helix9

Cave of Courtship

Day: 4

My Dragon: CB Vampire

Visiting Dragon: Brimstone

Attempts:

• 12-29-30-30-28 -A brimstone dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of shinies, but left to find a dragon with more miscellaneous items.
  • 18-31-40-38-31 - A brimstone dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of shinies, but left to find a dragon with more miscellaneous items
Notes:

...i actually got interested in the first go before I change anything. laugh.gif

Edited by Lady Dragoon

I started the event just after midnight on Day 2 (I've been sick so I'm just glad I didn't miss it altogether) and it seems like I'm still behind everyone else. I only have 20 maximum, not 30 so far. I'm hoping I'll catch up by the end of the event.

I'm using a Brimstone Dragon and today he has a Bleeding Moon lady visiting his cave:

My Dragon: CB Brimstone

Visiting Dragon: Bleeding Moon

Item Ratio:

Magic: 10/20 - Meat: 20/20 - Shinies: 2/20 - Sweets: 0/20 - Misc. 20/20

A bleeding moon dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of miscellaneous items, but left to find a dragon with more meat.

Notes:

Primary want is meat, secondary want is miscellaneous items.

Edited by beyzoar

Day: 3

My Dragon: cb Bluesang

Visiting Dragon: Brimstone

Attempts:

• 30-13-34-23-24 - A brimstone dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of shinies, but left to find a dragon with more miscellaneous items.
  • 40-13-34-23-24 - A brimstone dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more shinies.
  • 40-13-40-23-24 - A brimstone dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more shinies.
Notes: Can I see a list somewhere to figure out which dragons are attrackted by magic/shinies? That's the kind of items I want to use for my dragon cave, but if the breeds are all horrible I'll have to reconsider.

The OP (helix9) can be edited by the original poster if they agree with your idea. Another thread would be a duplicate and quickly burned unless the OP decides to create another and ask for this one to be burned for a good reason and ALL data from this thread was brought over. helix9, rubyshoes, and other site mods are the only ones that can change, edit, or alter this topic in any way. All we can do is collect/compile data and propose/test hypotheses.

Speaking of which, here is a slightly altered form that I hope the OP likes. happy.gif

*cut for space*

Yeah, I've been keeping watch of the thread as much as I can between classes and schoolwork; a lot of the information has been congregating in mo7's googledoc and I've been tempted to just reiterate most of that info into the first post so people don't have to clickthrough to a bunch of stuff.

For example, mo7 says in the doc that the dragon breed and location may not matter as much as we think they did. It's possible that the info might still be useful in terms of breeds available to us (or those might even be random, who knows) but the items ratio is definitely the most important information.

That being said, I'll go ahead and add the extra tidbits you have on the code. We're still halfway through so there's still no 100% theory tacked down yet. I'm hoping people have been finding this useful, or at least fun to experiment with like I have!

My Dragon: Magi

Visiting Dragon: Pyralspite

Attempts:

• 28/40 Magic, 30/40 Meat, 28/40 Shinies, 29/40 Sweets, 28/40 Miscellaneous

"A Pyralspite comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more shinies."

• 28/40 Magic, 30/40 Meat, 31/40 Shinies, 29/40 Sweets, 28/40 Miscellaneous

"A Pyralspite comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of shinies, but left to find a dragon with more miscellaneous items."

• 28/40 Magic, 29/40 Meat, 31/40 Shinies, 28/40 Sweets, 30/40 Miscellaneous

"A Pyralspite comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of shinies, but left to find a dragon with more miscellaneous items."

• 28/40 Magic, 29/40 Meat, 30/40 Shinies, 28/40 Sweets, 31/40 Miscellaneous

"A Pyralspite comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more shinies."

Note:

This appears to be a color-related attraction, as my cave was decorated mostly pink and red: (I really overdid it; I was trying to attract a Bright Pink! xd.png )

user posted image

Also on Day: 4:

Visiting Dragon: Bleeding Moon

Attempts:

• 18/40 Magic, 14/40 Meat, 3/40 Shinies, 7/40 Sweets, 0/40 Miscellaneous

"A Bleeding Moon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more miscellaneous items."

• 11/40 Magic, 13/40 Meat, 3/40 Shinies, 7/40 Sweets, 14/40 Miscellaneous

"A Bleeding Moon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of miscellaneous items, but left to find a dragon with more meat."

I then tried to shoo off the Bleeding Moon by removing ALL meat and all miscellaneous items, but she is still hanging around. tongue.gif Until ...

