helix9

Cave of Courtship

Day: 1

My dragon: Turpentine

Visiting dragon: Brimstone

Attempt: Magic 10

A brimstone dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more shinies.

My frill attracted a bleeding moon. I'm using 10/10 magic, because I seem to have only magic items. Why do I not have other items? I'm missing a few things here. xP

You know I really wish there was a better explanation for this event. Right not it seems like everyone is pretty confused and just doing random things to get more or less the exact same results - except for a handful of people that actually manage to get 1 different dragon attracted.

it's very frustrating.

I FINALLY got a Grave to show up instead of the White but when I referrence that google document another user posted, it was weird since I had 10 magic and she was asking for more sweets (same as the white). According to that doc, they prefer Shinies and meat?

Checked my eggs then back to my cave with the exact same layout and attracted an imperial fresh crown, who like the mana but wanted more sweets (also same as the white).

Thought something was funny so went back to my eggs, then back to the cave and here's the white again and she's not leaving. dry.gif Must have been a glitch or something in the programming that got my hopes up.

It's a good thing I dont work today so I can set aside some time to try to figure out what is going on but I really think a little more clarity on how this works would make the event more enjoyable.

I like the idea of being able to attract different dragons based on how I decorate, I'm just tired of getting the same dragon over and over regardless of what I put in there. Kind of defeats the purpose if thats the case.

I likewise don't have that level of patience, but I copy-pasted the message and list when I was decorating, so...

A copper dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of meat, but left to find a dragon with more meat.

• Magic(3/10)

• Meat(0/10)

• Shinies(3/10)

• Sweets(0/10)

• Misc.(2/10)

A copper dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of meat, but left to find a dragon with more shinies.

• Magic(3/10)

• Meat(6/10)

• Shinies(3/10)

• Sweets(0/10)

• Misc.(2/10)

A copper dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more meat.

• Magic(3/10)

• Meat(6/10)

• Shinies(6/10)

• Sweets(0/10)

• Misc.(2/10)

A copper dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of meat, but left to find a dragon with more shinies.

• Magic(3/10)

• Meat(8/10)

• Shinies(6/10)

• Sweets(0/10)

• Misc.(2/10)

A copper dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more meat.

• Magic(3/10)

• Meat(8/10)

• Shinies(8/10)

• Sweets(0/10)

• Misc.(2/10)

• Magic(3/10)

• Meat(10/10)

• Shinies(8/10)

• Sweets(0/10)

• Misc.(2/10)

• Magic(3/10)

• Meat(10/10)

• Shinies(10/10)

• Sweets(0/10)

• Misc.(2/10)

• Magic(5/10)

• Meat(10/10)

• Shinies(10/10)

• Sweets(0/10)

• Misc.(2/10)

This is with a CB Blusang (Coast) if the background cave influences the result any. (Which it might; it occurs to me Coppers are Coast dragons too.)

My TL:DR takeaway is that when the proportion of meat is higher than the proportion of shinies, she is interested. When the proportion of shinies is higher or equal to the meat, she is only mildly interested. But she does seem to want more of both.

I started last night, right as things got started and ended up using a white dragon as I couldn't scroll down to pick something else. LOL

So far she has only been visited by a rather fickle Golden Weavern. Who like shinnies and mana. I have very few meats.

My daughter who saw what i was doing and figured out how to select the dragon, Picked her ND for this. She threw everything in there 10/10/10/10/10 and has only seen a Pyralspite.

My sister in law is using a magma, and is laughing because she can get a Shadowwalker, desepsis or nebula to stop by.

I had a Radiant Angel as my male attracting a Harvest wanting Sweets and Meat, and once a Bleeding Moon wanting Misc stuff. I don't remember the exact numbers I used for them though.

Good stuff so far guys! I've re-tailored the first post and will try to be active in updating it once we start collecting lots more information.

Using a bred/cave Whiptail dragon, with 10/10 of everything, a Grave dragon visited, but left for more shinies.

Edit - the Grave dragon likes the collection of shinies, but then goes for more meat.

