rendragyn

Make CB Golds **slighty** less rare

As the OP, I'm glad the discussion has come back towards the original topic.

What do people think about Golds having a greater chance of producing two eggs when bred, if the breeding produces gold offspring (similar to how holidays work)? - no, this won't increase the number of CB golds, but it would potentially increase the amount of "more valuable" gold 2nd gens and circulate some golds in the AP.

While the concept seems nice, I don't know how nice this would be in practice. Lots of people who catch shiny things in the AP (or even on departure threads) turn around and use them as trade fodder, so I'm not sure how this is any different than willingly throwing golds to the AP for people to do with what they will. This just forces people to have to give up their golds in the hopes that something good comes out of it.

What do people think about Golds having a greater chance of producing two eggs when bred, if the breeding produces gold offspring (similar to how holidays work)? - no, this won't increase the number of CB golds, but it would potentially increase the amount of "more valuable" gold 2nd gens and circulate some golds in the AP.

Any kind of multi clutch that isnt optional is honestly in my opinion a no. on top of that if multiclutching come back it should all or none.

Once cave ratios are improved and the other ideas come into play then more 2nd gen PB willbe a thing thanks to their availability.

You have as many chances of finding nice, 2nd gen, as you have of finding messy lineaged golds. So I'm afraid that wouldn't increase the chances of finding nice lineaged golds in the AP.

It would also make it more difficult to breed Golds in general since the other breeds wouldn't have any potential way to multiclutch.

Lol, dunno about anyone else, but my Golds effectively don't breed anyway - this is particularly funny to me, as I've just (again unsuccessfully) bred my Golds, along with a bunch of Prizes, Silvers and Commons, with wrong-egg results everywhere and have exactly one egg out of the entire lot (a Pyral out of a Gold that I actually wanted either way) that I can use in any way, shape or form. And the giggle has done me good, lol.

Imagine that, but worse! xd.png If breeding Golds was even harder than it is now I wouldn't even bother trying to get that last CB Gold since it wouldn't make building a 4th gen lineage with them any easier.

When I first started Dragon Cave multi clutches were quite common and I have had more then one rare per clutch a few times but back then the AP was a lot emptier then it is now. If multi clutches did come back then it should be for all breeds and not just golds. I really don't care either way if multi clutches come back or not.

Imagine that, but worse! xd.png If breeding Golds was even harder than it is now I wouldn't even bother trying to get that last CB Gold since it wouldn't make building a 4th gen lineage with them any easier.

Well, IF the breeding levels were upped, ( xd.png ) I actually wouldn't mind kicking one of 2 to the AP, but mine probably won't produce another Gold until the next time I misbreed! xd.png

A reminder to debate the topic, not the user. If you have issues with another user, please work it out in private with them. It's not okay to discuss other users. The topic is about gold rarity, not what other users are like.

I'm starting to think that golds are going through a definite dry spell. I've seen offers of 3:1 CB Silvers and even today an open ended up to 8:1 CB Silvers for Golds lately when usually 2:1 is more usual. ;___;

Obviously discussing how rares affect the game is still important, but I'm definitely leaning towards right now being an oddity rather than the norm (not that CB Golds are ever easy to find, mind you, but usually not this crazy).

Well, the 8:1 was just because I'm getting tired of catching Silvers and waiting for a trade to turn up. xd.png I'm surprised nobody jumped on it, though. I did see a Gold in the cave just tonight, however, so they're not completely dry.

Edited by Tehya Faye

When I first started Dragon Cave multi clutches were quite common and I have had more then one rare per clutch a few times but back then the AP was a lot emptier then it is now. If multi clutches did come back then it should be for all breeds and not just golds. I really don't care either way if multi clutches come back or not.

I think TJ said that if he were to bring back non-BSA multiclutching it'd be all-or-nothing, although i might be scrambling this with another suggestion.

It's interesting to hear from longer-term users that this is apparently a dry spell we're dealing with (although i doubt the existing rarity helps).

Yeah, they're definitely harder to get now than they were back before my hiatus. The vast majority of my CB Golds were obtained in September of 2014. That was a pretty awesome month. xd.png It'd be nice if we could get back to that. I'm not sure what caused that particular surge in Golds. Maybe the demand for prizes dwindled a bit, so people weren't hunting as much?

Edited by Tehya Faye

Well, the 8:1 was just because I'm getting tired of catching Silvers and waiting for a trade to turn up. xd.png I'm surprised nobody jumped on it, though. I did see a Gold in the cave just tonight, however, so they're not completely dry.

I'd love to know how people are even able to find CB Silvers these days. xd.png I haven't seen a single one in 10 months.

...Haven't seen a CB Gold in 17 months.

I'm starting to think that golds are going through a definite dry spell. I've seen offers of 3:1 CB Silvers and even today an open ended up to 8:1 CB Silvers for Golds lately when usually 2:1 is more usual. ;___;

Obviously discussing how rares affect the game is still important, but I'm definitely leaning towards right now being an oddity rather than the norm (not that CB Golds are ever easy to find, mind you, but usually not this crazy).

