rendragyn

Make CB Golds **slighty** less rare

Sullen I hope those mentions about prize owners doesnt some how mean you encapsulate all prize owners under the same perception. 2 prize owners asking for golds and one prize owner wanting to only do swaps due to lack of good rares is not the prize owner community. I have actually done my best to trade for a number of things without using my prize as a trading option. I know some will ask and I often turn them down. Any metals I have are from mostly gifts and from two trades I ever did with my prize. I've also heard of prize owners that trade for batches of common hatchlings or uncommons. So not all the prize owners want ultra rares and though some will trade for a couple rares here and there for whatever personal reason, it doesn not reflect on the prize owner community as a whole.

and Syph, What Tehya mentioned is mostly what I've been trying to say all this time, if we can initially get cave ratios to even out and get people catching rares and pseudo rares with a bit more ease, then it would be safe to assume that we can start adding in a new rare breed every so often. 3-4 rare breeds a year wouldn't have to be immediate, we could climb to it and in the mean time have one or two rare releases along side any number of common and uncommon releases.

Sullen I hope those mentions about prize owners doesnt some how mean you encapsulate all prize owners under the same perception. 2 prize owners asking for golds and one prize owner wanting to only do swaps due to lack of good rares is not the prize owner community. I have actually done my best to trade for a number of things without using my prize as a trading option. I know some will ask and I often turn them down. Any metals I have are from mostly gifts and from two trades I ever did with my prize. I've also heard of prize owners that trade for batches of common hatchlings or uncommons. So not all the prize owners want ultra rares and though some will trade for a couple rares here and there for whatever personal reason, it doesn not reflect on the prize owner community as a whole.

and Syph, What Tehya mentioned is mostly what I've been trying to say all this time, if we can initially get cave ratios to even out and get people catching rares and pseudo rares with a bit more ease, then it would be safe to assume that we can start adding in a new rare breed every so often. 3-4 rare breeds a year wouldn't have to be immediate, we could climb to it and in the mean time have one or two rare releases along side any number of common and uncommon releases.

No, I do not think of all prize owners as a single entity with a single behavior. And, by the way, I think that the Prize owners have the right to ask for whatever they want without being accused of greed: we are talking about pixels. Anyway, did you notice that many of the most "expensive" trades aren't really coming from owners but from traders? But that is a conversation for another day.

I like your approach. I just wouldn't have a lot of fun with a cave full of commons and nothing challenging to hunt for. Right now, it is the "no new rares" stance that makes me be stubborn about not decreasing the rarity of the existing ones.

And we all know that, we can go back and forth for the next couple of years, but nothing will get done if TJ doesn't like the suggestions.

Edited by SullenCat

"Hang in there and keep hunting"? For years? I've gotten TWO CB Golds in seven years. Seven freakin' years. That kind of rarity is just completely off the scale.

Now, I wouldn't mind new rares being added to the site, but I'd appreciate actually having a chance at catching them on my own without resorting to trades. As it is now, that trading option is the only one available for most users on this site since somehow all metallics keep disappearing without us even seeing any of them.

If new rares are added while the ratios are like this... in b4 the same "never even seeing a rare in the cave" issue happens to the new ones.

Thanks for pointing it out. Because that's exactly how I feel. (Okay, so it's only 5.5 years for me, with 0 CB golds caught on my own and 3 or 4 CB silvers.)

I must admit that my actual stance on the subject is due to the lack of willingness to compromise shown in this thread. I would not be against reducing rarity IF new rares were introduced. For example, if every time that a new rare is introduced, the rare introduced two years earlier becomes a bit less rare, I would be content.

I think that's something that might work out in the long run. If, let's say, we get a new rare dragon (2-headed gold and 2-headed silver?), and the ratios of the current rares get changed to merely uncommon, this just might work. Because it means that, eventually, everyone will have a better chance at getting the elusive rares. And, considering that the trading community reacts rather quickly to changes in the ratios, a big strain might be taken from the demand for the current rares.

Maybe the same system should be adopted for uncommons, too - after x amount of years, their ratio could get adjusted to semi-common. (Well, just maybe.)

