rendragyn

Make CB Golds **slighty** less rare

Well, I'm guessing that everyone wanted Golds because they didn't have them/hadn't been getting them for some time.

When the 2010 Tinsels came out in early 2011, there were very few issued relative to the population then, and for several years following.

Among the entire membership, on and off the forums, there were, as follows, through the years, this many slow-breeding Prize dragons distributed - but with attrition removing breeders as well:

http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Prize_Dragons

Distribution of the Tinsel prizes of 2010: (Tree Decorating Event 2010)

5x - 1st place

10x - 2nd place

15x - 3rd place

20x - Honourable mentions

Distribution of the Tinsel prizes of 2011: (Holiday Raffle 2011)

5x - 1st place

10x - 2nd place

15x - 3rd place

20x - Honourable mentions

Distribution of the Shimmer-scale prizes of 2012: (Holiday Cooking Raffle 2012)

10x - 1st place

20x - 2nd place

30x - 3rd place

40x - Honourable mentions

Distribution of the Shimmer-scale and Tinsel prizes of 2013: (Holiday Snow Fort Raffle 2013 )

10x - 1st place Shimmer

20x - 2nd place Shimmer

30x - 3rd place Shimmer

10x - 1st place Tinsel

20x - 2nd place Tinsel

30x - 3rd place Tinsel

30x - Honourable mentions

For the first few years, the few winners, (not all of whom stayed on) generally ran trading lists for what proved to be slow-producing dragons, so those few lists moved very slowly, and people who could catch metallics offered astronomical numbers of the next-most-valuable dragons in the hopes of getting on a Prize offspring list even if for years in the future.

Since there generally were no open spaces in any lists, people who could catch Golds/Silvers offered MORE, which typically failed to make the few CB Prizes breed any faster to make any spaces on typically booked-for-years lists, and this cycle continued for years, would-be traders often assuming that their offers weren't high enough, whereas there were simply - and literally - very few breeders and an AWFUL lot of people (most of the membership) wanting lower-gen offspring.

Probably mostly because in RL Gold is worth more than Silver, people often assumed that Golds would be worth far more than Silvers, (although they used to be more similarly valued and often more in terms of need than as 'trade fodder', something which came in with the Prize scarcity,) and loaded up on these, rather than Silvers, to make the highest possible offers in the limited space they had, although a full load of CB metallic eggs, a batch of metallic hatchies AND promised IOUs weren't all that uncommonly offered.

So, a number of the fastest people didn't just want Golds for themselves or one or two for trade anymore, they often wanted mass quantities to trade for 2nd or 3rd gen Prizes and often on a continual basis, as so many offers couldn't be met by the Prize production and as DC is full of collectors who are generally not going to be happy with one or two of whatever we want.

Probably pretty much everyone who didn't want 6 or 8 or a dozen Golds (seem to recall 20 or more offered) to offer for probably non-existent Prize list spaces wanted them for lineages purposes or scroll goals.

Remember, there were less than 30 Prizes breeding through that first year, less than 60 the next, less than 90 the year after, then 60 each of the Tinsels and of the MUST HAVE NAOW NEW SHIMMERZ!!! the next.

Without TJ's sensible addition of the 600 Prizes this past year, DC wouldn't have been fit to step into any more - there's been a huge difference already, and there was an immediate improvement in the atmosphere with the very announcement.

But the problems created still linger, along with some notion that those among us lucky enough to have won one of these dragons absolutely must want astronomical prices attributable to scarcity and dependent on most other members being deprived of such dragons, rather than good trades of a couple or a few other dragons they simply need or want, for pressing a button to breed and, with luck, getting a shiny.

'They' are simply us with the luck of the Raffle draw - the 'lucky numbers' weren't anything predicated upon abnormal greed levels or power-grabs, just luck, and Prize owners will, of course, be variable, but no more greedy overall than other segment of the membership.

The previous Prize scarcity didn't just ensure that almost nobody could get low-gen Prize offspring, but that Golds (and Coppers, Blusang, Alpine/Coast Pyrals - anything that might tempt Prize owners) were virtually impossible for most to obtain or often even see as well.

