rendragyn

Make CB Golds **slighty** less rare

This. I've never liked the ratios system. It's not very efficient and causes more issues than solutions. If we set in a preliminary pure rarity system, we could debate how well that works and what needs to be changed. If the pure rarity system doesn't work out in whatever way, we could always go back to ratios. I just think it's worth a try.

The problem with the current ratio system is very easily fixed.

The only thing you need is some inborn way for the Cave to make the underpopulated breeds more desirable. Sending them to the AP, where they become ERs, would work fantastic. Adding a hatchling Boime would work wonderfully, but I think its already been shot down. Cutting down the wait time to abandon a CB egg would also help a LOT (many people grab a full 7, then abandon all later if they didn't get something good).

As for it being "worth a try", its NOT. Totally NOT. Because if you add a ton of metals to the Cave as a result of this (and you would, most people have far more metals on their scrolls than any other breed, a flat ratio of success would pump BRED rares into the system like you wouldn't believe), you would not be able to go back, without driving metals into extinction like has happened twice already.

And the Biomes would still suffer the same problem, because the problem isn't the rarity of Golds, its the STAGNANT biomes! As has been proven with this new release, when the Biomes move you can find and catch them!

Cheers!

C4.

Well, we have several options for making blockers more desirable:

- hybrids (although that kind of desirability will wear out eventually)

- alts

- sending blockers to the AP

- fixing the common x common breeding issues

There are options to create more movement in the biomes, too.

- more frequent shuffles / shuffling with every refresh

- try what happens with a "cave" biome...

And, of course, the ratio system could be changed.

- Creating common eggs in accord with popularity/demand.

Also, a shop would help to alleviate the worst problem of unobtainable breeds by making them available even to bad catchers.

Well, we have several options for making blockers more desirable:

- hybrids (although that kind of desirability will wear out eventually)

- alts

- sending blockers to the AP

- fixing the common x common breeding issues

There are options to create more movement in the biomes, too.

- more frequent shuffles / shuffling with every refresh

- try what happens with a "cave" biome...

And, of course, the ratio system could be changed.

- Creating common eggs in accord with popularity/demand.

Also, a shop would help to alleviate the worst problem of unobtainable breeds by making them available even to bad catchers.

I must agree with most of your points. I wasn't thinking of changing the ratios system as the only solution. I think we will need a combo of several options.

I must agree with most of your points. I wasn't thinking of changing the ratios system as the only solution. I think we will need a combo of several options.

Three days ago, with the biomes moving at a decent clip, I saw three CB golds in one afternoon. Not that i caught any. My cursor was, as always, in the wrong spot. Still, in a few hours of sporadic refreshing, I saw three. So, yes, the biomes need to move for them to be seen. It would be nice if one of the several proposed methods of getting them to move was acceptable.

Slightly related question, where do I report potential scripters? I missed three golds in the past two days and they all went to the same user whose scroll is hidden, looks suspicious.

Slightly related question, where do I report potential scripters? I missed three golds in the past two days and they all went to the same user whose scroll is hidden, looks suspicious.

Might want to just PM TJ with the info and he'll investigate the situation himself.

This is possibly a silly question, but if the scroll is hidden, how does one tell that all 3 went to the same scroll? Doesn't that make it impossible for us to see the scroll or the dragons on it?

This is possibly a silly question, but if the scroll is hidden, how does one tell that all 3 went to the same scroll? Doesn't that make it impossible for us to see the scroll or the dragons on it?

Maybe the name is visible on the eggs page but the scroll itself is hidden?

Actually, while following a link on another topic, I just now saw a comment by someone who said that she was getting eggs Viewbombed even with her scroll hidden because her scroll name was visible even then, *when using the Dragonmarket on EATW*, so it seems that it's actually possible in that case...

Actually, while following a link on another topic, I just now saw a comment by someone who said that she was getting eggs Viewbombed even with her scroll hidden because her scroll name was visible even then, *when using the Dragonmarket on EATW*, so it seems that it's actually possible in that case...

If they're on EATW's Dragonmarket, a viewbomber can just grab the codes and enter them in certain hatcheries separately. Having the rest of your scroll hidden is no use if the egg itself is posted in public.

How someone can tell whether some CBs all ended up on the same hidden scroll, I don't see how it's possible.

Edit to clarify: Hiding your scroll doesn't hide your dragons if someone knows their individual code; it only prevents anyone from browsing the pages of your scroll together. (Just hid mine, copied a lineage page url, logged out and tested it) So what AnanoKimi said is possible, though it would be a dumb mistake if someone really did have something to hide.