Personally, I could support something like this.

If the rarity of previous rares is decreased, I wouldnt like to see them decreased to uncommon. Because uncommon seems to fall in the gray area of sometimes not that hard to get, and sometimes rather difficult. Id like them to stay as rares just slightly less rare. I'd rather all breeds retain their rarity seeing as before anything like adding new rares and such can happen we need to add in something to improve cave ratios to ensure that rares at the level they are can bee seen.

Also sullen, trust me I know. It also pisses me off that the crazy trades are offers and not wants which people try to use as "Since fifty different people are offering something crazy, it must mean that all prize owners are greedy and only want those offers." when its not true. I'm actually hoping to get a shiny baby soon to try and get a bunch of moonstone and white hatchies for it because oh my gawd its taking forever to collect the moonstones and whites I need for a personal lineage ugh...

I must admit that my actual stance on the subject is due to the lack of willingness to compromise shown in this thread. I would not be against reducing rarity IF new rares were introduced. For example, if every time that a new rare is introduced, the rare introduced two years earlier becomes a bit less rare, I would be content.

I think that's something that might work out in the long run. If, let's say, we get a new rare dragon (2-headed gold and 2-headed silver?), and the ratios of the current rares get changed to merely uncommon, this just might work. Because it means that, eventually, everyone will have a better chance at getting the elusive rares. And, considering that the trading community reacts rather quickly to changes in the ratios, a big strain might be taken from the demand for the current rares.

Maybe the same system should be adopted for uncommons, too - after x amount of years, their ratio could get adjusted to semi-common. (Well, just maybe.)

Personally, I could support something like this.

I'd actually really like this idea too. I don't see anything overly wrong with it.

I kind of agree with Olympe here. If we got new rares every once in awhile and then the old rare breeds became uncommon, it could be a good compromise.

The people who value the rare dragons only for trade value would still have dragons with good trade value.

The people who love the dragons for the pretty lineages they can make, but currently have no hope of being able to ever catch one, could finally have a chance to have CBs to build lineages with. And when, after a few years, the new rares are replaced with others they would have hope of being able to get those, too. As it is, I have been playing DC since '08 and have never caught my own CB Gold. There was a time when Silvers were easier and I managed to get some of those then, but none in the last few years.

I'm not sure how it would play out in reality, but in theory it sounds good. wink.gif

Edited by purplehaze

It'll also keep things interesting for the collectors who don't generally trade or build lineages.

Just checked quickly and I actually seem to have only 8 CB Golds, (thought I had more, lol,) several of which were gifts rather than caught by myself back when they were still visible in the Cave. However, I did gift some I caught and may have traded some, can't recall, but I shouldn't think that to be all that likely. Of the 17 (again, quick check) CB Silvers I counted, a fair number were gifts, especially those acquired in more recent years. I generally have enough to get by with, although do run out and of course some are required as mates - how do people manage with none, or one or two? I'm guessing they don't. I was lucky enough to start at the right time; even on an antique computer, I've had the thrill of catching the odd rare in a much faster-moving (and less boring) Cave than we have now. But the system has been so dysfunctional for so long that a lot of people consider it 'normal' that most people never even see these any more and some even consider it desirable that most do without, in order to keep trade prices up on the theory that Prize owners want insane values, rather than the dragons themselves, even though all trade value vanishes the instant these dragons grow up on their scrolls, while the relative trade value of their offspring is negligible.

The discussion introduced regarding multiple new rares - on a thread suggesting the slight increase of CURRENT rares to potentially alleviate the issue - being made here now, especially if incorporated under current circumstances, amounts to incorporating this dysfunction into the site, in placing high-level trades and high-level trade values over the general player experience, by feeding that dysfunction with more and NEW rares (certain to make virtually the whole site crazed) which would cause far more despondency and loss of interest in those unable to catch them than has even the inability to obtain original rares. The dysfunction created by the distribution of a minute number of Prize dragons relative to a community of avid dragon collectors during the first several years of the Raffle does not need to be supported; the general membership would otherwise still have a chance of seeing and even catching the odd metallic and those of the membership who have hung in there all these years hoping for improvements are not likely to stay on if they are expected to be raising Commons they already have enough of in order to support invisible NEW rares ONLY for the relative few fast enough to catch them and/or possessed of Golden Geese in the form of CB Prizes to earn the best of the fruit of the labours of others. NEW rares are not going to make any of them more catchable by Joe(sophine) average catcher - going by the experience of long-term players, the hunting would only be more frantic, the cheaters would become more daring, and more discouraged members would drift away, with their concerns still disregarded.

