisible to other users. How can you justify making sweeping generalizations about them?

Back up your statistics. Show me hard data.

Or, conversely, stop presenting your speculation as facts, please.

Simple: I doubt that this game have only about 100 people playing, the number of people that we usually see in the forum. I'm pretty sure that there are much more players. TJ wouldn't keep the whole structure for just 100 players and just 100 players wouldn't keep this whole structure running.

Edited by danicast

Yeah, my guess is they're gonna be much rarer than they actually are for a while as they recover from a 2 day solid drop. When the Anagallises stopped dropping after 14 hours a lot of people shouted for longer initial drops, and I and others said that would make them rarer after the initial drop but apparently that's the route TJ or the cave has decided these are going.

Eventually I think they'll catch up with themselves and be less sparse.

edit: I've looked a grand total of twice each in the Desert and Forest since the end of the 2 days and seen one of each of those (though I'm locked so I can't catch them). There were pygmies appearing on average one per drop in the Alpine when I stalked that earlier.

Yeah. I think this is what's happening and I'm sort of angry about that now. Ugh. I'd rather that they be more spaced out rather than a solid drop precisely because of this reason. mad.gif

Then please, point me the direction to find these people. Where are they? Because they are not in this forum, for sure.

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showforum=11

Take your pick of a thread.

Plenty of people trade for lineaged Golds and Silvers. I personally can't catch CB Golds, and only have 2 CB Silvers, but still love to collect them as I love the sprites.

There are plenty of gifting threads (like 4 or 5 just on the front page) that you can find many amazing gifts, including rares and metallics.

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showforum=11

Take your pick of a thread.

Plenty of people trade for lineaged Golds and Silvers. I personally can't catch CB Golds, and only have 2 CB Silvers, but still love to collect them as I love the sprites.

There are plenty of gifting threads (like 4 or 5 just on the front page) that you can find many amazing gifts, including rares and metallics.

Your answer made me laugh, thank you. smile.gif

1. the trades are only for CB. I already spent a lot of time in trading treads. I offered a 4 gen silver for trade and got nothing, the egg run out of time, I hatched, offered the hatchie and got zero interest. People don't want lineages. Of course, if you offer in the departures thread then people grab them.

2. The gifting threads are only for people who don't have more than 1 or 2 golds or silvers, I know, I checked ALL OF THEM because I wanted more rares. Since I have about 20 of each, I don't qualify for any of the existing threads.

There are other limitations too, each thread have their own limitations.

The truth is that unless you have a great computer, a good connection and great skills, you won't have nice things in this game. It's my case and the case of a lot of people.

Posts are beginning to go off topic. The topic is the new release. Please keep your posts on topic

If members wish to continue the discussion that was off topic (i.e anything not involving the new release) a thread could be made in site discussion.

Edited by rubyshoes

Woo! Only a few more hours until TJ's hatchies grow up and we get to see what these cuties grow into! biggrin.gif

Second thread warning: Please keep your posts on the topic of the new release otherwise I'll start giving out warns.

Posting off topic spam/comments and then trying to make it on topic by including a small blurb about the new release is NOT acceptable. Take the off-topic to PMs or if you want to continue a discussion that would fit in site discussion make a thread there.

edit: If a thread is made in SD I'll happily link to it in my mod posts

Edited by rubyshoes

Looks like I am late to the new here. Are these three new eggs still available?

I just logged on today and saw a friend with a new egg and then found this thread, lol

oh! and how long will they be available?

Edited by sailorsolarstar

Yeah. I think this is what's happening and I'm sort of angry about that now. Ugh. I'd rather that they be more spaced out rather than a solid drop precisely because of this reason.  mad.gif

But at the LAST Releases, people were CLAMORING for a longer drop-time. So now TJ gave all the clamorers what they asked for (deleted due to not finding thread in SUggestions..). Despite the drawbacks being explained about why longer initial drops might not be a good thing, people kept asking for them. So they've got what they asked for and now the ratios will have to be re-set or rebalanced somehow.

Either the initial drop is the way it always has been and people gritch moan and complain about how hard eggs are to grab, or the initial drop is nice and long and lots of people manage to grab new eggs only to see them...just go away due to wonky ratios. And people gritch moan and complain.

TJ cannot please everybody, I guess.

Edited by oddsoxdi

But at the LAST Releases, people were CLAMORING for a longer drop-time. So now TJ gave all the clamorers what they asked for (see threads in the Suggestions forum about extending drop times). Despite the drawbacks being explained about why longer initial drops might not be a good thing, people kept asking for them. So they've got what they asked for and now the ratios will have to be re-set or rebalanced somehow.

Either the initial drop is the way it always has been and people gritch moan and complain about how hard eggs are to grab, or the initial drop is nice and long and lots of people manage to grab new eggs only to see them...just go away due to wonky ratios. And people gritch moan and complain.

Not everyone wanted a longer drop time.