Edited by Gryphonic

Who knows but that does seem counter intuitive. Maybe to ensure that when they breed things out they know who it belongs to in case of an auto abandon and such.

Anyways this is making the topic trail of its purpose which has been settled on the fact that biome movement will be the main reliever to this issue. Once biomes start moving and more eggs are cycled through to users we can truly start to gauge how rare things really are due to ratios.

If they're on EATW's Dragonmarket, a viewbomber can just grab the codes and enter them in certain hatcheries separately.  Having the rest of your scroll hidden is no use if the egg itself is posted in public.

How someone can tell whether some CBs all ended up on the same hidden scroll, I don't see how it's possible. 

Edit to clarify: Hiding your scroll doesn't hide your dragons if someone knows their individual code; it only prevents anyone from browsing the pages of your scroll together.  (Just hid mine, copied a lineage page url, logged out and tested it)  So what AnanoKimi said is possible, though it would be a dumb mistake if someone really did have something to hide.

Having the code(s) show on posted dragons, rather than the scroll name on a hidden scroll, obviously makes sense, and if all 3 of the codes noted were posted for trade by the same person, that would identify them.

Because EATW isn't on DC, it might perhaps make anyone who *might* be (rather than simply a fast catcher) a cheater catching eggs for trade feel safer about posting them there?

And if they aren't cheaters, they'd not be hiding the eggs to conceal them but to protect them from Viewbombers.

People posting trades do sometimes have a problem with idiots Viewbombing their eggs, as do people simply making lucky catches.

I Fog my babies when I can't watch them, and I happen to know that mine are certainly not acquired by cheating, lol, (or CB Golds, drat it! xd.png ) but while the Fogging and unFogging is a pain in the rear, I really don't like the idea of hiding my scroll, while others feel differently and save themselves a lot of trouble with endless manual Fogging/unFogging that way.

And there are people who can catch several CB Golds/Silvers a day without cheating at all, generally with a business or other super-fast connection.

And there are people who can catch several CB Golds/Silvers a day without cheating at all, generally with a business or other super-fast connection.

But not within minutes of each other in several different biomes.

Why would someone hide his or her scroll while, at the same time, keep the scroll name on the dragons? Sorry but doesn't make sense. Let's hope that Craxor will come back and explain blink.gif

I do that fairly often especially when i have eggs for ND attempts biggrin.gif

I don't support Metals of any kind being less rare. Do I wish I could catch them? Heck yes, I would love a CB Gold or even more than one CB Silver. But I don't think that making them less rare is the right move, because that's just a temporary solution. People like me (by which I mean, I seem to have a terrible hunting strategy and never catch anything good) will probably miss them even if they were as uncommon as, say, Trio eggs, and faster clickers would snap them up and they'd go right back to being rare. It would be a better idea to, as cyradis4 says, focus on moving the biomes and hatching and keeping more common, cave-blocker eggs. I saw a few metals and a cheese when everyone was freaking out over catching Xenos, but of course I missed all of them.

I do that fairly often especially when i have eggs for ND attempts  biggrin.gif

Hey I was talking about a different situation, while hunting... Let's assume that Fast Catcher caught one CB Gold. Since Fast Catcher is showing his/her name on that CB, the people that missed know who has the egg. Rinse and repeat. Again. If the people that missed are jealous, they can view-bomb directly the eggs. If Fast Catcher is careful, those eggs will be fogged so the jealous person can't do a thing. Unless the jealous person decides to equate hidden scroll with CB Golds to suspicious and report.

Edited by SullenCat

I don't support Metals of any kind being less rare. Do I wish I could catch them? Heck yes, I would love a CB Gold or even more than one CB Silver. But I don't think that making them less rare is the right move, because that's just a temporary solution. People like me (by which I mean, I seem to have a terrible hunting strategy and never catch anything good) will probably miss them even if they were as uncommon as, say, Trio eggs, and faster clickers would snap them up and they'd go right back to being rare. It would be a better idea to, as cyradis4 says, focus on moving the biomes and hatching and keeping more common, cave-blocker eggs. I saw a few metals and a cheese when everyone was freaking out over catching Xenos, but of course I missed all of them.

The solution reached at this point is a combination of biome movement, common desirability through their lower of time in the AP and slight ratio adjustments. So no its not just dropping rarity but fixing the issue that causes them to be so rare which is dealing with dirt commons no one wants and trying to make them in some way desirable.