As mentioned by others, we need to work on having the long-running issues addressed regarding the implementation of Suggestions such as the biome AP dumping, to help improve hunting and the ratios, and to start balancing out the subsiding remains of the bizarre trade bubble which has done so much damage to the community in general and to the concept of DC as a family site where virtually everyone putting in enough time and effort has at least a chance of catching anything in the Cave. A temporary increase of both actual and user-created rares (never going to happen, but still...) would help with this - but under current conditions, suggestions of Releases of new (and apparently generic) rares Released AS trade fodder specifically so that most people simply wanting the sprites would never be able to catch them, to exist predominately for the fastest to use to get OTHER dragons, is (even if not intended as such) an injury AND an insult to the membership in general.

New unCommons, if as beautiful as the Pink and Orange (the Red's a bit washy, and the more unusual colours are striking as well as gorgeous, triggering the difference in desirability for me, anyway) Pyrals, Blusang, and the Coppers, would be also designated as trade fodder and taken by the fastest in excess of whatever they'd likely have collected for their own scrolls to go rare anyway and these are hard enough on those unable to obtain them, but New Rare Releases? We'd have more fun being trampled in Walmart on Black Friday... So I'm very glad to see Ananokimi and others stating that they do believe that the basic issues should be first addressed and the situation alleviated prior to the consideration of the addition of any new rares.

People who find catching too easy, due to super-fast connections/computers most can't afford, do have the option of increasing their challenge level by using an older computer and reducing their connection speed while hunting onsite - they might find that this sort of challenge is more fun for them than it is for those who have no option of doing the opposite.

(Lol, personally, on this monitor, I actually find it much easier to read smaller chunks of text with each step in the points separated - I do have lousy lighting here, which might account for that.)

Regarding the suggested addition of 2-headed metallics, since those would be unbreedable with most dragons, I would think that over the years those would very likely become at least somewhat less desired than the more generally breedable rares required for so many existing lines/lineages, as the fastest and best able to trade filled up with the 2-headed ones, so that is an interesting suggestion.

Although I find it hard to believe that I have to point that ANY Release where the bulk of the membership can catch little/nothing is going to go over like a lead balloon, lol.

And I would be very doubtful regarding any chance of TJ's reclassifying DC's only original rares; apart from anything else, that's part of DC tradition.

Rares were never intended to be remotely as rare as they may now appear to the general membership, as the metallics have become so very fast-vanishing after being designated as trade fodder and taken by the fastest for so many years in large quantities, to be held in the hope of finding someone willing and able to trade them a 2nd gen Prize or allow them a place on the very few, already generally over-full and slow-moving lists. And another major factor would involve the lack of movement in the biomes to uncover what little variety we COULD potentially see, in the current state of the ratios, and the fact that production of rares is relative to the Commons taken and raised to count in the ratios, with more of these generally unneeded by longer-term players and taken eagerly only when ER or fairly close to it. That biome AP dump suggestion, over time, could finally begin to help reduce this issue in a player-responsive fashion, at long last.

People who find catching too easy, due to super-fast connections/computers most can't afford, do have the option of increasing their challenge level by using an older computer and reducing their connection speed while hunting onsite - they might find that this sort of challenge is more fun for them than it is for those who have no option of doing the opposite.

Spending extra money for a handicap seems really silly. Not everyone who finds CB Metals easy enough to acquire has that kind of extra cash. I think that old computer would also have to be really old to make a difference, too, since I'm using a 2007 model and can still get Silvers reliably. I'm not sure my connection is all that great either, since this rates my connection as D- for National Grade and D+ for Global.

Edited by Tehya Faye

@Syphoneira:

My apologies but I will not quote you. I refuse to inflict on others the same lengthy post twice.