Edited by Zeditha

Day: One

My Dragon Species: Waterhorse

Visiting Dragon: Brimstone

Item Ratio: 10/10 Meat, 9/10 Sweets, 4/10 Shinies

Message: "A brimstone dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more shinies."

My Dragon Species: Waterhorse

Visiting Dragon: Brimstone

Item Ratio: 9/10 Meat, 9/10 Sweets, 10/10 Shinies

Message: "A brimstone dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of shinies, but left to find a dragon with more miscellaneous items."

EDIT: Interesting to note that nearly any combination of items still attracts a Brimstone. I have no idea what this means, but it's happening

Edited by Ayesthine

[b]Day:[/b] day of event
[b]Location:[/b]
[b]My dragon:[/b] [u]Breed here[/u] (CB)
[b]Visiting dragon:[/b] [u]Breed here[/u]
[b]Notes:[/b] 
[b]Attempts[/b]: (numbers are: Magic - Meat - Shinies - Sweets - Misc.)
[*]0-0-0-0-0 - 
[*]0-0-0-0-0 - 
[*]0-0-0-0-0 - 
[*]0-0-0-0-0 - 
[*]0-0-0-0-0 - 
[*]0-0-0-0-0 - 
[/list]

My dragon: Balloon (CB)

Visiting dragon: Undine (if another came by, I missed it or forgot a combo)

Notes: No visit without a minimum of 6 total items. Alterations to the received message depend exclusively on the number of Magic and Shiny items

Attempts: (numbers are: Magic - Meat - Shinies - Sweets - Misc.)

• 6 to 10 of magic only- She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of mana, but left to find a dragon with more shinies.
  • 6-10 of one category other than magic- She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more mana.
  • Every combo with magic and one or less shiny I tried: She seems interested, but doesn't stay long. It seems she liked the collection of mana, but left to find a dragon with more shinies.
  • 0-3-0-3-3 - She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more mana.
  • 3 of 2 different categories excluding mana - She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more mana.
  • 3 Magic with 3 of another category: She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of mana, but left to find a dragon with more shinies.

Magic and Shiny combos

• More Shines than Magic: She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more mana.
  • Magic greater than or equal to Shines: She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of mana, but left to find a dragon with more shinies.
Conclusion: Undine will be attracted in the end to combo of Magic and Shines with shines most likely being of slightly higher quantity than magic. Edited by JBluewind

I'm using a caveborn Sweetling, and so far attracted a Shadow Walker. I'm trying different items and moving things around, but am still attracting the same breed.

Edit: I tried moving things around and adding/removing new things three times and she's still looking for a dragon with more sweets.

Edited by Sleepsong

My Dragon Species: CB Water

Visiting Dragon: Red

Item Ratio: 10:7:9:7:6

Message: A red dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more meat.

In the interest of helping someone looking for a red, I'll mess with my numbers:

10:10:9:7:6 No change. Do I have to leave it for a certain amount of time?

Your cave is gray? Mine is brown, nebula from the desert, does that make a differnce you think?

I don't think anyone posted a response so I guess I'll post one.

I think the way your cave will be split into 7 categories: Alpine, Coast, Desert, Forest, Jungle, Volcano, and lastly lineaged. All lineaged dragons would just have a plain gray cave and caveborn dragons selected would have themes matching in where the CB was found. smile.gif I haven't see a Coastal/Desert/Forest/Jungle theme, but I have seen an Alpine/Volcano theme so far. This is probably why we saw locations near the dragons we had to select to "lure" in another dragon.

I picked a CB Gold with a Alpine location and got a icy cave look. Regardless of where the cave is, I attracted a "Teimarr" dragon and those are only suppose to be found in Coast as far as I know so I don't think location/theme of your cave will increase/decrease your chances of finding breeds of dragons that are only found in one or a few biomes.

My Dragon Species: Winter

Visiting Dragon: Desipis

Item Ratio: Magic - 8/10; Shinies - 9/10; Sweets - 8/10; Misc. - 7/10

Message: A desipis dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more mana

I have no idea how this event really works. So I'm most likely going to fail at this.