Visiting Dragon: Bright Pink

Attempts:

• 9/40 Magic, 10/40 Meat, 1/40 Shinies, 23/40 Sweets, 5/40 Miscellaneous

"A Bright Pink comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more meat."

Also visited: Golden Wyvern, mildly interested. Left to find more shinies.

Edited by missy_

My Dragon: Silver

Visiting Dragon: Waterhorse

"A waterhorse dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of shinies, but left to find a dragon with more sweets."

Magic(10/40)

Meat(8/40)

Shinies(30/40)

Sweets(10/40)

Misc.(29/40)

Haven't changed the numbers from yesterday evening yet, but she's already interested from the get go. I'd actually tried to see if I could attract a pyralspite which is why I had mostly shinies and misc. I also have pretty much only red, orange and pink items. And instead I attract a very blue dragon?? At least the primary want was right, so I'd say that has the most influence on the dragon you'll get the next day, and secondary wants and colour matter way less.

Allright, a form seems to be a very helpful thing, so I'll gladly use it. I don't want to ruin the basic decoration of my cave, so I just put the two categories of the "dragon of the day" at maximum, to find out the needs, the other categories stay unchanged.

My Dragon: Royal Blue

Visiting Dragon: Gold-horned Tangar

Interested Message: ...It seems she liked the collection of [sweets], but left to find a dragon with more [Misc. Items].

Attempts:

Magic-Meat-Shinies-Sweets-Misc.

• she seems interested: 19-10-11-21-20
  • she seems mildly interested, but leaves to find more sweets: 19-10-11-21-22
Notes:

Gold-horned Tangar: Primary = Sweets, Secondary = Misc. Items

My Dragon: Verdigris Copper

Visiting Dragon: Black

Interested Message: ...It seems she liked the collection of Mana, but left to find a dragon with more Meat.

Attempts:

• 40-39-34-34-34 - Gave me the interested message
Notes:

Primary want is Mana, Secondary want is Meat, Secondary want still cannot be fully satisfied, and cannot have the same amount of items as the primary want.

At the start of today, my items were the same as yesterday: (I think) 24-29-24-24-30

My dragon: Ice (CB)

Visiting dragon: Waterhorse

Attempts: (numbers are: Magic - Meat - Shinies - Sweets - Misc.)

• 30-19-29-22-16 - A waterhorse dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more shinies.
  • 30-19-40-22-16 - A waterhorse dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of shinies, but left to find a dragon with more sweets.
  • 30-19-40-40-16 - A waterhorse dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of shinies, but left to find a dragon with more sweets.
  • 30-19-38-40-16 - A waterhorse dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more shinies.
  • 35-23-38-30-19 - A waterhorse dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of shinies, but left to find a dragon with more sweets.
  • 30-23-32-30-19 - A waterhorse dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more shinies.
  • 35-23-40-27-19 - A waterhorse dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of shinies, but left to find a dragon with more sweets.
Notes: This lady likes shinies (primary) and sweets (secondary). She is interested as long as the amount of shinies is much higher than sweets but leaves because she wants more sweets.

My Dragon: Golden Wyvern

Visiting Dragon: Imperial Fleshcrowne

Attempts:

• 39-39-39-40-39 - She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of sweets, but left to find a dragon with more shinies.
  • 38-38-39-40-38 - She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of sweets, but left to find a dragon with more shinies.
Notes:

I tried to figure out if there was a third preference, at one point had primary at 40, secondary at 39, and everything else at 38, but it didn't seem to affect anything.

Edited by Kyann

Grave, Black, Spessartine, and today a Tangar, all without changing a single thing since day 1. I'm probably not getting 'dark' dragons anymore since the item limit has been increased.. I'll have to fix that.

Days: Three and four

My Dragon: Geode

Attempts: five

30-30-30-30-30-

A waterhorse dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of shinies, but left to find a dragon with more sweets.

40-30-40-30-30

A waterhorse dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of shinies, but left to find a dragon with more sweets.

40-30-40-30-40

A nebula dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more mana.

40-40-40-30-40

A nebula dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more mana.

40-40-40-40-40

My Dragon: Vampire

Visiting Dragon: Balloon

Interested Message: She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more sweets.

• 18-33-40-38-21-^
  • 18-33-39-40-21 -A balloon dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of sweets, but left to find a dragon with more miscellaneous items.
  • 18-34-39-40-26 -A balloon dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of sweets, but left to find a dragon with more miscellaneous items.
  • 18-34-39-40-37 -A balloon dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of sweets, but left to find a dragon with more miscellaneous items.
Notes:

I just randomly decide to look at my cave and now I got a Balloon. Could be because I was adding a few here and there last night, but this is the first time I actually had a second dragon come and stay before a new day.