You chose to focus on the example given by Olympe, two-headed metals, without considering that it could just be an example. To give another example, I would choose Diamonds, Rubies, Emeralds. Or maybe I would choose Gold and Silver and Bronze Coronets.

I read your post and I see a wall of words. Sorry but your post can be easily summarized as "NO, I'll not consider other options. NO, I'll not compromise. It will be my way or the highway."

@Syphoneira:

My apologies but I will not quote you. I refuse to inflict on others the same lengthy post twice.

You chose to focus on the example given by Olympe, two-headed metals, without considering that it could just be an example. To give another example, I would choose Diamonds, Rubies, Emeralds. Or maybe I would choose Gold and Silver and Bronze Coronets.

I read your post and I see a wall of words. Sorry but your post can be easily summarized as "NO, I'll not consider other options. NO, I'll not compromise. It will be my way or the highway."

I actually find her wall of text , though lengthy, much easier to read now that her ideas are in a far more concrete and grouped manner. If you had taken the time, you would have read that she is seeing how we are all trying to adress the issue of fixing cave ratios first which contribute to the lack of visible rares before adding in anything new. This mean shes is seeing that we are all really on the same side, we just had a really hard time seeing that.

I have to agree with Syph that breeds that are not to a degree universal (like pygmies, 2 headed, drakes, etc) will not be as widely popular as regular dragons though that should not stop their addition.

Concerning The last part of your post I think we kind of covered it.

Once a biome moving suggestion is added in like the 5 minute AP dump (which is personally the more ideal suggestion to any of this) , then new things can be added to alleviate some of the demand as well as spread out this trade fodder issue. The reason they are trade fodder is because the few rares we have are the only rares we have. As such adding in a few more breeds every year (again anywhere between 3-4 a year) then user can use the new breeds for trade not only for things like prizes but amongst each other. creating a diversity in breeds allows for more dynamic trading. Focusing on the same breeds every year will eventually create a strain as well as a certain level of boredom.

Lets use Harlequin as an example. She herself stated she already had enoug rares and as such was bored with them despite having a love for silvers. She has stated that she is no longer interested in trading for those or anything else since she has decent access to it and as such will focus on swaps over trades. The problem is traders have nothing else to offer other than the same old golds, same old silvers, etc. As desirable as they are even I'm kind of taking a step back in asking for things like Golds and silvers since I currently feel like I have enough. When there is no one to trade the only valuable dragons with what do you do about it? You amass more because hopefully more quantities of the same overly traded breed may look desirable.

Adding in new rares would fix that problem in my honest opinion. Giving diversity in rares for users to trade with will ensure that they will require less quantities to obtain the same trades as well as allowing others to trade for things like golds and such with the new breeds. With people taking less golds and any other of the few rares we have, the better chance there will be of them falling more frequently.

@Syphoneira:

Hi, SullenCat,

just to mention, if you don't read/can't understand a post or posts, it's really best to request clarification or not respond to it/them, or if necessary mention that you haven't read it/them due to length or whatever and *comment on one which you have read and understood*, rather than deciding that posts apparently mean something generally opposite to whatever they do actually say and repeatedly respond to things not said. smile.gif

Then anyone who does actually read and understand it can discuss whichever points in an informed manner, and further conversation can be developed or, like many other posts, perhaps be read but not necessarily discussed because other points in other posts or personal thoughts on the subject or whatever are first addressed.

We can't all always comment on preceding posts, and that's alright.

But if we do, while misreadings or misunderstandings are always possible, it's ideal to comment on the actual content and, where feasible, work toward an understanding and compromise.

And we can certainly express our own viewpoints and contribute to the general conversation without necessarily referring to any preceding post we may have trouble following by arriving at apparently random conclusions about it.

~Removed~ Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Syph can be a tad stubbron but she is always ready to fully read through and try to work through someone idea/position to not only better understand it but argue it in an informed manner. If a person cannot take the time to actually sit and read her posts then that person should not be commenting on her position seeing as to that person it is currently unknown.

