TJ09

2015-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day

I suppose that's true.

My guess is that the Heartstealers got an early head-start and stole the "o" for their collections, so the person writing the descriptions had to make do with a different letter. They were going to use a zero, but the shiny little thieves stole that too. tongue.gif

They are so cute that it is difficult not to forgive them. xd.png

My take on this is that maybe they choose their targets for theivery and gifting with care... that is my theory.

Let's not embrace a concept of negativity.  The last thing I want to see is a dragon that reminds me of how miserable, sad, lovelorn and depressed people are.  I'm sorry that people deal with that but the last thing I want is a constant reminder of it in my face.

If people insist on such a dragon, at least do it as a non holiday release.  I'd like to keep what are meant to be joyful holidays joyful.

So the day of love is meant to be the day we ignore the fact that there are people who long for love and don't have it? Doesn't that kind of go against the spirit of said holiday? rolleyes.gif

And no, I don't favor a dark brooding dragon for Valentine's as I already mentioned above. But I do think a dragon that on Valentine's Day thinks of those lovelorn people and tries to be there for them and make their day brighter instead of joining in the lovey dovey celebrations with those that already found love and choose to blissfully ignore the rest might be an idea worth considering.

Edited by Rubin

So the day of love is meant to be the day we ignore the fact that there are people who long for love and don't have it? Doesn't that kind of go against the spirit of said holiday? rolleyes.gif

And no, I don't favor a dark brooding dragon for Valentine's as I already mentioned above. But I do think a dragon that on Valentine's Day thinks of those lovelorn people and tries to be there for them and make their day brighter instead of joining in the lovey dovey celebrations with those that already found love and choose to blissfully ignore the rest might be an idea worth considering.

I kind of agree with this, actually.

When i said 'no heartbreak dragon' i was thinking more along the lines of something dark and brooding... or that deliberately CAUSED heartbreak by messing with couples. That I wouldn't support.

A dragon that looks out for and comforts singles and those who have experienced heart break recently... that is definitely in keeping wit the spirit of the holiday, I think.

the dragon could be based on cupid. since hes known for bringing couples together. only gifts are used this time instead of arrows.

Let's not embrace a concept of negativity. The last thing I want to see is a dragon that reminds me of how miserable, sad, lovelorn and depressed people are. I'm sorry that people deal with that but the last thing I want is a constant reminder of it in my face.

If people insist on such a dragon, at least do it as a non holiday release. I'd like to keep what are meant to be joyful holidays joyful.

My main problem is that people HANG themselves UP on a "how about?" idea being tossed at them without the idea being actually cooked out or being intended in such a way.

My idea of a Heartbreak dragon was something that consoles the lonely hearts, and heartbreak can also be something bittersweet.

Lets not forget:

The single person who celebrates Valentines alone.

The person who has a bad breakup and celebrates valentine with friends.

The person in a long distance relationship.

The person who lost a loved one.

Many celebrate Valentines day alone, or over video chats, or with friends as a way to remind themselves that there is still love in many ways around.

No, Valentines should not be about DARK themes (Which was not what I wanted to say with the 'Heartbreak' dragon, but what people read into it without my intention or idea), but something that is not shiny shiny bling bling pink/red, but something that could be a poetry dragon, a dragon that delivers flowers, one that consoles the lonely heart by bringing love and friendship (or the memory of a loved one) to them.

Such dragons are not supposed to be sad, but actually have a hint of "Do not forget, there is love for you on this world, even if you feel alone".

So the day of love is meant to be the day we ignore the fact that there are people who long for love and don't have it? Doesn't that kind of go against the spirit of said holiday?  rolleyes.gif

My aunt married at age of 86 with a 88 years old gentleman some years ago. He is her second husband, her first husband passed away some years earlier and she thought that love was something that was out of reach for her. She was wrong. She met her second husband in a party and it was love at first sight.

I don't see the point in make a dragon or anything as a symbol of heartbroke people or people who still couldn't find love. Love is to everybody. There is no such thing as a person who is deprived of love. If someone didn't find love yet it's just because it wasn't the right time yet. Love will find that person.

I don't think sad and depressive thoughts should be entertained. I think that people should keep a positive atitude all the time.

I don't have a lover at the moment so I spend the valentine's with my most loved best friend. It's a different kind of love, it's not "romantic" love, but it is love too. I'm happy. I don't have a mate at the moment but I have people who love me. Everybody does.

Hmm... I'm going to breed my new val dragon with a Red-finned Tidal. I just checked and they look great together.

user posted imageuser posted image

Edited by danicast

It reminds me of cherry jello and that makes me happy.

That's a very unique and awesome view of the sprite! I hope if you wanted a name based on jello you managed to snag one biggrin.gif

I'm not anthropomorphising, I'm tired of skinny. I've always found the Arsani painfully thin. The Radiant Angels are lovely because they have a little heft to their Eastern thinness. The Heartstealers shaved that down.

Dragons can be any size, but usually they are seen as a formidable presence, Western or Eastern. For me, our Valentine dragons haven't been fitting that bill, and telling me that I have to go back four and more years to find one that does, really isn't helping.

The "slenderness" is part of the lore - its in the description that their sleekness helps them with their thieving. Plus the fact that they are Easterns (which we have far too few of) - it's just their body shape much the same way Radiant Angels are.

There are lots of 'chunky' dragons - in fact the exact opposite of what you lament can be said for Christmas dragons.

Dragons an be formidable but that's not always the case as can be seen if you just browse though the Encyclopedia to see all the different species. It's merely one perception and not necessarily universally shared.

First thing I thought of was the Ribbon Dancer pose.