Scarcity situations foul up almost everyone and everything...

As I've mentioned before, when I first joined, even I and my antique computer managed to catch CB Golds and Silvers with, granted, a lot of time and effort - but the Cave used to move, and a multitude of the fastest people didn't use to catch and offer huge scroll-fulls of them for other dragons, over and over again.

If we could solve these problems, eliminate the scarcity situations, get the Cave moving and full of variety rather than blockers, with new dragons coming in regularly, and wind up with decent trade prices, in a Cave where the average person could eventually catch any dragon in the Cave with reasonable time and effort put in, the game would freaking blow you away with the fun it'd be...

That's utter censorkip.gif. Yes, it is completely and utterly unreasonable. 5 years? 5 years? IDK about you guys, but I don't wanna spend 5 years trying to get ONE Gold. That kind of rarity is censorkip.gif** ridiculous.

I've been playing 5 1/2 years. All my CB golds were gifted. I've seen some but never caught one. I have better internet than some here, but still.

So what - big deal. Now I DO object to cheats getting them - but other than that - it's just bad luck and possibly slower fingers than many.

I've bough huge numbers of lottery tickets in my time and not won on them either. And recently for the FIRST TIME IN my 5 1/2 years I got onto the Thuwed list. Some things do take time. And saying "*censorkip.gif* ridiculous." doesn't help anyone. If you "don't wanna spend 5 years trying to get one" - you don't have to. Trade or do without is another option. Sure - I'd LOVE to catch one my own self - but I'm not making my own life hell worrying about not managing to.

I've been playing 5 1/2 years. All my CB golds were gifted. I've seen some but never caught one. I have better internet than some here, but still.

So what - big deal. Now I DO object to cheats getting them - but other than that - it's just bad luck and possibly slower fingers than many.

I've bough huge numbers of lottery tickets in my time and not won on them either. And recently for the FIRST TIME IN my 5 1/2 years I got onto the Thuwed list. Some things do take time. And saying "*censorkip.gif* ridiculous." doesn't help anyone. If you "don't wanna spend 5 years trying to get one" - you don't have to. Trade or do without is another option. Sure - I'd LOVE to catch one my own self - but I'm not making my own life hell worrying about not managing to.

I'll have to agree with this. I've also been here for about 5 years and all my metals are gifted, even the messy ones. I remember I would try and get something semi valuable and then put possibly offers and the "Silver, messy ok. (hey I can dream right?" and some kind people here and there gifted me a few silvers and when I asked for Dinos som people were really nice and traded my uncommon/slightly rare for a dino.

I've never personally caught one though. Never. In my 5 years of playing I had had the chance. and in 2013 when the apparent boom happened, I was busy with tons of work and school so I had little to no time for DC then. So I missed out, which I'm sure was the case for many players as well who currently have not caught a gold.

I've seen a few golds here and there. I have an odd form of short term memory so relying on my word of "I've seen quite a few here and there" isnt entirely trust worthy. I do remember seeing them here and there both golds and silvers. Never caught either because it takes me anywhere between 5-10 seconds give or take to realize its a rare and by the time I click and it loads its gone. I too have a decent internet. Now then, does it bother me a bit that despite my attempts I can't catch one? Yeah. Am I gonna kill my self over it? No not really. I mean I'll try and help with getting TJ's attention to this issue in hopes of alleviating it.

You have to understand, I am an extremely proud creature. As much as I love and appreciate with all my heart the gifts of CB metals as well as the good hearted people who have traded me for them, it irks me that I am unable to get one by my own means. Would I like to see some kind of change to help this? Most definitely because I am under the belief that we should not have to depend on anyone to get anything and should have the ability to obtain thins by our own means.I don't want them made super easy to find/obtain, but decently easy enough that the average user can at least try to have a chance.

Syphoneira is saying the same thing I've been saying, myself.