Also, I know my posts have been pretty damn lengthy at times here so I find it hard to believe that Sullen my have the time to read mine possibly but not Syphs.

Also can we keep talking about the actual topic at hand like so we all agree that Cave ratios have to be either adjusted manually by TJ on a constant basis to work with current user demand or fixed by another suggestion like 5 Minute AP kik?

We also agree that to some degree diversifying the rare pool might alleviate some demand pressure as well as create a bit more of a dynamic trading system where users have new rares to trade for and catch allowing older rares to be relieved of some of the demand and as such be easier to catch once cave ratios are fixed?

Syph can be a tad stubbron but she is always ready to fully read through and try to work through someone idea/position to not only better understand it but argue it in an informed manner. If a person cannot take the time to actually sit and read her posts then that person should not be commenting on her position seeing as to that person it is currently unknown.

Also, I know my posts have been pretty damn lengthy at times here so I find it hard to believe that Sullen my have the time to read mine possibly but not Syphs.

Also can we keep talking about the actual topic at hand like so we all agree that Cave ratios have to be either adjusted manually by TJ on a constant basis to work with current user demand or fixed by another suggestion like 5 Minute AP kik?

We also agree that to some degree diversifying the rare pool might alleviate some demand pressure as well as create a bit more of a dynamic trading system where users have new rares to trade for and catch allowing older rares to be relieved of some of the demand and as such be easier to catch once cave ratios are fixed?

Hi, fuzzy! smile.gif

Hi, Anamokimi,

I suspect that SullenCat may be very young and unaccustomed to actual discussion, so probably will just need to learn over time, as we all do with various things. smile.gif

As you know, an adequate explanation covers necessary points, unlike a sound-byte, and understanding and the ability to follow a line of thought through to a conclusion is essential to informed debate.

But it does seem that, as a group, we seem to be overall agreed that the connected problem of ratios and Cave movement needs to be finally dealt with and that the biome AP dump suggestion appears to be the best, and perhaps the only, solution, other than a ratio adjustment which after all these years, appears improbable, to say the least.

But, as you stated earlier, this issue - making hunting boring, rather than fun/challenging to anyone - needs to be tended to first, and I would add that the state of the Cave needs to be considerably improved prior to any serious consideration of the addition of any category of dragons which would result in a disappointing Release and a situation where people, many of whom are already discouraged, with a fair number on the verge of just not bothering anymore, cannot catch any new dragons.

As far as the dump to the AP goes, perhaps rather than dumping everything at the end of the hour, a certain percentage is dumped in the AP? Then it is not a huge flood, but there is still a chance that some of the unseen rarer eggs will end up in the AP to be nabbed?

Of course, this is going to affect the ratios, as there is no distinction made between CB and lineaged. It will mean that getting lineaged rares will be even harder than it was before. This could mean that CB rares are going to be needed even more (since you will then need extra CB golds, say, to have the same chance at getting a 2nd gen gold for your lineage), and the supply-to-demand ratio will be right back where we started.

This, thank you! I keep trying to say this over and over, and I feel as though everyone just skips right by it.

I currently have 20 PAIRS of CB silvers plus an extra female. I have 5 pairs of CB golds plus two extra females. I MIGHT (maybe, possibly, unlikely) do one more trade sometime in the future for another lot of golds, but since I like silvers more (and already have enough of them), I am not out looking for CB metal offers. Mind you, some of these I got on my own before winning the raffle, but in the end, the point is that I have enough metals to last me quite some time. I could get to a 6th gen silver checker before I even had to start looking for more silvers, and by that time, I will probably have managed to find people to do lineage swaps with for the checker lineage, gotten more silvers from 3rd gen prize trades, etc.

Right now, likely the only way to get a 2nd gen baby from me is to be a prize owner yourself (so we can swap), a CB holly owner, be a holiday spriter (I am a sucker for a pair of breedable eggs from spriter alts), or win my raffle (which I only run when I don't have a list going).

It is not that I am mean, or greedy, or horrible (I give away 2nd and 3rd gens in raffles, for heaven sake!). It is that I have something that will get me what I want, and I am going to use it to get what I want. At this point, I don't really need more CB metals.