And I mean it didn't just disappear while I was trying to get it stuff it wants.

Edit: And I really don't have much of a color theme, as in I have a few things of different color.

Edited by Lady Dragoon

My Dragon: Silver

"A waterhorse dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of shinies, but left to find a dragon with more sweets."

Magic(10/40)

Meat(8/40)

Shinies(30/40)

Sweets(10/40)

Misc.(29/40)

Haven't changed the numbers from yesterday evening yet, but she's already interested from the get go. I'd actually tried to see if I could attract a pyralspite which is why I had mostly shinies and misc. I also have pretty much only red, orange and pink items. And instead I attract a very blue dragon?? At least the primary want was right, so I'd say that has the most influence on the dragon you'll get the next day, and secondary wants and colour matter way less.

And without changing the ratios or changing anything at alll... the next time I popped in instead of a Waterhorse I get "A nhiostrife wyvern comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more sweets."

Edited to add:

10-8-30-10-29

10-8-30-18-29

10-8-30-24-29

10-8-30-28-29

10-8-30-29-29

10-8-30-30-29

A nhiostrife wyvern comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more sweets.

10-8-30-31-29

A nhiostrife wyvern comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of sweets, but left to find a dragon with more shinies.

10-8-31-31-29

A nhiostrife wyvern comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more sweets.

10-8-31-34-29

A nhiostrife wyvern comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of sweets, but left to find a dragon with more shinies.

10-8-34-34-29

10-8-34-40-29

10-8-40-40-29

40-40-40-40-40

I'm not gonna try to attract a specific dragon for tomorrow, just have all everyhing maxed in different colours.

Another edit: Ok, left the cave again, and then went back. And now there's a pyralspite there. Seems like on Day 4 we'll have way more visitors than the earlier days. biggrin.gif

Edited by Caileh

Day:4

My Dragon: silver *please note if you attracted more than one breed and the combination that attracted them

Visiting Dragon: Terimar + Bleeding moon+harvest

Interested Message: ...It seems she liked the collection of meat, but left to find a dragon with more shinies. (terimar)

She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more miscellaneous items. (bleeding moon)

She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more sweets. (harvest)

Attempts:

• [1]23-30-30-12 (terimar)

[2]30-40-40-12 (terimar)

[3]23-40-40-12 (bleeding moon)

[4]23-40-40-12 (harvest)

0-0-0-0-0 -0-0-0-0-0 -Notes:

When I changed my mana color and rearranged my cave I got a new dragon. Not overly interested, but the first time I've had 2 different visitors in the same day.

Questions? What color is the earth mana?

Edited by sara4cows

This appears to be a color-related attraction, as my cave was decorated mostly pink and red: (I really overdid it; I was trying to attract a Bright Pink!  xd.png )

I don't think that it is color-related. I had only orange items in my cave and I kept exactly the same items yesterday and today. Yesterday my visitor was a Desipis (mostly black/gray). Today I have a Red dragon (obviously red), followed by a Bright Pink (not orange at all). I did not have a single red item in my cave. Nothing pink either.

There are only a few main colors that we can immediately identify and name. Let's say 20 for example. Even if the color of the visiting dragon is purely random, there is still a 5% chance that it will match the colors of the items in the cave. If you are one of these 5%, then of course you will think that this perfect match was intentional. Most of the 95% will not post messages saying that there was no match for them, so the lucky 5% are probably over-represented here.

Despite that, there are many messages saying that there was no color match and it is also obvious in some screenshots that the visiting dragon is not related to the color of the items present in the cave. So for the moment I can only conclude that there is no relation between the color of the items in the cave and the color of the visiting dragon.

And now for today's attempts... I had some surprises: blink.gif

My Dragon: Gold (CB)

Visiting Dragon: Red, Bright Pink, Black, Pyralspite

Interested Messages: Bright pink: It seems she liked the collection of meat, but left to find a dragon with more sweets. Black: It seems she liked the collection of mana, but left to find a dragon with more meat. Pyralspite: It seems she liked the collection of shinies, but left to find a dragon with more miscellaneous items.

Attempts:

• 20-0-8-20-0 (items from day 3) - A red dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more meat.
  • 20-21-8-20-0 (added some frogs) - A bright pink dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of meat, but left to find a dragon with more sweets.