The problem is NOT the Gold ratios: the problem is blockers and the *false belief* that having gobs of Golds will get you a 2nd gen Prize. Most of the time, the only thing that will get you a 2nd gen Prize is being in the right place at the right time, with the right offer (which usually isn't CB metals).

Get rid of the extremely powerful *reason* to cheat (trading for near-unobtainables), and you will eliminate most of the cheaters. Or rather, they will eliminate themselves, as the impetus to cheat goes away.

So: Fix the biomes so they actually show the variety they have. There's the blockers-to-AP idea, and a couple of others. And release another huge amount of Prizes next year with *no* new Prize dragons, and we'll be well on the way to getting on top of the scarcity of CB Golds.

Actually, I think fixing the Biomes at this point will do the trick.

Cheers!

C4.

Syphoneira is saying the same thing I've been saying, myself.

The problem is NOT the Gold ratios: the problem is blockers and the *false belief* that having gobs of Golds will get you a 2nd gen Prize. Most of the time, the only thing that will get you a 2nd gen Prize is being in the right place at the right time, with the right offer (which usually isn't CB metals).

Get rid of the extremely powerful *reason* to cheat (trading for near-unobtainables), and you will eliminate most of the cheaters. Or rather, they will eliminate themselves, as the impetus to cheat goes away.

So: Fix the biomes so they actually show the variety they have. There's the blockers-to-AP idea, and a couple of others. And release another huge amount of Prizes next year with *no* new Prize dragons, and we'll be well on the way to getting on top of the scarcity of CB Golds.

Actually, I think fixing the Biomes at this point will do the trick.

Cheers!

C4.

I'm thinking we can also throw in improving breeding ratios to help those of us who already have prizes and try to breed them out to gift or to trade for "cheap" to be able to successfully get that out there.

part of the reason I stopped my raffle was I realized some breeds were gonna give me hell in creating a tinsel, and another is even if I find a good mate, its not guaratneed I'll even get an egg from the two. If their breeding was just a tad nicer, we'd be able to distribute prizes better and help eliminate the whole cheaters need 5000 golds for a second gen lie/issue.

Thats for another thread :3

Honestly if blocker ratios/rare ratios can be fixed to allow for more rares to be seen easier by users, then also adding in a rare or two, maybe three a year to keep things fresh and interesting. There's only so much you can do with the same two metals and other rares/pseudo rares.

I'm thinking we can also throw in improving breeding ratios to help those of us who already have prizes and try to breed them out to gift or to trade for "cheap" to be able to successfully get that out there.

part of the reason I stopped my raffle was I realized some breeds were gonna give me hell in creating a tinsel, and another is even if I find a good mate, its not guaratneed I'll even get an egg from the two. If their breeding was just a tad nicer, we'd be able to distribute prizes better and help eliminate the whole cheaters need 5000 golds for a second gen lie/issue.

Thats for another thread :3

Honestly if blocker ratios/rare ratios can be fixed to allow for more rares to be seen easier by users, then also adding in a rare or two, maybe three a year to keep things fresh and interesting. There's only so much you can do with the same two metals and other rares/pseudo rares.

I don't htink there's a problem with the rare ratios or the Prize ratios. Rather, I think the problem is the blockers are, well, blocking (for want of a better term), the Prizes and rares.

I completed this 5th gen in 6 months:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/yS37J

I was not lucky. I had several refusals, many wrong breeds, a couple of alts, and many many no-eggs. And yet..... I've been working on this Common x Common line for 2.5 YEARS. And its still not complete:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/9rlb6

I need 1 Albino from one of the 4th gen pairs. Just ONE. It... hasn't been going well. I'm up to 15 fails. Hopefully, it won't be as bad as the 2 third gens were. I had well over 45 failures before I managed to get the 2 Albinos I needed.

This illustrates what I've been seeing: Its far, far easier to work with uncommon x uncommon than it is to work with blocker x blocker.... Which means that *something* is really really badly out of whack.

TL;DR

I think that if we can fix the blocker problem, get the system to start self-correcting the really horribly out of whack ratios for those blockers, that the rest of the problems will mostly fix themselves and there will be no need for this.

Cheers!