I think this is a fairly normal cycle. Soon after a raffle, you can likely get 2nd gens for a decent offer of CB metals. Then, as the new prize owners get all they need, they turn their attention to 2nd gen swaps, spriter alt babies, hollies, and the like. So people throw more and more CB metals at prize owners, hoping to persuade them. Every once in a while, they find someone who will bend for a really big offer, and the cycle continues.

Thank you for your insight as a prize owner. I suspected that that is the case with most prize winners. I do not think prize owners are horrible people or blame them in anyway for the mess we have now. I have seen you random act of kindness people in different threads and it always makes me smile and gives me hope.

The problem with the average player who has no CB prize or ability to catch rares, is that they have little hope of obtaining anything really valuable and leaves them feeling more frustrated then anything. I can relate to how they feel as I have never been able to catch a CB gold or have a CB prize. My only chance at getting anything worthwhile is winning a future raffle. I have decided that the frustration is not worth it and have put off obtaining the rarer items until I finish new scroll goals. If I get/catch the rarer items then I will be ecstatic but if I don't I will be just fine as well.

I would like to see golds be as easy to catch as silvers so that it is more obtainable but still not easy to catch. I would also like to see any eggs that are shown and not grabbed be thrown into the AP. I do not think a rare should be tossed into the AP from the cave as it would defeat the purpose of fixing the ratios.

Tossing Rares into the AP wouldn't hinder the fixing of the ratios, it would just give AP Hunters a nice little treat now and then. The vast majority of eggs the Cave generates are those breeds far behind the target population, effectively blocking a lot of potential rares that could be produced instead. Rares are produced, but only when their population falls so low that the cave has no choice. Sending eggs indiscriminately into the AP won't prevent the other breeds from catching up.

Edited by Tehya Faye

Thank you for your insight as a prize owner.  I suspected that that is the case with most prize winners.  I do not think prize owners are horrible people or blame them in anyway for the mess we have now.  I have seen you random act of kindness people in different threads and it always makes me smile and gives me hope.

The problem with the average player who has no CB prize or ability to catch rares, is that they have little hope of obtaining anything really valuable and leaves them feeling more frustrated then anything.  I can relate to how they feel as I have never been able to catch a CB gold or have a CB prize.  My only chance at getting anything worthwhile is winning a future  raffle.  I have decided that the frustration is not worth it and have put off obtaining the rarer items until I finish new scroll goals.  If I get/catch the rarer items then I will be ecstatic but if I don't I will be just fine as well.

I would like to see golds be as easy to catch as silvers so that it is more obtainable but still not easy to catch.  I would also like to see any eggs that are shown and not grabbed be thrown into the AP.  I do not think a rare should be tossed into the AP from the cave as it would defeat the purpose of fixing the ratios.

Agree entirely - Prize winners are just people among the community randomly selected to win a special dragon they are entitled to make their own plans for, and there have always been a lot of wonderful people on DC.

I happen to know that some of the nicest have won, even if I didn't always feel as though it was a good time to be adding in my personal congrats at the time of learning about it.

And the problems stemmed only from extreme scarcity, as always, if greatly increased by the very nature of the collecting game itself.

Actually, Golds and Silvers, so far as I could tell, used at one point to appear in the Cave in fairly similar ratios, although, of course, one can never tell what one may have missed seeing.

Also, back then, we still had only 4 'catching spaces', and no Incubate, so that far fewer dragons - and of the far fewer types then existing - were collected at any one time, and typically (by me, at any rate) a couple of pairs were considered plenty, this often regardless of lineages, with no lineage Viewers or general awareness of these until TJ provided them.

These were actually spread out over a longer period than I recall, (and I wasn't initially interested in metallics at all when I first started, although needed them for lineages, of course, later) but I actually caught 4 - 2 of each - within a few weeks of hard all-nighter effort *at a time when the Cave was moving* (wouldn't bother doing that now, lol,) and a total of 5 Golds to 3 Silvers, albeit over an 8-month period, on an antique computer, (the others, I believe, from encountering them while hunting for other things) and do seem to very vaguely recall gifting some? back around then as well.

