rendragyn

Make CB Golds **slighty** less rare

Teleports links are great, but somebody kept adding my Silvers to hatcheries and I just didn't feel like dealing with that.

I think a great solution for this, would be making unable to add an egg or hatchie in a teleport to a hatchery .-.

Idk, sounds good to me. I hate when people hatches my etleporting eggs T________T

Edit: And the fact that no one has taken your offer of 8 CB Silvers for 1 CB Gold, maybe is a proof of how scarce and valuable they're to people :S

Edited by Ylvanne

It would be nice if things in teleport links couldn't get views at all, but that's a suggestion for a different thread entirely. xd.png

They're not too scarce right now. I saw 2 in as many days, while CB Silvers are a little rarer now than they were a little while ago. At least, that's my observation from watching the Coast.

I think a great solution for this, would be making unable to add an egg or hatchie in a teleport to a hatchery .-.

Idk, sounds good to me. I hate when people hatches my etleporting eggs T________T

Edit: And the fact that no one has taken your offer of 8 CB Silvers for 1 CB Gold, maybe is a proof of how scarce and valuable they're to people :S

Or maybe its an indication that those who HAVE CB Golds don't want any more CB Silvers?

Have you tried / considered diversifying a bit? Trying to catch things like, oh, CB Green Coppers to add to the pot instead of all Silvers? Or CB Trios?

Of course, it does seem Golds are going through a rare phase (not many up for trade), but I personally wouldn't trade a CB Green Copper for a CB Silver. Silvers are, to be perfectly honest, fairly ugly compared to most of the new sprites. IMO, I think the only reason they are worth so much is because they are a true rare, and not because they are pretty enough to deserve it.

Cheers!

C4.

Or maybe its an indication that those who HAVE CB Golds don't want any more CB Silvers?

Have you tried / considered diversifying a bit? Trying to catch things like, oh, CB Green Coppers to add to the pot instead of all Silvers? Or CB Trios?

Of course, it does seem Golds are going through a rare phase (not many up for trade), but I personally wouldn't trade a CB Green Copper for a CB Silver. Silvers are, to be perfectly honest, fairly ugly compared to most of the new sprites. IMO, I think the only reason they are worth so much is because they are a true rare, and not because they are pretty enough to deserve it.

Cheers!

C4.

ARE NOT !!!!

- but I agree that green coppers seem the hardest thing of ALL just now. I did SEE a passing gold the other day - but I've not seen a green copper in MONTHS. (Or a blusang - but I gather others have.)

That said - I don't think I'd specially go for 8 of any one breed in a trade. As C4 says - diversify a bit. Sure silvers are nice - but why 8, unless for someone who has none ?

ARE NOT !!!!

- but I agree that green coppers seem the hardest thing of ALL just now. I did SEE a passing gold the other day - but I've not seen a green copper in MONTHS. (Or a blusang - but I gather others have.)

That said - I don't think I'd specially go for 8 of any one breed in a trade. As C4 says - diversify a bit. Sure silvers are nice - but why 8, unless for someone who has none ?

I saw one verdigris today. Of course, I was too slow, but at least I saw one. ninja.gif

Cheers!

C4.

Heh silvers are... plain in my honest opinion. To me they have the same allure that Dragonair has. Dratini and Dragonair are pretty but also a little plain. They're snake thingies with little ears and Dragonair has the added orbs and horn but thats it. Silvers are plain but pretty. I like them.

The part in bold is why I keep trying to suggest that aside from improved ratios and biome moving suggestion we also add in more rares. Working with the same 5-8 rares for years on out gets pretty damn boring. Lets mix it up. We've seen how much hype new yet common releases get, especially if they come from more than one biome. With Coppers breeding according to biome, it makes for such a diverse system. the thing is most commons and uncommons soon loose hype and interest because everyone soon realizes that everyone and their dead ancestors can get one and as such holds little value other than swaping same breeds from different biomes. The reason that golds and silvers are mostly used for things like Gen 2 Prizes and the such is because thats the only other thing thats relatively scares and can't be obtained by anyone without CB prize

On top of that, demand for one breed strains its ratios so allowing other breeds to fill in some of that demand would alleviate that ratio strain and make them easier to obtain. So not only would users have a somewhat better access to rares, should they be unable to catch one particular rare, they can use one of the many other breeds to get what they need. Diversifying the breeds of rares also creates a more workable and dynamic trading system.

It doesn't have to be more RARES as such - and I really don't think we need more; that will just be more stuff people like me can't catch and superfast people (and scripters) can hold us all to ransom for.. More things people want would float my boat. I'd like a few 2 gen hellfire boys from undines, myself, and while I can't hope to catch CB metals to trade for them, I'd gladly breed 2 gens, for instance. That kind of thing. Hard to GET, rather than hard to CATCH. Like that one someone - was it C4? - needed - an albino form something that took MONTHS.

