TJ09

2015-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day

I really want someone to put in a dragon request for a Heartstealer/Balloon hybrid - heart shaped balloons laugh.gif

I personally think the dragons that come to visit are just flavour text, I didn't really pay attention to those messages, I just decorated the cave.

I for one, looove these sprites. My scroll needs more pink, so I welcome all the pink anythings I can get. These guys look gorgeous, and I can't wait to breed them with my silver and Pyralsprites. It'll be simply beautiful! :3

I really want someone to put in a dragon request for a Heartstealer/Balloon hybrid - heart shaped balloons laugh.gif

I personally think the dragons that come to visit are just flavour text, I didn't really pay attention to those messages, I just decorated the cave.

OMG Yessss!

I don't think it's just flavor text, because on the 21st, it's all going to matter. tongue.gif

I think a SAD day dragon could be fun, but not a heartbreak dragon. (Although a heartbreak spriter's alt of a regularly-valentine dragon would be amusing, of course! tongue.gif)

As for the breeds changing, it appears the code was changed to switch breeds every HOUR, rather than every DAY, to provide more variety. I could be wrong of course! But that's what I've been noticing.

I wish to thank not only the conceptors, but also the spriters, artists, the critiquers, and others who have contributed to this as well as all of the dragons we get to play with each day. I believe their talents are gifts that ghe choose to share with the rest of us. The new dragon is creative, graceful, pretty, and communicates the Valentine message of love and affection. Thank-you for your efforts and for sharing your gift with the rest of us so we can enjoy this game.

So happy, that the mates are now changing and we really can learn which breed want more mana or more sweets.

Thank you very much TJ for this improvement!

I am so happy about the code of one of my Heartstealing Dragons i named her based on her code and it fits.

Any suggestion for a name out of the code RIKJO for my Hearstealing hatchling?

I stick with magical on maxium and then meat and then misc. for the cave for my Falconiform Wyvern.

Did anyone else load up on different coloured scales from Misc just before having multiple different dragons visit?

My 5th for the day just came and left, a teimarr this time.

I've changed nothing at all since my original change this morning. I added the same thing, misc wise, that I've been adding each day, flowers and that item between the top and flowers.

Only change up today was I added a top and 1 little dragon. I'm trying to stay with maxing only shinies and misc, so it's getting hard to find things to add from each of those categories since I've already filled up with the items I actually want.

JOKIR

Edited by MedievalMystic

So happy, that the mates are now changing and we really can learn which breed want more mana or more sweets.

Thank you very much TJ for this improvement!

I am so happy about the code of one of my Heartstealing Dragons i named her based on her code and it fits.

I stick with magical on maxium and then meat and then misc. for the cave for my Falconiform Wyvern.

well.. it would be improper to say the least, but in lojban, it could be argued that rikjo (reek dzoe.. dz = the j sound in bonjour or the second g in garage) means An afterthought caused by being a valentine... bit really.. its not a proper word..

Personally, I think the code sounds just fine as a name on its own tongue.gif

Named my little Hearstealers Shiny Firefly and Z'Shiny Serenity (I always try to pick up 1 Z code holiday). Hugs to my fellow Browncoats who get the reference. laugh.gif

Edited by LibbyLishly

Yeah... Same with the females I attracted.

I really got the impression that this event is all about meating the right female...

boooo!

no really, actually that's a delicious pun wink.gif

Heh, Hades wanted to make a curtain at the cave entrance, and even managed to use his powers to mutate some thorns into a color that the Picky Nostfire outside might like. Sadly, she rejected him. He didn't have enough shiny stuff to suit her.

user posted image

Heh, Hades wanted to make a curtain at the cave entrance, and even managed to use his powers to mutate some thorns into a color that the Picky Nostfire outside might like. Sadly, she rejected him. He didn't have enough shiny stuff to suit her.

user posted image

How many grapes do you have up for that?! OMG!

How many grapes do you have up for that?! OMG!

Ummm, all of them? xd.png

(I've maxed out Sweets, Shinies, and Misc.)

I've noticed there is a typo in the Heartstealer dragon description.

The only way to know if a gift is from a Heartstealing Dragpn is to find one of their wafer-thin scales at the scene.
Edited by Shanol

I've noticed there is a typo in the Heartsttealer dragon description.

Yeah, several other people have too.

I've noticed there is a typo in the Heartstealer dragon description.

The prevailing theory is that the little Heartstealers stole the o and surreptitiously replaced it with a p.

user posted image

you are the first person I have seen really make use of those purple grape/berries tongue.gif Thanks for the smile.

The prevailing theory is that the little Heartstealers stole the o and surreptitiously replaced it with a p.

*Giggles* It would fit. tongue.gif

I'm kind of meh on the adult sprite, mainly due to the color (I really dislike bright pink....). That it's an eastern doesn't bother me at all (hell, I consider it a plus): I just don't like the color.

The breed description though bother's me. As other's have said, it sounds to me that it would lead up to negativity, maybe even arrests. Not really thought out, if you ask me....

And yeah, I'm another that is tried of pink. There's other colors out there that can symbolize the Holiday...it's just we are 'fixated' on red/pink/white for this holiday. For instance, according to this site (http://www.color-wheel-pro.com/color-meaning.html), these colors could work as well:

Aqua is associated with emotional healing and protection.

Light blue is associated with health, healing, tranquility, understanding, and softness

Light purple evokes romantic and nostalgic feelings

Then there's this one with another option: (http://www.incredibleart.org/lessons/middle/color2.htm)

Beige and ivory symbolize unification. Ivory symbolizes quiet and pleasantness.

Unfortunately, colors mean different things in different contexts....

Unfortunately, colors mean different things in different contexts....

And in different countries.

I've got all sorts of dragons coming by now. Before it was just 1 a day, now I have seen a pyralspite, a teimarr, and a despis pass by. The Pyralspite liked my shines, but wanted more miscellaneous items, while the teimarr and despis only glanced by, looking for more meat and mana respectively. There was one more dragon too! I just can't remember the name right now... All I know is that it liked all my sweets, but wanted more miscellaneous items.... Looks like my Copper is getting more attention! biggrin.gif How many days of this are left in the event? We are going to have a lot of stuff by the end of it. It ends on the 21st, right? If so, I'm gonna run out of room...

you are the first person I have seen really make use of those purple grape/berries tongue.gif Thanks for the smile.

Heh, no problem. Glad I made a smile today. smile.gif