TJ09

2015-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day

its a bird. There are many various pheasants in the world. The pheasant in the meat section of the event is an common pheasant (Phasianus colchicus). Please correct me if I am wrong.

P. colchicus yes but I am used to calling it ring-necked pheasant rather than common (even though I grew up in England where common pheasant is common usage).

Well, this one has made me laugh:

A falconiform wyvern comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more meat.

Considering that my current break down on items is:

Magic(30/40)

Meat(0/40)

Shinies(1/40)

Sweets(40/40)

Misc. (13/40)

I'm not surprised she left smile.gif

An eastern! An honest to goodness eastern! I could scream! Finally, an eastern I can get a CB of! Why couldn't they be year-round sad.gif I love the shiny cherry red... a red eastern is the way to go. (hides dragon request)

I don't get why people are disappointed it's not purple. Since when is purple a Valentine's color? It's like being disapointed that a Christmas dragon isn't orange. I know theirs lots of pink and why people might not want more pink, but at least this one is red and a difrent red then the heartseekers and the silvery mane stands out. If it was purple I probably wouldn't have known t was a valentine's breed.

...and I don't want a heartbreaker. That's like, the OPPOSITE of the season! If is just comforts single people then isn't that what heartseaker do setting them up?

I know some people don't like the girly lovey breeds, but its like some people are trying to get a non-valentines breed for next valentines. It not like around Xmas and people just want other holidays include (if people were comlianing because they wanted a SAD day dragon, I'd get that). Mabey I'm over-thinking it, but that the first thing I saw when I clicked the thread and it left a weird taste in my mouth.

I like it! The idea is really neat! biggrin.gif

Thanks for the awesome dragon spriter's! Radiant angel is my favourite dragon of all-time, so I wasn't expecting this to beat it, but this is nearly just as good! This is really up there in my top few now!

Also - So shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiny

I was a bit disappointed at first when we got yet another pink valentine dragon, but this turned out much better than I expected - the pose is really cute, and I love the concept!

IMO it looks clearly red, not pink at all, but I guess that's a monitor difference. I also don't get what anyone's problems with the art would be. Technically it's fine. If you don't like Easterns I guess that's personal preference. But that's the only reason I can think of to not like the art itself.

I do admit I find the story really bizarre and nonsensical though. It seems WAY more likely that such behavior would lead to a lot of NEGATIVE rather than POSITIVE misunderstandings. That's manipulative, mean behavior, not loving in the slightest. I have a hard time understanding how whomever wrote that thought it would lead to happiness. I know if my stuff was stolen, then appeared months later in someone else's possessions, and that someone else popped up to thank me for giving it to them, I'd consider that someone else either a manipulative jerk who stole my stuff and then tried to get out of it with a cracky story, or else I'd talk about it with the receiver and we'd both quickly realize the truth. And I can tell you I'd then be pissed and go looking for the real thief. It COULD lead to a better relationship, but it could just as easily lead to hurt feelings and worsened relationships, if not more easily. I dunno, man. I just don't know. I like the event and the look of the dragon but I think the story just... doesn't make sense.

I don't see why a heartbreak dragon or SAD (Singles Awareness Day) dragon would be such a bad thing. The alt sweetling is a SAD dragon, and it has been so well received. I even described mine to be the evilest little bugger and those who looked it over loved it and it even got accepted as its personal description. So I don't see why bringing up a very real part of the valentine season and love it self would be such a bad thing.

Even if it does not mend or comfort broken hearts, there are so many concepts of dragons and creatures attracted to certain emotions. Like in pokemon how misdreavous and Shuppet are attracted to and thrive off of ill feelings, it would be amazing to have a valentine dragon concept in which the dragon would be attrackted to and feed off of feelings of rejection or heartbreak.

A Harvest showed up at my cave and left to find more sweets.

I have 40/40 sweets, a number matched only by my shines, and my dragon is wearing a freaking potato costume. What more do you want, woman?!

However, I finally got a more-than-mildly interested potential mate:

A golden wyvern comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she liked the collection of shinies, but left to find a dragon with more mana.

...so particular. rolleyes.gif

Edited by LibbyLishly

I'm completely taken with the adult sprite. That is GORGEOUS.

Have people started talking about Heartstealer/Heartseeker lineages yet? biggrin.gif

Like others posting on the previous page, I've also had a 3rd visitor today for the first time.