C4.

Touche and I tip my hat to you. Very good point and as such I will nod in agreement and hope such a thing becomes a thing for always.

If I can add in another point: eager would-be traders do need to understand that people often have personal plans for their dragons, so not everyone's going to trade much or, perhaps at all beyond blood-swapping, at first or, perhaps ever in some cases, although the larger the pool of people having CB Prizes, the higher the likelihood that at any given time 2nd gen trades may be possible.

If, as C4 mentioned, there's another big batch of Prizes given out, (although I have to admit that I'd love to see new ones every few years, despite the fact that distributions would have to be ginormous to avoid further disaster and I'd still probably not obtain any of the new ones for months, at best, myself) the odds of more trades occurring would be higher.

I know that some new owners are working separately or together on various projects and of course they'll want to swap for different lines in any event - but this all increases their breeding pools and the odds that down the road, there will be more lower-gens becoming available.

I also know that I have learnt the hard way that when acquiring a lower-gen it's best to first keep one and swap one for the breeding pool, increasing the chances of producing an egg worth gifting on a more regular basis rather than rushing into the huge list of people you'd like to gift with darned few eggs they're likely to want appearing - and I am VERY behind on gifting and have been for a very long time, because if you don't do this first, there will be FAR too many people you've wanted to gift something nice to for too long for you to not gift just one more of the precious extra-nice (according to what you can produce) eggs you may get only a few times a year before adding to the pool of potential producers instead, although of course swapping always gains s dragon one gen down from wherever you started.

This would apply far more to someone with a single CB Prize and a list of 4000 lovely people they'd love to gift the best they have to all at once and/or a lengthy list of dragons they'd never been able to catch or trade for before - but whatever swapping or breeding they do to keep, they increase their capacity to breed more dragons down the road, and while not everyone may breed off their scroll, most will, and as projects are completed and scroll goals met, the number of lower-gens spreading into the general range of the membership ought to increase, if the numbers of CB Prizes annually distributed are kept high.

But one more point - if people can catch their own harder-to-come-by dragons in the Cave, the rush is incredible and irreplaceable, even when they are NOT so appallingly invisible to most and are FAR more commonly seen, and successful hunting/catching is also an important part of the game, as is actually having the various dragons and being able to do whatever with them, so people certainly should be able to have at least a chance of doing so with ANY dragon in the Cave.

I personally would additionally support a temporary increase (if possible, although I'm guessing not ruddy likely in any event, lol,) in the numbers of 'trade fodder'-depleted dragons, at least enough to enable the average person to have a chance of seeing them and maybe catching one once in a while, during the period where something like the the biome-to-AP shuffle transfer gradually increased Cave movement and variety to the point of making hunting fun, or at least less boring.

Having dragons which perhaps up to 90-odd percent of the Cave can't access while a very few of the fastest have a virtual monopoly on these is no fun and adds nothing positive to the game for most, who come here in their spare time to get away from such situations, and to have a fun and relaxing time where rewards are frequent - not frequently unobtainable, just as in RL.

Extreme rares may work in some games with a premise of such things intended to attract highly competitive people, but they evidently don't work in a game where many actions take up to a week (or more) and patience is expended on routine waiting for those cool-downs to complete, and where people may have predominately been attracted by the idea of 'saving baby dragons' on a family site where fast systems are not required to collect dragons required for further purposes so that for many, obtaining the dragons forms merely a beginning to playing the lineage aspect of the game so important to many.

Where pets/dragons are valued for themselves and for personal plans, goals and usages, there is no added thrill at the idea of others not being able to get them while only *you* can, and catering to this added thrill for the few depends on spoiling things for the greater part of the membership and does the site no good.

Just as all people are not the same, not all games need to be the same, especially when the largest part of the population is either unable to or uninterested in playing *against*each other in a situation where RL affluence determines ability to play in the form of being able to afford fast systems, leaving an enormous (and growing) market unfilled.