Huh? A different dragon? huh.gif

• 20-20-8-20-0 - A bright pink dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of meat, but left to find a dragon with more sweets.
  • 20-10-8-20-0 - A bright pink dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of meat, but left to find a dragon with more sweets.
  • 20-0-8-20-0 - A bright pink dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of meat, but left to find a dragon with more sweets.

Now this is interesting because I am back to the original item mix, but still I have a bright pink instead of a red dragon. huh.gif

• 20-40-8-20-0 - A bright pink dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of meat, but left to find a dragon with more sweets.
  • 20-21-8-20-0 - A bright pink dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of meat, but left to find a dragon with more sweets.
  • 20-21-8-21-0 - A bright pink dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of meat, but left to find a dragon with more sweets.
  • 0-0-0-0-0 - (no message, as expected)
  • 0-6-0-0-0 (added some squids) - A black dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more mana.

Wow, the dragon changed again! Is it because it took me a long time to do all these tests? Do we get different visitors as time passes? huh.gif

• 0-6-0-0-0 (replaced the squids by frogs, to verify that the dragon will not change) - A black dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more mana.
  • 6-0-0-0-0 - A black dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of mana, but left to find a dragon with more meat.
  • 6-6-0-0-0 - A black dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of mana, but left to find a dragon with more meat.
  • 6-7-0-0-0 - A black dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more mana.
  • 6-0-0-0-0 (just to check that the dragon doesn't change again) - A black dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of mana, but left to find a dragon with more meat.
  • 6-0-6-0-0 (adding some pearls) - A black dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of mana, but left to find a dragon with more meat.
  • 6-0-7-0-0 - A black dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more mana.
  • 6-0-0-6-0 (let's try some bananas) - A black dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of mana, but left to find a dragon with more meat.
  • 6-0-0-7-0 - A black dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more mana.
  • 6-0-0-0-6 (and now a brown/orange doll) - A black dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of mana, but left to find a dragon with more meat.
  • 6-0-0-0-7 - A black dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more mana.
  • 20-0-0-0-0 - A black dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of mana, but left to find a dragon with more meat.
  • 20-20-0-0-0 - A black dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of mana, but left to find a dragon with more meat.
  • 20-21-0-0-0 - A black dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more mana.
  • 20-20-21-0-0 - A black dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more mana.
  • 20-20-0-21-0 - A black dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more mana.
  • 20-20-0-0-21 - A black dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more mana.
  • 20-0-8-20-0 (back to yesterday's mix) - A black dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of mana, but left to find a dragon with more meat.
  • (I wait a few minutes more, reload the page without changing anything, and then...)
  • 20-0-8-20-0 - A pyralspite dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more shinies.
  • 0-0-6-0-0 - A pyralspite dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of shinies, but left to find a dragon with more miscellaneous items.
  • 7-0-6-0-0 - A pyralspite dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more shinies.
  • 0-7-6-0-0 - A pyralspite dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more shinies.
  • 0-0-6-7-0 - A pyralspite dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more shinies.
  • 6-0-6-0-6 - A pyralspite dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of shinies, but left to find a dragon with more miscellaneous items.
  • 0-6-6-0-6 - A pyralspite dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of shinies, but left to find a dragon with more miscellaneous items.
  • 0-0-6-6-6 - A pyralspite dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of shinies, but left to find a dragon with more miscellaneous items.
Notes:

Today was very surprising because I got four different dragons. huh.gif

Conclusion for Black: Primary: Mana - Secondary: Meat - Does not mind if other kinds of things are equal, but does mind if there are more of them than mana.

Conclusion for Pyralspite: Primary: Shinies - Secondary: Misc - Does not mind if other kinds of things are equal, but does mind if there are more of them than shinies.

It looks like the visiting dragon changes over time, without changing anything else in the cave. Waiting a bit and reloading the page after the next hour gave me a different dragon.

Suggestions:

It seems to be sufficient to test with 6 and 7 items. This should be much faster than testing with the maximum (currently 40).

Now that we know the primary and secondary preferences for most breeds, we should pay more attention to what is ignored or not among the three other kinds of things.

(message edited to add the pyralspite)

Edited by Bugzilla

My Dragon: Red-Finned Tidal

Visiting Dragon: Copper

Interested Message: ...It seems she liked the collection of [meat], but left to find a dragon with more [shinies].