A deep sea dragon comes to visit your dragon’s den. She seems mildly interested, but doesn’t stay long. It seems she left to find a dragon with more shinies.

Did anyone else load up on different coloured scales from Misc just before having multiple different dragons visit?

I like the concept of the Hearstealers, but the description needs a bit of tweaking in my opinion. I love the sprites and I am happy that we have another eastern dragon. smile.gif

Oh I do like theses dragons, very pretty! First thing I thought of when I saw them was ribbon dancers, and I didn't see the heart shape at all though until mentioned here /is unobservant rolleyes.gif Admittedly they are the complete wrong shade on pink for my taste as I don't really like very red pinks, but as a whole sprite they are just lovely! I do recall that I saw someone predict 'Heart Thief' dragons as a breed name way back near the beginning of the thread, and I do think that name flows better than Heartstealing Dragpns, but minor quibble.

Also, shiny eastern makes for a very good match with gold shimmers, so I'm happy with that ^^ I've named my two Kissy Suzuki (a mate for James) and Stolen Loving - tempted to breed her with one of my RAs next year. All in all very happy with these!

Edited by Prince_Xanthius

I'm completely taken with the adult sprite. That is GORGEOUS.

Have people started talking about Heartstealer/Heartseeker lineages yet? biggrin.gif

They would be nice! Red/gold and red/silver.

Did anyone else load up on different coloured scales from Misc just before having multiple different dragons visit?

I actually didn't change anything between the Harvest and the Golden Wyvern.

I've had Misc maxed on different coloured scales for two days - didn't change any today that I recall aside from when I first woke.

I don't see why a heartbreak dragon or SAD (Singles Awareness Day) dragon would be such a bad thing. The alt sweetling is a SAD dragon, and it has been so well received. I even described mine to be the evilest little bugger and those who looked it over loved it and it even got accepted as its personal description. So I don't see why bringing up a very real part of the valentine season and love it self would be such a bad thing.

Even if it does not mend or comfort broken hearts, there are so many concepts of dragons and creatures attracted to certain emotions. Like in pokemon how misdreavous and Shuppet are attracted to and thrive off of ill feelings, it would be amazing to have a valentine dragon concept in which the dragon would be attrackted to and feed off of feelings of rejection or heartbreak.

Personally, a dragon feeding off of negativity wouldn't come across as festive. Holidays are generally more uplifting times, where you focus on the positive. Heartbreak brings the negativity of real life that many are trying to escape into the vehicle of that escape.

SAD is a positive spin, so that would be okay for me, but not heartbreak, loss or longing.

Just had two new dragons visit and I'm still maxed out for all my items from when I changed them around at midnight. So, I'm updating my list.

In order of appearance, visiting cave ladies:

1. Black

2. Gold Wyvern

3. Ember

4. White (day 4)

5. Nebula (day 4)

6. Gold-Horned Tangar (day 4)

:/ And now a fourth.

I think I'll stop giving updates every time it changes now tongue.gif It's more fun with lots of changes though.

I actually didn't change anything between the Harvest and the Golden Wyvern.

Thanks, there's one theory blown out of the water! laugh.gif

:/ And now a fourth.

I think I'll stop giving updates every time it changes now tongue.gif It's more fun with lots of changes though.

Same! Are we to the point now where we just get a new visitor with every refresh? I haven't changed a thing in the cave for the last three females. laugh.gif It's certainly a nice change from just one visitor for the entire day unless drastic measures were taken.

Geez, so many people don't like the Heartstealers. Yeah, I suppose we could do with some purple, but I like them. The only thing I don't really like is the description. It just seems...confusing. I don't get how stealing things and giving them to others makes everyone happy. As for the event, it was underdone. We have no clear instructions of what we are supposed to do or what happens at the end of the event. It seems clear that my first participation in a cave valentines event sucks...

I feel you! Even though I understand the description, it seems that the past V-Day events were more well-explained than this, although from past experience, that probably means that the end result will be more fun. tongue.gif

(My scroll has a V-Day 14 badge, but it was a glitch because I joined in September 14, so this is my first V-Day event)

I didn't change anything, either. They just changed dragon breeds on their own.

Wow, I thought they didn't change, but I read all the speculation in the thread, and when I refreshed the page, the Black dragon visiting was replaced by a Grave Dragon. *Happy*

PLEASE STAY MS. GRAVE DRAGON xd.png