More rares will just lead to more ratio issues. Back to square one within days.

ETA I'm not sure what pokemon sprites have to do with this game - but the silvers - which I LOVE just as they are - are FAR prettier than either of those - which are flat and dull.

Edited by fuzzbucket

Pokémon are 3D models now, not sprites. :3 /random

Diversity is fine in general, but I wasn't going to lock myself with CB Green Coppers when there was a chance I could have caught the CB Gold myself if I kept looking. I probably should have moved myself from the Coast to the Alpine to look for Almandines, though. That might've gotten me the trade faster.

It would be great if we had more things that are difficult to get without needing to catch them, or if the ratios issue was addressed so we could add more rares into the cave without having them be nigh unobtainable.

Why can't tj just code against scripts. It's pretty easy to find scripts for dragoncave. Just try googling "scripts for dragoncave" and voila. So why can't tj find those scripts and code the site to block them and notify them when the site detects it. Them tj just bans the offending scroll and checks for multi scrolls while he's doing it. That seems to me to be pretty simple

Why can't tj just code against scripts. It's pretty easy to find scripts for dragoncave. Just try googling "scripts for dragoncave" and voila. So why can't tj find those scripts and code the site to block them and notify them when the site detects it. Them tj just bans the offending scroll and checks for multi scrolls while he's doing it. That seems to me to be pretty simple

I would imagine because every time one script is blocked, clever people just write another. If he could have, I've no doubt he would have. He's dead cleaver - but so are the cheats.

It doesn't have to be more RARES as such - and I really don't think we need more; that will just be more stuff people like me can't catch and superfast people (and scripters) can hold us all to ransom for.. More things people want would float my boat. I'd like a few 2 gen hellfire boys from undines, myself, and while I can't hope to catch CB metals to trade for them, I'd gladly breed 2 gens, for instance. That kind of thing. Hard to GET, rather than hard to CATCH. Like that one someone - was it C4? - needed - an albino form something that took MONTHS.

More rares will just lead to more ratio issues. Back to square one within days.

ETA I'm not sure what pokemon sprites have to do with this game - but the silvers - which I LOVE just as they are - are FAR prettier than either of those - which are flat and dull.

A year, actually.... A bloody, blasted YEAR! Over 35 breedings. And yep, it was me who needed an Albino from Olive. >.< *mutters balefully at dragons*.

I'd say, uncommons a bit less common than Trios would work best, for diversity. As for Silvers not being ugly.... I stick by what I say! I see them as a fairly ugly sprite for what they cost tongue.gif A true rare should be one of the prettiest sprites on the site.

Why can't tj just code against scripts. It's pretty easy to find scripts for dragoncave. Just try googling  "scripts for dragoncave" and voila. So why can't tj find those scripts and code the site to block them and notify them when the site detects it. Them tj just bans the offending scroll and checks for multi scrolls while he's doing it. That seems to me to be pretty simple

Its.... not nearly that simple. In fact, dealing with scripters is ... a great deal harder than that.

Cheers!

C4.

Lets mix it up. We've seen how much hype new yet common releases get, especially if they come from more than one biome. With Coppers breeding according to biome, it makes for such a diverse system. the thing is most commons and uncommons soon loose hype and interest because everyone soon realizes that everyone and their dead ancestors can get one and as such holds little value other than swaping same breeds from different biomes.
I'd rather have more commons, maybe even uncommons. Because that "hype" you're advertising means that the eggs get rare darn quickly. Which, in turn, means that the new breed will be as good as unobtainable. I've seen more than one uncommon release where just that happened: Trios - couldn't catch one CB for months on end. Yay for biomes! Coppers - still considered rare, though they weren't supposed to be. I only got mine because most people were locked with the eggs from the previous 7-day release. Almandine and Spessartine, which - if my memory serves me correctly - were supposed to be uncommon at worst. Blusangs, which were rated incredibly high for the first year after their release. Do I need to go on?

The reason that golds and silvers are mostly used for things like Gen 2 Prizes and the such is because thats the only other thing thats relatively scares and can't be obtained by anyone without CB prize
So, let's add more things that can't be obtained by just anyone, only by people with CB prizes or certain tools. Absolutely great idea! /sarcasm

With ratios issues adressed, the drops would be improved and as such not as difficult to catch now. Any argument of "more things people can't catch" sems mainly based on current as is situation not in the possibility of an improved situation.

Again as the situation is now adding in more rares would be the downfal of this site. The ratios suck, biome movement is bad, and cheaters/fast clickers dominate. With improved biome ratios and biome movement adding in more rares wouldn't be a detremental since drops for prior rares would probably ease up to allow for better trading and the spread out rare focus would eventually even out the hype to a bit more balanced state.