Part of this was predicted back when the shuffle happened. Before, if eggs were not taken then the rares simply went back into the system. Now, with the shuffle they can all be taken out of it. Which adds stress on the ratios. It makes sense that silvers are more numerous as people tend to go for golds first. And if scripters are as common as people think, shuffling allows them to strip mine the cave at will. 24/7. Making the issue worse.

Personally, I'd turn off shuffling. While I've certainly benefited from it I'm not convinced that the easy short term benefits outweigh the long term price. Which imo, is one of the bigger thing that caused the uncommons to drop in value and the rares to skyrocket.

Part of this was predicted back when the shuffle happened. Before, if eggs were not taken then the rares simply went back into the system. Now, with the shuffle they can all be taken out of it. Which adds stress on the ratios. It makes sense that silvers are more numerous as people tend to go for golds first. And if scripters are as common as people think, shuffling allows them to strip mine the cave at will. 24/7. Making the issue worse.

Actually, that's not the case. There are way more eggs generated than shown in any one biome due to the shuffle, so only a small part of the generated eggs - rare or not - get to see the light of, uh, the cave. wink.gif

laugh.gif that was possibly a replacement for the one i Neglected laugh.gif

but on that issue i have not seen a gold in the cave for a few months now sad.gif ones i have/had recently were from trades smile.gif

Not sure what has happened to Gold breeding's unsure.gif but in the last 2 days i have breed a pair to Whiptail pair to Undines and another pair to Whites (one got Auto'd) blink.gif that's like 2 months work at the recent rate its like i am having an invasion of gold laugh.gif

i would like to see multi-clutch make a come back with BSA especially for the harder to breed commons biggrin.gif

Actually, that's not the case. There are way more eggs generated than shown in any one biome due to the shuffle, so only a small part of the generated eggs - rare or not - get to see the light of, uh, the cave. wink.gif

It also has to do with the fact that something rare is far more worth the 3 days required to scroll lock your self than the 3 days required for a common. Thats where the 5 minute AP kick would help. Commons are sent to the AP, loose time, become incuhatchable, get snatched up and raised, and once out of there will even out the ratios making rares hopefully a bit more visible.

This was, in fact, predicted to happen in one of the older threads. That if it was just a shuffle, the rares that normally would be hidden would show up, and it'd push them into being more rare because the commons aren't being seen. It doesn't matter that "most" of the rares aren't being seen. The thing is, some of the ones which wouldn't have been seen are, but the commons that go with them aren't being taken. Golds and Silvers are so rare, and shuffle has been around long enough, that.... Well. Things may be getting out of balance again.

That's why something like the AP Kick would help, as it puts the commons that go with that rare into circulation by reducing their time to the point where they are wanted.

Cheers!

C4.

It also has to do with the fact that something rare is far more worth the 3 days required to scroll lock your self than the 3 days required for a common. Thats where the 5 minute AP kick would help. Commons are sent to the AP, loose time, become incuhatchable, get snatched up and raised, and once out of there will even out the ratios making rares hopefully a bit more visible.

That we agree on.

Yeah, I could really go for the AP kick idea. At this point I would be willing to try anything.

Now if only this could get implemented in a reasonable amount of time.

laugh.gif that was possibly a replacement for the one i Neglected laugh.gif

but on that issue i have not seen a gold in the cave for a few months now sad.gif ones i have/had recently were from trades smile.gif

Not sure what has happened to Gold breeding's unsure.gif but in the last 2 days i have breed a pair to Whiptail pair to Undines and another pair to Whites (one got Auto'd) blink.gif that's like 2 months work at the recent rate its like i am having an invasion of gold laugh.gif

i would like to see multi-clutch make a come back with BSA especially for the harder to breed commons biggrin.gif

Just saw another Gold in the cave! So yeah, they're around. xd.png

I can't imagine why nobody would jump on it. Unless the problem is that your trade, asking for PMs, targeted only forum members? Wouldn't a teleport be more efficient?

Teleports links are great, but somebody kept adding my Silvers to hatcheries and I just didn't feel like dealing with that.

Teleports links are great, but somebody kept adding my Silvers to hatcheries and I just didn't feel like dealing with that.

I hate it when people get jealous and view bomb eggs like that. Its horrible, like what do you gain from that? What do you gain from ruining someone's trade? Its not like those dead silvers are gonna revive on your scroll healthy and new so whats the bloody point?

Anyways we're getting off topic and I think we can all agree that some idea that moves the biomes whilst making commons desirable is a must before anything. This should hopefully fix ratios on its own and not require too much constant tampering from TJ to adjust ratios every time. 5 Minute AP Kick idea would staisfy this decently allowing eggs to hit the AP, loose time, and get hatched once incuhatchable.

Some AP reduction idea would be nice such as once an egg hits the AP the eggs time gets dropped to 4 Days exactly or at most 4 Days 1 Hour/2 Hours. That way they are hatchable the moment you pick them up making them even more desirable to users with little to no reds for incubate. This also saves incubates for other projects or eggs.

Once ratios are evened out and the users have gotten used to the new stabelized ratios, adding in more rares would be another option. Adding in more rares would help diversify the rare pool as well as hopefully alleviate some of the demand on the small pool of rares making it so more rares are visible more often than not.