DC is admirably placed to fill that need and I and all of my dragons hope it does, lol.

they aren't doping that much because everyone breeds them nonstop

so even if they are made more common their popularity will get them snagged instantly plus that will only increase the breeding projects so they will stay just as rare

so even if they are made more common their popularity will get them snagged instantly plus that will only increase the breeding projects so they will stay just as rare

That's not how it works. Because they are rare, their breeding rate is extremely low. Many people probably try to breed them, but they will get refusals or no egg or no interest. If they were made less rare, successful breedings would increase as well. If they become more common, users who have played for many years might finally have a chance of catching just one. Have you realized that some players have literally been here for years without managing to catch a gold on their own?

That's not how it works. Because they are rare, their breeding rate is extremely low. Many people probably try to breed them, but they will get refusals or no egg or no interest. If they were made less rare, successful breedings would increase as well. If they become more common, users who have played for many years might finally have a chance of catching just one. Have you realized that some players have literally been here for years without managing to catch a gold on their own?

This. I have a couple of something x gold lineages and almost always get the wrong breed. They are PIGS to breed. Just as they are to catch - but not QUITE as hard.

In the past breeding outcomes weren't based on the populations, though they certainly contributed to those populations when they were grown. That's why Blacks and Stripes used to be rare, and Metals used to be nearly extinct. Nowadays breeding is more balanced to prevent it from blocking CB production quite to that degree, and I think this is why we're having so much trouble with some common x common pairings.

There's ample evidence that breeding and cave ratios are not as closely interlinked as they used to be (see, for example: new species that end up going extinct in the cave but breed like rabbits even when paired with super commons).

That being said, golds and silvers are one of the few species that TJ has specifically mentioned as being coded for rarity. Which is to say, they don't drop much because they are meant to be rare - their contribution to the cave drops is intentionally kept smaller than that of the other species.

That being said, golds and silvers are one of the few species that TJ has specifically mentioned as being coded for rarity. Which is to say, they don't drop much because they are meant to be rare - their contribution to the cave drops is intentionally kept smaller than that of the other species.

That's all nice and well, but we need to answer the question of how rare is too rare.

There are people who have been playing regularly for 5 years or more and still have to catch their first CB gold. That kind of rarity is simply insane IMHO.

That's all nice and well, but we need to answer the question of how rare is too rare.

There are people who have been playing regularly for 5 years or more and still have to catch their first CB gold. That kind of rarity is simply insane IMHO.

Oh, I wasn't trying to make an argument, just explain the status quo. I'm in favour of making them less rare. tongue.gif

Edited by pinkgothic

So, you're okay with something being so ridiculously hard to catch you wouldn't be able to do it in 5 years?

Yeah, okay, I'm never getting anywhere with you.

So, you're okay with something being so ridiculously hard to catch you wouldn't be able to do it in 5 years?

Yeah, okay, I'm never getting anywhere with you.

I'm OK with something being so rare that I HAVE failed to catch one in 5 1/2 years. I might yet catch one. If I don't it is hardly the end of the world

And what on earth do you mean you "aren't going to get anywhere" with me. I simply have a view. So do you. I could say the same of you. We are each entitled to our own POV.

I can tell you weren't around in the days when summon was borderline impossible. I think some people have still failed to get their first GoN... And that doesn't take speed or anything.

I'm OK with something being so rare that I HAVE failed to catch one in 5 1/2 years. I might yet catch one. If I don't it is hardly the end of the world

From a gameplay perspective though, and this is a game, not being able to obtain something is certainly considered a problem with the game design.

And it's not like there's anything the players here are doing wrong not to have been able to earn one- instead there are rampant scripters, and a broken market that favors the people who were given something super limited via random chance.

I'm still with those who think something needs to be changed to fix this extreme rarity.

And what on earth do you mean you "aren't going to get anywhere" with me. I simply have a view. So do you. I could say the same of you. We are each entitled to our own POV.

I can tell you weren't around in the days when summon was borderline impossible. I think some people have still failed to get their first GoN... And that doesn't take speed or anything.

Yeah, not just you. Plenty of people. Enough to the point where it IS ridiculous. And it's certainly not the end of the world, but it's still unreasonable.