And, as I've said before, I'd like to see a drastic improvement in the ratios way before any more rares got released.

And, as I've said before, I'd like to see a drastic improvement in the ratios way before any more rares got released.

And of course that would have to happen first before any rares get released. Everything would have to happen in order for it to work. We can't add in more rares without fixing ratios so its a must that ratios get fixed though some method be it TJ directly messing with them or something that does it for him like the 5 Min AP Kick.

We've seen how much hype new yet common releases get, especially if they come from more than one biome.

The problem is that a lot of the hype happens because of the copper fiasco - we had no idea they were going to be so rare, so a lot of people didn't get more than 2 or 3 (7 breeds in 7 days was a lesson in compromise), then discovered that they COULDN'T catch them later on. From my memory (and I may be wrong) that was when people started really frothing at the mouth to catch new releases immediately. And coppers were not supposed to be rare.

Sure people would get excited about new releases, but there was a sort of driver of fear added at that point. I can't see a new rare helping at all. The ratios need to be fixed (which you also say in the last post? Bit confused by your stance) so that there are more rares produced before adding more dragons that are unobtainable for the majority of the community. Not just hard, but unobtainable. I think I've caught 2 CB metals since I joined? And seen maybe a half dozen that I missed. Tbh I struggle to catch trios with any reliability. I'd actually accepted that my goal of a CB pair of each was not going to happen, and the further goal - 4 or 5 more pairs of each on top of that - was utterly ludicrous. Still think it's utterly ludicrous really. But the point is that rares need to be *possible* for most users to obtain if they stick with the game long enough. And I don't think they are at the moment.

There are SO MANY suggestions at the moment that exist *because* the ratios are no longer working. I believe when TJ implemented them they did do the job as intended, but as the site has evolved, the ratio system has not, and it is now being detrimental to the site. It would take actual fiddling with them, not just 5 min AP kick, as there are a lot of screwy breeding things going on as well.

tl;dr - Definitely need to improve the ratios which should help the CB Gold scarcity, and would also allow the possible introduction of new rares.

Indeed, we're all on the same page here. Fix the ratios first, then we can consider another true rare to ease the burden on Golds.

hi,

i did not read all 26 sites, sorry, and english is not my mother language, so it is always possible, i misunderstood something.

i read on the first side "keep on hunting" and this makes me a little bit mad (only little ^^ ) - i'm on DC a very long time, it was my first online game ever. i have not one self-hunted cb gold, because i'm far away and have a slow pc.

but i don't say, the ratio should be more high, because there are enough. i please the people, who hunt all the time with big success, make a rest! let us with looser-pcs/slow-iNets have a chance too. This would not destroy your thriving business with the cb-golds.

Maybe that could be made as a kind of event.

or, the other possiblity, that TJ-Master-of-programming makes a kind of limit, if a person has hunted for example 5 golds in a week, it is not possible to take a sixth, like holiday-eggs somehow.

The problem is that a lot of the hype happens because of the copper fiasco - we had no idea they were going to be so rare, so a lot of people didn't get more than 2 or 3 (7 breeds in 7 days was a lesson in compromise), then discovered that they COULDN'T catch them later on. From my memory (and I may be wrong) that was when people started really frothing at the mouth to catch new releases immediately. And coppers were not supposed to be rare.

Sure people would get excited about new releases, but there was a sort of driver of fear added at that point. I can't see a new rare helping at all. The ratios need to be fixed (which you also say in the last post? Bit confused by your stance) so that there are more rares produced before adding more dragons that are unobtainable for the majority of the community. Not just hard, but unobtainable. I think I've caught 2 CB metals since I joined? And seen maybe a half dozen that I missed. Tbh I struggle to catch trios with any reliability. I'd actually accepted that my goal of a CB pair of each was not going to happen, and the further goal - 4 or 5 more pairs of each on top of that - was utterly ludicrous. Still think it's utterly ludicrous really. But the point is that rares need to be *possible* for most users to obtain if they stick with the game long enough. And I don't think they are at the moment.

There are SO MANY suggestions at the moment that exist *because* the ratios are no longer working. I believe when TJ implemented them they did do the job as intended, but as the site has evolved, the ratio system has not, and it is now being detrimental to the site. It would take actual fiddling with them, not just 5 min AP kick, as there are a lot of screwy breeding things going on as well.

tl;dr - Definitely need to improve the ratios which should help the CB Gold scarcity, and would also allow the possible introduction of new rares.