Golds: Name: Mythryll Egg Stolen on: Dec 22, 2008; Name: Andate; Egg Stolen on: Dec 29, 2008; Name: Eudoxus Egg Stolen on: Aug 22, 2009; Name: Iolaus Egg Stolen on: Aug 27, 2009; Name: Transmutia Egg Stolen on: Sep 06, 2009

Silvers: Name: Myxalodia Egg Stolen on: Dec 24, 2008; Name: Bricta Egg Stolen on: Jan 01, 2009; Name: Xyantha Egg Stolen on: Apr 11, 2009

I suspect that a good portion of the difference in general availability between Golds and Silvers may very well have more to do with a perceived larger value in gold than in silver because the actual metals have this in RL, (and can recall this being discussed at some point) causing Gold dragons to be snatched more frantically and more often specifically for trade (to pile up in greater quantities on a smaller number of scrolls,) because perceived as having a higher trade value than Silver dragons, therefore creating a self-sustaining cycle, than with any seriously drastic difference in actual intended rarity.

How many scripts were set specifically for CB Golds over Silvers?

If they're being snapped up too quickly to be seen by most, we're going to have trouble establishing the actual rates...

Umm... Does someone actually know TJ's opinion on this topic?

(insert cricket sound effect here)

I mean, this thread has grown up to 20+ pages, several people have raised multiple important issues related to the rarity of some breeds, trading system, script users etc. I suppose that it's clear that the problem is rather complex and it can't be fixed with one simple solution. But as far as I know, nobody knows how ratios work, nobody knows what TJ thinks about the current state of golds' (and other dragons') rarity and more importantly, nobody knows if he sees any problem with it in the first place.

So... maybe it would be good to make some kind of summary in the first post and wait for TJ's opinion, because without it all we can do is make presumptions based on our own visions of how this game works or should work.

*runs and hides away*

TJ's also the one in charge of deciding which dragons to release into the cave, so if he feels like tossing in another Gold-level rare it doesn't particularly matter what our opinions on it are.

TJ's also the one in charge of deciding which dragons to release into the cave, so if he feels like tossing in another Gold-level rare it doesn't particularly matter what our opinions on it are.

As true as this is, it's also true that TJ does follow discussions important to the site, and often complies with user's wishes and/or suggestions. At least if he feels that it's a good thing to do and a good use of his time. smile.gif

Edited by olympe

Umm... Does someone actually know TJ's opinion on this topic?

(insert cricket sound effect here)

I mean, this thread has grown up to 20+ pages, several people have raised multiple important issues related to the rarity of some breeds, trading system, script users etc. I suppose that it's clear that the problem is rather complex and it can't be fixed with one simple solution. But as far as I know, nobody knows how ratios work, nobody knows what TJ thinks about the current state of golds' (and other dragons') rarity and more importantly, nobody knows if he sees any problem with it in the first place.

So... maybe it would be good to make some kind of summary in the first post and wait for TJ's opinion, because without it all we can do is make presumptions based on our own visions of how this game works or should work.

*runs and hides away*

TJ rarely weighs in on discussions here, but we know he does follow them, at least to some degree and takes user comments into consideration. A summary is not a bad thing, but can be hard to actually capture the tone of the thread and the weight of the different ideas.

TJ rarely weighs in on discussions here, but we know he does follow them, at least to some degree and takes user comments into consideration.

I hope so. This topic is certainly worth of discussion and many people have made valid points, but I suppose that everything would be easier with a bit more information. People should at least know if they are taking their time to solve the real existing problem or they are trying to solve something that isn't (or shouldn't be) a problem at all - for example, we talk about adjusting ratios and its possible consequences, but maybe it's not the ratios that are to blame for the current situation.

As the OP, I'm glad the discussion has come back towards the original topic.

What do people think about Golds having a greater chance of producing two eggs when bred, if the breeding produces gold offspring (similar to how holidays work)? - no, this won't increase the number of CB golds, but it would potentially increase the amount of "more valuable" gold 2nd gens and circulate some golds in the AP.

No support for that. I would rather have the suggested change to the Purple BSA to allow for multiclutches than to randomly give Golds and only Golds that ability.