Day:1

My Dragon Species: Heartseaker ((my cb one I think. I was half awake this morning when I started this. Also if its about match making they are suited best for that right?))

Visiting Dragon:Bleeding Moon

Item Ratio:10/10 on all items

Message:A bleeding moon dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more miscellaneous items.

Honestly I don't care for the bleeding moons so her leaving is fine by me. What I want to know is if a female comes to actually stay does that mean they are on our scrolls or not.

WB

Edited by Wolfs_Bane

Wow, finally got rid of the Bleeding Moon and got a White. Had to use nothing but sweets (anything else got the Bleeding Moon)! She wants mana...time to see if the Bleeding moon comes back when put out magic items...

Edit: crud...the moment I put down magic items the bleeding moon comes back...ARGH!

Edited by Slaskia

My Dragon Species: Vampire!

Visiting Dragon: Bleeding Moon Dragon

Item Ratio: Magic 3/10, Meat 10/10, Shines 5/10, Sweets 4/10, Misc 10/10

Message: A bleeding moon dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of miscellaneous items, but left to find a dragon with more meat.

I will try that attempt things on day two lol

Edit: I actually got a Teimarr for a moment while I was change the flower I had on my vampire, but then when I tried to put down more sweets, it change back to the Bleeding Moon lol

Edited by Lady Dragoon

I have this theory that the initial dragon attracted will not be the final one, but merely a random dragon assigned for the day. I believe the final dragon will rely on the ratio of magic, meat, shinies, sweet and miscellaneous items.

That being said I have stopped experimenting and just focused on making my dragon's cave look good.

My Dragon Species: Falconiform Wyvern (CB)

Visiting Dragon: Desipis

Item Ratio: Magic 10 , Meat 8 , Shinies 10 , Sweets 3 , Misc 3

Message: A desipis dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of mana, but left to find a dragon with more meat.

So far my dragon didn't get any other vistor, no matter how often I changed the decoration. (Though I've never had less than 9 magical items in the cave while decorating ^^)

Edited by Hermeline

My Dragon Species: Royal Crimson

Visiting Dragon: Bright Pink

Item Ratio: Everything's maxed out

Message: A bright pink dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn't stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more meat.

YES HOLY CRAP SARNAK DON'T YOU DARE BLOW THIS

Edited by Avarule

My Dragon Species: CB Gold

Visiting Dragon: Depisis

Item Ratio: (8 Magic/0 Meat/10 Shinies/7 Sweets/1 Misc)

Message: A desipis dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more mana.

My poor vegan Kingslayer, I hope he gets to attract someone. sad.gif

Aw, my Black Marrow attracted a copper lady - she seems to like meat and shinies, but prefers meat a bit over shinies laugh.gif

My dragon: Vampire

Visiting dragon: Valley Girl Fleshcrown

Notes: I say valley girl because this damn thing can't make up it's little bleached mind. Note: Sweets are at almost half bar full.

Attempts: (numbers are: Magic - Meat - Shinies - Sweets - Misc.)

[*]6-0-0-0-0 -

[*]2-0-0-0-0 -

[*]2-0-0-0-0 -

[*]6-0-0-0-0 -

[*]0-0-0-0-0 -

Message: A imperial fleshcrowne dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of sweets, but left to find a dragon with more shinies.

...huh, level 2. Have I really been posting that much?

Edited by 413x

My Dragon Species: Autumn Seasonal

Visiting Dragon: Black

Item Ratio: Magic(10/10) Meat(7/10) Shinies(10/10) Sweets(9/10) Misc.(6/10)

Message: A black dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of mana, but left to find a dragon with more meat.

Wow, finally got rid of the Bleeding Moon and got a White. Had to use nothing but sweets (anything else got the Bleeding Moon)! She wants mana...time to see if the Bleeding moon comes back when put out magic items...

Edit: crud...the moment I put down magic items the bleeding moon comes back...ARGH!

/comfort, for being "mildly interested" I sure can't get rid of this tiemarr.