Not fond of these guys, myself. I'm bored of the usual V-day cliches, bright pink and red, gaudiness, heart patterns... I didn't have much hope after seeing the eggs, but I still cling to the idea that we'll get something different. A lot of the spriter's alts manage to be festive and appropriate with different color schemes, so I don't believe that it's entirely difficult to do.

It's nice to have another Eastern, but eh-- like the Ribbons, their heads get lost in the sprite and I'm not infatuated with everything that's shiny =P

They're so pretty. wub.gif

Well now I know where all my missing stuff went, I hope whoever got it was happy with it.

I think they'd make good partners to Heartseekers if they gave gifts to both the dragons the Heartseeker was trying to get together, then they'd each assume the gift was from the other.

smile.gif I like these dragons a lot, particularly the shape their body forms into (a heart)!

The sprites are beautiful and I love the concept - can't wait to hoard them next year wink.gif

I just don't want a dragon bred out of bitterness toward those that actually have loved ones.

The positivity in this holiday applies to everyone because EVERYONE has a loved one, even if they're far away or passed on. Why would you want to sit in bitterness over that? Wouldn't you like a holiday to bask in the fact that they do exist and the love is real and is something that should be celebrated and cherished?

Love exists in the relationships between family, friends, and significant others, and all hope of finding love shouldn't be coated with negativity.

However, a black and red dragon (like the alt sweetlings) would look nice. Perhaps a Bittersweet dragon? A dragon who comforts those who do not have love and gives them the feeling that they do? That's still promoting love. Again, this holiday is about love: loving friends, family, lovers.

I do enjoy the cleverness put into this year's dragon, and it's not really pink anyway. I like that it's shaped like a heart. It's cute and lovely and compliments Shimmerscales pretty well.

My aunt married at age of 86 with a 88 years old gentleman some years ago. He is her second husband, her first husband passed away some years earlier and she thought that love was something that was out of reach for her. She was wrong. She met her second husband in a party and it was love at first sight.

I don't see the point in make a dragon or anything as a symbol of heartbroke people or people who still couldn't find love. Love is to everybody. There is no such thing as a person who is deprived of love. If someone didn't find love yet it's just because it wasn't the right time yet. Love will find that person.

I don't think sad and depressive thoughts should be entertained. I think that people should keep a positive atitude all the time.

I don't have a lover at the moment so I spend the valentine's with my most loved best friend. It's a different kind of love, it's not "romantic" love, but it is love too. I'm happy. I don't have a mate at the moment but I have people who love me. Everybody does.

Hmm... I'm going to breed my new val dragon with a Red-finned Tidal. I just checked and they look great together.

Some people never do find romantic love, though I do recognize you're speaking about all types of love throughout your post. I personally know someone who died in his 80's that actively looked all his life (until he became ill) to find romantic love, and he never did. It's just not meant for some people.

I also don't think going for something other than the cliche pink and lovey dovey type dragon would necessarily facilitate supporting depression. For example, I certainly don't look at the Alt. Sweetlings as depressing, despite the fact they are very Anti-V-Day oriented; I look at them as a symbol telling those of us who don't have romantic love that there is something for us too. I suffer from severe depression and they don't make me feel more depressed/sad/negative. I think they're pretty badass, personally.

Edited by Wahya

The sprites are beautiful and I love the concept - can't wait to hoard them next year wink.gif

Same! The more I look at these the more I'm thinking these might be one of my favorite Valentine's dragons. biggrin.gif They might be my favorite or 2nd favorite, next to the '09s. *w*

I like this pairing. Thank you!

(I think "Graceful Dan," my dragon in the cave for this year's event, found his love after all. xd.png)

Interesting! I'm happy to see an Eastern dragon though but, look at all those typos. xd.png I wonder what I'll breed mine with.

The positivity in this holiday applies to everyone because EVERYONE has a loved one, even if they're far away or passed on.

A lot of sociopaths don't =o Since they are incapable of appropriate emotion, I'm willing to bet they're not so hyped up about V-day (in between their murder sprees).

The single person who celebrates Valentines alone.

The person who has a bad breakup and celebrates valentine with friends.

The person in a long distance relationship.

The person who lost a loved one.

Many celebrate Valentines day alone, or over video chats, or with friends as a way to remind themselves that there is still love in many ways around.

No, Valentines should not be about DARK themes (Which was not what I wanted to say with the 'Heartbreak' dragon, but what people read into it without my intention or idea), but something that is not shiny shiny bling bling pink/red, but something that could be a poetry dragon, a dragon that delivers flowers, one that consoles the lonely heart by bringing love and friendship (or the memory of a loved one) to them.

Such dragons are not supposed to be sad, but actually have a hint of "Do not forget, there is love for you on this world, even if you feel alone".

This is a concept I can get behind. It's a totally different ball game than the kind of dragon that was described before. I had some miserable, depressed, as you said, 'dark themed', dragon concept pop into my mind, definitely a turn off. Something like this though, that represents your ideas, makes a lot more sense and doesn't seem as gloomy.

I certainly don't look at the Alt. Sweetlings as depressing,

I don't either. They are badass. smile.gif

Edited by MedievalMystic

I love the color and the shiny! laugh.gif And the shape is very unique -- managing to form a heart without contorting the body.

I wish I liked the Red-finned Tidal dragon better, because they do make a good combination. I need to see them with some other dragons before I decide on a mate.

Beautiful dragon, aangs-sister!

Wow! user posted image These dragons are simply beautiful. By far, one of my favorites. I'm so pleased with their forms! Can't wait for next year when I can freeze the other stages too.

Thank you TJ and spriter! user posted image

I'm not too enthusiastic about the new dragon, but I appreciate the work that went into creating it and I hope other people enjoy it.

Actually. I think these would look pretty with a silver tinsel.