Attempts:

• 33-40-40-40-39 - A copper dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of meat, but left to find a dragon with more shinies.
  • 33-40-40-40-40 - A copper dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more meat.
  • 40-40-40-40-39 - A copper dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more meat.
Notes: I don't really have a primary color. If I had to pick, red and blue? But I do have a mix.

Copper's primary is meat and secondary is shinies, which can be equal in value. She is indifferent to sweets and doesn't like magic or miscellaneous. Her secondary (shinies) as well as her 'indifferents' (sweets) can be equal to her primary (meats). I did not test what happens if they exceed - although I am assuming that would be unacceptable.

Visiting Dragon: Balloon

Interested Message: ...It seems she liked the collection of [sweets], but left to find a dragon with more [miscellaneous items].

Attempts:

• 39-40-40-40-39 - A balloon dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more sweets.
  • 39-40-39-40-39 - A balloon dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more sweets.
  • 39-39-39-40-39 - A balloon dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of sweets, but left to find a dragon with more miscellaneous items.
  • 40-39-39-40-39 - A balloon dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more sweets.
  • 39-39-39-40-40 - A balloon dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more sweets.
Notes: Still don't really have a primary color - same color scheme as above.

Balloon's primary is sweets and secondary is miscellaneous, which must be at least one less than her primary. She is indifferent to anything else as long as it doesn't exceed the amount of her secondary (miscellaneous), even if the values are equal.

Visiting Dragon: Desipis

Interested Message: ...It seems she liked the collection of [mana], but left to find a dragon with more [meat].

Attempts:

• 39-39-39-39-39 - A desipis dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of mana, but left to find a dragon with more meat.
  • 40-39-39-39-39 - A desipis dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of mana, but left to find a dragon with more meat.
  • 39-40-39-39-39 - A desipis dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more mana.
  • 39-39-40-39-39 - A desipis dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more mana.
  • 40-39-39-40-39 - A desipis dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of mana, but left to find a dragon with more meat.
  • 39-39-39-39-40 - A desipis dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more mana.

Desipis's primary is mana and secondary is meat, although these values can be equal. She is indifferent to everything else, as long as nothing exceeds the primary (mana), even if it equals the primary or exceeds the secondary (meat).

Visiting Dragon: Bright Pink

Interested Message: ...It seems she liked the collection of [meat], but left to find a dragon with more [sweets].

Attempts:

• 39-39-39-39-39 - A bright pink dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more meat.
  • 39-40-39-39-39 - A bright pink dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of meat, but left to find a dragon with more sweets.
  • 39-40-39-40-39 - A bright pink dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of meat, but left to find a dragon with more sweets.
  • 39-49-39-40-40 - A bright pink dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more meat.
  • 39-40-40-40-39 - A bright pink dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of meat, but left to find a dragon with more sweets.
  • 40-40-40-40-39 - A bright pink dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more meat.
  • 39-40-40-39-39 - A bright pink dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of meat, but left to find a dragon with more sweets.
  • 39-39-40-39-39 - A bright pink dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more meat.

Bright Pink's primary is meat and secondary is sweets, although these values can be equal. She is indifferent to shinies, as long as they don't exceed the primary (meat), even if it equals the primary or exceeds the secondary (sweets). She does not like mana or miscellaneous.

I had some other dragons earlier, but wasn't really tracking what was in my cave, so I left them out of this. Will update with any subsequent ones.

Added the Balloon. The dragon species seems to change upon the hour now, rather than every 24.

Added the Desipis.

Added the Bright Pink.

Edited by SolarCat

Day 1 - Grave - Shinies then meat

Day 2 - Fleshcrowne - Sweets then Shinies

Day 3 - Bleeding Moon - Misc. then meat

Day 4 - Falconiform - Meat then Shinies

Day 5 - Balloon - Sweets then misc.

There isn't always a connection between them. Sometimes they allow the secondary to be equal to the primary, sometimes not.

i just had 3 different dragons visit me in the past 10 minutes after rearranging my cave. very unusual given that ever since the event started i could only ever get 1 visitor per day. anyone else get this?

So... After my tests with Red, Bright Pink, Black, Pyralspite today, I decided to wait until the next hour and reload the page without changing anything else in my cave.

Surprise, surprise (or not, considering what I wrote in my previous post):

• 0-0-6-0-0 - A undine dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more mana.
It looks like we are getting a different visitor every hour now!