Yes, you have a view. But it's obvious this isn't going to go anywhere. You're right. I have a view, and you have yours.

And no censorkip.gif. You could have just looked at my join date... it's in the postbit. xd.png

I could indeed (not that it shows when one is typing.) But there are a lot of people who didn't join the forums for a long time after they started to play.

But the point is that there are a LOT of things in this game that we have to wait for (heck, I am waiting patiently for the return of the Frills, since Lyth said it was OK and told TJ it was OK and the rest... In many ways I want that more than I want golds to be easier. And don't get me started on Old Pinks - which I will never EVER get CB - and nor will you, of course sad.gif)

And no censorkip.gif. You could have just looked at my join date... it's in the postbit. xd.png

A fact that is pretty clearly obvious.

Anyway, I started playing in 2008, and both of the CB golds I managed to catch were from that year, as well as 3 of my CB silvers. I actually remember trading away a few more CB golds because I personally thought the sprites were ugly at the time. And by 'trading' I meant 'discuss with another person the EXACT MOMENT they need to stalk the AP and give them the code so they can grab it before someone else gets it' if anyone remembers pre-Teleport. tongue.gif

I don't think the ratios need to change, I don't think the rarity needs to change. Heck, probably not even the biomes need to change, technically... although I want this just because. XP

What NEEDS to change, however, is working on higher site security so those who use scripts and other forms of cheating get caught more easily.

When most people can't catch one in 5 years of playing, and others have 7 at a time to trade on a regular basis? That's wrong, and really making it hard on everyone else. Fast fingers and a fast internet connection can only get you so far. If the ones using scripts can be caught and their scrolls burned, we would probably see a lot more CB golds available.

I could indeed (not that it shows when one is typing.) But there are a lot of people who didn't join the forums for a long time after they started to play.

But the point is that there are a LOT of things in this game that we have to wait for (heck, I am waiting patiently for the return of the Frills, since Lyth said it was OK and told TJ it was OK and the rest... In many ways I want that more than I want golds to be easier. And don't get me started on Old Pinks - which I will never EVER get CB - and nor will you, of course sad.gif)

Fair enough. But I joined in April 2015... couldn't have joined DC that long ago... xd.png

It's hard to get a sense of progress, though. The best you can do is try to work your way up the trades, and even that is pretty luck based. It's not just a matter of waiting or being patient, it's also a matter of hope. There is no guaranteed way to work towards it, no guaranteed way to make it easier, you just have to hope for the best.

Edit: Join dates aren't that indicative of site experience. I've been playing DC on and off (mostly off) since 2008.

Edited by Tehya Faye

The other issue is that for the general population, this is not the true assigned rarity for metallics they're experiencing over a period of years, as with the also unintended extreme user-created rarity of various unCommons also falling into the 'trade fodder' category for those trying to tempt Prize owners into 2nd gen trades.

I have long known someone (who seems to have finally given up on DC sad.gif ) with a fast (business) system who was shocked and became suspicious of scripters after too many times where she suddenly could not catch a single Gold or Alpine/Coastal Pyral after being normally able to catch, throughout a day, several of such dragon types which I couldn't even see, having slower refreshes.

But there are people able to collect scroll-fulls of such dragons as 2nd gen trade offers, well beyond what they'd want for normal personal use or trading, such massive trade offers being due ONLY to the initial Prize scarcity (beginning with the 2010 Raffle where 30 Prizes were handed out among the entire membership,) which created in turn a secondary and additional scarcity of 'trade fodder' dragons for the bulk of the membership who most often want them for personal use.

So with reduced but still often grossly inflated trade offers being made for 2nd gen Prizes, importantly by the fastest people *who would otherwise be far less likely to be hunting for anywhere near that number*, the resultant extreme rarity of certain beautiful sprites for virtually the whole Cave does not apply to the very fastest, (or especially scripters, may they burn in heck, lol,) just to everyone else - most of the site.