There are pros and cons with each method. I prefer things to be more natural, personally.

I trade for lineaged metals all the time, and other stuff people often claim is 'untradeable'. Folks just need to keep an open mind and be patient. Opportunities aren't always around every day but they definitely happen. It's possible to get anything in this game even if you're not "elite" just by being patient and persistent.

Such as, for example, these newest eggs. I see people saying they're not dropping, but they are. I've seen them. They're just going crazy fast. They aren't dropping as commons, but they're certainly not rare either. I'd say they drop at about the same rate as middling uncommons right now - reds, blacks, Tsunamis, that sort of thing. They just disappear way, way faster, because they're new and everyone's trying to get them. But besides that, it's WAY too soon to make a judgement about rarity anyway. Not only do we need to give the userbase time to cool off from the newness and get an idea how popular they really are long-term, but the ratios will settle down and shift to a certain pattern in the long run, and neither of those factors can possibly be determined or even meaningfully estimated from what's happening right now.

And yes, Odeen was pretty emphatic that there's a first time for everything, but who knows if that was a genuine hint or just meant to keep us on our toes? I wouldn't even begin to worry about it until the release is at least two weeks old. Minimum!

Edited by Lurhstaap

Don't know if its been confirmed but is the one dragon definitely a Drake? Obviously the other two are what they are believed to be but I wasn't sure if the "drake" was confirmed.

Don't know if its been confirmed but is the one dragon definitely a Drake? Obviously the other two are what they are believed to be but I wasn't sure if the "drake" was confirmed.

It doesn't show up as a Biteable dragon for the Vampires, so it isn't a regular dragon breed.

Not officially, no, but it can't be bitten by vampires and it has typical drake type wings if you look closely at the S2 sprite. So I don't see what else it could be. What else can't be bitten by vampires but isn't a pygmy or a two-head?

Not officially, no, but it can't be bitten by vampires and it has typical drake type wings if you look closely at the S2 sprite. So I don't see what else it could be. What else can't be bitten by vampires but isn't a pygmy or a two-head?

Dinos!

Dinos!

xd.png True - but it's pretty clearly not a dino. No booties!

I also just picked up a paper, which reminded me that's true of papers and cheeses... but unless it's woven out of grass I don't think it's an enchanted object species. ;p

Edited by Lurhstaap

xd.png True - but it's pretty clearly not a dino. No booties!

I really misunderstood what you were trying to say at first tongue.gif

But at the LAST Releases, people were CLAMORING for a longer drop-time. So now TJ gave all the clamorers what they asked for (deleted due to not finding thread in SUggestions..). Despite the drawbacks being explained about why longer initial drops might not be a good thing, people kept asking for them. So they've got what they asked for and now the ratios will have to be re-set or rebalanced somehow.

As, admittedly, someone who actually managed to grab the eggs during the initial drop period, I'm very happy with the change. Grabbing eggs was a breeze, I didn't have to fight or struggle, even though I didn't get on the computer immediately and was egg locked when I first saw them dropping.

In a couple weeks things will go back to normal, at least this way I can concentrate on my lineages and grabbing older dragons I still need.

Edited by silver_chan

Thanks for the replies, I assumed it was but I figured I would ask anyway since I wasn't brave enough to try and bite mine xd.png

Thanks for the replies, I assumed it was but I figured I would ask anyway since I wasn't brave enough to try and bite mine xd.png

Actually if you go to the bite page, it won't even let you. It just says 'this breed can't be bitten' or something like that.

Yeah. I think this is what's happening and I'm sort of angry about that now. Ugh. I'd rather that they be more spaced out rather than a solid drop precisely because of this reason. mad.gif

Honestly i'm happier with it this way, even with the drawback. How ratios are calculated could probably stand to be adjusted sure, but people have been saying that for ages.

Honestly i'm happier with it this way, even with the drawback. How ratios are calculated could probably stand to be adjusted sure, but people have been saying that for ages.

Honestly? I'm not. There was a chance to get them even if you missed them in the next few days after a release. There was a chance to get them after your initial eggs hatched. With this, if you haven't been able to egglock yourself right after the announcement, boom, your chances at getting another pair or whatever you need to complete your collection is gone.

Guess what else people have been saying for ages: "make golds easier to get", "people are hoarding release eggs they're meanies put a quota!" etc etc. Doesn't mean it should be done.

Even though there was a lower chance at getting new release eggs after a release with the previous method there was a way higher chance that what we have right now. And people were giving them out more frequently too. With this messed up ratio, we have a period of drought right after the 2 days of initial flood and then however long it takes for the ratios to even out. With the last method there was a sort of trickling off. It's why you see gemshards and anagallis eggs still popping up.

What if it takes months to rebalance the ratios? What if it takes weeks? Are we going to have to suffer a drought after a release every single time? Well that makes me look much less forward to new releases.

Edited by ylangylang