Some more tests with the undine (limiting to 6/7 items):

• 6-0-0-0-0 - A undine dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of mana, but left to find a dragon with more shinies.
  • 6-0-6-0-0 - A undine dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of mana, but left to find a dragon with more shinies.
  • 6-6-6-0-0 - A undine dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of mana, but left to find a dragon with more shinies.
  • 6-7-6-0-0 - A undine dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more mana.
  • 6-0-6-6-0 - A undine dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of mana, but left to find a dragon with more shinies.
  • 6-0-6-7-0 - A undine dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more mana.
  • 6-0-6-0-6 - A undine dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of mana, but left to find a dragon with more shinies.
  • 6-0-6-0-7 - A undine dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more mana.
One thing that worries me a bit is that for the last three dragons that I tested today (black, pyralspite, undine), I did not see any difference between the three "other" kinds of items that are not their primary or secondary preferences. I thought that this could be used as a way to break ties between the breeds that have the same primary and secondary preferences, but this does not seem to be the case (at least for the dragons that I tested recently).

P.S.: Zeditha, how do you get a Day 5 dragon while we are only on day 4? wink.gif

~Updated Again~

My Dragon: Golden Wyvern

Visiting Dragon: Deep Sea Dragon

Attempts:

• Magic/Meat/Shinies/Sweets/Misc
  • N-S-P-N-N - P = Primary, S = Secondary, N = Neither

• 1-1-2-1-1 - She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of shinies, but left to find a dragon with more meat.
  • 2-2-2-2-2 - She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of shinies, but left to find a dragon with more meat.
  • 2-2-2-2-2 - She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of shinies, but left to find a dragon with more meat.
  • 3-0-3-3-3 - She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of shinies, but left to find a dragon with more meat.
  • 2-2-0-2-2 - She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more shinies.
-----------------------------------------------

Note 1: No notable difference in interest with the increase of non-preferred item types, so far from what I have seen: as long as main is highest and secondary is second highest, the remaining type quantity doesn't seem to affect interest. (This of course, applies to this particular dragon.)

Note 2: Used every kind of meat all at once, and used many different kinds of shinies, in case a specific item was preferred, so far, no notable different.

Note 3: Having the primary as the highest, and every category the same amount as the secondary seems to produce the same message.(Interested, but wants more meat.) Also, for me, having everything at 4, including primary want, also produced the same interest message. And lastly, having every at four, except for the secondary want, which was at three, also produced the same message...

--------------------------------------------------------

Visiting Dragon: Teimarr

Attempts:

• Magic/Meat/Shinies/Sweets/Misc
  • N-P-S-N-N - P = Primary, S = Secondary, N = Neither
  • 2-2-2-2-2 - She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more meat.
  • 2-2-1-2-2 - She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of meat, but left to find a dragon with more shinies.
Note 1: Shifted things around with different item types to see if it did not like somethings, it was not happy with all items the same amount, but happy when secondary is at least one less of primary, even with everything else being the same amount as primary. Edited by Kyann

The dragon species seems to change upon the hour now, rather than every 24.

Hmm, you seem to be right. I've got a nhiostrife visiting now when I had a balloon previously, and I haven't changed anything. Maybe it was supposed to always do this, so we could discover more breed combos? Either way, this is a great opportunity to re-test dragons in case they get repelled by certain combos.

Will we have to add a timestamp to our visiting dragons as well? tongue.gif jk, jk

But make sure to be on the lookout for species that aren't on the front page list yet! With this extra circulation we'll find all of them for sure.

It seems to be sufficient to test with 6 and 7 items. This should be much faster than testing with the maximum (currently 40).

Ooh this might be very helpful. And hopefully they scale up once we want to actually target one particular species and decorate the cave for realsies.

Edited by helix9

Hmm, you seem to be right. I've got a nhiostrife visiting now when I had a balloon previously, and I haven't changed anything. Maybe it was supposed to always do this, so we could discover more breed combos? Either way, this is a great opportunity to re-test dragons in case they get repelled by certain combos.

Will we have to add a timestamp to our visiting dragons as well? tongue.gif jk, jk

But make sure to be on the lookout for species that aren't on the front page list yet! With this extra circulation we'll find all of them for sure.

Well that make sense. Got a red some time early this morning but hadn't changed it until recently. it must have changed prior to the hour when i was fiddling around and then when the hour changed, again to reflect the updated status.

Now I decorated my cave with 6 items of each kind, so I have 6-6-6-6-6.

This seems to be the easiest way to see the primary and secondary preferences of all dragons, unless there is some item that they dislike (in which case I just have to increase their primary preference from 6 to 7 to discover the secondary one).

EDIT: here is how my cave looks like right now, in order to test things easily:

user posted image

Edited by Bugzilla