And this is why I'd support a temporary increase in the populations Dropped of specifically 'trade fodder' dragons - because the intended rarity level of multiple dragons doesn't apply to either end of the spectrum, or indeed to nearly all of the players: the scripters who auto-cheat OR the average player who rarely if ever even sees any, and makes up the largest percentage of the members.

Re-setting this situation to something more normal means not only continuing higher levels of Prize distributions but both improving the dysfunctional ratios/biome movement (via something like the biome shuffle-bump to the AP of untaken eggs to be raised rather than endlessly regenerated as Cave-cloggers) and making it possible for the general membership to access these 'invisible' dragons while helping to normalize trade prices and return dragons to being valued for themselves, rather than what they'd 'buy' in relation to some other desirable dragon not available in the Cave.

Why should most of the members have to do without metallics and even the most beautiful unCommons and all of the lovely lineages and lines involved because a relative few are fortunate enough to not only have faster systems but still may feel required to make unprecedentedly large offers of multiple dragons for once VERY rare chances of 2nd gen Prize trades still only available at a relatively low, if increasing, level?

This is not anyone's fault; it was an initial problem within the system, already much improved, and it's fixable.

But if the Cave does not function for the community overall, we see the numbers of active long-term players dropping, as we seem to have been for some time, and that's such a sad waste of what could be such a fabulous game.

(Disclosure: I don't play anything else online and I miss the people I used to talk to via PM who seem to be on less all the time and those who don't seem to be on at all any more, so I'd really like to see the game improve for multiple reasons, since I have no life, lol.)

Hi, fuzzy! smile.gif

Just to mention, the Frills (and Bright Pinks) are something many of us are hoping will return and aren't something regularly Dropping in the Cave which are and have long been essentially restricted to a relative few able to afford/access fast systems in real life and loading up on them for Super-Sized trade offers, rather than normally hunting these dragons for themselves to only the extent they personally want/need them.

Also, the old Cave often used to move, (when it wasn't being Blocked by the AP, lol, before TJ fixed that, making the AP an alternate egg source of great value, especially when low-time,) and unCommons and metallics showed on a fairly regular basis, so we tended to get more variety back then even with a fraction of the dragon sprites we have now, even if the Pinks and Frills (and Blacks and Vines) were over-common enough back then to get in people's way and make them upset about it, despite most people liking the sprites themselves, which is how - rather than having more Releases and more manageable proportions of each type to resolve the issue - we lost both of our 'Discontinued' dragons.

If such core issues as these had been addressed in a player-responsive fashion, DC would be booming now and we'd never have lost these dragons over legitimate complaints.

I can also recall us running out of dragons sometimes minutes into the Drops, which really sucked, especially for those having little on-line time, and seem to recall TJ topping up the numbers for the hourly - a steady stream of dragons in the Cave certainly makes sense from all perspectives, while routinely having an unmoving line of dragons which nearly everyone already has enough of making Cave hunting boring certainly doesn't, at least from mine.

Yeah, not just you. Plenty of people. Enough to the point where it IS ridiculous. And it's certainly not the end of the world, but it's still unreasonable.

Yes, you have a view. But it's obvious this isn't going to go anywhere. You're right. I have a view, and you have yours.

Bruh, dat level of sarcasm was unecessary man.

ts passable, but jegus that game will make you rip your hair out and go bald in under a month before you properly get everything of for that matter, anything you need. I've never played it but I seriously spent enough time watching my ex play it while we were still together to know its a pain in the butt like none other.

Aaaaaaanwho. I've played games personally in which an items is so frustratingly rare that it feels almost impossible to obtain. I've sat there for quite a few hours mashin at keys or buttons yelling at the monster for having died without giving me ma lootz.

Yeah golds are ridiculously rare and most of us agree that it would be nice if they were more available but no one is gonna die if they're not. I won't die if I can't catch one. Fuzz wont, Syph wont, and I'm sure you won't either. Would it be nice to be able to catch our own golds? Yeah, why not. Is it absolutely necessary? Not really because despite being annoying and a tad tedious, there are indeed other methods of obtaining what we want legitimately.

Edited by AnanoKimi