Yea, the Copper thing was.... *shudders*

I STILL haven't seen a single CB Copper that has a "Caught On" date of May 27th through June 1st, 2013. And while Coppers breed quite well..... Their CBs are still very elusive.

And yes, I agree. If we can get ratios regulating themselves better, then most of the problems we have will go away.

Cheers!

C4.

I do want a CB gold.... and I do reckon golds should be shlighty less rare, but I don't see that happening unless TJ adds a platinum dragon that is super rare or something.

What Tehya said, we're all on the same page and agree that before anything happens, ratios need to get fixed first. Either TJ manually adjusts them every so often to help keep up with the changing demand of breeds or an idea like the 5 minute AP kikc should be implemented to help make blockers more desirable and thus get raised more.

Once thatis fixed, and only after it is fixed, can we consider adding in more rares. Anytime before ratios get fixed would hurt the site and piss of users.

So my stance is that of almost everyone else. First fix ratios to ensure that rares drop a bit more than they do now. Once they are dropping a bit better than they are now then we can consider in more rares.

Well, if you recall, at the time we were asking about the Coppers in the thread and were assured that they were only unCommon and not intended to be rare - it was the rumour of rareness (since unCommon Floods start mixing in with other dragons much sooner and more than do those of Commons, even though rare Floods would presumably run dry MUCH faster) and, of course, their lovely sprites triggering HOARD!!! instincts, lol, which caused them to become taken so quickly and to fall into the 'trade fodder' category, causing many more to be taken than likely would have otherwise been for most personal scroll goals, creating and maintaining the cycle of user-created rarity.

So now, as you point out, people are nervous and I recall seeing posts to the effect that in the last couple of Releases, where ?a glitch? caused an interruption in their appearance, there were some posting trades of presumed rares for CB Golds, so since it seems that the unCommons we get Released in recent years tend now to go rare due to the aforementioned instances, this continues concerns that many may not be able to get New Releases if they don't immediately do so, on top of the usual New Dragonz NAOW thing, lol.

So nice to see the bulk of us in agreement on the need for the ratio issue to be addressed so that we can all move forward! Just hope that TJ is considering that biome shuffle kick-to-the-AP thing, which would certainly help, over time. smile.gif

Again, what will happen if TJ does not implement the "dump unwanted in the AP" and, in general, does not implement anything that will affect the rarity of the rares? Again, I assume that more and more "commons" will be released and, in consequence, we will see less rares and even less metals. What is the next best suggestion?

Again, what will happen if TJ does not implement the "dump unwanted in the AP" and, in general, does not implement anything that will affect the rarity of the rares? Again, I assume that more and more "commons" will be released and, in consequence, we will see less rares and even less metals. What is the next best suggestion?

Then that would show that TJ is blatantly igonoring his userbase which is trying hard to make sure the game remains fun and appealing for all. People who do not enjoy a game will not have the incentive enough to donate or purchase items associated to the game. As such if the system continues as is, it is likely that many of the experienced older users will dwindle and leave one by one and this site will be populated by uers who plauy for a week or so before leaving until it eventually dies down.

Especially since this site offers no perks for donation or purchase of anything, the appeal will drop once users find it hard to get nice things and boring to get the same thing over and over.

So here's hoping TJ is doing more than just skimming through these threads and actually trying to take the time to read some of it little by little to get an idea of the fact that users want a game with a bit more fareness in ways that benefit everyone and don't severely skew the game for one particular group.

Then that would show that TJ is blatantly igonoring his userbase which is trying hard to make sure the game remains fun and appealing for all. People who do not enjoy a game will not have the incentive enough to donate or purchase items associated to the game. As such if the system continues as is, it is likely that many of the experienced older users will dwindle and leave one by one and this site will be populated by uers who plauy for a week or so before leaving until it eventually dies down.

Especially since this site offers no perks for donation or purchase of anything, the appeal will drop once users find it hard to get nice things and boring to get the same thing over and over.

So here's hoping TJ is doing more than just skimming through these threads and actually trying to take the time to read some of it little by little to get an idea of the fact that users want a game with a bit more fareness in ways that benefit everyone and don't severely skew the game for one particular group.

I don't think so. It MIGHT just show that we don't actually KNOW how it all works and are completely not getting it from HIS POV.

I don't think there is anything here that is plain unfair. No-one can blame TJ for the crap connections some of us have, or for the fact that there are different time zones. It's not his fault that some players cheat - and that's the only player group that is genuinely "unfairly advantaged".

I really don't think it helps anyone to say "if things aren't improved the way I want them, TJ is neglecting us and ignoring the player base." No - there are no inducements here. But equally there are no costs. We get quite a lot for no money here, you know. I would FAR rather have no perks than see money come into it in ANY way.

And I for one am still enjoying myself, even without the second CB male gold I "need".