helix9

Cave of Courtship

It's only day one.... we may be allowed to add more items to our hoards as the event goes on to get closer and closer to attracting a mate. I mean, this is supposed to last a week- we're probably not supposed to be able to win yet.

Dangit a stupid falconiform wyvern keeps wanting either meat or shinies but I maxed out both. How do you 'beat' this?

Try to take away everything else .-.

My silver dragon attracted a Bright Pink, but, as is happening with just about everyone, she doesn't stay long... she wants some combination of meat & sweets, doesn't seem to care a lot about the other categories.

I tried putting out other items to see if different breeds would be attracted, but always the Bright Pink one rolls by and isn't satisfied with the exhibit...

My husband's gold dragon attracted a Golden Wyvern, but she seems to be picky about the balance of mana and shinies.

My niece's Thunder dragon attracted a Nebula who seems mostly interested in meat & mana.

It is interesting that mana seems to be found in magic, sweets, and misc. categories.

(or, if the stuff that looks similar in the nonmagic categories isn't mana, it looks a lot like it)

The only thing I wish for would be a 'clear all' button for editing... my wrist is getting tired from moving all around to click to remove items. xd.png

(eta always the same breed comes... I will ask evilhusband if he tried any other combinations and will update if he gets something different)

Edited by evilcostumelady

It's only day one.... we may be allowed to add more items to our hoards as the event goes on to get closer and closer to attracting a mate. I mean, this is supposed to last a week- we're probably not supposed to be able to win yet.

Right- it says "You may get some interested onlookers—but you won’t actually attract a mate until the end of the event. Check back each day to collect more things to decorate with." I assumed that meant we will be able to add more items as the event goes on? Guess we will have to wait and see.

My Undine is currently attracting a Black mate who likes both Mana and Meat. She seems satisfied with 10 mana but wants more meat.

I grabbed a Black Dragon, with 10 in each item. Maxed out....

(If anyone wants to peek at a screenshot, I would love it if you did)

Your cave is gray? Mine is brown, nebula from the desert, does that make a differnce you think?

I have a Canopy onlooker who wants to have more sweets. I am using a Bluesang dragon and I have maxed out Shinies, have 9 from 10 Magic items, 4 Sweets and two miscancellous.

Edit: My Bluesang is from the coast and canopys are from the jungle... guess my dragons cave must be at a jungle-coast.

Edited by Laura-Lana

Your cave is gray? Mine is brown, nebula from the desert, does that make a differnce you think?

I think is does. Mine is a Winter, from the Alpine off course.

I'm using an Ember dragon, and I've only been able to attract a red so far (though I've gotten two different descriptions)

the current one is:

A red dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of meat, but left to find a dragon with more mana.

~~</3

Edited by Nightfure

You may get some interested onlookers—but you won’t actually attract a mate until the end of the event.

Nothing's wrong, this is just going to take time smile.gif

A desipis dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of mana, but left to find a dragon with more meat.

My Undine has interesting suitors laugh.gif

I focused all on shinies, magic and misc.

I wonder why my Canopy onlooker comes at all. I don't have enough sweets for her and she is only 'mildly' interested in the rest of my cave. I figure whatever else she wants I don't have it or don't have enough of it.

So, for each dragon we have different looking cave? That's amazing! My magma attracted GW so far, but I would like to see it with some other mate. I would like to see how other caves looks like, but I tried and we can't look at other people caves by clicking on this year badge on they scroll sad.gif I wonder how a cave with seasonal dragons looks like - does every season have different looking cave?

I had a problem with decorating my cave, it's so pretty for magmas, but I don't want to put things on lava, that's looking a bit weird laugh.gif

Here's my dragon cave if anyone would like to see a magma hoard: Magma Cave

I chose an Ember. I was stupid and picked the wrong dragon by accident ... sad.gif

I have a red dragon after me right now. Do you get adult dragons or eggs or?

Because I've got 5/5 eggs right now D:

My RB attracts a Harvest no matter what I do... off to decorate my cave prettily and ignore that girl...

A teimarr dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more meat.

...but you won’t actually attract a mate until the end of the event. Check back each day to collect more things to decorate with.

guess me and my Brimstone still have to wait. Actually hoping for a white.

Do you get adult dragons or eggs or?

its a game - no game has ever resulted in gaining an egg. you just have to see what your dragons perfect match is

Edited by Mysfytt

I chose a CB gold dragon from the forest.

I'm currently attracting a black.

Mana needs to have the most or tied for the most. Once that is satisfied she asks for more meat and does not cease.

So I think the key for black's interest is mana being the most.

It seems like the dragons are mildly interested when the primary type they want is not in abundance (mana being primary for blacks) and then they defer to a second when that is fulfilled and will ask for that indefinitely.

Here's what I've collected so far if my theory is right.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1I7I...dit?usp=sharing

Primary is based on what they ask for when mildly interested. They will remain mildly interested until that category has the most or equal to the most.

Secondary is what they ask for when they are satisfied with the primary but want more of something else.

Edited by mo7

A falconiform wyvern comes to visit your dragon’s den.

I didn't know that I could choose different catalog by clicking on the texts... So when I attracted the falconiform my status was 10/10 magic. Nothing else.

I'm on Autumn in Forest.

A undine dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of mana, but left to find a dragon with more shinies.

I chose a CB Purple dragon, magic 10/10, the location just says: Cave.

My CB Tinsel attracted an imperial Fleshcrowne.

Where can you see the location?

Edited by SickThing

I give up on the game. No matter what I do, or what I decorate my cave with, I only attract a picky Nhiostrife female that isn't happy with ANY what I offer her.

She wants more sweets, I give my cave one more sweets.

After that she wants more shinies, I give my cave one more shiny.

Afterwards she wants more sweets, I give my cave one more sweets.

Exactly like that. Just like that..... all the time.

I wish I would make that up...

But that goes until I maxed out both shiny and sweets, and she's off to search for a dragon with either more sweets or shinies. *Strangles that Nhiostrife*

And NO MATTER how I decorate my cave ... it's always only that Nhiostrife that shows up. Even with a cave full of meat, or magic stuff..... *cries*

Just a question, how do you get more decorations? Currently I only have trinkets that boost magic stats, no shinies or meat or anything else - is it just a matter of waiting and returning later, because I only started the game an hour or so back.

Edited by stagazer_7

Just a question, how do you get more decorations? Currently I only have trinkets that boost magic stats, no shinies or meat or anything else - is it just a matter of waiting and returning later, because I only started the game an hour or so back.

Just click on the words "Meat", "Shinies" and so on. The items should appear then. smile.gif